IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

Yes, we're going back a little in time, but it's the only picture I had of Chick-fil-A!

2012_04_14_KLS_0011_thumb.jpg

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I get scolded for staying here and scolded for taking off. Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't.

Yeah, NOW you're getting it! You got scolded for not answering questions fully or directly, but all that's done is proven more and more what an idiot you are. So feel free to leave, and don't let the screen door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Guest Anonymous
For a little perspective, the Supreme Court released its verdict in Loving vs. Virginia, which struck down laws against interracial marriage, in 1967. At that point, four fifths of Americans disapproved of interracial marriage. Public opinion changed when interracial marriage did not result in the sky falling. As I have said before, evidence can change the opinion of rational people.

On civil rights issues, the judicial and legislative branch have consistently (though not universally) pushed the electorate in the U.S., which is good. Because in 1967, what proportion of the 80% of Americans opposed to interracial marriage would have opposed it for a reason that was better founded than "It's icky," or "God doesn't like it! See Leviticus 19:19"? Those aren't reasons. They're prejudices.

I did pretty much say that already on page 16, not that any amount of factual information or logic will make a difference to jericho.

We also have a system of checks and balances to counteract the tyranny of the majority. When the Supreme Court judged anti-miscegenation laws to be unconstitutional in 1967, the majority of Americans were not in favor of interracial marriage. It didn't matter, because civil rights are to be upheld whether most people like them or not. Gay marriage has twice the support today that interracial marriage had in 1967. (Source: Gallup polls. http://www.pensitoreview.com/2010/02/19 ... in-1968-2/ )

Wow, I get scolded for staying here and scolded for taking off. Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't.

You get told off for being here at all because you're a troll. You also get told off because once you start trolling and get your ass handed to you, you tend to slink away without acknowledging that you got whipped. You don't learn, you don't grow, you don't change anyone's mind. The only thing you're doing here is trolling. I could go hang out with MRAs and freepers and tell them how wrong they are, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. You're not going to get anywhere peddling your bigotry here, either. So what do you get out of it?

I'm with experiencedd, I think it's attention from women that you're after. Of course we loathe you, but that's better than no attention at all to certain types of people. (Really fucking pathetic people, to be specific.)

I don't accept homosexuality as moral and not a sin because God said so in His word. My opinion is my opinion (which I believe is the Truth) and thanks to our founding fathers, I have the freedom to express that opinion. I believe God's plans are what is best for mankind and I would like it as law.

So why did god not say it? he seems to have used a mouthpeice. I hope you have never eaten shellfish.

So what are gods plans anyway? I mean if you support them you must know what they are. the bible has no plans in it.

We also have a system of checks and balances to counteract the tyranny of the majority. When the Supreme Court judged anti-miscegenation laws to be unconstitutional in 1967, the majority of Americans were not in favor of interracial marriage. It didn't matter, because civil rights are to be upheld whether most people like them or not. Gay marriage has twice the support today that interracial marriage had in 1967. (Source: Gallup polls. http://www.pensitoreview.com/2010/02/19 ... in-1968-2/ )

Quoted because that is fucking well said.

I did pretty much say that already on page 16, not that any amount of factual information or logic will make a difference to jericho.

You get told off for being here at all because you're a troll. You also get told off because once you start trolling and get your ass handed to you, you tend to slink away without acknowledging that you got whipped. You don't learn, you don't grow, you don't change anyone's mind. The only thing you're doing here is trolling. I could go hang out with MRAs and freepers and tell them how wrong they are, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. You're not going to get anywhere peddling your bigotry here, either. So what do you get out of it?

I'm with experiencedd, I think it's attention from women that you're after. Of course we loathe you, but that's better than no attention at all to certain types of people. (Really fucking pathetic people, to be specific.)

Wow, that's quite the accusation. For the record, I'm a happily married with one child. I don't go on forums to find women. I think you are correct. This is turning into trolling. I've said pretty much everything I can say and so its probably best to leave. Thanks for the memories!

My apologies for being redundant. :oops:

I don't accept homosexuality as moral and not a sin because God said so in His word. My opinion is my opinion (which I believe is the Truth) and thanks to our founding fathers, I have the freedom to express that opinion. I believe God's plans are what is best for mankind and I would like it as law.

Well Moral is a matter of opinion.

So if god hates homosexuality so much why did he create over 1500 species of animals that practice homosexuality including a bisexual squid and lesbian apes??

If you are going to be here, can you answer if the country was more biblical when slavery was legal than it is now?

Unless you have already answered that, I still can't find the post, if you have just tell me what page.

Should I come back? Make up your mind!

When have I expressed an opinion either way? I'm just calling it what it is: a flounce.

Should I come back? Make up your mind!

Why? Do you have no personal agency? Is our saying flounce somehow forcing you to return? Can't you make that decision on your own?

I know, you're just a helpless man caught in the clutches of evil heathen feminists! :roll:

I didn't say the United States government has to force Christianity. This is an issue that people even other than Christians don't support. I was asked MY personal reasoning and I gave it. It doesn't have to be the reasoning of the government.

Do you have a non-religion argument? This country has a constitution. In the Constitution, there is a bill of rights, including the first amendment. The First Amendment prevents Congress from creating a state religion. This same amendment gives you right to say whatever crap you want, free of government persecution.

By trying to legislate your moral code, which is based on a religion, you are trying to force those of us who do not believe in your God to abide by your faith, thus instituting a state religion.

Tell me this: Why do you care what two consenting adults do with their sex life? They aren't forcing you to have sex with them. No one is saying you have to marry someone of the same sex. How does it affect your life in anyway?

ETA: that's what I get for not hitting submit before lunch.

Do you have a non-religion argument? This country has a constitution. In the Constitution, there is a bill of rights, including the first amendment. The First Amendment prevents Congress from creating a state religion. This same amendment gives you right to say whatever crap you want, free of government persecution.

By trying to legislate your moral code, which is based on a religion, you are trying to force those of us who do not believe in your God to abide by your faith, thus instituting a state religion.

My moral code (The Bible) also says don't murder or steal. Should we throw those laws out because they are "biblical"?

nonreligious adjective

lacking religious emotions, principles, or practices

Synonyms godless, nonreligious, religionless

Related Words churchless, unchurched; heathen, pagan, paganish, ungodly, unholy; blasphemous, impious, irreverent, profanatory, sacrilegious; agnostic, atheistic (or atheistical); unconsecrated, unhallowed; profane, secular, temporal, worldly

Near Antonyms devout, God-fearing, godly, holy, pious, prayerful, reverent, sainted, saintly, worshipful, worshipping (also worshiping); sanctimonious; blessed (also blest), consecrated, hallowed, sacred, sacrosanct, sanctified; devotional, spiritual

Antonyms religious

not involving religion or religious matters

Synonyms nonreligious, secular, temporal

Related Words atheistic, godless, irreligious, pagan, paganish, religionless; laical (or laic), lay, nonclerical; nondenominational, nonsectarian; earthly, mundane, terrene, terrestrial, worldly; material, physical, substantial; bodily, carnal, corporal, fleshly; blasphemous, impious, irreverent, sacrilegious; unconsecrated, unhallowed

Near Antonyms divine, spiritual; consecrated, hallowed, holy, sacrosanct, sanctified; churchly, devout, godly, pious, prayerful, reverent, worshipful; ethereal, insubstantial, metaphysical, unsubstantial; bodiless, immaterial, incorporeal, nonphysical

Antonyms religious, sacred

My moral code (The Bible) also says don't murder or steal. Should we throw those laws out because they are "biblical"?

So when the country was murdering the natives and stealing their land, was it more biblical than it is now. Since you feel it has gotten less biblical than it used to be.

nonreligious adjective

lacking religious emotions, principles, or practices

Synonyms godless, nonreligious, religionless

Related Words churchless, unchurched; heathen, pagan, paganish, ungodly, unholy; blasphemous, impious, irreverent, profanatory, sacrilegious; agnostic, atheistic (or atheistical); unconsecrated, unhallowed; profane, secular, temporal, worldly

Near Antonyms devout, God-fearing, godly, holy, pious, prayerful, reverent, sainted, saintly, worshipful, worshipping (also worshiping); sanctimonious; blessed (also blest), consecrated, hallowed, sacred, sacrosanct, sanctified; devotional, spiritual

Antonyms religious

not involving religion or religious matters

Synonyms nonreligious, secular, temporal

Related Words atheistic, godless, irreligious, pagan, paganish, religionless; laical (or laic), lay, nonclerical; nondenominational, nonsectarian; earthly, mundane, terrene, terrestrial, worldly; material, physical, substantial; bodily, carnal, corporal, fleshly; blasphemous, impious, irreverent, sacrilegious; unconsecrated, unhallowed

Near Antonyms divine, spiritual; consecrated, hallowed, holy, sacrosanct, sanctified; churchly, devout, godly, pious, prayerful, reverent, worshipful; ethereal, insubstantial, metaphysical, unsubstantial; bodiless, immaterial, incorporeal, nonphysical

Antonyms religious, sacred

Thanks Webster.

So when the country was murdering the natives and stealing their land, was it more biblical than it is now. Since you feel it has gotten less biblical than it used to be.

There has never been a perfect time in history.

Guest Anonymous
Wow, that's quite the accusation. For the record, I'm a happily married with one child. I don't go on forums to find women. I think you are correct. This is turning into trolling. I've said pretty much everything I can say and so its probably best to leave. Thanks for the memories!

It's been trolling since you slithered in here. I didn't say that you were attempting to "find" women, I said that you were whoring for attention from us.

Please do feel free to fuck off though, since you've admitted that you're trolling and there is absolutely nothing productive coming out of you continuing to spew your invective here.

There has never been a perfect time in history.

I didn't ask if it was perfect. I asked if you felt the country was more biblical at that time. You said the country is less biblical than it used to be, so at that time, was it more biblical than now?

I admire the Hives' patience with this pup, but he seems to be challenged when it comes to actually reading and comprehending the points made by FJ posters. This isn't a unique technique, FormerGothardite typically points it out to the fundies who come here seeking our attention.

I'm going to let everyone resume their regular programing while I have another G&T. Who would like to join me in a refreshing libation ?

gin-and-tonic-original-290x290.jpg

Archived