IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

3 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I hate to burst her happy bubble, but nepotism does not a real job make.

I agree.  Working for Daddy isn't any different from Cynthia working for Chris Jeub or Sarah working for Steve Maxwell.  Although I've never had anyone cut me a check on my very first day at work.  

This is also Daddy Dearest's latest start-up.  It's unclear whether they have much business yet.  Clancy gave himself a fancy title in June - "Chief Brand Officer."  https://www.linkedin.com/in/clancyboyer/

And Frayt Technologies, Inc. only filed as a corporation in October:   https://www.bizapedia.com/oh/frayt-technologies-inc.html

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

No mention of insurance or other protections for the items being transported. Guess God must be the underwriter.

I wondered about that too.  This guy is listed as the "agent" of the corporation.  He seems to be an independent insurance agent.  https://completemarkets.com/LawrenceMcCord/

If Charlotte is the first female employee why are there 3 women in the background of her fancy photo?  Somehow I wonder whether that is their actual office space.  I also suspect the "team" is three people - Daddy, Lawrence McCord, and a single driver.  Patrick started work in November according to their face book: https://www.facebook.com/fraytapp/

And I'd be a darn sight happier if Charlotte were working as a driver - ubering parcels instead of people.  She might at least meet a few people. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

3 hours ago, anachronistic said:

That link seems to go to a different business review:  Answerquest Technologies.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, FundiesInParis said:

Charlotte posted this on her Instagram earlier, by the sounds of it she may have gotten a real life job. (No worries, it’s a public account) 

Which is great, now Jessica just needs something.

98F2621B-5120-442A-B62C-10DE50B337CD.thumb.jpeg.43bc4c70e2fb724816185074799a49c2.jpeg

52791C05-1536-44A5-91EA-EF32164FD9C9.png

That's actually a shared/co-work space, they are pretty popular where I live. I don't think I should have posted this but my mobile is not cooperating for an edit. I should not post when I'm tired. I'm sorry. 

Sharing open plan office space with someone like Charlotte, who seems unable to stop talking, might be my worst nightmare.

@DancingPhalanges, I think it was fine to post that address.  It is public and on all the company webpages, after all.

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Sharing open plan office space with someone like Charlotte, who seems unable to stop talking, might be my worst nightmare.

I think I'd end up wanting to strangle her. 

49 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

@DancingPhalanges, I think it was fine to post that address.  It is public and on all the company webpages, after all.

Okay, thank you. I need wine and bed but might lurk and still have wine. And big, fat duh and not realizing it was listed on their docs. Shared work space is a big thing where I live. Lots of converted mills are now trendy co-work spaces, artist space and apartments. 

47 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think I'd end up wanting to strangle her. 

I might be taken out in a straitjacket after making the attempt!  

But if it is an open plan office with other businesses sharing space perhaps Charlotte will meet some heathen men and talk their ears off about Essential Oils!  I wonder whether Daddy has considered that risk.

Daddy's twitter is quite informative.  His moniker is "expagan" (of all things) and he is, very predictably, a Trump supporter.  He mostly retweets crap.

Oy, Daddy Boyer!  Would you let your little ewe lambs share office space with Trump?  Or anyone like him?  How is it that claiming to be anti-abortion "trumps" being a known adulterer, a multiple divorced person, and a self-confessed grabber of unwilling pussies in your eyes?

The hypocrisy of these Fundie so-called "Christians" never ceases to astonish me.

35 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oy, Daddy Boyer!  Would you let your little ewe lambs share office space with Trump?  Or anyone like him?  How is it that claiming to be anti-abortion "trumps" being a known adulterer, a multiple divorced person, and a self-confessed grabber of unwilling pussies in your eyes?

The hypocrisy of these Fundie so-called "Christians" never ceases to astonish me.

Looks like he also supported Roy Moore. I'd wonder about Daddy Boyer allowing Roy near his unmarried daughters but they seem to be too old for Pedo Roy.

15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, she’s the company’s first female employee??? What the what?

Could be a smaller company.

Anyway, I'm happy for her, that she gets to use skills she's cultivated and that she enjoys

Looking at Frayt's Facebook page, I see it has two reviews... One of which was left by Jessica. 

One has to wonder if Jessica or Charlotte has ever used Uber. I highly doubt it. 

"Frayt" is a weird name. I get it; it's supposed to sound like "freight", and it has a "y" in the name in an unexpected place, which is totally on trend. For 2002.

But things that are fraying or frayed are coming apart. Unraveling. Unstable and lacking in structure. Is that the message you would want to send to prospective clients, unless you are running a denim distressing company? This is on par with a bank naming itself "Swyndlers".

It's kind of difficult to see how Charlotte manages to process this non-event as a true "bucket list" achievement, but I guess that speaks to the utter lack of purpose they have in their day-to-day lives. I

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It's kind of difficult to see how Charlotte manages to process this non-event as a true "bucket list" achievement, but I guess that speaks to the utter lack of purpose they have in their day-to-day lives. I

I'd say it is definitely an event, from her perspective. She's doing something that is new. She's going to a different location to work. 

Like, when I started to volunteer again it probably looked like nothing to outsiders, but it was a big deal for me and my social anxiety. Time will tell whether or not this will be significant, but from her post I think she wants it to be. 

On 12/13/2017 at 4:34 PM, JMarie said:

Who says "WWW" anymore?

People who were early adopters so needing to use www. is ingrained in them or people who aren't super computer-savvy.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:16 AM, anachronistic said:

It’s one thing if you go into the family business with a degree, ambition, and the expectation that you will either take it over someday or leave for bigger pastures. 

Yeah, it sounds like most of the families discussed here where older daughters help out in the father's business. 

Clancy Boyer's career is pretty interesting to me. It seems like the family went from well-off to hitting some difficult financial times. The girls allude to it a lot when they speak of leaving their beautiful house for the small rental, some time after Jessica's breakup. Or how their mother couldn't afford medication so she turned to oils.

From his Linkedin, Clancy used to be Global Art Director at Nike and Senior Design Manager at Procter & Gamble. Those are some very impressive positions at huge companies. Since then, his career has seemed to consist of smaller short term positions for startups, a teaching gig, and launching his own consulting service. I wonder what prompted that change... 

Charlotte says she got a $320 check...for the day?! That’s $1,600 per week and $80k per year! That’s a lot of money in Ohio. Also, what about taxes?

Going to sound a little defensive about something here: I work for my dad's company. He encouraged me to apply (and I'm sure that his influence was there, but I still had to apply and interview), and I cannot tell you how guilty I felt about it. But now I'm very happy there. The team I work with is awesome, and people find it very funny that I refer to my dad by his first name at work in order to make it clear that I'm there to be a professional like everyone else. Some people I interact with fairly regularly didn't even know I was his daughter until he straight-up told them I was (our last name is fairly common). I still feel guilty and defensive about it, but it's also been a motivation to work as hard as I can and to be the best I can be at my job, since I figure that I have to retroactively earn it and prove that I could be there in my own right. My goal is to be a Justin Trudeau, not an Ivanka Trump.

@nastyhobbitses, the fact that you applied, interviewed, got hired, and fit in there with few people knowing your family connection speaks volumes; you got your job on merit, not nepotism.  while we don't know Charlotte's on-boarding process, i'd bet that it was *vastly* different than yours.  Does Charlotte call her dad "Clancy" at work?  i doubt it.  

the paycheck for $320.00 caught my attention, too.  maybe she's a consultant or contractor?  i do standard employee payroll and don't handle contractors, so i have no experience in documenting  this type of earnings.  

her dad's use of the non-word funnest--"funnest check i ever wrote"--shows that the sisters are not the only members of the family with poor grammar skills; SOTDRT fail?  if they speak like this regularly, their  (lack of) writing skills on the blog makes more sense.  an adult ed class in English/grammar would be a smart move.

11 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

From his Linkedin, Clancy used to be Global Art Director at Nike and Senior Design Manager at Procter & Gamble.

He does have a fairly impressive professional background.  There is more info on his website.  http://www.clancyboyerco.com/ 

Looking at it, I think several things:

1. He really doesn't know the difference between a resume and a Curriculum Vitae.  He just uses CV because he thinks it sounds posh.  
  2. No dates, no educational background, and what did he do prior to 2000!  
  3. He changed jobs a lot and may have been an independent contractor with P&G and Nike.  Highfalutin' titles not withstanding.
  4. Somewhere in there he turned Fundie and either:
  • Did a Steve Maxwell and decided he couldn't work with or report to women, or
  • Decided corporations were evil and he was better working for himself, or
  • Pissed off the large corporations by preaching his religion at work.

That might explain his financial and professional decline.

@nastyhobbitses, there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone working for a family business.  There is a problem when the only jobs a Fundie daughter can apply for and accept are subject to Daddy's approval.  These may be limited to working for Daddy or for people approved of by Daddy as Christian enough to employ his ewe lamb.  There is a big difference. And what Catlady said. :)

@catlady, I assumed that the $320 was per week or even per month.  My guess is that Charlotte will be there part-time so she can still play with the MLM.  Updating the Facebook page or twitter won't take long.  Perhaps Clancy wants her to redesign the Frayt webpage too.  It is hardly a good advertisement for his graphic art skills in its present condition. 

True, she wasn’t clear on how many hours or days she worked before Dad paid her; the entry sounded like everything happened in one day, but she didn’t specify. But it’s the round dollar amount that I noticed. FICA is 7.65%, Federal is almost always an odd amount, and their state/local could be anything, too. While a random net pay can certainly end up in a nice, neat figure, it’s generally a rarity. That’s why I wondered if she’s a contractor. 

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Somewhere in there he turned Fundie and either:

• Did a Steve Maxwell and decided he couldn't work with or report to women, or
  • Decided corporations were evil and he was better working for himself, or
  • Pissed off the large corporations by preaching his religion at work.

That might explain his financial and professional decline.

I wonder if he really did go from paganism to Christianity then (as his twitter handle implies) - because if he did, that would neatly explain the sudden downward trajectory. There's no zealot like a convert. Some of the most ultra-conservative Christians I've known were the ones who dabbled in paganism or New Age-ism when they were younger. 

So if he went from reasonably normal paganish guy to LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY STAY AT HOME DAUGHTERS guy, that could explain why he was no longer welcome to work for or with the big corporations. 

I don't see a headship guy walking away from the money involved in corporations unless he had enough saved up and put away so that his wife can buy her medication and they don't have to move to a rental, but idk.

I have no idea what is going on in Daddy Boyer's mind. If he did convert from Paganism, then it seems like he had a Rick Arndt style "Come to Jesus." Interesting and definitely a zealot.

I like the "descent from paganism to fundy madness" idea, and based on the social media handle alone, that seems like what we are looking at on a broader scale. But the timeline doesn't jive at all with Fancy Clancy's more recent social and material decline. He was giving his daughters purity rings as early as 2008-2009, which was quite a bit before his change of fortune. That, along with the hope chests and homeschooling would suggest that the current religious convictions had firmly supplanted paganism at least 10 years ago. 

Then, there's the circumstantial evidence that Charlotte, Brigid, and Jessica provided in turns on the old blog. The move was jarring, unhappy for all concerned, and they made no secret of their desire to try and make the best of what had apparently been deemed a "bad situation" by the family. That's not really the attitude one would expect from the girls if their father voluntarily shunned his previous work opportunities due to religious persecution, moral differences, or even just a desire to downsize in the name of Rufus. I think they would probably feel a lot of frustration over the downsizing and general lack of comforts, but the whole thing would have been spun as a triumph. Instead, they whined, collectively and in turns. And now, for whatever reason, the "family modesty standards" have been adjusted to allow Charlotte to dress like an average preppy high schooler, stretch jeans, visible back pockets and all. If Clancy left his job because he was pulling a Maxwell, why suddenly do an about-face on the clothing issue, AND start bringing his daughter into a work environment where she is (allegedly) the only female on staff?

I think Clancy's ex-pagan thing is just a spicy element of his "testimony", and that it has no bearing on his professional work experience. It does seem like something happened to upset the donkey cart a few years ago, but maybe he just pissed off the wrong person by acting like a jackass. Maybe they asked him many, many times not to microwave tuna at lunch, but he did it anyway. 

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think Clancy's ex-pagan thing is just a spicy element of his "testimony", and that it has no bearing on his professional work experience. It does seem like something happened to upset the donkey cart a few years ago, but maybe he just pissed off the wrong person by acting like a jackass. Maybe they asked him many, many times not to microwave tuna at lunch, but he did it anyway. 

Re: Clancy's ex-pagan thing, maybe he thinks himself as pagan before he went more fundy but it's not pagan as we think of it?    Perhaps "pagan" in his mind is equivalent to not being fundy enough?

He seems like he has a lot of design talent but if you are in the habit of pissing off people, eventually you will piss off the wrong person, not just just anybody but that one wrong person that you shouldn't piss off.  It won't matter how much talent you have.  You are toast.  Personally have been seen some very talented and knowledgeable people derail their careers because they pissed off the wrong person.  They continued to work but not at their previous levels.  

Maybe he means "pagan" as the historical meaning of the term- a non-Christian. So while it's great to imagine him as a new-age hippie type, celebrating Yule instead of Christmas and partaking in ancient, rowdy traditions, he might just be using the word for dramatic flair. Maybe he was, though, in the 70s or 80s or something. We don't really know, but I'd love to find out.

I say this as someone who just had a Yule party, where I was the "leader" for a Mari Lwyd wassailing crew. We tied a horse skull to a broom, tossed a fur coat over it, and demanded entry and booze at my friend's door. Because new-age hippies have the best holiday parties.

On 12/18/2017 at 5:21 AM, SolomonFundy said:

But the timeline doesn't jive at all with Fancy Clancy's more recent social and material decline. He was giving his daughters purity rings as early as 2008-2009, which was quite a bit before his change of fortune. That, along with the hope chests and homeschooling would suggest that the current religious convictions had firmly supplanted paganism at least 10 years ago. 

Oh, I think he's been pretty darn Fundie for at least 20 years.  The question is why he has had so many jobs - and over-lapping jobs.  I suspect most of them must have been as an independent contractor and it is possible his resume is inflated. 

13 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

So while it's great to imagine him as a new-age hippie type, celebrating Yule instead of Christmas and partaking in ancient, rowdy traditions, he might just be using the word for dramatic flair. Maybe he was, though, in the 70s or 80s or something. We don't really know, but I'd love to find out.

I doubt he's ever celebrated Yule and he was probably still in diapers in the 70s.  I'm going to guess Clancy was converted in college.

More info on Clancy from LinkedIn and there are actual dates there:  He got a BS in Graphic design from San Jose State (1988 - 1991)

1994 -1995: another BS in Pastoral Studies, Old and New Testament, Koine Greek and Theology from Multnomah University.  It looks as though it was unaccredited back then.

1995-1996: M.Div from Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.  Not accredited, naturally.  Biblical Theology, Westminster Standards and Soteriology.  He knows all about salvation, folks, and it only took him a year.

His longest periods of employment were 2000-2005 for Nike (5 years) and 2007 - 2012 (just over 4 years) for P&G.  His employment goes rapidly downhill from 2012 so perhaps something nasty happened at P&G.

Also his references on LinkedIn are from peers or clients.  No references from people who supervised him, although that may not mean much.  

https://www.linkedin.com/in/clancyboyer/

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived