IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

Long time lurker; first time poster ... 

How Jinger envisioned her "cheese table":  American cheese slices still in plastic, canned spray cheese, and laughing cow wedges, because they're fancy.  Oh, and a big jar of grated Parmesan ... you know, the Eye-talian touch!  

You'd think these people had never been in a damn grocery store!

My small European brain still cannot comprehend the great American invention namely the canned cheese... or any cheese in liquid form... sorry guys, this is just too much for me - I am not worthy of such nutritional development...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Ah, but Jessa says, "You never know!"  :CLINDOEIL:

We don't know, and we don't care, either.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Can we talk about this screenshot?  Its from the "styling spurgeon" segment that originally aired online in September, shown last night when they didnt have anything else to fill dead space.

wreath.jpg

This does not appear to be in Benessa's house, maybe the "guest house" that J'derick are currently occupying?  There is a wreath hanger on the door, but the wreath is above the changing table... but its odd that there is a "d" on the wreath when Izzy is and "I."  I'm also not sure if those are stairs behind Jessa.

So, either they filmed this waste of time at someone else's house, Jill and Derrick have a weird wreath in their nursery (that we've never seen before), or the new Seeweed baby boy is a D...

I recall this. Jessa stayed at the "guest house" after the pregnancy so the girls could help her adjust after that big scare of losing blood.

Derick's "Israel, your music lesson is almost over."  WTHeck? 

Derick's "Is the appointment over?"    Jill replied back how they just listened to the heartbeat so it really wasn't an appointment.  I got the feeling that Jill will be Jessa's midwife.   Also,  up until he and Jill got married, I liked Derick.  Now I think he is the worst.

Jill's mush mouth while trying to explain what a higher and lower womb heartbeat means. 

"Training two's"?  Really?  Never heard that expression before.   

When Israel was pushing Spurgie around in the walker, Jessa said how Izzy was at a great age for sharing and interacting with others.  Then, at the indoor play place, Jill said how he is at the age where he is protecting his toys and needs to learn how to share. 

Who is the Dugger boy who did his talking heads with Josiah?  Whoever it is, he is getting handsome. 

I know "Counting On" isn't suppose to feature Boob and DQ much, but tt was glaring that J'chelle wasn't with her Jinger while she is putting together her wedding.  This is a time I think most people who watch the show would expect to see DQ.   Its not like she was home schooling the littles during the taste tasting at the home,  as most of the littles  were there in the kitchen trying the sampled foods.  And Cindy is J'chelle's best friend so why shouldn't she want to go along when they went to look over the venues?  Thank goodness Joy was available since she is "wedding planning in training".    

Someone upthread asked about having two venues for the wedding.  They got married in a church but had the reception at another church down the street.  So, the reception wasn't in the same building (or parking lot)  like the other Duggar  weddings have been. 

Someone upthread also asked if Anna looked pregnant and yes, I thought she did.  But I've thought that for awhile now.  I think it may just be stress eating since her husband is home.  She lost a lot of weight while Josh was gone but now she is thicker in the middle. 

Jill indicated that she will be having 4+ kids when she talked about how Anna handles her kids.

Anna talked about how she does the buddy system with Kenzie and Mike.   She calls it "teamwork" so they can get things done more quickly.   

Joy called Jeremy "Babe". 

Spurgie is adorable. 

12 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Jill indicated that she will be having 4+ kids when she talked about how Anna handles her kids.

Of course she will :D  she will go for as many as she can!

19 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Hope you are ok chickenettiluvr? Sorry about the lost popcorn but Thankyou for the giggles.:popcorn:. For you.

That happened to me once with a hot pocket.  I thought it for 1:30.  Nope, it was 13:00 or something.  I walked away while it was being nuked.  A bit later i wondered 1) why it didn't beep 2) what the hell was that sell.  Quite disgusting.

1 hour ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

My small European brain still cannot comprehend the great American invention namely the canned cheese... or any cheese in liquid form... sorry guys, this is just too much for me - I am not worthy of such nutritional development...

Heh, I've got you in reverse:  grew up in the American midwest.  I remember reading "Heidi" where they go on and on about a simple meal of bread and cheese.  To me, bread and cheese = pre sliced American cheese on white sliced bread, maybe with a little mayo.  The kind of nasty sandwich your mom would make when you were totally out of cold cuts or tuna.  First time I went to Europe I learned just how good bread could be.  I think I'd already started to get nicer cheese by that point... my college roommates introduced me to Brie.  

1 hour ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Saw this in a grocery store in Boulder. How can there be a "mild" flavor of Velveeta? Isn't it all bland?

20160801_155448.jpg

4 hours ago, Mela99 said:

As an Italian-american, the thought of that at my wedding is physically painful. I know just because that's the way it is in our family, it may not be that way for the Vuolos.... but shitty food and no wine is a slap in the face to people attending. I wonder if they at least had Jordan almonds. 

Oh I love Jordan almonds.   Have 't had them in forever

long long ago, in a land far away...oops sorry, wrong story. in another life i worked as a preschool teacher in a church. one day the other classes teacher put some popcorn in a microwave, it was in a separate room. and it burned. she didn't notice because she was in the other room, until the fire alarms went off...and when that happens, the really hot firemen come. kind of embarrassing for her, but what a day! we told her to do it again the next week :wink-kitty:

In college the education building was semi attached to the chemistry building. Right before class one day the fire alarms went off. Everyone was griping outside about the darn chemistry students and how they caught something on fire in the labs. Turns out one of the education people burned corndog nuggets in the microwave.

My thoughts:

- Anna looks pregnant 

- I paused the show and counted the cheeses. Jinger had no idea there were nine cheeses in the world?! I get that she might not have been to a fancy cheese shop or even Whole Foods, but even Walmart has that many.

- I think Michelle didn't go to the church to minimize her screen time. It's also possible that it conflicted with important cult or publicity events.

- The kidults' THs constantly show their ignorance. Does that demonstrate the failure of their education in a valuable way, or is it just sad and embarrassing?

- I also had not heard that Michelle's mother had twins. I would have thought that would have come up before.

57 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Who is the Dugger boy who did his talking heads with Josiah?  Whoever it is, he is getting handsome.

I think it's Jason. 

Joy saying "Hi babe" to Jeremy over Jinge's shoulder was my favourite part of the episode (well, the rest was pretty awful anyway :D). You go Joy! I really hope she does not become Jinger 2.0 and start swooning over Austin

5 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Just double checking but if you were to have an afternoon wedding you'd just have a late lunch or early dinner if you were to have a sit down meal correct? But I guess it's a slight improvement.

Also I would be so mad making all this food for free, do we think the Duggars at least gave some money for her to buy said ingredients?

I was surprised with when the producers asked about tips for toddlers that Jana just didn't recite everything she ever used to raise all of her siblings.

To the bolded, that's the part that drives me nuts when it comes to Jessa, or Jill, talking about how "different" it will be once they have two children.  It's like, "Really?  Like y'all don't remember from like four years ago, raising three to four 'buddies' at a time??"  Like okay, I'll give them the segment from last season where Anna came over to help with more "recent" baby proofing ideas, since Josie's like seven, and baby safety guidelines can change quite often.  But this whole, "I don't possibly know how to deal with more than one kid at a time - having a second child will be such a huge adjustment!"  Like come on already.

2 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Holy cow, that was the most boring episode ever! I couldn't post on here last night, because I was finishing my Facebook essay on president Trumps executive order for the Mexico city policy. The Duggers probably had a party. 

Ben is a man-child, who is excited over a water gun, because he had no other talent to offer up at the Flame concert. 

I actually felt bad for Jessa. She had that fake smile plastered on her face down to a science. 

The caterer lady wore pants! Nike! And did anyone notice her son has a camp fort rock, shirt on? Product placement for Joy's in-laws? 

I can't believe if that was actual footage of Jinger walking through the rehearsal and reception planning, and not a recreation for TLC, that her mother wasn't there helping her. Jeez! 

The high point if the show was seeing Anna at the indoor playground. She looked beautiful. Her hair and makeup eye nice, her clothes weren't awful, and she seemed happy. 

I literally feel like if Jessa's culture allowed her to, she'd be giving condescending looks instead of the fake adoration ones.  It's obvious that she's trying to keep sweet, and I'm sure she loves him and all that, but she's painfully and obviously more mature than he is (she knows it, but I don't know if Ben sees it).  I mean, hey, I probably would have fun on a stage with a water gun, too - but that's because I'm an ESFP, lol.  The sad thing is how awkward he is about everything.  I get the sense he's trying, but I'm sure when the cameras aren't rolling, Jessa gives him an almost condescending pat on the head, and says he'll make it eventually (in whatever avenue he's currently exploring), while he's just like, "Aw thanks babe."  She definitely is one of those "he's the head, but I'm the neck" kind of women.  Which I guess is better than 100% submissive abused helpmeet status, but I'd much rather see some equality between the couples (wishful thinking, I know).

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I'm just waiting for idiot Jill, who is always talking about twins, to say, Oh, this baby is Spurgeon's TWIN - but was born later. 

She is so freakin' twin fixated! 

If anyone is going to have twins I hope it's Jinger or Joy - just to take the stupid smirk off  Jessa's smug face. 

In an upcoming episode description, they talk about the "surprising news" at a family check up - and at first, I assumed there's some health news for Derick.  Then I figured a pregnancy reveal mixed in there.  But with that recent picture of Jill at supposedly three months, standing next to Jessa at her baby shower (and I know it could just be angles!), I'm sort of wondering if Jill is pregnant with twins? . . .  or with the whole weirdness/awkwardness surrounding some of the early reactions/talk when Jill first revealed her pregnancy - maybe it started with twins, but now is a singular pregnancy??  I know, I'm speculating widely, but oh well =p

I dunno, to me, speculating on Anna's body and saying she looks pregnant is kinda weird. She's had four kids, she probably doesn't have rock-hard abs. I'm pretty slim, but I carry most of my fat on my stomach, so I've been mistaken for pregnant after a particularly large burrito... Kinda awkward :P

And don't we know it's not twins? Like for realsies, 100%, definitely, absolutely not twins? I feel like constant speculation when you already know the answer is lying. That's not very godly, is it, Jessa?

As the mother of six former two year-olds, I love the expression "training twos." Words are funny things. When you hear it from a Duggar, you assume it has their mad baggage attached to it, and it sounds unnatural and sad; worrisome.

But consider that if you heard it outside of this nutball context as a comparative and loving way to refer to the trying time in toddlers' lives when they are learning how to navigate the larger world, it would sound wholly positive. It's the time when they're learning to form sentences and express direct preferences. They want to touch everything and go places. You do have to train them, of course, it's just that we know it requires patience and positivity, rather than regimentation and fear. In an objective sense, it's a nice phrase. I'm now co-opting it for the greater good.

12 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

As the mother of six former two year-olds, I love the expression "training twos." Words are funny things. When you hear it from a Duggar, you assume it has their mad baggage attached to it, and it sounds unnatural and sad; worrisome.

But consider that if you heard it outside of this nutball context as a comparative and loving way to refer to the trying time in toddlers' lives when they are learning how to navigate the larger world, it would sound wholly positive. It's the time when they're learning to form sentences and express direct preferences. They want to touch everything and go places. You do have to train them, of course, it's just that we know it requires patience and positivity, rather than regimentation and fear. In an objective sense, it's a nice phrase. I'm now co-opting it for the greater good.

When my kid was two I kept telling myself it was a marathon not a sprint.  She is thirteen and I'm still saying it. 

Huge thanks @Buzzard for your recaps!

I'm in the UK, so can't watch (probably best for my blood pressure) but from the talk about last season, it seemed like Joy wasn't Jinger's biggest fan, and was over Jinger's courtship (guessing because Jinger was on the "fast track", while she and Austin was on the slower one) - but is there evidence to back this up?

And re the girl that people are suggesting Joe is courting being under 18 -  when they announced Josiah's courtship with Marjorie, wasn't she under 18?  So I wouldn't see that being a barrier to this girl.

(I do think it's sad that they seem to hang out together, and we're all jumping to courting, rather than the possibility of them being friends - but that's this f-ed up cult, innit?  Women and men aren't allowed to be friends, and even brothers and sisters are stopped from playing together when they get into their teens.  I always find the idea that heterosexual people can never be platonic friends with someone of the opposite sex super-sad, because I've always loved my male friends in my life, and it's one more really valuable thing these poor kidults will never experience.  But as everyone says, no one thinks about sex as much as Fundies do, so how could they possibly imagine a world where a straight man and woman can just like each other? )

In my early childhood education classes, my professor suggested instead of "terrible two's", we should refer to the phase as "terriffic two's" - going along with the whole self fulfilling prophecy thing.  I liked it, and used it often when my kids went through the stage =]  Besides, when you think about it, why shouldn't they act like cocky little fu**ers who can do whatever they want, considering they probably feel like they're amazebells from having survived the first year of growth, learned how to lift their heads, roll, eat, crawl, walk, and talk and grew like two feet in two years.  No wonder they want to test their surroundings to see how much higher they can (literally) climb ;)

*certainly not suggesting you don't - you know - parent your kids, and teach them things, but I'm just trying to say I understand why two year old's act they way they do, when you consider how far they've come from like Day 1 of their life*

Oh, re Joseph courting - I bet there's a lot of pressure to make space in the boys' dorm, especially when they add a new brother and extra kids staying (the Hartonos, that extra guy around before Jinger's wedding).  In that video of Jessa coming in on Xmas day they seemed to have spill-over of boys sleeping in the living room.   They're managing to make space in the girls' dorm, which meant they could do things like move Anna and the M kids in, but while they'll soon have 4 daughters married, they're still only on 1 son.

(I am of the camp that the new houses - that round one, and the one in James' name - are to try to make it easier to hook the sons up with wives.  JD, Joseph, Josiah and the twins are now all over 18, and it must be weird having 5 (technical) adults, plus any randoms, trying to share a room with all those little boys - and any M boys etc etc. 

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Heh, I've got you in reverse:  grew up in the American midwest.  I remember reading "Heidi" where they go on and on about a simple meal of bread and cheese.  To me, bread and cheese = pre sliced American cheese on white sliced bread, maybe with a little mayo.  The kind of nasty sandwich your mom would make when you were totally out of cold cuts or tuna.  First time I went to Europe I learned just how good bread could be.  I think I'd already started to get nicer cheese by that point... my college roommates introduced me to Brie.  

I remember reading Heidi for the first time as a child and fantasizing over that bubbly browned cheese toast. It imprinted on my little mind and now that's the only thing I remember from the book. 

8 hours ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

Long time lurker; first time poster ... 

How Jinger envisioned her "cheese table":  American cheese slices still in plastic, canned spray cheese, and laughing cow wedges, because they're fancy.  Oh, and a big jar of grated Parmesan ... you know, the Eye-talian touch!  

You'd think these people had never been in a damn grocery store!

Well, I hope they forgot to take the paper out from between the cheese slices so the Maxwells could have a chuckle... Since we know they were there. 

I hope they had Babybel.... Wonder how many people tried to eat the red wrapping/rind. 

Jing would flip if she had some Funchi with Edam. Now I want Funchi with Edam. 

So, I'm finally watching the episode.  I didn't hear them actually call that wan a caterer. They said she cooks a lot in large amounts.  Maybe I missed it. I still can't get over the fact that she didn't know any of the names of the pastas and learned rigatoni only because that is Jeremy's favorite.  

Since I knew what to expect from Bin I have to say that I wasn't as embarrassed for him as I thought I'd be. I'm impressed he's a least willing to do something different than the rest of the Duggar Borg collective and that Jessa is willing to go along with him. Flame is clearly just trying to increase his audience but good on Bin for being willing to make an ass of himself. 

I watched this drivel. Actually purchased it on Amazon.($1.99 for flippin SD)

Why'd I do that? I know better.

DJT is making me absolutely apoplectic. I guess I needed a temporary rage focus. 

Again, I am sorry. It won't happen again. Like ever.

Back to Trump making America GREAT again. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived