IGNORED

United States of Bates Debut Excitement MERGED

homeschoolmomma1

I didn't see the books either, but maybe they have a fundie spin? Like, this is what the planets look like...because the LORD made them that way. Now let us pray.

You just summed up my science education. :lol:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the books either, but maybe they have a fundie spin? Like, this is what the planets look like...because the LORD made them that way. Now let us pray.

Not a bad marketing idea. Make up random shit, put it in a book, and say it's the word of God....oh wait, that's been done already....

I dont have numbers for monday but they didnt crack the top 100.

I watched the Duggars super fundy fun show last night and was surprised to see TLC plugs for honey boo boo, the conjoined twins etc but not the Bateses. You'd think they'd try and pull the audience, unless they know its totally over (please god let them both be over!)

Sharla on DWoP posted some.

9:00 0.800 million viewers and 0.361 million adults 18-49 0.3 rating.

9:30 0.708 million viewers and 0.324 million adults 18-49 0.3 rating.

Poor Kelly doesn't realize that most people "date with a purpose." For some people, that "purpose" is to get laid.

*snicker* Yeah, I'm a red-haired hussy, and that certainly is one of the primary reasons I date. (Well, "dated" because I'm on a long sabbatical from dating and sadly, sex :( ) But hells yeah.

I never said I saw it as a woman giving something away. For me as a WOMAN it was a personal choice. You go do what you want with whomever you want when you want! Did I ever say their was anything wrong with people having sex with men they didnt plan on marrying??? NO!

I never said I saw it as a woman giving something away. For me as a WOMAN it was a personal choice. You go do what you want with whomever you want when you want! Did I ever say their was anything wrong with people having sex with men they didnt plan on marrying??? NO!

You called it "giving a man the goodies" so how is that not a woman giving something away? You didn't say there's something wrong with having sex with men other people didn't plan on marrying, but you did say that's what your parents taught you to do which makes it sound like that's what they considered right, and I noticed it's a strange thing to teach a child if you're not significanlty religious.

its strange to teach your Teenage children to not have sex with every boy they date? Since when?

Is it teenagers in general or just female teenagers? You seem to be saying two things at once here.

Is it that odd that my parents taught their Teenage daughters to try to not have SEX with every single man they dated? I never saw this as being crazy! and I DID have sex with my hubby BEFORE we got married because I knew i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Im confused as to why this is so odd? And my brothers also got the same talk too. So yes all of us children were taught the same thing. Whether any of us followed that advice was up to each of us individualy.

I really liked how Gil and Kelly said, "dating with a purpose." I think that is a way better way to think. I was always taught dont ever give a man the goodies if you cant see yourself marrying him...LOL and my family is not religious at all! Needless to say the only man that has ever had my goodies is my hubby!

Maybe just an unfortunate choice of words. But saying words like 'goodies' 'Needless to say' It does come across that to do anything other than what you are saying is wrong. If it is your opinion that it is wrong. Fair enough. Others will take offence and disagree.

/clumsy sentence dot com/

I guess I need to be more careful stating things here.....i dont see it as wrong I was just saying what my parents told us, and I chose to not have sex with anyone but the person who I was in love with and could see myself marrying. My personal choice. Im a very liberal person and by no means did I intend to come off saying what others do is wrong. So if anyone took it that way I apologize!

I guess I need to be more careful stating things here.....i dont see it as wrong I was just saying what my parents told us, and I chose to not have sex with anyone but the person who I was in love with and could see myself marrying. My personal choice. Im a very liberal person and by no means did I intend to come off saying what others do is wrong. So if anyone took it that way I apologize!

Been there done that LOL

Still laughing at The Bates flipflop though. Dating with a purpose = better change it. Courting went fubar :shock:

Im sorry but seriously is their anything different than a courship and an arrange marriage LOL.....they are basically the same thing. If your heart is set on a certain man/woman and you tell your parents your feelings they basically get the say on to whether or not your allowed to start the courtship. The parents are picking your mates!I would love to send the Bates and Duggar girls the 50 shades of Grey trilogy :D mwahaha they need a little excitement!

Im sorry but seriously is their anything different than a courship and an arrange marriage LOL.....they are basically the same thing. If your heart is set on a certain man/woman and you tell your parents your feelings they basically get the say on to whether or not your allowed to start the courtship. The parents are picking your mates!I would love to send the Bates and Duggar girls the 50 shades of Grey trilogy :D mwahaha they need a little excitement!

-km reading them now (just finished #2 of the 3) and I gotta say; as poorly written, uncomplicated and simplistic as they are I don't think any of the Duggar girls can read at the level of those books.

Is it that odd that my parents taught their Teenage daughters to try to not have SEX with every single man they dated? I never saw this as being crazy! and I DID have sex with my hubby BEFORE we got married because I knew i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Im confused as to why this is so odd? And my brothers also got the same talk too. So yes all of us children were taught the same thing. Whether any of us followed that advice was up to each of us individualy.

There's a middle ground between teaching your teenages daughters to only have sex with someone they want to marry to teaching them to have sex with every single man they date. You seem to be thinking of possible choices in extremes. It's much more typical by non religious parents to teach their children to do whatever they feel ready for and comfortable with in terms of sex, which is not the same thing as teaching them to have sex with everyone they date. Sorry, I just hate when people say it's either save it for the one you marry or have sex with everyone you ever meet are the only two options.

Slightly better ratings. Hmmm. But still not good enough. The Duggars probably drew in some more viewers.

The Duggar episode was the 9:30 one that actually dipped a little. Maybe people tuned in at 9 expecting the Duggars though.

The Duggar episode was the 9:30 one that actually dipped a little. Maybe people tuned in at 9 expecting the Duggars though.

Yeah, I just meant in general.

Well I've had sex with every nearly every man I've dated (not counting my middle school boyfriend) and plenty of guys that I never even dated. And I don't see what's so bad about it.

It's also sexist to teach teenage daughters to have sex with fewer men. How about teaching all teenagers to not have sex with as many partners? Or how about being completely radical and teaching teenagers that they can have as many or as few partners as they want, of either sex, and also that they don't get to judge others based one how many sex partners they've had?

Yeah, I'm not gonna go easy on some newbie who frames sex in such a Patriarchal way and just assumes that everyone will agree that sex is just plain wrong, religious context or not.

You just said that your parents told this to you, and now you claim it's your personal choice? Sort of like how all the Duggars have chosen courtship after being told to choose that by their parents? I am also still wondering why your parents felt this way with no religious motivation behind it. What if you did just have a casual fling? Would they object to it, and why?

ETA: We've had a lot of trolls lately, including some who pretended they were something they aren't. If you're upset that you expressed yourself wrongly, then perhaps you should lurk more to learn what this community is like.

You just said that your parents told this to you, and now you claim it's your personal choice? Sort of like how all the Duggars have chosen courtship after being told to choose that by their parents? I am also still wondering why your parents felt this way with no religious motivation behind it. What if you did just have a casual fling? Would they object to it, and why?

ETA: We've had a lot of trolls lately, including some who pretended they were something they aren't. If you're upset that you expressed yourself wrongly, then perhaps you should lurk more to learn what this community is like.

Was definitely a total...WHOAH. It totally offended me. But I made that mistake.

It happens.

You know what my parents taught me? They taught me that sex is a very personal subject. They taught me to respect my own personal values and opinions (whatever they may be) and to always remember that it's ok to say "no" if I'm not ready. They taught me that sex can have big life changing consequences, and they taught me how to be safe and avoid unwanted consequences. I'm so grateful that that's what my parents taught me.

Is it that odd that my parents taught their Teenage daughters to try to not have SEX with every single man they dated?

Do you know someone whose parents 'taught' this?

Archived