IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

Lori:

I would love all preschools to go out of business. This is what would be best for the children.

Wow, there you have it. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori:

15 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I would love all preschools to go out of business. This is what would be best for the children.

Wow, there you have it. 

Too bad all studies show otherwise, hence the push for preschool for all.... Lori needs to get carpal tunnel so she can't type. 

2 hours ago, onemama said:

The home is not a physical place. In scripture a "house" is a jurisdiction in which the husband is head.
This includes all his businesses, people, buildings, rules, etc...

The bible doesn't say a woman has to be locked up in a building. But it DOES say that she must stay in her husbands house!

No working for other men. No voting for a separate political candidate. No having a separate bank account. These are the kinds of things that the devil uses to drive women away from husbands, not buildings.

Think in terms of jurisdiction. Wifey shouldnt be running her own system. If she manages any portion, its a portion of her husbands house, not her own.

Quoting from onemama's quote

This guy needs to take the cactus out of his ass! Why on earth would having separate bank accounts be so bad? We've had separate accounts from day 1. I can access his online and he can access mine online even though just one name is on the account. We have nothing to hide! But then again, some fundie MALE told me we didn't have a "real" marriage since our finances weren't "combined"...he didn't seem to understand that it's still one pot but has a divider in it. 

2 hours ago, onemama said:

Another male follower has the following to say. Emphasis mine.

Wifey.... that says it all. Jerk.

He commented on her fb page a few days back, so I clicked on him then and read a few things from his timeline.  He is probably one of the most misogynistic men I have ever seen.  It actually made me sad that there could be so much hatred in one person - and you know that it's probably all to cover his own fears and insecurities.  He mentioned that he's a strong believer in men's rights, which I now interpret to mean that he doesn't want equal rights, but the right to treat women like shit.  I can't follow the MRA types because the amount of hate that many of them have really disturbs me.  It goes beyond the fundie concept of women being submissive and weaker vessels.

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

As a full time teacher, I taught high school English and history. As I understand it from a friend who now lives and teaches in the U.K. I would not have needed any math or math testing for that job. Now I am a substitute teacher and have different grades and subject areas every day and need knowledge that was not required for the job I trained for at all. But a liberal arts degree and varied high school requirements mean I have that knowledge background.

People here frequently change careers in their lives. Often completely retraining with new degrees in wildly differently areas. Is that possible in your system? Can a journalist go back and become a math teacher in her 40s? Can a dancer become a nurse at 50? Those are real examples of people I know.

In the U.K. you have to have Maths, science and english at GSCE level ( equivalent to USA grade 12)  to access any further education. There are basic diploma courses for people who don't secure the necessary pass mark, but without the actual GCSE qualification university is usually a no go. 

It's funny that you questioned the dancer becoming a nurse as my eldest is in that position at the moment. She had an injury that took her out of the game a few years ago, and is now applying to college to do nursing.  The rule is, as long as you have 5 GCSEs including Maths, science and english, you can do an access into nursing course in one year. She starts this in September and will hopeful be in university next year. 

The access courses or Alevels are what give the flexibility to change careers 

I think it's also important to note that although students choose their options in year 9/10 ( which is the equivalent to the US grade 10/11)  English, Maths, Re and science are compulsory. My youngest picked her options this year and chose history, psychology, German and extended science.  It's a very heavy schedule but should be wide enough for her to go into most areas.  

From what I can gather, we differ from the US as our colleges aren't degree courses, they are pre degree if that makes sense? So our rounded education is the GCSE's which is comparable to your high school qualifications, in its difficulty, number of school years-12  (we start younger and, for some bizarre reason, have a reception grade, which would be the us grade 1, which is why we appear to have only 11grades) 

University is usually 3yrs for a bachelor's degree, plus the 1 to 2 years college A-level/access course in the chosen subjects. Making the whole process around 4/5 years which would be more similar to the US degree courses if I'm correct?

i think what I'm trying to say is that if you consider the ALevel course to be equivalent to the US first year of college/university, then you will be closer to the actual structure of the UK system. 

having said all that, I have to agree with you that we make the kids pick way too young, but I think that's because we start them at school to soon at the grand old age of 4!   I think both the US and Uk are making the kids pick at the same school year? 

I'd personally like to see a system similar to Sweden's, where school doesn't start until age 7!  kids should be playing in mud at 4, not spending 8hrs a day in a stuffy class room 

4 hours ago, jerkit said:

I feel like most fundies have things they can be rational about, but Lori has nothing. She is completely crazy cakes all the time about everything. Absolutely nothing she says is consistent nor makes a lick of sense.

Crazy cakes :pb_lol:

In the U.K. you have to have Maths, science and english at GSCE level ( equivalent to USA grade 12)  to access any further education. There are basic diploma courses for people who don't secure the necessary pass mark, but without the actual GCSE qualification university is usually a no go. 
It's funny that you questioned the dancer becoming a nurse as my eldest is in that position at the moment. She had an injury that took her out of the game a few years ago, and is now applying to college to do nursing.  The rule is, as long as you have 5 GCSEs including Maths, science and english, you can do an access into nursing course in one year. She starts this in September and will hopeful be in university next year. 
The access courses or Alevels are what give the flexibility to change careers 
I think it's also important to note that although students choose their options in year 9/10 ( which is the equivalent to the US grade 10/11)  English, Maths, Re and science are compulsory. My youngest picked her options this year and chose history, psychology, German and extended science.  It's a very heavy schedule but should be wide enough for her to go into most areas.  
From what I can gather, we differ from the US as our colleges aren't degree courses, they are pre degree if that makes sense? So our rounded education is the GCSE's which is comparable to your high school qualifications, in its difficulty, number of school years-12  (we start younger and, for some bizarre reason, have a reception grade, which would be the us grade 1, which is why we appear to have only 11grades) 
University is usually 3yrs for a bachelor's degree, plus the 1 to 2 years college A-level/access course in the chosen subjects. Making the whole process around 4/5 years which would be more similar to the US degree courses if I'm correct?
i think what I'm trying to say is that if you consider the ALevel course to be equivalent to the US first year of college/university, then you will be closer to the actual structure of the UK system. 
having said all that, I have to agree with you that we make the kids pick way too young, but I think that's because we start them at school to soon at the grand old age of 4!   I think both the US and Uk are making the kids pick at the same school year? 
I'd personally like to see a system similar to Sweden's, where school doesn't start until age 7!  kids should be playing in mud at 4, not spending 8hrs a day in a stuffy class room 

Most people officially pick a college (university) major in sophomore year of college which is at age 19 or even 20. Some who choose a vocational training program would choose at end of grade 12 or age 17-18

Kids officially start school with kindergarten at 5. Sometimes 6 but many states are trying to discourage kids being held out to age 6 when possible now. There are 12 grades after kindergarten.

I really dislike today's post. The insinuations, lack of compassion, and fake humility are bothering me more than usual. 

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Most people officially pick a college (university) major in sophomore year of college which is at age 19 or even 20. Some who choose a vocational training program would choose at end of grade 12 or age 17-18

Kids officially start school with kindergarten at 5. Sometimes 6 but many states are trying to discourage kids being held out to age 6 when possible now. There are 12 grades after kindergarten.

Our Kindergarten is called preschool Nursery, which the kids start at 3. It's attached to a school and the kids often integrate with the other students, but it's very much play based. Kids learn to begin to count, spell their name, begin letter sounds ect. 

It would be really interesting to see how the level of work from Grade 12 / Year 11 stacks up together, to see if it's comparable. Or if the GCSEs are more similar to the college Freshman year which is why we don't continue them into College? 

Vocational courses are usually taken after GCSEs, although some kids can choose to take some courses in high school along side their compulsory classes. It's one of the things I actually like about the UK school system, as it gives kids who aren't academic other options. These courses are usually the equivalent to 2 GCSEs, so the kids have at least the required 5. 

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

@louisa05  They can, IIRC. There are adult education courses you can take and things called "access" courses where you can take classes in subjects and then be admitted to university. There's also the Open University. I checked the Maths degree, for example, and you don't need a formal maths qualification, you just need to be "comfortable" with basic maths concepts. OU is online/distance based so you can work alongside the degree. In fact that's the same with all OU courses- no formal qualification needed. 

I'm actually about three quarters of the way through the access course for Teacher Ed and will go on to study at uni this September. I agree that the system is flawed, I took A-Levels back when I had just finished my GCSEs and though the subjects I studied (English Lit&Lang, Sociology, and Psychology) were all related to what I was interested in  (and will now go on to pursue), at the time I had no idea how to turn that into a future as I'd only had basic career counselling in secondary school and was too shy to seek out college-level career advice.

It took three years between achieving my A-Levels and signing up for Access for me to decide what I wanted to do with my life, and even since joining the class I've changed my mind yet again, as I've decided I need to learn more about society and the differences of the people who live in it for me to even entertain the idea of being able to the children that come from it even half as competently as they deserve. 

Point is, I'm glad to hear that there are some talks of change to the system going on, I was too immature both in emotion and experience to decide my life at fifteen, and most of the people I'm still in contact with from school feel much the same way. My younger cousins are just approaching the age of deciding what they want to go for in college and whenever they've asked for advice I always feel like the best I can give them is to tell them to study what they're interested in, but also to seek the career advice and extra support. 

would say that maybe if Lori had studied what she was interested in rather than dedicating her life to being a miserable, manipulative shrew of a wife and then being intolerable on social media that she'd be happier, but as far as I know there are no classes on how to flick a nursing baby's cheek and beating a toddler for spilling their snack. 

3 hours ago, Escadora said:

I've decided I need to learn more about society and the differences of the people who live in it for me to even entertain the idea of being able to the children that come from it even half as competently as they deserve.

It's people like you who make excellent teachers. Good luck for whichever path you chose. 

Our Kindergarten is called preschool Nursery, which the kids start at 3. It's attached to a school and the kids often integrate with the other students, but it's very much play based. Kids learn to begin to count, spell their name, begin letter sounds ect. 
It would be really interesting to see how the level of work from Grade 12 / Year 11 stacks up together, to see if it's comparable. Or if the GCSEs are more similar to the college Freshman year which is why we don't continue them into College? 
Vocational courses are usually taken after GCSEs, although some kids can choose to take some courses in high school along side their compulsory classes. It's one of the things I actually like about the UK school system, as it gives kids who aren't academic other options. These courses are usually the equivalent to 2 GCSEs, so the kids have at least the required 5. 

Some larger schools are able to provide access to vocational training at the high school level. Smaller ones not so much. Im my state small districts tend to focus on college prep as it is easier to include with basic requirements. There is a lot of disparity in schools. This state has large districts with multiple sites for each grade level serving 100s or even 1000s of students per building and districts with one facility and maybe 100 kids in preK-12. So every district is different.

Public preK here is mostly special needs kids. It is play focused plus various therapists are involved. (Occupational, physical, audiology etc....). "Normal" kids can go but families must pay. There are private preschools as well and the format varies and is often not play oriented unfortunately.

She's promoting her book again.  Some of these reviews...:roll:  

The most  recent one included this bit:

I would imagine most of the negative reviews are from non-believers, which is to be expected.

I'm no Christian, but I am not really sure that "if you don't like what I say, you must not be a Christian", is a Christlike attitude.  

The gall of some of these people...just wow.

Meanwhile, Lori continues to gossip about the woman in her notebook doodle.

Lori:

Proves she doesn't know the Word of God.

What proves that she doesn't know the word of God?  The fact that she doesn't obey Lori's every command?

Does she even realize how snotty she sounds?  Does she think this is an example of following the second greatest commandment- loving your neighbor?  Does she think inciting her readers to talk about this woman is kind or showing the love of Jesus?

A reader asks to see both sides of the conversation (a fair request, since Lori is determined to gossip about her).  Lori told her no, because she said "worse things".  :roll:  

Reader:

Who wrote this and to whom are they referring?

Lori:

I wrote it and it concerns my discussion with a woman on my Facebook page who was arguing with the concept of wives submitting to their husbands.

Reader:

Can you copy that post here? I don't see it.

Lori:

no, because she began to say a lot worse things.

And who really cares about the other woman's side, right?  Lori is obviously right!  Just take her word for it.

She is by far the most spoiled, immature person I've ever come across...internet and real life, she takes the cake.

I'm not yet caught up, but I wanted to jump in about UK/US educational systems; apologies if I'm repeating someone else's points. We're a US/UK family currently living in England, and I grew up in the US, so I have experience of both systems.

By age, the last two years of a UK child's education, called "sixth form", are equivalent to grades 11 and 12 in the US. However, they are treated very differently, more as a transition to adulthood/university.

At age 16, UK teens take their GCSE exams. Most schools expect all students to cover a wide spectrum of subjects, usually around ten, and it is required by government that two of them are maths and English. UK students are taught in their schools by their teachers, but the exams they take at the end of the year are national exams graded by strangers. That end-of-year national exam grade is your grade for that subject. There is no grade provided by your teacher. So every sixteen year old should be completing secondary school at age 16 with ten or more nationally recognised certificates in a wide array of subjects.

At that point, many students go to a completely different school for the last two years. Such schools are often referred to as "sixth form colleges" and students are treated much more independently than they were at secondary school. For example, during exam time (End of May-mid July) many sixth-form colleges put the students on "study leave." This means that they only show up for specific exams (of which there may only be about two in a given week) and otherwise are expected to study and manage themselves at home or out and about. They are not babysat. It's at sixth form that students narrow to the three (or sometimes four) subjects they will take national A-level exams in. These are their specialty subjects at which they expect to do very well. As with GCSEs, these are national exams that will be graded by strangers.

I understand the argument that students should have a flexible foundation so that they can change direction with reasonable ease. I think the UK system just shifts the age. The age 16 GCSE exams and resulting certificates are where students get their broad foundation. The next two years, sixth form (equivalent to the US grades 11 and 12), are considered "going to college." If a student goes on to higher education at age 18, that is "going to university." It has come to seem very natural to me to narrow at the college point.

I too was surprised by all of this when I came here. I think it's helpful to see "learning" and "taking a national exam" as two different things. From age 14 or 15 (when students start studying for their age 16 GCSEs), studying something at school inherently means studying for the national exams. You're not stopped from reading books about other subjects on your own time or enjoying them however you wish, but you only take national exams in subjects in which you are very specifically interested and talented. Taking an academic class in school == taking a national exam.

I'd like to add: these national exams are at a very, very high standard. My son is taking three A-levels this year, and that is a very full daily schedule of classes during the normal school year. Taking on more than three subjects would be a nightmare.

Lori today:

This culture needs Jesus. All cultures need Jesus. A woman from Africa commented on my Facebook page yesterday and wrote that women there have to work to support their families. Africa needs Jesus and His ways. It needs men who are willing to marry and work hard to provide for their families so the mother of their children can stay home and raise those children in the ways of the Lord: to work hard, to have self-control, to be joyful, continually pointing them back to the truth of God’s Word, teaching them to have sound doctrine and a sound mind, and to love the Lord more than the pleasures of their culture.

LOL, its that simple right? Of course she has no clue on political/economical conditions of Africa. Just thinks a little Jesus will cure everything. What makes her think that the men aren't working hard?

8 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What makes her think that the men aren't working hard?

Because God owns everything, and clearly if they were working hard, he would bestow Norwex cloths and expensive beauty products on them.  

8 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori today:

LOL, its that simple right? Of course she has no clue on political/economical conditions of Africa. Just thinks a little Jesus will cure everything. What makes her think that the men aren't working hard?

I know, right?  Some of the people there live in mud huts with no plumbing or electricity. I guess the woman should stay home and scrub the stove and fridge. 

No, the women have to do men's jobs because it's all hands on deck. Everyone works, even the kids. They are lucky if they get to go to school.

Entitled b*#@h.

Jesus was always talking about women staying home and cleaning. He ragged on Mary for listening to Him speak instead of cleaning. He told the Samaritan woman that if she had been at home, she wouldn't have fallen on so much dick. Half the Sermon on the Mount was about wifely submission.

...or is that just in Lori's Bible?

Lori knows as much about gardening as she knows about anything else.

When you grow seedlings indoors, they are very delicate little things. You have to harden them off before they can be exposed to direct sunlight, wind, rain, cooler/warmer temps, etc. If you don't, your seedlings WILL die. Or you will have to keep them indoors forever, and they'll never reach their full potential.

Since she's using this as an illustration for children, I can do the same thing. She's wanting to shelter other people's kids from all bad influences. Fine. But this means that those children will never be able to be exposed to any negative influences because they simply will not be strong enough to withstand those influences. They will be weak and delicate little flowers who will wilt and die at the first assault on their faith. It would be far better to "harden your children off" by teaching them to be strong and hardy against the direct sun, the wind, the rain, and the extreme temperatures by teaching your kids to make healthy choices, by teaching them right and wrong, by teaching them to reason, by teaching them to use common sense, by teaching them to stand firm for what THEY believe. But, of course, this isn't what Lori wants, is it? She wants a generation of delicate, wilting, dead/dying flowers. 

A lemon tree can grow 20', but her potted tree will never get that tall in her house. She will keep it indoors where she can keep it as stunted as she's kept her soul.

48 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Jesus was always talking about women staying home and cleaning. He ragged on Mary for listening to Him speak instead of cleaning. He told the Samaritan woman that if she had been at home, she wouldn't have fallen on so much dick. Half the Sermon on the Mount was about wifely submission.

...or is that just in Lori's Bible?

omg, Lori is a bitchy Martha, isn't she?

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to say that it's heretical. Jesus did not die so that woman could stay home. Even if you believe that women should stay home, equating that with the Gospel/"needing Jesus" is straight up heresy, IMO.

LOL on the link. She just got this tree and rushes to assume its sooooo much better than the outdoor trees. Has it produced fruit yet? Time will tell. Sheltered kids won't don't produce fruit I can't imagine is a good thing.  What happens when it outgrows its pot?

Trey has showed up over here:

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2015/08/01/can-a-christian-wife-withhold-sex-as-a-way-to-change-her-husbands-bad-behavior/comment-page-2/#comment-16778

I wondered if it was the same Trey and it only took half a second to tell it is

Trey
MARCH 30, 2017 AT 9:50 AM
I know that I am late to the party here but I do not necessarily see that this husband is sinning in his marriage or against his wife at all based on the statement that Jenn has given. I would need a lot more specific details (and to hear the husbands side of the story) to declare the husband guilty of ANYTHING. She says he “repeatedly shrugs off spiritual leadership in the home, ignores the wife’s emotional needs, treats the wife as a roommate, does NOT consistently do the steps you outlined above (going on dates, upgrading around the house, show any type of affection, etc.) leaves ALL THE PARENTING TO THE WIFE,”

SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP? Her husband has been appointed the spiritual head of his family by God. It is not up to his wife to determine whether he is being a good spiritual leader or not. God gives husband quite a bit of latitude in how they can lead their family and the wife’s personal opinion on the matter is just that, her personal opinion and just because he is not measuring up to HER expectations, does not in and of itself, even come close, to constituting sin.

EMOTIONAL NEEDS – I understand that a husband should talk with his wife and communicate with her and get to know her but to some women, no matter what a man does it’s never enough and that is NOT the mans fault. As I read on another website, one husband told his wife that she had “a Grand Canyon of emotional needs and even if every man in Dallas lined up outside your doorstep, it wouldn’t be enough. Until you look to God to satisfy your emotional needs there’s nothing that I or any other man on the planet can do to satisfy you.” He is right. Also, if every time that he goes to communicate with his wife all he hears are nags, derision and complaints and nothing he ever does is good enough, any man would pull away from that situation. Proverbs has some things to say about those kind of women.

TREATS THE WIFE AS A ROOMMATE? What does that even mean?

DOES NOT GO ON DATE? Maybe you are being disciplined for YOUR poor behavior or maybe your disrespectful, nagging and contentious self are just not pleasant to be around.

SHOW AFFECTION? What man can show affection to a rebellious, demanding, contentious, nagging woman who is constantly telling him that he is not good enough?

UPGRADES AROUND THE HOUSE? Who says you need upgrades? Some women are never satisfied with their home. Nothing is ever good enough and the husband is on a never ending merry go round trying to satisfy his wife’s need to keep up with the Jones instead of her being satisfied and grateful for what she already has. Just because SHE is not satisfied with her home, does not necessarily constitute sin on the part of her husband. Wives deserve (and are owed) the basics, not all of the luxuries.

LEAVES ALL THE PARENTING TO THE WIFE? God has designed the woman for and given her the role of primary caretaker for the children. What specifically are you expecting him to do that he is not doing? Do you expect your husband to go and work all day to support and provide for the family and then come home in the evening and take the kids off of your hands so that you can relax or go and recreate? Again, I would have to see a lot more details before I would claim any wrongdoing on this man at all.

SUMMARY – From my point of view, I just see an opinionated, disrespectful, contentious and controlling woman here who is unhappy she is not getting her way with everything and like so many women, she blames all of her unhappiness on her husband.

17 hours ago, feministxtian said:

But then again, some fundie MALE told me we didn't have a "real" marriage since our finances weren't "combined"...he didn't seem to understand that it's still one pot but has a divider in it. 

Irony:  my ex was a self proclaimed atheist (on old friend coined him an anti-theist due to his attitudes toward religion in general).  We'd split up about 5 years into our marriage and gotten back together.  In the original years we had one joint account.  When we split, we separated everything, I was happy with it like that.  When we got back together, I offered to let the accounts stay as is since it seemed to work.  He threw a huge fit and vehemently told me that if we were going to be married we had to have every single thing joined, period.  Control tactic much?  

Honey and I have separate accounts.  I like it like that, it bugs me some days that bill paying gets a little hairy, but I don't think I could ever relinquish my own funds again.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived