IGNORED

United States of Bates Debut Excitement MERGED

homeschoolmomma1

all that talk of courtship and the flirty, flirty behavior made me think that there WAS going to be a courtship announcement between Erin and Mr. Defrauder, but after Zak/Zach's fiasco, they decided to follow Anna D's advice and keep quiet.

Agreed. Especially given the note left by the 22 year old Paine brother (weird they've updated the ages, but not the date they updated the post to reflect their current ages) left for Erin on the blog last week. I think they're just waiting for the official engagement to announce.

eta: The "big announcement" part of the episode description was pulled by TLC sometime over the weekend, but didn't make it to my on-screen guide.

Also, the first episode made baby jeebus cry with boredom. Poor forgotten Carlin; so much excitement that Alyssa had to run out at the last minute for a cake (couldn't even take the pricetag off first?) and balloons.

I vote Erin for most annoying. I got pleasure watching her perfect little hair get so messed up she couldn't even face the camera. HAHAHAHAHA! Who says these girls aren't vain? It's easier to pick out the ones who AREN'T (Micheal(la)/Tori/Joy Duggar) than the ones who are (the rest of the girls in both families over 16).

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's true, i don't think there will be an engagement until she graduates from college.

They would never delay marriage for the woman to finish college. She's not there to actually get an education, or to prepare for a career. She's only there to kill time til Mr. Fundy Right comes along.

I totally agree, Anna has always reminded of a "Who" creature. I also don't think Anna is pretty at all.

That pic reminds me...who's seen the Chick-fil-GAY commercial? I saw it for the first time (on ESPN) while surfing during the interminable chicken episode. I can't believe they put that on the air in light of the shit they pulled. I'm sure y'all down south have seen what I'm talking about, since the commercials would air regionally and I just happened to see it on a national broadcast of two southern teams playing football.

Also who the hell doesn't know that city water has fluoride?! The stupid always baffles.

The way Kelly said "What we didn't realize was having spring you're missing the fluoride that is in city waters" was so casual. I did wonder if she really didn't know about fluoride in water, or if that's just her way of casually telling a story.

And then Gil pipes in, "Fluoride is a lot cheaper than water." I assumed he was talking about paying his water bill. Geez, then just drink it and use your bargain spring water for everything else.

The Paines are a physician's family from Oklahoma who evidently are ATI/ Gothard, and spent time serving at ATI in Indy and in Chicago. Evidentlly they are back home in OK, now.

12paines.com is the website/blog. Haven't read much yet.

Ok they said the older ones never had a cavity. But the younger ones are getting cavities. Did they just move off city water? I thought they'd been there awhile. Seems like the older ones would have had cavities due to the spring water, too.

Oh hell. It isn't like it matters anyway. The taxpayers of the state pay for the fillings, it's no skin off Ol' Gils nose.

How exciting! the show is on and they are talking about chickens lol

Holy crap! they have a bunch of dangerous junk piles.

Why would you build a chicken coop on a hill?

They built it on a hill because their whole place is hills from the look of it. They should have excavated a flat spot, put in some type of retaining wall and a footing, then built the coop and pen. As it is, it'll wash out and become another junk pile in a few years. Way to waste money, Gil.

Ok they said the older ones never had a cavity. But the younger ones are getting cavities. Did they just move off city water? I thought they'd been there awhile. Seems like the older ones would have had cavities due to the spring water, too.

Oh hell. It isn't like it matters anyway. The taxpayers of the state pay for the fillings, it's no skin off Ol' Gils nose.

(snark meant for the Bates', not you) Here's a thought: I'm guessing when the bigs were little y'all brushed their teeth and taught them how to brush their own teeth, but now that the bigs are raising the littles they don't really give a shit because they're so overworked raising YOUR children and so the littles have no clue about proper oral hygiene. ...Yes, I realize none of them probably do, but I'm guessing there's a good chance the cavities in the littles are directly related to TOO MANY KIDS!!

The way Kelly said "What we didn't realize was having spring you're missing the fluoride that is in city waters" was so casual. I did wonder if she really didn't know about fluoride in water, or if that's just her way of casually telling a story.

And then Gil pipes in, "Fluoride is a lot cheaper than water." I assumed he was talking about paying his water bill. Geez, then just drink it and use your bargain spring water for everything else.

Doesn't Kelly have a degree in nursing? How the hell can you graduate from an accredited nursing program and not know that the city's water supply would likely be fluoridated while spring or well water would not be?

Doesn't Kelly have a degree in nursing? How the hell can you graduate from an accredited nursing program and not know that the city's water supply would likely be fluoridated while spring or well water would not be?

Not that I think Mensa is going to come knocking on their door, but I get the impression that Gil and Kelly are a lot more dialed into things than they let on. They're playing a part for the show. It's sort of ironic that TLC has apparently decided that the Bates are hicks and the Duggars are somehow more worldly or even more intellectual. It seems like reality might be closer to the other way around.

(snark meant for the Bates', not you) Here's a thought: I'm guessing when the bigs were little y'all brushed their teeth and taught them how to brush their own teeth, but now that the bigs are raising the littles they don't really give a shit because they're so overworked raising YOUR children and so the littles have no clue about proper oral hygiene. ...Yes, I realize none of them probably do, but I'm guessing there's a good chance the cavities in the littles are directly related to TOO MANY KIDS!!

That was my initial reaction before the fluoride/city water revelation, that the younger ones aren't supervised well enough when brushing their teeth. There's probably some truth to that, even if they really are off fluoride too.

Also, from the other episode last night:

Alyssa, stop throwing a fit over wearing a helmet in front of the potential husbands. Being high maintenance is gossip that will spread.

I totally agree, Anna has always reminded of a "Who" creature. I also don't think Anna is pretty at all.

At least Anna ditched the look she had around the the she married Josh. That crunchy perm with the hair plastered down straight in the front was definitely not flattering to her IMHO. She looks much better with her hair straighter. I don't think she is particularly pretty but not unattractive either. I think if she had greater freedom with hairstyle and clothes she could find looks that suit her better than what she is allowed.

Michaela always kind of reminded me of Tara from the Buffy series... Please someone say its not just me!?

Yes! Girl just needs some love.

Also who the hell doesn't know that city water has fluoride?! The stupid always baffles.

I live in a city and they do not floridate the water here, they have talked about it but the cost is pretty high and noone wants the taxes to go up!

I was wondering if they are like Jack T. Ripper in Dr. Strangelove and were avoiding fluoride, thinking that it would somehow make them sterile.

We can hope (and that the Duggars are cancelled, too.)

They only filmed a handful of episodes...6? 8? It might take a few months to find out if they are permanently cancelled or not.

The far right-wing John Birch Society has always been of the opinion that fluoridation of water was a Communist plot. It don't know if was to tap the vitality of of our bodily fluids ala General Ripper or not.

Is the show canceled? I haven't seen a new one in a week or two.

Baylee claims on her fan page that there will be another series, but she doesn't give dates.

Archived