IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Switzerland to the Backwoods of Arkansas

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

I hope this thread lasts through the honeymoon.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad they finally released the full wedding party picture. We can officially dispel the rumors that Carlin was not a bridesmaid.

Also, watching the wedding episodes right now. This has all the markers of an arranged marriage. That is not to say that these two do not love or respect one another in general or that they will not come to be in love. There is a subtle forced fed feeling.

It could also be that these two are extremely uncomfortable showing affection in front of in front of the cameras. 

40 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Also, watching the wedding episodes right now. This has all the markers of an arranged marriage. That is not to say that these two do not love or respect one another in general or that they will not come to be in love. There is a subtle forced fed feeling.

It could also be that these two are extremely uncomfortable showing affection in front of in front of the cameras. 

I'm not seeing anything forced, and of course they are uncomfortable showing affection in front others, until 20 seconds ago they weren't allowed to. 

@CrazyMumma there is a copy of it in the previous thread. I do not know how to copy from there, but I blieve it is on one of the last pages. 

@allthegoodnamesrgone We have a difference of opinion. I believe that is okay. Also, I did not see this awkwardness in some of the other couples who had the same restrictions Joy and Austin maintained.

Did the wedding episode mysteriously disappear from anyone else's DVR? I could've sworn that it was supposed to air tonight, but it is missing from the TV guide now.

Joy's wedding had a different feel to it than the other weddings, a better feeling. After watching the episode I think Joy and Austin are a good match, but Joy is a little too eager to please. Austin somewhat impressed me by insisting that she make her own (simple) decisions. 

I think it was very obvious that Joy does not have the same realsonship with Jim Bob and Michelle that the older girls do. The conversations and interactions were completely different. Of course Jim Bob was his normal attention whore self trying to get in as much face time as possible. I felt like every time he was about to say something about 'giving her away' he was cut off by someone and he felt cheated so he had to say it up on stage during the prayer where it was completely out of place. 

I seemed like they had an actual reception and not just standing around in a parking lot waiting to see a car drive away. However, that seemed an awful lot of cupcakes when there was a pretty big cake.

5 hours ago, CrazyMumma said:

Where is the photo of the whole bridal party?? 

Page 24 of the last thread. 

I didn't feel like Jimbob was attention seeking, maybe it's the editing.    Last night I thought he was really sweet and watching Joy with him, was genuine.   

I saw Joy as indecisive, but also bossy.   The way she was bossing everyone around about lining up, Jimbob was like...."Hey we have 15 minutes and she wasn't having any of that."    She might be indecisive and a people pleaser, like that was really weird about her veil and wanting Austin to tell her what to do.    She's so not used to making decisions.     But she definitely is capable of decisions.   She's capable of managing people, she's naturally bossy.    I think that indecisive side and the people pleasing side and the awkward sort of side is a function of her age.    She's going to come into her own and not be like that as an adult I think.

44 minutes ago, PVMom said:

But she definitely is capable of decisions.   She's capable of managing people, she's naturally bossy.    I think that indecisive side and the people pleasing side and the awkward sort of side is a function of her age.    She's going to come into her own and not be like that as an adult I think.

Joy & Jessa are a LOT a like personality wise, but Joy is what 5/6 years younger so she comes off as sweet and unsure and Jessa comes across as bitchy and demanding, when in reality with a family like she grew up in shit had to get done and SOMEONE had to do it, God knows the parents weren't.  I think of the adult sisters Jessa & Joy will be OK, they have enough common sense and are strong willed enough to get stuff done when it needs to be.  Jill, is hopeless/helpless and as doesn't have an ounce of common sense.  As for Jinger, as long as Jeremy doesn't turn into super creeper preacher man and have eleventy kids she will be ok, at least financially, happy wise? Only time will tell, I flip flop way to much on Jeremy. 

I watched the wedding episode and then followed that up with the "Triple Date Night" episode... I know, I'm embarrassed I actually watched both in their entirety. The one thing I really noticed during my viewing was Joy digging through the shoe bucket before the triple date and how dirty her feet were !!!  (Apparently the episodes are so dull that dirty feet caught my attention. LOL) Joy mentioned that she's always barefoot. All I could think in my head was "girl, it's date night... wash your damn feet at least." Ick. I can't help it, grocery store feet skeeve me out!

17 hours ago, joy2world said:

Did the wedding episode mysteriously disappear from anyone else's DVR? I could've sworn that it was supposed to air tonight, but it is missing from the TV guide now.

I'm currently in WA and tried to record it last night. TLC apparently blocked it out somehow. Per TiVo, 9-12 pm on TLC-W (both SD and HD) ended up reporting as "TLC Programming" with a "blackout" setting. It was really odd. All I could see was a white screen.

I don't have cable, but do (occasionally) use my mom's cable log in to stream things on my roku. I tried to live stream the episodes last night, but they blocked. I was able to watch the 7 Little Johnstons episode before Counting On, but the stream cut out when Counting On started.

48 minutes ago, Joyfully Available said:

<snipped>.... The one thing I really noticed during my viewing was Joy digging through the shoe bucket before the triple date and how dirty her feet were !!!  (Apparently the episodes are so dull that dirty feet caught my attention. LOL) Joy mentioned that she's always barefoot. All I could think in my head was "girl, it's date night... wash your damn feet at least." Ick. I can't help it, grocery store feet skeeve me out!

I've hear it called Trailer Baby Feet.... 

29 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Grocery store feet?

When people walk around with no shoes on and the bottom of their feet are filthy, nasty, dirty. 

Why the grocery store part though? ...I am sleep deprived this week, but I have a feeling I missed something fundamental? (No pun intended).

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

Grocery store feet?

I've heard dirty bare feet called a lot of things in different regions. Haha! Southern area here... back in the day little kids would come in the grocery store with parents during the summer barefoot & their feet would be even dirtier after running through the Piggly Wiggly. Basically dirty black feet from going barefoot everywhere all the time. 

3 minutes ago, mpheels said:

My grandmother always made me wash my feet before bed :my_biggrin:

Yup. Feet, hands, face - then bed.

6 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I'm currently in WA and tried to record it last night. TLC apparently blocked it out somehow. Per TiVo, 9-12 pm on TLC-W (both SD and HD) ended up reporting as "TLC Programming" with a "blackout" setting. It was really odd. All I could see was a white screen.

I just checked on Xfinity (I didn't have my DVR set to record it), and it doesn't show any re-broadcast options - only streaming On Demand.  I haven't had the stomach to watch this new series - does it usually replay at some point after its first airing?

24 minutes ago, Snarkle said:

I just checked on Xfinity (I didn't have my DVR set to record it), and it doesn't show any re-broadcast options - only streaming On Demand.  I haven't had the stomach to watch this new series - does it usually replay at some point after its first airing?

Usually it shows back to back with the new episode, but it isn't on the schedule now.

Instagram snooping brought me these two photos. Sarah, the lady who made the cupcakes for Joy's wedding, says that the aroma of Jesus shines through the Duggars. What an odd sentence. And Austin sort of looks awkward in the photo below.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-06-14-02-11-00.thumb.png.eb1b16cc7ed5315e4b6e971faa8624a1.pngScreenshot_2017-06-14-02-11-32.thumb.png.b9fc24a64b4a8f2b7ca7a1911b9cd4ba.png

Yeah I saw the chocolate one before. Given how the rest if them look, they're supposed to make yummy or funny faces. Apparently that's not something Austin has done a lot. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived