IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

The good night thing at the end... It sounded familiar. I want to say it was from an old cartoon or tv show? But they managed to make it sound 100x creepier.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

They have carpet?! In their bathrooms?! What the actual fuck?! Jesus Christ they could clean that carpet til God comes back and it would never ever be clean enough :puke-front:

It was carpet...like...wrapped around the outside of the tub surround. And stuff everywhere...on every wall...on every surface....so much stuff!!!! I'm allergic to mold, and I swear I was hiving up just watching it! 

10 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The good night thing at the end... It sounded familiar. I want to say it was from an old cartoon or tv show? But they managed to make it sound 100x creepier.

It was the TV show The Waltons. But some kind of high pitched creeptastic version. *shivers*

52 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Did they really get enough money to buy all of that printing equipment? That sort of stuff can go for thousands. I got my BFA in Art and it was hard enough for us (smallish program, major university) to get equipment like that, and when we did it was a huge deal.

This is a mystery over on the J-Rod threads. They admit that they're praying for a four color printer, mentioning a specific model that was somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000 used. Then she says they have nothing but Aunt Jemima in the cupboard and have trouble making ends meet. 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Like the children of the corn? LOL 

8 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

It was the TV show The Waltons. But some kind of high pitched creeptastic version. *shivers*

Thanks! It was driving me nuts trying to remember where it was from lol

Maybe these were posted already, so sorry if that is so. My favorite thing in this pic is the picture of Jim Bob and Michelle. Why is their a picture of JB and M on Derjill's bathroom wall? This was taken in the gifted mcmansion before they left for El Salvador.

16939462_414120822274156_6210836027172467063_n.jpg

16939349_414117535607818_4564794645376985197_n.jpg

The J-Rods can sound scarier than any other fundie I've heard. I don't blame the children because it is clear Jill-Rod makes them talk that way, but they make the Duggars look almost normal. 

My 2 cents, as a licensed cosmetologist:  These bitches need to STOP cutting their headships hair.  FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!  KNOCK. IT. OFF!

Jill looks rather far along in that pic....fishy...what gives Duggars?

4 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

My 2 cents, as a licensed cosmetologist:  These bitches need to STOP cutting their headships hair.  FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!  KNOCK. IT. OFF!

I think she looks like she's an appropriate size for where she's at in her pregnancy. She carried big last time, and her abdominal muscles never really bounced back after the C-section (God I feel weird saying that). I actually have a friend who's currently pregnant with her second, due at the end of August and she looks bigger than Jill!

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think she looks like she's an appropriate size for where she's at in her pregnancy. She carried big last time, and her abdominal muscles never really bounced back after the C-section (God I feel weird saying that). I actually have a friend who's currently pregnant with her second, due at the end of August and she looks bigger than Jill!

Yeah, I suppose that could be the case that she is just carrying bigger.  Based on my own experience with my second, I was big, but I wasn't as stickie outie.  I should probably not judge off my own experiences being pregnant.  Sorry.  Carry on, Jill.  But stay away from DBag's hair!

I scrolled thru the JRod video. I just couldn't watch it. My germaphobic OCD self was cringing the whole time. There's just so much stuff! It all gets dusty and gross. Why clog every possible space with extra shit?

42 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

What's wrong with cutting your spouse's hair?

Just now, VineHeart137 said:

What's wrong with cutting your spouse's hair?

Yeah, I'm not really getting this. Why would he need a professional cut? Who cares? I think Jill should keep cutting his hair on a regular basis. It looks way better now than it did before.

12 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

I'm sorry I also want to add that I  don't get the, "praying for (insert object here)."  Sure I can understand praying that work comes or that you can get an extra shift to pay for said object but it's not a damn santa list!  Get off your biscuit and go work for it!

Quoting to let you know that I'm putting "get off your biscuit" in my daily rotation of awesome shit to say.

31 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, I'm not really getting this. Why would he need a professional cut? Who cares? I think Jill should keep cutting his hair on a regular basis. It looks way better now than it did before.

I understand if you don't agree.  I can say that Jessa in particular does a worse job than Jill.  But, because I've done it for living, I see all the things that need to be corrected.  Also, the Duggars have this tendency to think that learning the bare minimum of anything makes them some sort of an expert at it (Jill's Midwifery), and I find that problematic.  That aspect is the root of my issue with them cutting their headship's hair, but if he enjoys the unkempt appearance, then yes, have at it Jill.

Back to the grifting. If Jill is due in July and being generous, the end of July, then she has 5 months left. I would hope she'd come home 6 weeks before the birth, or the middle of May. That's $24,000 for 3.5 months, or $6857 per month. They can't plan for a whole year, because they don't know what will happen with the birth. So, the money seems to be for the three of them to jaunt back and forth to NWA. I'm guessing that Izzy will need an actual ticket and not be a lap kid any more.

Shameful.

13 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

The Waltons....

2 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

Also a licensed hairdresser...and from the pictures it appears as if she was giving him that old beauty school 5 section haircut, and maybe looking at something, a Youtube how to video maybe?  It doesn't look bad, and honestly, would I want a Duggar in my chair?  LOL, they should keep doing each others hair--I wouldn't wish their brand of crazy (not to mention no tip) on any hairdresser!

26 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Back to the grifting. If Jill is due in July and being generous, the end of July, then she has 5 months left. I would hope she'd come home 6 weeks before the birth, or the middle of May. That's $24,000 for 3.5 months, or $6857 per month. They can't plan for a whole year, because they don't know what will happen with the birth. So, the money seems to be for the three of them to jaunt back and forth to NWA. I'm guessing that Izzy will need an actual ticket and not be a lap kid any more.

Shameful.

Right?  I understand Derrick is gung ho about his faux mission trip, but what is so wrong about waiting until after the baby is born.  He has no regard for Jill if he expects to be flitting back and forth between CA and NWA.  This guy's a jerk.

6 minutes ago, xlurker said:

The Waltons....

Also a licensed hairdresser...and from the pictures it appears as if she was giving him that old beauty school 5 section haircut, and maybe looking at something, a Youtube how to video maybe?  It doesn't look bad, and honestly, would I want a Duggar in my chair?  LOL, they should keep doing each others hair--I wouldn't wish their brand of crazy (not to mention no tip) on any hairdresser!

Yep!  They're cheap.  No way they would tip anything but a bible tract.  Better they keep that at home.

The way they vaguely described "the work" they are doing in CA in their plea for $24k kind of reminds me of a resume that creatively makes work experience sound more impressive than it actually is. Like when my high school students write resumes and change mowing lawns to landscape maintenance manager.

I'm annoyed on so many levels about their request for that kind of money, especially neglecting to share the specifics of what it will fund. Derick was an accountant ffs. And doing this after all the donor complaints they got the first time is just hilarious. Do all the families who go with SOS publicly ask for thousands of dollars?

As far as the risks of returning while pregnant, I seriously doubt they ever had a conversation and decided that if the baby was ill or died because of their trip then they'll use that as a means for more publicity or martyrdom. I really think they are just foolish and naive and think "it won't happen to me."

15 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Oh my that video ending was the most twisted and creepy Waltonsesque thig I didn't need to hear. lol

When I heard The Waltons endings, and I watched the show for years, it never brought to mind someone prowling around with an axe.

Does anyone else think that Derick and Jill might be in debt/financial precarity?

I bet JimBob cut financial support for them because "husbands should provide". This explains Derrick taking on substitute teaching, going to CA to be able to ask for donations etc. 

Since he is obviously a guy to run away from responsibilities, maybe he thinks that hiding in CA will make his debt go away and not admit to his father in law that he broke the Gothard rule about not owing money. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived