IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Sarah has posted examples of letters sent to her by Moody readers. Whether it's pre-vetted by Steve I don't know....(snipped) 

No, Steve wrote the letters. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, divadivine said:

No, Steve wrote the letters. 

I wouldn´t be surprised if that were true. The fan letters seem really stilted. Steve may be the biggest tool, but he isn´t the sharpest.

I am beginning to suspect that one of the reasons the blog posts are so uninteresting is that Sarah doesn't really want to write them anymore. The blog and the Moody books were something that she was working on over the years to kill time until she got married. I know we have discussed Sarah's lack of prospects many times but I am also sure that Sarah is well aware of her lack of prospects. I'm sure she still hopes to get married but part of her has got to realize that the hopes are fading as the years are passing. 

Writer is Sarah's assigned role like cook is Anna's and artist is Mary's. (Or maybe it is the other way around I must admit I have great difficulty figuring out which is which.) 

Like Sarah I am fairly certain that I am never going to have kids and I probably won't get married either. Unlike Sarah that has never been my entire goal in life and I have mostly made my peace with that. Poor Sarah. I think this might be why I have a soft spot for her. She reminds me how lucky I am that my father isn't Steve Maxwell. 

10 minutes ago, Snarfblatt said:

I am beginning to suspect that one of the reasons the blog posts are so uninteresting is that Sarah doesn't really want  know how to write well them anymore

Fixed that for you. 

I think Sarah is bored to tears with the blog.  Younger siblings were supposed to take it over but that did not happen.  Probably because even Steve knows that Anna and Mary are writing challenged.

Sarah is the best writer they have.  How sad is that.

14 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think Sarah is bored to tears with the blog.  Younger siblings were supposed to take it over but that did not happen.  Probably because even Steve knows that Anna and Mary are writing challenged.

Sarah is the best writer they have.  How sad is that.

It was because they were anticipating that Sarah would be married off by now. Or that was their hope and prayer, anyway. Hasn't worked. 

Steve, you are a terrible human being.

Have you thought about what it would be like if the sun did not rise?

That's really fucking deep, Sarah. Well, the sun doesn't actually rise, but if the earth stopped revolving part of it would be plunged into constant darkness and another part would have constant daylight and that would really screw everything up, so thanks for making me think about that. Though I'm not sure how the earth's revolution is one of God's tender mercies. It's so silly to me that we should act like God is so merciful by not destroying life on earth. That's an abusive relationship right there.

Fundies thinking the Bible is the inspired word of God can be so annoying b/c every dinky verse has the utmost importance to them and should be pondered and expounded upon. I've always found the Maxwells amusing b/c they try to find a Bible verse that ties in with each post they make (b/c of course the Bible applies to every single area of your life), but some of those verses are a real stretch.

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Sarah is ungrateful again.  I would be too living in Maxhell.

Is this not a repeat posting of a couple of years ago.?

I always get Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar mixed up. I am such a heathen 

We used to sing "Day By Day" and "Prepare Ye" in folk group at the Catholic Center at UGA in the 70s.

ETA:  Sometimes we sang "All Good Gifts" as well.  I'd forgotten that one.

Looks like the Maxwell’s attended the Bontrager’s Family Conference. There’s a picture of Mary, and I believe the back of Anna, wearing her trusted plaid shirt, on their blog. Does anyone know, was Steve speaking?

Good to see the girls interacting with other people their age. Maybe they’ll meet their future husband. 

7 hours ago, BearMom said:

Good to see the girls interacting with other people their age. Maybe they’ll meet their future husband. 

I doubt it, unless they're planning to marry a 10-year-old.

The answer is the Maxwell sisters! The Lord opened up doors to minister with a local church Sunday at an event doing those three items for them.

Can't be a Steve-approved church - I see shorts and bare shoulders on females!  The horror!

On 9/26/2017 at 1:26 AM, Corntree said:

b/c every dinky verse has the utmost importance to them and should be pondered and expounded upon.

Particularly when taken wildly out of context. And Gothard and Steve are both superb at that.

12 hours ago, BearMom said:

hahahahhah Not just "any" children though--children with parents with "discernment" and "wisdom" enough to pay to attend this conference!! Children who will now join the Cult of Character and have all the fun jerked from their world. Where Moms will learn to parent from Terri and Dads will learn to be GODLY LEADERS from Steve and all will eat burritos but Pepsi will never pass their lips. And the kids themselves will never pass the G.E.D.

Let's let Steve freak out over this! It was a hit in 1970--on the radio daily.

19 hours ago, courtlylove said:

Who would know?

THIS. THIS. THIS.

I bow to you Courtlylove. You've captured the essence of the Maxwell's bloggging.

14 hours ago, BearMom said:

Looks like the Maxwell’s attended the Bontrager’s Family Conference. There’s a picture of Mary, and I believe the back of Anna, wearing her trusted plaid shirt, on their blog. Does anyone know, was Steve speaking?

So the Bontragers, Bowers, Wissmans also attended. Did they have a male chaperone? Of course we will never get answers since the Maxwell blog never talks about interesting stuff like that. 

Here is a close up of the picture on the Bontrager blog. Mary standing, Sarah sitting in the plaid. And it kind of looks like Anna could be on the left but I don't know. 

IMG_4621.PNG

"We love working together as a team,"

Cause otherwise we'd be at hope stain-checking the outgrown clothing box. [This is, of course, a pointer to a new post by Terri].

Now, on that photo, is that an UN-related MALE sitting almost close to Mary (plaid shirt)??????? Only a CHAIR'S Width between them????

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived