IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

That house supposedly has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths.  They could easily pack in 6 kids with bunkbeds in 3 rooms.  The bathrooms must be truly dreadful because there are no photos of them.

12 kids if you're a Shupe.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Looks like the other brother's house. I grew up in the 60s and this was a very popular floor plan. No one thought anything of having 8 or 9 kids in a house like this then.

Yes, but did those families homeschool? Did they spend the vast majority of their time all home together? Did the children all live in said house until they were in their 20s and married? Were those 8-9 children allowed to do outside activities (like sports) that would keep them out of the house for a few hours each week? We're the adult daughters allowed to get jobs when they turned 18?

See my point? These giant families use these homes much differently. And therefore would need more room to live comfortably. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, but did those families homeschool? Did they spend the vast majority of their time all home together? Did the children all live in said house until they were in their 20s and married? Were those 8-9 children allowed to do outside activities (like sports) that would keep them out of the house for a few hours each week? We're the adult daughters allowed to get jobs when they turned 18?

See my point? These giant families use these homes much differently. And therefore would need more room to live comfortably. 

I think they'll be fine for a long time in that kind of  house.  At least thru the firs t6 kids. If the house is like I believe it to be, if there's one bathroom it may be  possible to divide it and have end one be the master bath and the other the main bath. I've seen that done in that type house. I will say that 1 bath is tough, but it was the norm when I was growing up and even really big families of 10 or 12 managed bathe and use the toilet.  The laundry room is another possibility for conversion into a half bath and laundry.

They could divide the garage and make a school room. Remember, they don't use the bedrooms except to sleep. Toys and books are kept to a bare minimum, too.  Everyone stays in the same area of the house for "protection." They are not people who do "alone time."  It's not much worse than the home the Duggar's moved out of in one of their first specials.

8 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

It's not much worse than the home the Duggar's moved out of in one of their first specials.

And I thought the Duggar home was insane. That small home with 16 people is nuts. I grew up with one bathroom until I was 11. And I pooped/peed my pants. I also think the tiny Duggar home made it easier for the molestations to occur.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

....... has John or Jesse started a fire safety business???? Been allowed to become volunteer firemen???

Volunteer firemen?  But, what about the possibility of having to carry a woman to safety?  A woman to whom they are not related? :pb_surprised:

And you know in these crazy, mixed up times women are also allowed to volunteer, so what would happen if they, gulp, got paired with a woman??!!??  Double :pb_surprised::pb_surprised:

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Volunteer firemen?  But, what about the possibility of having to carry a woman to safety?  A woman to whom they are not related? :pb_surprised:

And you know in these crazy, mixed up times women are also allowed to volunteer, so what would happen if they, gulp, got paired with a woman??!!??  Double :pb_surprised::pb_surprised:

If Prissy Chris couldn't be an EMT no way in hell could Stud John and Forgotten Jesse be firemen.

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I don't think John will marry for a few months.  That house needs quite a lot of work done on it.

When Joseph bought his house it needed tons of work. He apparently just Skyped Elizabeth for her input. We all know how that turned out, but the point is, I don't think the need for lots of work is a factor in picking wedding dates.  Plus, if he's had it since July, they've had 6 weeks, minus one in Colorado, to start working on it. Since he has a live in crew with no other lives, I imagine they've already put quite a dent in what needs to be done. On the surface at least. 

22 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

When Joseph bought his house it needed tons of work. He apparently just Skyped Elizabeth for her input. We all know how that turned out, but the point is, I don't think the need for lots of work is a factor in picking wedding dates.  Plus, if he's had it since July, they've had 6 weeks, minus one in Colorado, to start working on it. Since he has a live in crew with no other lives, I imagine they've already put quite a dent in what needs to be done. On the surface at least. 

It took Joseph a long time though.  Over 2 years to get the structural stuff done, so let us not hold our collective breaths over John's wedding plans.  Joe's house had major water and drainage problems too.  That house was a mess.  The cosmetic stuff came later.

https://blog.titus2.com/tag/josephs-house/

And shoot, for those who think John's new purchase is too far from the Borg  Maxwell Collective.  It is just down the road from Joe's renovated house. 0.7 miles from the Fathership.  

And Steve is the master of misdirection.  John's house is probably debt-free because he had access to $$ from the Maxwell Trust.

That said, I totted up the numbers from John's real estate transactions at one point.  I can't remember if I posted them here.  Even at 3% commission (because he was better at being a buyer's agent) he cleared over well over $200,000 in his time in real estate.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

It took Joseph a long time though.  Over 2 years to get the structural stuff done, so let us not hold our collective breaths over John's wedding plans.  Joe's house had major water and drainage problems too.  That house was a mess.  The cosmetic stuff came later.

But - - - he didn't initially plan to live at the fathership while renovating. He planned to be living in it with Elizabeth two years before it was done and he moved in with the second love of his life. Had Elizabeth not come to her senses, she and Joseph would have lived in the house while renovating. 

So, while a lot of work may be a factor, I think the only requirement is it can be lived in with the wife while they renovate and make babies at the same time. 

I also think it depends on the type of fundie girl he's possibly courting. If it is a Bontrager, I think she would be willing to roll up her sleeves and work on the house with him. But I have serious doubts about it being a Bontrager. I just figure we would have seen more of John in the background of some of the pictures on the Bontrager page. I know the bontragers and Maxwells both don't announce courtships. But the Bowers girls were in plenty of group pictures on the Bontrager blog long before the engagements. You would think John would be seen at least a bit in he background. But it would be very easy to hide John's courtship if he was courting a fundie girl with a family that has no online presence beyond private Instagram and fb pages.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also think the tiny Duggar home made it easier for the molestations to occur.

Agreed.  Completely.  That was a 3 bedroom house with 16 in it, IIRC.  Overcrowded.  And some Fundies literally "stack their children like cord wood."

There are limits, but private space is a luxury that not everyone can afford.  Shared bedrooms and living spaces are the norm for most of the planet.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

There are limits, but private space is a luxury that not everyone can afford.  Shared bedrooms and living spaces are the norm for most of the planet.

My issue is that most of the planet is allowed to leave the house alone if they want some private time (well I mean if they are old enough). Fundies aren't even allowed to leave the house by themselves so I would hope they could find some private time in a large yard or at least a larger home. It's all just sad. 

On 9/13/2017 at 8:31 PM, Palimpsest said:

They FART!  Consuming multiple bean burritos = farts.  Invariably.

MULTIPLE bean burritos? As in, more than 1 per person? I find it hard to imagine!

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Palimpsest said:

They FART!  Consuming multiple bean burritos = farts.  Invariably.

But farting is undoubtedly sinful and ungodly.

So, the Maxwells must be practically jet propelled into the prayer closet!:laughing-rollingred:

I'd say that on a clear night we can see the Maxwells tooting into the stratosphere.

The Bontragers don't always seem crazy fundie, but Allison had this horrible blog post in April about nurturing your brother's manhood:

https://www.fromallison.com/nurturing-brothers-manhood/

(It's saying the link couldn't be embedded. Sorry.)

Basically, one of her brothers was driving her somewhere, and he accelerated way too fast as he was getting onto the highway. But she realized it was not her place to tell him how to drive, b/c, "If I would have told him what he was doing wrong, I would have been crushing his manhood and stepping into the position of teacher and leader." But she then says, "What I am not saying is that we can never give our brothers advice or tell them the truth (in love) about something they are doing wrong." Kinda contradicts her earlier example. The driving situation would've been one of those valid times to give her brother some advice. Apparently her brother damaging the engine or losing control was not as bad as a woman asserting authority. I guess it would've been best for another male to be in the car, so the brother could've learned of his mistake without *shudder* being taught by a woman. If men are such strong, natural leaders, why is it so easy for women to tear them down? Wouldn't men just be able to brush off criticism from women? The patriarchy seems pretty fragile and fundie men seem pretty weak.

In case you were looking for that perfect chocolate syrup recipe for your coffee/mocha, Sarah provides.

In that link to the house, there is a section near the bottom called Public Facts.  It states that the Finished Sq Ft is 1080 and the Unfinished Sq Ft is 1008, and the Total Sq Ft is 2088.  Does that mean that the basement is 1008 sq ft, so that if it becomes finished, it will almost double the livable space?  What else is considered unfinished sq footage? I live in an area where basements are uncommon, so I'm not sure how that works.

51 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

In that link to the house, there is a section near the bottom called Public Facts.  It states that the Finished Sq Ft is 1080 and the Unfinished Sq Ft is 1008, and the Total Sq Ft is 2088.  Does that mean that the basement is 1008 sq ft, so that if it becomes finished, it will almost double the livable space?  What else is considered unfinished sq footage? I live in an area where basements are uncommon, so I'm not sure how that works.

That confuses me since I don't know if they are including the basement garage space. I would guess the garage space is included in the 1000 feet of unfinished space and I don't quite agree with that. We had a basement garage growing up and I would never consider a large portion living space since it was always taken up by a car. But I guess John could finish it with a growing family and just park outside.

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

It states that the Finished Sq Ft is 1080 and the Unfinished Sq Ft is 1008, and the Total Sq Ft is 2088.  

I think the Unfinished Sq. Ft. must include the garage and possibly some attic space.  No basement.

Split level entries have weird floor plans, and apparently I'm not the only person here to dislike them.

They are two floor houses, but the lower level is half underground.  In that house it looks as though the family room (with the fireplace and evidence of water damage), laundry room, and one or two bedrooms are on the lower level with the garage.  On the upper level there is the kitchen, dining and living rooms, the master bedroom, and possibly one other bedroom.

I'm definitely not a fan of most split levels because I hate the ones with a stair case right when you walk in. You either go up or down right when you walk in. I HATE that. But I have a friend with a split level that doesn't force you to go up or down stairs immediately when you walk in. You just walk into the living room.  So hers is much more tolerable. 

As a dog walker I have gone into so many oddly layed out houses. At a condo community I dog walk in their is a layout where the master bedroom is right next to the front door. I don't like that because sometimes I have to go into the room to get the dogs and I feel weird going into someone's person room space. 

The square footage is because the below ground level doesn't "count" as official.  So it's officially a 3 bedroom house except there is a fourth bedroom plus a family room in the official basement so it's listed as unfinished even though it really is finished.

New post up.  Poor Sarah's chocolate syrup recipe for her mochas.  Why not use Hershey's syrup.  I think mochas and coffee are an idol in Maxhwll, but Pepsi banned.

6 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Poor Sarah's chocolate syrup recipe for her mochas.  Why not use Hershey's syrup.  I think mochas and coffee are an idol in Maxhwll, but Pepsi banned.

Pretty darned close to auditioning for wife-hood I'd say! Better'd watch it Sarah. Should have had Darth-Daddy's approval on that recipe. Pass the Pepsi...

10 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Pretty darned close to auditioning for wife-hood I'd say! Better'd watch it Sarah. Should have had Darth-Daddy's approval on that recipe. Pass the Pepsi...

Except her instructions leave out two of her ingredients :doh:

I have no doubt she makes it properly, but the clarity of her communication is lacking.  Too bad her family doesn't prioritize those things.        /irony

And watch the recipe change in 3... 2... 1...    Hi Stevie! :greetings-waveyellow:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived