IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

sorry I’m watching and I have to say Jill you lying lyer.

Joy “they aren’t getting one” on the meal :56247958035f1_32(18):

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After everything JB and Michelle have done, all of the kids deserve the wedding and honeymoon of their dreams. They owe them that much at the very least.

Oh man...thank you @Buzzard for the awesome recapping, and @ChickenettiLuvr, thank you for the burnt popcorn saga! Sorry, but it was far more entertaining than the Duggars lol. 

You have my sympathies btw, my old roomie accidentally set the microwave for 30mins instead of 3mins, then forgot he was microwaving in the first place. Leftover chicken caught fire and melted the inside of the microwave. I can still smell it just thinking about it. 

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Wasn't sure where put this (please redirect me if there's a better place) but I found more possible evidence on the Joe courting subject. The pics were taken at the march for life the Duggars attended this weekend and in the background, you can see Joe with a blonde girl who I'm pretty sure is a Caldwell girl. Joe has of course been spotted with a Caldwell girl on diff. occasions now for months. It's unclear if they're just friends of actually courting. 

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Given that the Caldwell girl is only 17 or just turned 18, I would think they are in a pre-courting = special friend stage.

Thank you @Buzzard for the recap, won't be on in Australia for a while and now I don't have to watch and contribute to ratings numbers.

@Chickenetti you evening sounded much more exciting, Ivote you recap your evening next time counting on is on.  We can vote on which was more exciting.  :my_cool:

9 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Wasn't sure where put this (please redirect me if there's a better place) but I found more possible evidence on the Joe courting subject. The pics were taken at the march for life the Duggars attended this weekend and in the background, you can see Joe with a blonde girl who I'm pretty sure is a Caldwell girl. Joe has of course been spotted with a Caldwell girl on diff. occasions now for months. It's unclear if they're just friends of actually courting. 

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Cuz nothing says "getting to know you" like an anti choice rally!

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Cuz nothing says "getting to know you" like an anti choice rally!

Nothing says "If we get married, I'll control just about everything about you." 

On 1/16/2017 at 9:19 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

What the HECK?  These hillbilly girls don't even understand the need to wear proper shoes to shop in a proper wedding salon.

Hey!  Careful about throwing around hillbilly as a pejorative!!!  Have you seen what some women wear to shop in Kleinfelds?????? 

Jill used the phrase 'training twos' instead of 'terrible twos.' I think it was Pickles' blog ( or DFO ) where someone remarked that the phrase was one the Pearl's used. Does anyone know if that is true?

8 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Jill used the phrase 'training twos' instead of 'terrible twos.' I think it was Pickles' blog ( or DFO ) where someone remarked that the phrase was one the Pearl's used. Does anyone know if that is true?

Ick! Say it ain't so. Although it wouldn't surprise me. 

Without having watched and only seen what's been written here, I think I know what the meal snack situation will be at Joy's wedding.

When the picture of Joe was posted, I saw him in a crowd of people without seeing the accompanying text and thought maybe Joe went to the Flame concert too. Might have been a more acceptable date!

One time in college we tried to make vegan pot brownies, which came out of the oven hard as a rock and the oil not having absorbed into the brownie. We went to microwave a brownie to soften it up, and put it in for 10 minutes in stead of 10 seconds. We also forgot about it (for obvious reasons) and our microwave almost caught fire. That was my first and last vegan cooking experience. 

12 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything on 'training twos' But I did find this heap of shit.  

http://nogreaterjoy.org/video/child-training-101-the-terrible-twos/

JFC fundies are terrible people.  I'm a no nonsense person/mom I didn't put up with temper-tantrums or rude behavior in my children. But I also knew the difference between abusing my kids and setting firm boundaries and being consistent in my parenting, the latter of which I'm convinced is the key to being a good parent. Kids Izzy's age misbehave, it is how they learn to navigate the world beating them into submission isn't going to help them, because they only learn that exploring leads to pain so don't explore. I want to take all these fundy bull shit "parenting" books and light a giant fire.  

12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

So... what happened to the whackadoodle family that isnt a cult?  Replaced already?

Yeah, where are the whackadoodles??

13 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on - could it be twins? (part 1)  

spoiler - no, its not twins.

The "guest house" is now Jill and Derick's house.  Izzy bangs on a piano and they pretend to give him music lessons.  
Jessa is 18 weeks and they're coming over to listen to the heartbeat (Bullshit that they dont have a doppler in every bathroom and 2 in the car)

This made me laugh, snorting coffee up into my sinuses. Ouch. 

Thanks for for the recap, @Buzzard. Always so entertaining.

I haven't watched the Duggars in several years, and it was NEVER as good as your recaps.

I was one of those people who thought they were 'cute' way back. They just weren't out of the QF/Fundamentalist closet yet. In our current political climate, even long before Trump, the godly one, they've erupted and are now swarming. Infestation is at hand.

12 hours ago, nst said:

i swear i heard her say something else in spanish 

i can't rewatch it 

someone else take it for the team 

She said cuidado, which means be careful.

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She said cuidado, which means be careful.

At least she didn't say chingaso :) or cono carajo...(I can't get the tilde over the "n") 

Listening to JIlly speak spanish reminds me of Dora the Explorer. Not sure which is more painful.

Can someone explain the two venue thing for the wedding? Like two reception venues?

1. Jill going back to Sintral America---bwahahahahahahhahhahhaahhah when hell freezes. She is DONE

2. Joe possibly courting--why would they care if she's 18? She's already "graduated" and has a prospect wanting to award her Mrs. Degree

3. Flame and Bin...oh God enough, enough already Dimbulb is just not interesting and Flame is a joke. I even listen to Christian radio--has anyone ever heard his stuff on the radio??

4. Wedding..........Remember when the Bates measured out Ranch for the reception? 2 Tablespoons per person? Yeah.

5. "Training Twos" is all she's ever heard. Children are a blessing--they are never "Terrible." And training is what parents do. You TRAIN them UP, remember?

6. Just when you think it can't get more boring,,,it does. Kudos to Buzzard for staying awake. Burt popcorn and rescue ferrets are far more interesting than Bin, Jilly Muffin and pretend midwives. Hard to imagine another show in which people cheer vomit because it means something might actually happen.

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

If they wanted an evening wedding, why not just have an evening wedding?  Why have to stage it?

Because $ for dinner.  

A friend's daughter had an evening (7p) wedding.   They served really nice hors d-oeuvres.   

Duggars can't do that because that is um, like French food and they don't like foreign foods.   :Bazinga:

14 hours ago, nst said:

she so doesn't want to be there it was so painful to watch - and her being out of her element is because she is ingrained in the cult 

so she will be always be out of her element 

Ben just needs a storyline and this seems to be a logical one?  

I agree, Jessa reminded me of all the choir performance for my two kids. I was thinking, Grrrr, another one. But I smiled and went, every time. She reminds me of a mother trying to keep her kid happy but really isn't too good at it. I was waiting for her to turn her head towards the window and bite her knuckle.  Ben is doing stuff that he should have been doing before he got married. He just looks foolish now.  I can only imagine what Jim Bob and Michelle think about him dragging her off to a concert, albeit, a Christian concert. All the other kids remarking about staying with the family and playing music, I would go berserk I do believe.

7 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

1. Jill going back to Sintral America---bwahahahahahahhahhahhaahhah when hell freezes. She is DONE

2. Joe possibly courting--why would they care if she's 18? She's already "graduated" and has a prospect wanting to award her Mrs. Degree

3. Flame and Bin...oh God enough, enough already Dimbulb is just not interesting and Flame is a joke. I even listen to Christian radio--has anyone ever heard his stuff on the radio??

4. Wedding..........Remember when the Bates measured out Ranch for the reception? 2 Tablespoons per person? Yeah.

5. "Training Twos" is all she's ever heard. Children are a blessing--they are never "Terrible." And training is what parents do. You TRAIN them UP, remember?

6. Just when you think it can't get more boring,,,it does. Kudos to Buzzard for staying awake. Burt popcorn and rescue ferrets are far more interesting than Bin, Jilly Muffin and pretend midwives. Hard to imagine another show in which people cheer vomit because it means something might actually happen.

Finally someone who actually listens to christian radio and has never heard of Flame 

proves to me it was all TLC inspired and paid for 

Jinger can't hold anything wedding related and first i was surprised Michelle wasn't there and then I realize why would she do it for the 3rd time...love the fact they didn't even say where the mother was.. Elephant 

Finally someone who actually listens to christian radio and has never heard of Flame 
proves to me it was all TLC inspired and paid for 
Jinger can't hold anything wedding related and first i was surprised Michelle wasn't there and then I realize why would she do it for the 3rd time...love the fact they didn't even say where the mother was.. Elephant 

I work in the sound tech department for a megachurch. I spend 40+ hours a week surrounded by people who listen to nothing but Christian music - of all varieties. Not a single one of them has heard of Flame beyond this ridiculous show.

I envision the following conversation happening at some point, if not already:

Ben: How are you married and don't have kids yet?

Flame: We use condoms because we aren't ready for kids.

Ben: :huh: what's dat?

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived