IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Switzerland to the Backwoods of Arkansas

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I just started watching Outlander last night so I am liking this thread drift. I have no input just yet on Frank -v- Jamie Fraser after one episode. Now I'm wondering how far ahead is the series in America? Or has there already been more than one season? I have been hearing about the show for a while now.

We have had two seasons here in the US, awaiting season 3.  On a side note, I saw the cast when they were filming in Edinburgh when I was there for work.  Jamie is hotter in person, hmm.  

#teamjamie

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Sorry nope, when this American goes looking for the comfort food of a grilled cheese, I don't want nasty grown up cheese (I really hate cheese and to be fair it hates me back I have a low lactose tolerance) I want that processed cheese food in the cellophane wrapper. 

Lol! For me, grown up cheese was definitely an acquired taste. As a kid, I loved 7-11 nachos swimming in orange goo. I still hit up the baseball snack bar nachos sometimes, even though I'm fully aware that at least five of the ingredients it's made out of are toxic and the appearance kind of makes me gag. I eat clean at home, so I feel like all bets are off once I walk out the door.

Besides that, I really enjoy the experience of social eating, the spirit of breaking bread, and have a "when in Rome..." outlook on food. I hope I don't sound like a big glutton fat ass because I honestly do have some self control, but I'll pretty much eat anything that is put in front of me when I go out. Food is a big part of the overall experience. I wouldn't buy American cheese, but if someone invited me over for plastic cheese sandwiches, I would be all about it.

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Jamie Fraser? I'll take FRANK.... OMG that voice! those eyes!

His DNA is slightly suspect. Nope, Definately Jamie.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

It may depend on where you shop.  We have an amazing range of cheese available in this area.

Definitely.  I've never had a problem finding whatever I wanted once I left the backwoods.

Yeah, I live in Cincinnati currently, so that's unfair, because it's Kroger headquarters, so there are great ones here, and also home to Jungle Jim's, a grocery store like no other, now with two six acre locations. But I can't think of anywhere I've lived in the past couple decades where you couldn't get whatever you might be in the mood for. And there is a farmer's market here with plenty of fresh cheeses from nearby Kentucky farms.

6 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

His DNA is slightly suspect. Nope, Definately Jamie.

Frank, I think, is a tad older than Claire, and mysterious AF. His work for M16 in the war, his famililial tendency towards ruthlessness, his outright taking of her sexually in the ruins of the Leoch stillroom, OMG gimme Frank RIGHT NOW! Jamie may make love with unflagging joy, but gimme a man with some experience and panache!! Swoon!! And when she came back in the beginning of Season Two, and told him she was pregnant, the changes on his face...

Oh, to hell with Frank and Jamie. Gimme Tobias Menzies and leave us alone!!

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Frank, I think, is a tad older than Claire, and mysterious AF. His work for M16 in the war, his famililial tendency towards ruthlessness, his outright taking of her sexually in the ruins of the Leoch stillroom, OMG gimme Frank RIGHT NOW! Jamie may make love with unflagging joy, but gimme a man with some experience and panache!! Swoon!! And when she came back in the beginning of Season Two, and told him she was pregnant, the changes on his face...

Oh, to hell with Frank and Jamie. Gimme Tobias Menzies and leave us alone!!

Well, and you can just pretend he is Edmure Tully from GOT instead :)

I've only read the books, but after he beat Claire with a belt, I was done. Bad Jamie, I don't care how hot you are. Lori Alexander would probably like him.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Now see - I really only know Frank through the books. He's by far NOT my favorite...

He could have been a total cad and thrown out Claire when she came back...

On the other hand, it almost seemed like he sensed she was trying to push him away and made her stay out of revenge/spite. Still, I can't imagine my hubby disappearing for three years and coming back with the news that they married someone else not two months in and have a child with them. 

The series undid some of the tension in the book, where Claire was clearly apprehensive and found herself slowly falling in love with Jamie after the wedding. In the series, the first shot of Caitriona and Sam together essentially sealed the deal and left the viewers asking "Frank who?". (The general awesomeness of Tobias Menzies notwithstanding - I'd actually date him rather than Sam!) I can't wait for season #3 and the print shop scene, then a reprise of the wedding episode plus a few additional scars and stretch marks. 

<don't get me started on the topic or we can stay here till the kine come home>

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived