IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Switzerland to the Backwoods of Arkansas

Coconut Flan

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I saw the HOT tag on this thread and all I thought was "Dear God, not an announcement already??"

That's why I'm here, too. It's been a month, so with the Duggs, totally feasible to have a little blessing on the way. *vomit*

56 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

They could name it Switzy? Matches Spurgy. 

Not Heidi? - Ah, no. Guess not - that would require more than one book - what am I thinking? ;)

1 hour ago, Antipatriarch said:

she seriously believed once that ring was on, you never took it off... ever.

A surprising amount of people think that... I wear mine normally but I take it off to cook or shower and lately I've not had it in at all. This humidity has my fingers and toes looking like sausages haha. I want a winter baby next time. 

Back on point though, I have a friend who thought if you didn't have it meant like you were less married lol.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Surely she's peed on the stick by now. That is all that matters. Do they stay on honeymoon till the lines are the right color [or whatever pregnancy test sticks do these days}

Lol first response claims 5 days before missed period. But they're pricey definitely wouldn't be considered buying used and saving the difference.:pb_lol:

The taking-off-the-wedding-ring topic came up at work today for me. Before now I never realized there are people who think it's taboo to remove one's ring(s)! I have long hair and spend a lot of time detangling it by hand (and then with a comb), so I have to remove my rings or they'd catch in my hair. I also cook a ton, garden, go swimming, etc., and just wouldn't feel right wearing my rings while doing those things. In passing I told a woman at work that I'd searched the house for my rings this morning, which almost made me late. (I don't like sleeping in them, either, as my fingers sometimes swell when I sleep. I usually keep them in a safe place overnight, but this was a fluke.) She kept asking me to repeat myself and acted like I was absolutely crazy and harming my marriage by removing my rings. She said she never ONCE removed hers for over 20 years. She is divorced. :my_huh:

I never take my rings off except when I swim or go on vacation. I always think I should take them off when applying lotion because it gets all over them but I never remember until its too late. Otherwise I don't really see a need to take them off and am afraid I would set them down and lose them or one of our three cats might think they're fun to bat around. 

I worked full time and didn't take my rings off. When my husband had heart surgery, he had to take his ring off.. I couldn't bear the thought of it getting cold.. so I took it and wore it with my (two) wedding rings and my engagement ring, until he could put it back on.

I wear two wedding rings always because I had a diamond ring that required a plain band to complement it best, so I got one when we got married by the JP the friday we got married.. and he wanted a fancier ring, so I got one that matched, for our "blessing of the marriage" on Saturday. I've worn 'em all for31 years.

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Lol first response claims 5 days before missed period. But they're pricey definitely wouldn't be considered buying used and saving the difference.:pb_lol:

IC strips... super cheap and show super early too (been through the fertility struggle....that saved me 100's of bucks , i'm sure.)

I can understand the 1 month anniversary post. They're basically high school kids, reveling in their first relationship.

41 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Oh man please no one but used pregnancy tests :pb_lol:

On the topic of rings: Surgeons (like my dad) take theirs off all the time! Even with scrubbing and gloves they can't have them on while they operate.

2 hours ago, itqitc said:

One of my employees just did this for his honeymoon.  He wanted six weeks off so I worked with him and his clients to make it happen. It's doable if well planned. 

Hey, he was an employee-- with a job. Which help pay for his honeymoon, I bet.

On 2017-06-21 at 2:20 AM, LuckyShot said:

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. It's pretty cool, we have a strong sense of community, there's always something happening in our tiny town (population 164).

That sounds awesome. I have friends that live in tiny towns and have this kind of community too and I have always envied them a little. Our town has 20.000 people. 

I love rings - though I caught one on a ledge tonight and snap - beautiful colours, but by heck it hurts broken finger :(

Some people take their rings off for various reasons.  Unless they're presenting themselves as a single person, who cares?

I hate to see those TV chefs putting their hands in food when wearing their rings.  Who knows what kind of stuff gets caught up there?  I don't care if you washed your hands after mixing up the meatloaf, how do you know that there isn't some stuff caught up on the ring when you go to work with the biscuit dough?  How do you know that there isn't food particles from meals you made days ago stuck to your rings?

7 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

That sounds awesome. I have friends that live in tiny towns and have this kind of community too and I have always envied them a little. Our town has 20.000 people. 

Just gonna say I came from a town with less than 2000 people and it was a miserable time. In a town that small, everybody knows your business and a lot of families end up being the pariahs for generations. Oftentimes for no goddamn reason. 

3 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Some people take their rings off for various reasons.  Unless they're presenting themselves as a single person, who cares?

I hate to see those TV chefs putting their hands in food when wearing their rings.  Who knows what kind of stuff gets caught up there?  I don't care if you washed your hands after mixing up the meatloaf, how do you know that there isn't some stuff caught up on the ring when you go to work with the biscuit dough?  How do you know that there isn't food particles from meals you made days ago stuck to your rings?

Or you could be like my brother's ex-fiancé, who wanted to keep her ring so she could pretend she was still engaged.

And I hate that too! It's just so gross. When I've watched Cake Boss I'd just get so grossed out by wearing rings/lack of gloves and lots of putting fingers all over everything/lack of hair nets.

3 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Just gonna say I came from a town with less than 2000 people and it was a miserable time. In a town that small, everybody knows your business and a lot of families end up being the pariahs for generations. Oftentimes for no goddamn reason. 

Yeah I know, small towns can be horrible too. There are lots of little villages here and I know that kind of mentality is around. Even though I always liked growing up here I had friends that swore they would never look back once they could leave. 

Funnily enough my most vocal hometown hater was the first of my friends to move back home once they started a family and then went on trying to convince the rest of us to come back too. :pb_lol:

The worst is, we live in a rural location exactly half way between two townlands since three years ago. We engage in parts of town life with both places, but considered ourselves slightly more one than the other. It came up in company a few days back and sparked a 'oh no, they're yours' from both sides. Great to know when you're wanted :(

7 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Yeah I know, small towns can be horrible too. There are lots of little villages here and I know that kind of mentality is around. Even though I always liked growing up here I had friends that swore they would never look back once they could leave. 

Funnily enough my most vocal hometown hater was the first of my friends to move back home once they started a family and then went on trying to convince the rest of us to come back too. :pb_lol:

I remember crying in sixth grade because me new teacher looked at me and said, "My God, another (Insert last name)." 

I was a fantastic, obedient student at the time and it broke my heart to be judged because of the four siblings before me. 

WOrst of all was when I took my rapist to court and he got off scott free because I was just another lying (last name). 

I'm live in a small town in northern New Jersery. Their are many towns around me to a point that unless someone knows where they are going someone might think they are in the same town. 

I have had many friend and former classmates who have moved out of the area for college or a job. But many come back to our area because they know the area and they also know their children will get a good education. 

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

On the topic of rings: Surgeons (like my dad) take theirs off all the time!

I had to re-read this sentence several times because my brain kept seeing it as Spurgeon instead of surgeon... Dang it, Duggars!

On 6/20/2017 at 6:20 PM, LuckyShot said:

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. It's pretty cool, we have a strong sense of community, there's always something happening in our tiny town (population 164)

No way! I am also from Saskatchewan! 

38 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

WOrst of all was when I took my rapist to court and he got off scott free because I was just another lying (last name). 

That's bitterly unjust and I'm so terribly sorry for your experience. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived