IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

I cannot believe anyone in the mainstream is this clueless, and it doesn't match the "we're sooo persecuted we're gonna die for our beliefs" worldview typically ingrained in fundies. It's possible they're an extremely young fundie-light, but I mainly stand by my initial theory.

Then you are clueless. You are just not hearing about it because the "gay agenda" will tear them apart if they talk. Sometimes it just never comes up, sometimes its intentionally not talked about, and sometimes its flat out hidden, but there are many many people (even famous) who are against gay marriage and believe homosexuality is immoral, that you do not know about.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are not the norm, and I would bet that as much as you try, somewhere you are still supporting someone who doesn't believe homosexuality is moral.

Wrong. I am the norm in my community. That what isolationist fundies don't understand and refuse to accept.

Then you are clueless. You are just not hearing about it because the "gay agenda" will tear them apart if they talk. Sometimes it just never comes up, sometimes its intentionally not talked about, and sometimes its flat out hidden, but there are many many people (even famous) who are against gay marriage and believe homosexuality is immoral, that you do not know about.

There are also lots of closet racist, people learn to keep their hateful beliefs hidden.

I mean, if there really was a time period in America where things were closer to obeying the Bible, then you should have no problem with telling us when that is. If there isn't a time period that you can tell, then why not just say that this country has always strayed from the Bible and we are no more farther from the Bible than we have always been?

I personally believe that as time has gone on, this country has continued to stray more and more from the bible.

I personally believe that as time has gone on, this country has continued to stray more and more from the bible.

So it when exactly was it closer to the Bible. 50 years ago? 100 years ago?

Wrong. I am the norm in my community. That what isolationist fundies don't understand and refuse to accept.

If you called all these places up and more, and asked them if they provide equal benefits to committed same sex couples, then you are not the norm. Who has time to do that? "I gotta hurry and grab some lunch. Oh crap, I don't have time to check and see if they provide equal benefits to committed same sex couples."

So it when exactly was it closer to the Bible. 50 years ago? 100 years ago?

I'm done with this line of questioning.

Anyone want a sing-along? :whistle:

Joshua Fought The Battle Of Jericho, Jericho, Jericho,

Joshua Fought The Battle Of Jericho,

And The Walls Came Tumbling Down!

Right Up To The Walls Of Jericho

They Marched With Spear In Hand;

“Go Blow Them Ram Hornsâ€, Joshua Cried,

“Cause The Battle Is In My Handâ€.

:mrgreen:

Jericho, did I read your answer correctly?

If there was a law that prohibited Christians from marrying other Christians, your reaction would be along the lines of "oh, well, c'est la vie!"

So you'd be comfy "living in sin" or living a celibate, love-free life? :o

Also, I'm not sure why the distinction between "Muppets" and "Jim Henson Creature Shop" is so important, for purposes of this discussion. But, since you seemed to think it was, I did go looking for images of the actual toys, and found none, so I still have no idea if they were unique, new characters, or traditional Muppet characters.

I'm willing to concede that the brand names have now divided, and that the toys may not have been "Muppets," but that doesn't change a thing about the fact that Henson-people-designing-toys broke the connection in protest of Chick-fil-a's bigotry, and that the "recall" might have been a sour-grapes reaction, or a way to try to make it look like it was their idea to begin with.

So, in your opinion Jericho:

Was America closer to the Bible than now when Native Americans were being killed?

Was America closer to the Bible than now when slavery was legal?

Was America closer to the Bible than now when women had no rights?

Was America closer to the Bible than now when children worked in factories?

Was America closer to the Bible than now when racial segregation was the norm?

Was America closer to the Bible than now when AA were being lynched and the government turned a blind eye to it?

You can just answer yes or no to those questions. I know you said you were done, but it just makes you look like a liar and a coward. You either don't want to admit that you think gay marriage is worse than lynching and slavery or you don't want to admit you are wrong.

I'm sure there are many homophobic business owners I don't know about. There are also many anti-homophobia business owners I don't know about. These are facts, but they don't mean anything for your argument.

If it would be so easy for all the homophobic business owners to unite and make the LGBT rights movement explode, then why don't they do it? And can you prove that this "gay agenda" exists? You know, with credible sources?

Jericho, did I read your answer correctly?

If there was a law that prohibited Christians from marrying other Christians, your reaction would be along the lines of "oh, well, c'est la vie!"

So you'd be comfy "living in sin" or living a celibate, love-free life? :o

Also, I'm not sure why the distinction between "Muppets" and "Jim Henson Creature Shop" is so important, for purposes of this discussion. But, since you seemed to think it was, I did go looking for images of the actual toys, and found none, so I still have no idea if they were unique, new characters, or traditional Muppet characters.

I'm willing to concede that the brand names have now divided, and that the toys may not have been "Muppets," but that doesn't change a thing about the fact that Henson-people-designing-toys broke the connection in protest of Chick-fil-a's bigotry, and that the "recall" might have been a sour-grapes reaction, or a way to try to make it look like it was their idea to begin with.

The reason the distinction was important earlier was because I was trying to get someone to tell me what reasoning Chick Fil-A had in recalling the product if wasn't a safety issue. Some people were thinking it was Muppet toys and assuming Chick Fil-A didn't want to hand out Muppet toys because of the bad association. So I was trying to convey that they were not Muppet toys but just some new characters only available at Chick Fil-A and there was no reason they would be ashamed of those.

What does it say about Christians that they would pick lynching and slavery over gay people getting married?

Edited: Not all Christians just Jericho brand Christians.

If that is even true, so what? This country is not supposed to be a theocracy. We have separation of church and state written into our Constitution. It's really immaterial if people live their lives according to your book of myths called the bible because being American is supposed to mean freedom of beliefs.

The reason the distinction was important earlier was because I was trying to get someone to tell me what reasoning Chick Fil-A had in recalling the product if wasn't a safety issue. Some people were thinking it was Muppet toys and assuming Chick Fil-A didn't want to hand out Muppet toys because of the bad association. So I was trying to convey that they were not Muppet toys but just some new characters only available at Chick Fil-A and there was no reason they would be ashamed of those.

If it was a safety issue, they would be required by law to collect all of the toys that had already been distributed and replace them with another toy.

I'm done with this line of questioning.

Of course you are. I am surprised you have not flounced yet, the way you always do when you are proven wrong.

I am glad we are not a Biblical nation, since that would mean stoning teen mothers, dashing baby's heads against the rocks, allowing men to have 100s of wives they did not support, forcing daughters to marry their rapists, outlawing pork, etc.

You just want to enforce the small subset of Biblical law that you find significant. And guess what? We aren't going for it.

If you called all these places up and more, and asked them if they provide equal benefits to committed same sex couples, then you are not the norm. Who has time to do that? "I gotta hurry and grab some lunch. Oh crap, I don't have time to check and see if they provide equal benefits to committed same sex couples."

Why would I need to call businesses up that are in my community? I know the owners, I know the employees? I read the newspaper, I see what groups they support. And if that is too hard for you, I look for the rainbow sticker on the merchants windows if they are newbies in town. You really have no grasp of how a diverse community can function to support equal rights for it's citizens. As to larger business outside of my area, I do have the internet and a wealth of primary documentation available for me to use in my decision making. I know you don't get it, it's easy for you to believe it's not possible than to accept the reality of what community means as a secular issue. You are someone who would choose lynching and segregation over equal rights for all Americans, it's easy to see why you prefer to mock my actions.

I can see wanting to live in a place that supports your religious beliefs, but, really, to think that a society that supports slavery but gay people are shunned is better than a society that doesn't support slavery but accepts gay people, I do not get that.

Since Jericho won't say we only assume from his answers that he thinks gay marriage is worse than all those things.

He went nite-nite. I'm sure he's quite upset. It's going to take some serious whacking off to pics of Goth girls to get the poor lil guy to sleep tonight!

I'm sure there are many homophobic business owners I don't know about. There are also many anti-homophobia business owners I don't know about. These are facts, but they don't mean anything for your argument.

If it would be so easy for all the homophobic business owners to unite and make the LGBT rights movement explode, then why don't they do it? And can you prove that this "gay agenda" exists? You know, with credible sources?

You need proof that gay activists are completely intolerant of anything said negative about homosexuality? Just open your eyes. Look at what happens anytime someone says something publicly agaist homosexuality. They are blackballed. Examples

Boy Scouts, Kirk Cameron, FLORIDA LT. GOVERNOR JENNIFER CARROLL, Adam Carolla, Saturday Night Live (offensive sketch), Ron Howard (The Dilemma), Jim Quinn, Bill O'Reilly, Focus on the Family, South Park, Nigel Lythgoe, Glenn Beck, Trevor Carey, and many many more.

You need proof that gay activists are completely intolerant of anything said negative about homosexuality? Just open your eyes. Look at what happens anytime someone says something publicly agaist homosexuality. They are blackballed. Examples

Boy Scouts, Kirk Cameron, FLORIDA LT. GOVERNOR JENNIFER CARROLL, Adam Carolla, Saturday Night Live (offensive sketch), Ron Howard (The Dilemma), Jim Quinn, Bill O'Reilly, Focus on the Family, South Park, Nigel Lythgoe, Glenn Beck, Trevor Carey, and many many more.

Why should they be tolerant of bigotry towards them? Everyone you just mentioned are fucking tools and if the "gay activists" really have the power you seem to think they have, then good on them for fucking up the careers of these narrow-minded bigots.

*snip*

Incidentally, I will be attending my friend's gay wedding later this year. It will be biblical as fuck, thank you very much.

Sorry to derail, but this was the funniest thing I read all night. Shamefully, I watch Four Weddings and Four Weddings Canada and the brides on there always have stupid themes for their weddings like Alice in Wonderland, Under the Stars, Backyard Bash, etc. When I read that a wedding with the theme Biblical as Fuck popped into my head. My head is a happy place right now...

Why would I need to call businesses up that are in my community? I know the owners, I know the employees? I read the newspaper, I see what groups they support. And if that is too hard for you, I look for the rainbow sticker on the merchants windows if they are newbies in town. You really have no grasp of how a diverse community can function to support equal rights for it's citizens. As to larger business outside of my area, I do have the internet and a wealth of primary documentation available for me to use in my decision making. I know you don't get it, it's easy for you to believe it's not possible than to accept the reality of what community means as a secular issue. You are someone who would choose lynching and segregation over equal rights for all Americans, it's easy to see why you prefer to mock my actions.

*nods* I live in California, and although I remain thoroughly peeved about Prop 8 (which resulted in my state losing marriage equality), it is very easy to find out what organizations and businesses donated money to try to preserve marriage equality (so I can reward them with my business), along with what orgs and businesses donated money to undo marriage equality (so I can avoid patronizing them).

Why on earth would it be surprising that we'd rather buy a sandwich from people who aren't trying to pass legislation we find bigoted and disgusting?

What bad association? What shame?

I'm really confused now. No snark or sarcasm, I just don't get the connection.

The way the "recall" looks to me is that CFA was making a lame attempt to make it look like the discontinuation of the toys was their idea, and for a non-controversial reason.

Do you think people were accusing CFA of withdrawing the toys because Muppets=gay stuff somehow? And, if so, why would "Henson Creature Shop" stuff be less "gay?"

Oh, and I see you ignored my first question. Were you really saying that you would shrug off a law that prohibited Christians from marrying, without protest or attempt to change it?

And those organizations and people were just torn to shreds and never recovered from the backlash, right? Nope, they're still chugging along, and most of them are just as vocally homophobic as ever. When people say things that offend other people, there receive (often nasty) criticism. This is normal, and not proof of a conspiracy.

Again, I ask you for actual proof that 1) homophobic business owners are being silenced by the LGBT rights movement and 2) the LGBT rights movement has a disproportionate influence on the government and media. I'd like you to describe the mechanisms by which the LGBT rights movement controls the government and media, as per your complaints in a previous comment.

And again, why don't homophobic business owners unite and make the LGBT rights movement explode if they are so easily capable of it?

Archived