IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

Happy 23rd Birthday, Jesse!  Twenty-three years in Maxhell, where has the time gone?  Per Sarah he "has an incredible heart for Jesus, is extremely creative, takes his work seriously and diligently, and loves to minister and share the gospel."  And that's all she wrote.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always look forward to Jesse's birthday message. 

We share today, and its depressing tone always makes my birthday seem so much happier (fyi I hate my birthday).

2 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

Happy 23rd Birthday, Jesse!  Twenty-three years in Maxhell, where has the time gone?  Per Sarah he "has an incredible heart for Jesus, is extremely creative, takes his work seriously and diligently, and loves to minister and share the gospel."  And that's all she wrote.

But how does he like his coffee?

6 hours ago, Corntree said:

Yes, I thought the same thing. :) Also, the Wikipedia article on topical progesterone says this:

So antidepressants are bad, untested semi-woo is a-ok.

You know it also just occurred to me:  I imagine part of the reason that Dr. Steve Brule -- er, Maxwell -- forbade the use of psychotropics was because it would get into the placenta and/or the mother's milk. As if the vitamins and topical creams don't?! Goons.  Stupid goons! 

47 minutes ago, jiggleromp said:

I always look forward to Jesse's birthday message. 

We share today, and its depressing tone always makes my birthday seem so much happier (fyi I hate my birthday).

Sorry to hear that!  Happy .... day!!!!??? <3

Here's my birthday post for Forgotten Jesse:  You may have a love and heart for Jesus but you are an arrogant, smug, and condescending asshole who wants to take away women's reproductive rights and you only care about babies when they are in utero.  The only friends you have are your immediate family and they are just as bad as you with the possible exception of Stud John.  Happy Birthday and go fuck yourself.

Sarah didn't mention Jesse's heart for the unborn? :tw_dizzy:

Seriously, birthday posts from fundies tend to be terrible. The Maxwells only have eight kids, and three have married and moved out. Surely they can say a bit more about each other? You could substitute John or Mary or Joseph or any of the siblings in that description.

11 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

Really, what the hell else is there to day--how he takes his coffee??    None of the Maxwells appear to have any supercreativity or skill sets, except looking down their noses.

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

But how does he like his coffee?

And what did he request for his special birthday breakfast, lunch, dinner?  What about his favorite cake?  What about what he enjoys doing in his spare time besides hiking 14ers with the immediate family, and on occasion even the extended family?

I remember long ago that Jesse wanted to be a missionary.  What happened to that dream?

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Here's my birthday post for Forgotten Jesse:  You may have a love and heart for Jesus but you are an arrogant, smug, and condescending asshole who wants to take away women's reproductive rights and you only care about babies when they are in utero.  The only friends you have are your immediate family and they are just as bad as you with the possible exception of Stud John.  Happy Birthday and go fuck yourself.

The entire family is a smug, pretentious, cold hearted group happily looking their, holier than thou, noses down at the rest of us. Steven Anderson is definitely a big ass, but at least he doesn't shelter his children from the world and he's out, in the world, doing his "soul winning" business, not hiding in an assisted living home.  He and  Zsu go various fun places with their children, including the Renaissance Fair. Imagine Steve ever allowing his children to attend a Renaissance Fair.  I hope the Anderson children have seen, and witnessed enough of the world that they can see escape as an option, but the Maxwell children wouldn't even know how to breath without Steve guiding each and every breath, as Teri posts breathing time on the schedule.  

7 hours ago, Foudeb said:

She's added something about hoping he'll be particularly blessed this year - he's definitely getting married. 

I don't think it necessarily means that. She said "let's hope this next year is one of great blessing!" which seems like it could be slightly different phrasing of the common "we can't wait to see what God has in store for you!" She included a message to that effect last year. 

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

"we can't wait to see what God has in store for you!" She included a message to that effect last year. 

I think we all know what God has in store for the Maxwells. Family time, Bible time, exercise, coffee, and projects they work on together while smiling and stopping to take blog photos. 

On 9/18/2017 at 11:28 AM, MamaJunebug said:

You know it also just occurred to me:  I imagine part of the reason that Dr. Steve Brule -- er, Maxwell -- forbade the use of psychotropics was because it would get into the placenta and/or the mother's milk. As if the vitamins and topical creams don't?!

No. Depression is "all in your head, hahahah" It's a lack of faith and trust in God. It's a huge problem even in much more "normal" churches. Those "do-nothing" counseling visits that waste hard earned money. Just give your cares up to God.

Some fundie woman said on her blog that she used to have depression, then one day a man from her church or something took her aside and told her she was just being selfish, thinking about herself all the time. She realized the truth of his words and so she stopped being "selfish" and her depression went away like magic. I have battled depression for almost 20 years and those messages are so damaging to me.

1 hour ago, Corntree said:

Some fundie woman said on her blog that she used to have depression, then one day a man from her church or something took her aside and told her she was just being selfish, thinking about herself all the time. She realized the truth of his words and so she stopped being "selfish" and her depression went away like magic. I have battled depression for almost 20 years and those messages are so damaging to me.

Very common attitude. Sad. I notice this is normally said to women. Men might get sympathy if they are the sole breadwinner.

On 9/16/2017 at 0:46 PM, anjulibai said:

When fundies think of the future, I don't think they really think about their children growing up. They just think about their children as small. That's why so many don't really prepare their teenagers for careers. 

This x100. That was my entire upbringing.

7 hours ago, Corntree said:

Most likely he made her just stop ever desiring anything for herself in life and she just gave in to doing only what her husband wanted in life. 

8 hours ago, Corntree said:

Ohhhhh, this burns me up. I've had depression all my life, and it's never stopped me from doing the things I had to do for other people. It DOES, however, stop me from doing the things I need to do for myself.

The fire safety plan, part 2, is up.  I know I was waiting with bated breath for it.  So God had a "rescue plan".  He saved the guinea pigs but not the bearded dragon or the hermit crab.  God plays favorites.  God is a bit of a jerk. 

I'm pretty sure "disillusioned" isn't the right word to describe the four-year-old, but it's fun to imagine, like "huh, getting rescued from a burning building isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'mma go back to bed."

2 minutes ago, Snarf Snarfblort said:

I'm pretty sure "disillusioned" isn't the right word to describe the four-year-old, but it's fun to imagine, like "huh, getting rescued from a burning building isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'mma go back to bed."

I think he might have meant "disoriented" four-year-old? I was confused by the "disillusioned" part as well. 

57 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I think he might have meant "disoriented" four-year-old? I was confused by the "disillusioned" part as well. 

Actually, I think this is one of the best posts on the blog. Many, many people don't want to think of things like this happening. I can ignore the rest.

I just figured there was a business tie-in somewhere. "Managers of your family's Safety Plan" or something.....

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

Its now been changed to disoriented.  Hi Coward Steve!

I was just about to comment on that.  Steve works fast.

Fire plans are very important.  So are smoke alarms.  So is having your chimney checked frequently if you have a wood stove.  Don't depend on the Holy Spirit to do all of those things for you.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived