IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Its now been changed to disoriented.  Hi Coward Steve!

Well I did comment and tell them...It won't be an approved comment I'm sure...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He *didn't* save the guinea pigs.

I covered my nose with my shirt to get the guinea pigs, but the smoke was much more powerful than I ever imagined. It was much different than a campfire. It was so toxic to my lungs that I could not tolerate even the smallest amount. The guinea pigs would be gone.

Having re-read, they managed to survive, but he couldn't save them.

I'm very glad Cody's family is safe, especially after looking at those pictures. 

While I don't doubt it was chaos, it's worrisome that the 4 year old was able to wander away from his mother and siblings (I think they were in the car by that time?) and go back in the house and apparently no one noticed.  Thankfully Cody was still in the house or it could have ended much worse.

Well, they may have changed disillusioned to disoriented, but they should take another look at that headline too. I think “unthinkable” may be the word they were looking for, not “implausible.”

On 9/20/2017 at 4:32 AM, Dark Matters said:

The fire safety plan, part 2, is up.  I know I was waiting with bated breath for it.  So God had a "rescue plan".  He saved the guinea pigs but not the bearded dragon or the hermit crab.  God plays favorites.  God is a bit of a jerk. 

God has a hierarchy of value for his creations. Thus mammals are worth saving but  herps and  crustaceans are not.

56 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

God has a hierarchy of value for his creations. Thus mammals are worth saving but  herps and  crustaceans are not.

When I first read this, I thought it meant "herpes and crustaceans(crabs.)  Or any other STDs that happened to be present...

3 hours ago, Granwych said:

When I first read this, I thought it meant "herpes and crustaceans(crabs.)  Or any other STDs that happened to be present...

You win the internet today!

I know I shouldn't be surprised but... do these girls EVER hang out with someone that's not a brother/sister/parent/SIL? 

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

just off to clean the slide.

LOL! Yes, they clean the slide but I was actually amazed at how messy Sarah's workspace is. Surely she MUST have some tidying up time scheduled at some point during her day/week!

They were all so grateful to be safe because God had a plan! The Holy Spirit made a noise in the attic to save them. God had a rescue plan. God placed him at the door to see the kid and the dog coming out. The Lord saved them! We owe God the glory!

I guess they forgot the part where God planned to set the house on fire.

6 hours ago, Alicepooh said:

I know I shouldn't be surprised but... do these girls EVER hang out with someone that's not a brother/sister/parent/SIL? 

LOL! Yes, they clean the slide but I was actually amazed at how messy Sarah's workspace is. Surely she MUST have some tidying up time scheduled at some point during her day/week!

Maybe this is Sarah's only form of rebellion?

So Forgotten Jesse gets a birthday party and gifts while Wonder Woman Melanie gets only an ice cream cone?  Must be nice to have a dick in Maxhell.  At least she  wasn't seat belted in sitting in the back of the Maxwellmobile.

The thing that gets me is all these posts about cleaning etc...yet they were processing apples on that cluttered work space.  They couldn't find the time to open the envelope mailers and put whatever was inside away?  There is also a random running shoe in the bottom corner.  Same for the the photo of the duplo trains, all that clutter in the back ground. 

Edited to say I do not normally judge how clean someone's home is, but if said person is constantly spouting out how to clean cupboards, fridges, fans, and slides they are going to get my snark.

The Maxwells are messy.  They have all these Godly cleaning routines but photographic evidence says that their pantry is a disaster area (by my not very exacting standards).  And the ceiling fan in my kitchen gets cleaned about every four weeks or when I am in the mood.  It doesn't get THAT dirty.

As for Sarah's desk - runs screaming!  I could not work in that mess.  But please don't look under the beds in my house.  Dust bunnies galore.

We all have our standards.  The big difference between me and the Maxwells - I don't pretend to be a Godly model of cleanliness or presume to teach people how to live their lives!

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

So Forgotten Jesse gets a birthday party and gifts while Wonder Woman Melanie gets only an ice cream cone?  Must be nice to have a dick in Maxhell.  At least she  wasn't seat belted in sitting in the back of the Maxwellmobile.

Maybe Melanie had a decent birthday thrown by her family.  

4 hours ago, jiggleromp said:

I do not normally judge how clean someone's home is, but if said person is constantly spouting out how to clean cupboards, fridges, fans, and slides they are going to get my snark.

I don't care about the clutter, but it's weird that it exists since they seem to have plenty of time to polish cabinets and stuff. I think their priorities are backwards. Though here's a really old article by Teri about getting the kids to put their stuff away, so they've obviously done more than just clean fans in their lives:

http://articles.titus2.com/the-retraining-parade/

I am actually impressed that they picked and processed apples. That's the kind of productive, useful homemaker stuff they hardly ever post about doing.

In that group photo where Anna's holding Benjamin, she reminds me of John. Never seen that before.

Is Tina seriously wearing a bib at 5??? The fuck?? It's definitely not a dress over the top, it's not there in later photos. 

On 9/21/2017 at 1:39 PM, Granwych said:

My bad. Back in the day when we had only Usenet for social networking there was a group devoted to the care and feeding of amphibians and reptiles, called rec.pets. herps. I've always thought of those classes of beasts as herps since then.

On 17/09/2017 at 3:46 AM, anjulibai said:

When fundies think of the future, I don't think they really think about their children growing up. They just think about their children as small. That's why so many don't really prepare their teenagers for careers. 

I think there's (at least) two kinds: the sort you mentioned, and also the sort that believes The World doesn't adequately prepare their children and goes to extremes to ensure their Precious Arrows are ready to Take Dominion etc...

Looking at the latest post from Sarah:

Life is full of sweet times. From ice cream with a sister-in-law, to picking apples and then processing them, to walks with the nieces and nephews, to ministry with family–we are abundantly blessed.

That's just terribly written in so many ways! *twitches*

I'm a minimalist and the clutter at the Maxwell home annoys me. I know I'm usually in the minority on that topic though. I also have to realize that they have eleventy people living there plus Sarah's dog.

I wonder how that works with all of those adults living together and one wants a pet. Do they take a vote? I personally don't like and don't want a pet. I have siblings who have dogs. Thankfully we don't have to live together.

Living at home with parents and siblings as an adult must be so awkward. I can't imagine being this age (early 30's) and never having picked out my own dishes for the kitchen or towels for the bathroom or get to decorate or not decorate the way I want to. I couldn't change the cranberry walls in the living room with the JESUS letters because it technically isn't my house. I know there are compromises when couples live together but it's different than the dynamic of living at your parent's house. 

5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder how that works with all of those adults living together and one wants a pet. Do they take a vote?

I believe it is called praying.

"Random Life", is the title of that blog post. Ironic, much? Considering how strongly they tout the benefits of scheduling?

I would not want to live in a ‘show home’ but like to be clean and generally clutter free and organised but I’m suprised about them.

Unless the clutter was actually set dressing for Sarah’s pictures? It implies that they lead such busy lives they dont have time to open the mail or tidy up gym equipment. It’s also two fingers to FJ as we often wonder what they do all day and comes hot on the heals of A day in the life of Sarah.

Of course it’s complete bollocks as I’m sure a 15min slot is included in the schedule for opening the mail.

fuck you Stevie

27 minutes ago, Jingerale said:

"Random Life", is the title of that blog post. Ironic, much? Considering how strongly they tout the benefits of scheduling?

I think it's poor communication (quelle surprise!) -- my guess is that it meant "A blog post about random aspects of our lives", not anything implying their lives contain any iota of actual randomness.

One blogger I read frequently titles posts "Randomly on a Thursday", that sort of thing.  I think that's the vibe Sarah was going for, but didn't know how to achieve it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived