IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Switzerland to the Backwoods of Arkansas

Coconut Flan

On 6/20/2017 at 0:40 AM, subsaharanafrica said:

One thing that is near universal in my experience: if there is no alcohol and no dancing at a reception it doesn't last very long at all. People eat and then go. The IBLP reception lasted 30 minutes max and they had a full spread of food. 

Dang, we did it wrong! :my_biggrin: We had no alcohol and no dancing (we even described the reception on the invites as a "picnic lunch"), but people stayed for hours! 

On 6/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

...unless he turned out to be a mass murdering rapist... 

I'm not sure about the mass-murdering part, but apparently being a rapist is just fine. See: Tabitha Paine's husband, as well as their apparent lack of the concept of consent.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Found this picture on one of the musicians' fb page ( AtkinsonDuo) and the woman on the right  is Rachael Forsyth Tunstill, who I had previously found on fb. She is the flower girl's mother and I always thought she was Austin's aunt, but this picture makes her look like a sister. I wonder if she's Austin's dad's daughter from a previous marriage... that would be interesting 

You're correct! I dug way back into her FB page where she mentions her dad and Fort Rock.

1 hour ago, mpheels said:

Sprautumn?

Sell the idea to Sierra - I think you can make a fortune :pb_lol:

46 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

You're correct! I dug way back into her FB page where she mentions her dad and Fort Rock.

I just dug on her facebook too. In 2012, she posted that she was on her way to Arkansas, and someone commented to have a great time with "your dad and family". Two days later, she posted that Arkansas is going great and rode a zipline and enjoyed family. Someone commented "tell your Dad and Step-Mom I said 'Hello.' " , so that is interesting...

31 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I just dug on her facebook too. In 2012, she posted that she was on her way to Arkansas, and someone commented to have a great time with "your dad and family". Two days later, she posted that Arkansas is going great and rode a zipline and enjoyed family. Someone commented "tell your Dad and Step-Mom I said 'Hello.' " , so that is interesting...

A little youthful indiscretion is refreshing with these families.  :my_heart:

Ha!

I bet they didn't exactly advertise this...

Mr. Grumpy Forsyth does seem a bit older.

Wonder if he had to flip 5 houses before he could marry Mrs. Grump?

12 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

Would that be a "falling" wedding or a "sprall" wedding?

::clutches pearls::

No sprawling *PLEASE* we're <del>British</del> fundie!

...with apologies to that awesome writer who's work I'm butchering - to say nothing of having forgotten his name...

Have the Forsyth's returned from their honeymoon? I didn't see a happy fathers day video or Happy Anniversary Sistermom and Dirtball husband video from them but did see from the Seawold's and Voluo's.

15 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Have the Forsyth's returned from their honeymoon? I didn't see a happy fathers day video or Happy Anniversary Sistermom and Dirtball husband video from them but did see from the Seawold's and Voluo's.

Per Instagram they are in Israel 

So it looks like now they are in Israel. Is posting an anniversary post every month or so a Fundie thing? Are they just trying to overcompensate and make it look like they really are busting with happiness? I get a once a year anniversary post but I find the Fundies do it a bit excessively.

IMG_0208.PNG

For F**ks sake, a 1 month long honeymoon trip on 3 continents? Beats working, doesn't it?

He must flip mansions to pay for the trip....oh right...this is the Duggars...... silly me!

Surely she's peed on the stick by now. That is all that matters. Do they stay on honeymoon till the lines are the right color [or whatever pregnancy test sticks do these days}

I think their honeymoon pics have been sweet; it looks like they're relaxed and happy. I hope so!

Am I missing it, or does Joy not have her ring on? :shocked:

We got married at Christmastime my Sr. year in college. Just after the start of the next semester, I took off my ring in class one day and was fiddling with it. The girl sitting next to me said, with a shocked expression, "You took off your wedding ring!" I was about to laugh because I thought she was teasing me, but she was dead serious. She was looking at me like I'd committed adultery or gotten divorced on the spot or something... she seriously believed once that ring was on, you never took it off... ever.

Just now, Antipatriarch said:

She was looking at me like I'd committed adultery or gotten divorced on the spot or something... she seriously believed once that ring was on, you never took it off... ever.

Well if that's true then my marriage is in trouble lol. I take it off to cook, clean, work out, play derby, etc. 

Maybe I'm just in a mood but #holyland and #loveyouforeverandalwaysbabe together in the same instagram post just made me laugh SO hard. #fundieslovehashtags

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

For F**ks sake, a 1 month long honeymoon trip on 3 continents? Beats working, doesn't it?

One of my employees just did this for his honeymoon.  He wanted six weeks off so I worked with him and his clients to make it happen. It's doable if well planned. 

5 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Maybe I'm just in a mood but #holyland and #loveyouforeverandalwaysbabe together in the same instagram post just made me laugh SO hard. #fundieslovehashtags

The next Duggar couple is required to pick a better term of endearment. BABE is so overused. No one would be standing if a drinking game was played with it.

14 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

@IReallyAmHopewell They  probably penciled Isreal onto their honeymoon itinerary hoping they'd concieve a precious blessing in the Holy land :pb_rollseyes: 

Too bad that name is already taken for a baby in the family... Trying to pay homage to her sistermom's naming rights?

25 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

@IReallyAmHopewell They  probably penciled Isreal onto their honeymoon itinerary hoping they'd concieve a precious blessing in the Holy land :pb_rollseyes: 

Unfortunately the name Isreal is taken by her sister mom. 

But if she has a girl she can name her Galilee.

They could name it Switzy? Matches Spurgy. 

I for one love the extended honeymoon. When are they EVER going to get to go again? Once they have kids and it is much more difficult. Also, if TLC just gave them a budget I'd wring it out too! JinJer went to two countries. Albert a bit closer together I think. 

I see Joy is a student of the Bates Family School of Hashtags Longer Than Some William Carlos Williams Poems.

44 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

I think their honeymoon pics have been sweet; it looks like they're relaxed and happy. I hope so!

Am I missing it, or does Joy not have her ring on? :shocked:

We got married at Christmastime my Sr. year in college. Just after the start of the next semester, I took off my ring in class one day and was fiddling with it. The girl sitting next to me said, with a shocked expression, "You took off your wedding ring!" I was about to laugh because I thought she was teasing me, but she was dead serious. She was looking at me like I'd committed adultery or gotten divorced on the spot or something... she seriously believed once that ring was on, you never took it off... ever.

I think maybe they were doing some sort of activity and she didn't wanna lose them. It would suck to lose your rings this early on in marriage

They look relaxed and happy, hopefully they're having a good honeymoon. And please Rufus, don't let there be an announcement soon. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived