IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

Chisobe means, "We are lost"

This sounds like something Sir Pterry would write.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

As I've mentioned before, Chisobe means, "We are lost."

Many times before.  Not sure I trust John's translation.  It could mean the restaurant at the end of the universe.

This last trip Mr. Penwell, after receiving opposition from villagers, was the one to take us to the Chief to obtain his permission for our camping and preaching in the villages in his Chiefdom.

Wait!  i thought Mr. Penwell WAS the chief.  Thanks for clearing that up, John.   Great news!

So it was the chief that was giving your hands (and smirking mug) the hairy eyeball.  And the villagers think you are full of shit.  Good for them.

Mr. Penwell has 16 children,

By how many wives? Just asking.

51 grandchildren, and I can't remember how many great-grandchildren!

Children are an heritage of the LORD. Mr. Penwell's worthiness is measured by his sperm and the sperminess of his sperms ad infinitem.  Forget ova.  They are not important.

His last words to us as we were leaving his village this time were, as translated to me by Bro. Phellion from our second church plant in Mulamba village,

Bro. Phellion and Mulamba was your FIRST church plant from Truthiness Baptist Church in Kafue Johnny.  Spinning and exaggeration again  And Truthiness Church is collapsing.

"Please don't stop coming, I want to understand better how to enter the Kingdom of God."

These words thrilled my soul.

If he ever said them.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Many times before.  Not sure I trust John's translation.  It could mean the restaurant at the end of the universe.

Thanks to you, I just snorted loudly enough to wake my dozing husband. After I explained what I found so funny, he asked me to tell you, "So long, and thanks for all the fish." :my_biggrin: (I really need to get around to reading the books. The movie adaptation and my husband's references are only going to get me so far in life.)

19 hours ago, Lurky said:

@BobTheWalrus You're always so much better than the Missionary Fundies we talk about, at describing what your faith means to you!  You'd be MUCH better at evangelising! 

(Now, I know that is a very low bar, but I do mean you leap over it with tons of room, so it's not the back-handed compliment you might think!)

Thanks!

It's one reason fundies make me so sad. My experience of God has been so different from what they write about, and sometimes I want to shake them and tell them God's not mad at them, and they don't need to set up these isolated, insular clubs and look down on everyone else to be accepted by Him.

12 minutes ago, gustava said:

No one wants him back "home" either.

I absolutely believe that. His Daddy is working so hard to persuade Tri-Cross Sheeple to pay up and ensure that he stays Zambia.

A massive case of not in my backyard from his own Daddy!!!!!!!

John doesn't speak the language so he actually hasn't the faintest idea what anyone is saying. He also doesn't know what version of Christianity is being preached since the translators could be saying anything. 

And yes, Daddy doesn't want John home. He was a massive drain on funds at home and it is harder to grift money for your son who can't keep a job and fails at even being a pastor. 

Apparently things might be getting tough now, who knows with John.

Spoiler

Stay the course...

Stay the course Pastor...

Stay the course Missionary...

Stay the course Christian...

No matter what...stay the course.

It's easy to quit...at least it seems so now. Satan wants you to quit. Your enemies want you to quit. The world is pressing you to quit. Your own flesh betrays you and votes in complete agreement with the former.

We faint in in our mind before our body gives out (Hebrews 12:3). You feel you can't go on...

Physically...

and the same is true Spiritually.

The attacks, exhaustion, discouragement, heartaches, pain, sorrow, trials, struggles with fear, of what others are doing, saying, and sometimes even threatening, overwhelm at times.

We may feel or see ourselves as complete failures.

Stay the course.

By God's Grace supplying, stay the course.

Don't live by feelings...

By faith, stay the course...

That one day, we might also say:

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" - II Timothy 4:7

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

We're at the (seemingly) "impossible" stage...

so even though the next stage will be "difficult"...

this encouraged me today.

I believe God will do a work here in Sub-Saharan Africa in His time.

Thankyou Formergothardite. IF John telling the truth, things have gone bigly wrong for him. "Your own flesh betrays you and agrees completely with the Former?" So does Daddy want him home????? Does Mummy want him home???? Esther is not his own flesh unless biblically speaking. The children are too young to betray him. Tell us more John.

I can't remember, what comes next in John's mood cycles? He's just gone through a hyper stage physically, getting out and about, with the euphoric over-optimistic mood and bragging.  Now he's talking about Satan and imaginary threats - next does he take to his bed, then get up and start some insane plan of making something concrete, which he then pretends never happens?

Sorry, John.  I think we're talking geologic time here, eras even.  A looooong time.  It's been over 2,000 years and He hasn't gotten around to the second coming yet, if that gives you any idea. 

People like John like to blame "the flesh" for any sinful thought. For him, thinking "I'm bad at this and should go back home" is probably considered a weakness of the flesh. Idk. The man needs some real therapy and a kick in the pants, not a blank check and a ticket to "Sub-Saharan Africa" to play his fantasy white savior game.

Nah.  He is quoting from someone else.

It's easy to quit...at least it seems so now. Satan wants you to quit. Your enemies want you to quit. The world is pressing you to quit. Your own flesh betrays you and votes in complete agreement with the former.

This means he really wants to retire to bed and suck his thumb for a week or so.  It doesn't mean that he has trod the light fantastic with a nubile national or even been tempted to do so.

And his latest update.  He's battling on and trying to remain positive.

We're at the (seemingly) "impossible" stage...

so even though the next stage will be "difficult"...

this encouraged me today.

He quotes three stages by someone I've never heard of:  "Impossible, difficult, and done."

God (or satan) has a freaking "work" in Sub-Saharan Africa.  It is called John Shrader.

Well, John's been having it rough.  That guy died and his wife moved away so he can't consider her to be a new recruite.  She's only a woman, anyway.  But his past converts are mostly done with him, he's got to travel farther to find anyone who'll even pretend to listen to him, and I think he's getting a case of the sads.  

I bet he decided to call Daddy and get more money, because spending money always makes John smile.  But Daddy got testy with him and said that he's not bringing in much himself these days because so many of his congregation are donating extra money to help with the hurricanes.  John probably stupidly asked "What hurricanes?  We don't get those here.", causing Daddy to get even more testy.  

Since John has been denied his Retail Therapy, and banging Esther isn't as much fun when she's already pregnant, he's got to go on Face Book and make a suitably vague post letting everyone know that he's having trouble, he's been betrayed by his own flesh (and blood?), Satan's got him by the short and curly's again, and he's in need of internet hugs, prayers, and some money wouldn't go amiss, either.  He's probably waiting in his bed for his leg humpers to lift his spirits.

5 hours ago, SoGladIWasCofE said:

His own flesh betrayed him...

Family issues or erectile dysfunction?

Stop it. Good coffee was chocked on because of you :lol:

15 hours ago, Flossie said:

Well, John's been having it rough.  That guy died and his wife moved away so he can't consider her to be a new recruite.  She's only a woman, anyway.  But his past converts are mostly done with him, he's got to travel farther to find anyone who'll even pretend to listen to him, and I think he's getting a case of the sads.  

I bet he decided to call Daddy and get more money, because spending money always makes John smile.  But Daddy got testy with him and said that he's not bringing in much himself these days because so many of his congregation are donating extra money to help with the hurricanes.  

My guess would be that it's a lot more dire of a situation than people donating their extra cash to hurricane victims (which would be temporary). Given the level of flooding in Katy it's probably safe to assume that a good number of the members of his church were personally affected. How many of them are now trying to figure out how to come up with $15,000-$20,000 in deductibles between their auto insurance, homeowners insurance, and flood insurance policies?(And thats if they were fortunate enough  have flood insurance in recent first place). 

Given that almost half of Americans can't come up with $400 in an emergency I'd wager that funding at Daddy Shrader's church will be in a precarious position for a long time to come. 

19 hours ago, Lurky said:

I can't remember, what comes next in John's mood cycles? He's just gone through a hyper stage physically, getting out and about, with the euphoric over-optimistic mood and bragging.  Now he's talking about Satan and imaginary threats - next does he take to his bed, then get up and start some insane plan of making something concrete, which he then pretends never happens?

You forgot the 10 day juice fast for the cleansing of his mind and body which we hear about for one day and then  disappears from his wall o' texts.

I think, in a rare moment of reflection, John has realized that he should find another option for conversion besides vulnerable young men. Their lack of permanency has made them easy prey, but most of them are on social media and many have other options for jobs and education. Can't risk them spreading the word about how terrible John is when they eventually flee.

New targets: older people, bonus points for illness/infirmity. Older people are less likely to be on social media and have had less access to western-style education. Plus, it's not uncommon for people to be afraid of death as they get closer to the end of life. This whole Michael saga has given John multiple opportunities to engage his sheeple, and there's no chance Michael can argue it! Like fish in a barrel for our favorite predator missionary :pb_rollseyes:

On 9/18/2017 at 7:42 PM, Palimpsest said:

I had some time earlier when I was duking it out with amazon and then I got my problem fixed and was so excited I forgot to post. 

Anyhoo, I found out that the language is Uzbek, but I could not find an English translation for what that meant anywhere.  I also found out that area is where they (at least used to) do some kind of pesticide trials for mosquitos that carry malaria.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:28 PM, formergothardite said:

Apparently things might be getting tough now, who knows with John.

Hide contents

Stay the course...

Stay the course Pastor...

Stay the course Missionary...

Stay the course Christian...

No matter what...stay the course.

It's easy to quit...at least it seems so now. Satan wants you to quit. Your enemies want you to quit. The world is pressing you to quit. Your own flesh betrays you and votes in complete agreement with the former.

We faint in in our mind before our body gives out (Hebrews 12:3). You feel you can't go on...

Physically...

and the same is true Spiritually.

The attacks, exhaustion, discouragement, heartaches, pain, sorrow, trials, struggles with fear, of what others are doing, saying, and sometimes even threatening, overwhelm at times.

We may feel or see ourselves as complete failures.

Stay the course.

By God's Grace supplying, stay the course.

Don't live by feelings...

By faith, stay the course...

That one day, we might also say:

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" - II Timothy 4:7

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

This sounds like someone desperately trying to convince themselves everything is FINE, when everything is FAR. FROM. FINE.  

That sin of the flesh thing coming up again is intriguing.  If John is cheating on Esther when she is pregnant with child number eleventy and does not have easy deliveries, I hope she gets some shears out and John finds out what another John felt like ;)   Wasn't she pregnant when it came up before?  (I know it's kind of hard to tell since she's basically always pregnant)

These posts are part of the cycle.  John will be taking to his bed soon enough, or maybe he already has. 

12 hours ago, Curious said:

Anyhoo, I found out that the language is Uzbek, but I could not find an English translation for what that meant anywhere.

Are you sure?  I thought Uzbek was spoken in Uzbekistan. ;)

I also found the article on mosquitoes and that is definitely where he was.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived