IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

Re: the village name. Bantu languages conjugate verbs at the front of the word. You add one or two letters at the front for the subject, followed by one or two letters which indicate the tense. [ETA an example: in Swahili the verb "to go" is "kwenda". If you want to say "we are going" you have to say "tunakwenda".]

For Chisobe to mean we are lost C or Ch would have to mean we and hi or I would have to indicate present tense. 

In Nyanja if you wanted to say "we are ..." the word would begin with Ti. 

In Tonga it seems like it would start with Twa.

In Bemba it would start with Tu.  (And also in Swahili fwiw, not that I can think of a reason why there would be a Swahili village along the Zambezi. I'm just pointing out that there is absolutely lot of overlap between Bantu languages).

There are hundreds of Bantu languages. It's possible that there is one where the first person plural subject is marked by C/Ch. We will never know. It's hard enough finding online grammar information for the big Bantu languages. Forget about the small ones. But it's also possible that he's making it up. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Are you sure?  I thought Uzbek was spoken in Uzbekistan. ;)

I also found the article on mosquitoes and that is definitely where he was.

I'm not positive, but everything I found was consistent with it being a Uzbek word.  Foreign language is not something I know much about so I was trusting goggle(tm).  I'm happy to be corrected, though :) 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He hasn't posted in a couple of days, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has taken to his bed. 

Pretty soon John is going to say, "Ah, the hell with it!" and claim that he has died and please send money to Esther and the kids.  

His followers will believe it and send money.  After a brief mourning period he will begin posting again, never having mentioned his previous death.  

No reader will question it.

1 hour ago, Curious said:

Foreign language is not something I know much about so I was trusting goggle(tm). 

I'm pretty sure that from your goggling you have learned more about the native languages than John has in the years he has been there. 

3 hours ago, Carol said:

After a brief mourning period he will begin posting again, never having mentioned his previous death.  

Nah.  He will be back to announce his resurrection.

He got out of bed long enough to post a couple of inspiring quotes. "Young Preacher PLEASE be careful of MEN that seek to indoctrinate you outside of the pages of THE WORD OF GOD."  Amen.

and 

“The mark of a great church is not its seating capacity, but its sending capacity." 

So you have a great church if you send money to Shrader.

22 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John posted:

"Young Preacher PLEASE be careful of MEN that seek to indoctrinate you outside of the pages of THE WORD OF GOD."

and 

“The mark of a great church is not its seating capacity, but its sending capacity." 

What could it mean?  For the first quote, I think that someone has tried to talk to John, or more likely one of his converts, about his ridiculous interpretation of scripture.  Quit trying to moderate his beliefs, John can't have that!

The second is obviously for his father's church.  John's not going to put up with his support being cut because of silly little natural disasters or a shrinking congregation.  If they're going to send him money, they'd better put in more effort and do it right.

I think it is more likely that the first quote is aimed at his former converts, because John is the only man who teaches from the pages of the WORD OF GOD in Africa.  In his opinion.

The second quote is probably aimed at any and all remaining supporting churches, not just Daddy's.  He still has a few going by the comments on Facebook.

John thinks we are uninformed individuals.

Child and Human Sacrifice still happening in Africa

I've been criticized by uninformed individuals online about coming as a missionary to Zambia, a one-time self-declared "Christian Nation."*

Similar declarations have been made by leaders in Uganda, the country referenced in the story.

What those who don't live here do not know, is that "Traditional Religion," which involves Satanic practices, is still very deeply entrenched in the hearts, minds, and cultural practices of many Africans today.

Here in Zambian terrible things are also done in the name of "traditional religion," even by those who call themselves "Christians" and attend church.

Only Jesus can truly set them free through the power of the True Gospel.

This is why we came.

Pray for Africa

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

*This was declared many years ago by the late Zambian president Frederick Chiluba, the country's first democratically elected president.

Nah, John.  Traditional practices that violate basic human rights are best dealt with by education, international sanctions, and the people and governments of the countries in which they occur.

Not by some idiot grifting "missionary" who is incapable of earning a living in his own country wandering around Africa yapping about satanic practices.

It is a basic human right to get an education.  As John seems to give no attention to educating his own children I think he must be possessed by Satan himself.

John isn't going to convert people who sacrifice children, hell he ran as fast as he could from Muslims. He is only there to get to people who are already Christian. It would take too much effort for him to convert non-Christians.

Oh, and hi John. What happened to that well you bragged about? 

The TL;DR version of John trying to scold us:  "People criticise me for trying to convert Christians, but because they don't believe my incredibly narrow definition of Christianity, and follow me/give me money, they're actually Satanists.  it's obvious they must be, they're Africans."

Ugh, always the same.

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Here in Zambian terrible things are also done in the name of "traditional religion," even by those who call themselves "Christians" and attend church.

Here in the United States terrible things are also done in the name of "Christianity," even by those who call themselves "True Christians" and attend church.

A short list off the top of my head:

failing to teach girls because you don't need an education to be a broodmare

failing to provide documentation for children so they can set off into adulthood like they should be (ie: birth certificate/ssn

using items to hit children in the name of God (paddles, straps, dowels, hose, etc)

Having too many children that can not be supported properly and their basic needs go unmet

Caring more about fetuses (feti?) than about people that are actually already born and in the world

covering up abuses of women and children (Doug Wilson, I'm looking at you here)

I could probably do this all day, but you get the idea

John, we criticize you because you're a dumbass who has grifted everything you have.  You're lazy, histrionic, vain, vindictive, ignorant, self-serving, foolish, abusive, greedy, selfish, stingy, callous, malicious, bad-tempered, unscrupulous and a real creep.  That your followers can't see through you is one of the great mysteries of our time.

I'm pretty sure you're the anti-christ.   :twisted::twisted::twisted:

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Still waiting for John to get arrested.

Please, sweet Jesus. 

We already he's broken (or at least coerced his followers to break) immigration laws. He's unjustly brought poor fellows like Roderick to the police over piddle. I wouldn't put it past him to bribe police or break more laws to get what he wants. 

He's a total prick. 

19 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh, and hi John. What happened to that well you bragged about? 

Let's see...the chickens drowned in it, parts of the plane have been found in it, and I suspect that the indecent birthday cake figurine is in it taking drowning lessons...

I am very sad that we are 24 pages in and sadly the end does not appear in sight :(. What a shameful excuse he is for a missionary, a husband, a father... a Christian. 

5 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

I am very sad that we are 24 pages in and sadly the end does not appear in sight

I'm very say that John Shrader's thread has 13 parts (not counting the ones before we started to number them) and no end is in sight.  He's updated again with lots of pictures and videos.  I wonder why he has blurred out some of the faces.  Perhaps those people are not from Mulamba.

The whole family went camping.  Poor pregnant Esther.

Village Ministry as a Family!

As you can imagine, it's quite a challenge preparing, transporting, lodging, feeding, and ministering with 10 children aged 14 to 1 years old!

It is quite a challenge for the donors to support 12 Shraders aged 40 to 1 years old, and one in the womb.  When is Shrader going to get paid employment?

We finally were able to make a trip to Mulamba with the entire family!

What a sweet time we had, the church plant there is small, but faithful.

So small that 12 Shraders outnumbered the faithful.

One of the faithful men, David, gave our family a village chicken and some groundnuts (peanuts) that they grew.

I hope you gave him a gift in return, John.

He and his wife are pictured in front of their humble, simple house built from logs. Yet they are content. Convicting.

Pity John isn't content with a humble simple house.  He has to have all the mod cons and very expensive tents.

The simple meeting house for Faith Biblical Baptist church plant is pictured behind the "Truth Carrier" in the first and last pics.

Why did you park the Truthymobile right in front of it?

The believers were excited to have Esther and all the children come!

More people to have to feed.

We had a great trip, only lost one tire in the bush! Thankfully, we had a spare.

I expect the tire ran away.  And sensible people usually have spare tires.

The Lord really helped me with the preaching, and Bro. Phellion did a great job interpreting! I was able to say quite a few Nyanja words, and several sentences, which the people really appreciated, even though my grammar was bad!

Still not making much progress in leaning the language, huh?

They also taught us some new hymns in Nyanja, and the words were good, from what I could tell from the ones they translated back for me. Many of the popular choruses sung here are really empty of Biblical teaching and admonishing, as the Bible commands our singing to do in Col. 3:16.  Many vernacular songs even teach false doctrine I've discovered! What a blessing it is that these believers are showing good discernment.

So the only good hymns are the ones John knows and approves. Full of warnings about death and hell fire.  I doubt he is big on "Jesus loves me this I know."  He'll probably translate it into Nyanja as: 

"Jesus wants my gift you know, 
For John Shrader tells me so.
Donor grifts to John belong,
And he brought his kids along.
Yes, Jesus takes cash!
Yes, Jesus takes cash!
Yes, Jesus takes cash!
John Shrader tells me so."

I'm looking forward to teaching these Nyanja hymns to our believers here in Kafue!

How many are left and why would you assume that you need to teach them hymns they probably already know?:angry-banghead:

Bro. Phellion also informed me that we have an invitation from another Headman to come preach the Gospel in his village in the coming weeks! Excited!!

I hope Bro.  Phellion made that up.  Depressed.

We sure thank the Lord for the faithful believers in Mulamba village. Please keep praying for them and for us..

All 10 of them, including children.  Praying that Bro. Phellion comes to his senses.

This child sacrifice thing sounds like a bunch of scaremongering, racist claptrap. Next he'll be talking abuout cannabalism, ffs. 

That's a damn good point, @Palimpsest - taking the whole family of 12, means if the villages they go to feel they have to offer hospitality, that's a lot of mouths to feed.

Surely a better tactic would be for John to take a load of food to give to the church plant?   Or would it count as "works" to provide food for anyone else?

How can John simultaneously claim not to be out converting the Christians, when he's learning Christian hymns in the villages?  And it makes me laugh every time that he praises Phellion's translations, when he doesn't have a clue what's being said.

As you can imagine, it's quite a challenge for Esther preparing, transporting, lodging, feeding, and ministering with 10 children aged 14 to 1 years old and looking after a man-child as well!

FTFY John.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This child sacrifice thing sounds like a bunch of scaremongering, racist claptrap. Next he'll be talking abuout cannabalism, ffs. 

No.  I hate to seem to agree with Shrader but some of this stuff is real.  Not connected to satanic possession, but real. 

http://www.newsweek.com/zambia-riots-capital-lusaka-after-spate-ritual-killings-449554

and https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/09/26/witch-doctors-sacrificing-children-drought-stricken-african-country-uganda/703756001/

Desperate people in desperate times of famine do desperate things.  And there is magical thinking involved.  I would not want to have albinism in parts of Africa.  And I really would not want to be a woman in parts of Africa that still practice FGM.  Note that John doesn't give a rat's arse about FGM.

Shrader's Bible crap is just as magical thinking that any faith healer (witch doctor) might do.

Education will help to stop the atrocities, but it takes time.  And real assistance to relieve desperate times will help not John's Godspeak.

But lest we lose focus and blame all bad stuff on those supposedly ignorant Africans.

Humans are still sacrificed in the USA.  This is by THE Nate Phelps (I think).  I wonder why he didn't mention Westboro,    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nate-phelps/ritual-child-sacrifice-is_b_3510663.html

And John (and Rea), by taking their kids to Africa have already acknowledged that their children could be ritual human sacrifices for Jebus.  Because losing a kid or two to malaria, or other tropical diseases, is Ok by John and Rea and their ilk.  They really pay little attention to their children's medical care or vaccinations because GOD! 

Signed an MK who got all the right vaccinations for Africa and survived.

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Honestly, I'm surprised that child sacrifice in Uganda is what he chose to harp on. Uganda is nowhere near Zambia. 

Furthermore, in terms of straight numbers people with Albinism are in far greater danger throughout Eastern and Southern Africa. At least 10 people with Albinism were murdered for their body parts last year in Zambia. It's a really big problem across the border in Malawi where hundreds go missing every year and in Tanzania a string of kidnappings and murders of small children (babies really) with Albinism in the run up to the last elections is the reason witch doctors are now illegal in the country. 

It's the economics of human trafficking. When the going rate for a human body is more than the median annual income people disappear. It's a problem the world over, not just in Africa.

The article he linked is from the USA Today and was picked up by Drudge Report. From his sharing of it I get the impression that he doesn't really follow local news at all. If he did he'd have shared something actually from Zambia far earlier than this. This screams of someone from the US seeing the article and sending it to him. 

John has blown through bunches of paper this month printing mountains of his tracts that probably end up as litter. 

Hot off the Presses! 25,000 Tracts in September!

(Monthly Printing Report with totals)

Another 1,000 John and Romans plus 3,000 Gospel tracts prepped and distributed this Saturday morning in our massive Compound today, still working on covering every house.

I'm printing the final tract printings this afternoon for the September print runs.

The printing totals for September will work out to:

25,000 Total Tracts, which required...

71 reams of paper

35,500 total pieces of paper

66,000 total print runs

Didn't count the boxes of ink and total Masters made. I'll track that next month.

The vernacular tracts each require 2 pieces of paper, four print runs per tract, then hand collation and stapling. Lot of work per tract! 10,000 of the 25,000 tracts were Nyanja and Bemba!)

Only 3,000 of the tracts were for a National Pastor, the other 22,000 were printed for our two church plants, TBBC here in Kafue and FBBC in Mulamba village.

We're approaching half a MILLION print runs on the two copiers! AMEN!!!!

That's a lotta "Seed."

Please pray with us that it finds good "soil."

23 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John has blown through bunches of paper this month printing mountains of his tracts that probably end up as litter. 

Ya, but it keeps him busy! kind of like keeping a scammer on the phone just so they won't call some other poor schmuck and scam them. 

It may be litter, but one persons litter is another persons toilet paper.

37 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And isn't it interesting that we never heard anything much about his "print ministry" until his church in Kafue bit the dust.  So sanctified toilet paper is the new ministry. 

Save some trees from Shader!!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived