IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, Scribber said:

I work in the sound tech department for a megachurch. I spend 40+ hours a week surrounded by people who listen to nothing but Christian music - of all varieties. Not a single one of them has heard of Flame beyond this ridiculous show.

I'm imagining the conversation:

"Hey, uh, have any of you heard of a guy called Flame? The Christian rapper?"

"Doesn't ring a bell. Where did you hear about him?"

"...nowhere."

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2017 at 8:42 AM, SamiKatz said:

TLC must be making money from their show, or it wouldn't be on TV.  Seeing the positive comments/messages the Duggar family gets on their FB and blog pages, there seems to be a lot of people out there who like/support both them and their lifestyle, unfortunately.

That's because the ban anyone who makes a negative comment from posting there.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything on 'training twos' But I did find this heap of shit.  

http://nogreaterjoy.org/video/child-training-101-the-terrible-twos/

Yup, thats the pearls!  The ONLY hope that I have is that she didnt take Izzy out of the car when he was naughty.  I think in normal Pearlville he would have been taken out and beaten immediately for pushing mer.  The same likely goes for Anna and the M'kids bringing toys on the slide when they were told not to.

Long time lurker; first time poster ... 

How Jinger envisioned her "cheese table":  American cheese slices still in plastic, canned spray cheese, and laughing cow wedges, because they're fancy.  Oh, and a big jar of grated Parmesan ... you know, the Eye-talian touch!  

You'd think these people had never been in a damn grocery store!

Just now, Buzzard said:

Yup, thats the pearls!  The ONLY hope that I have is that she didnt take Izzy out of the car when he was naughty.  I think in normal Pearlville he would have been taken out and beaten immediately for pushing mer.  The same likely goes for Anna and the M'kids bringing toys on the slide when they were told not to.

I wish I could have your confidence.  The Duggars are smarter than that and have been filming with toddlers for over a decade.  I have no doubt that discipline around the camera crew is different from discipline when they aren't there. 

1 minute ago, imokit said:

I wish I could have your confidence.  The Duggars are smarter than that and have been filming with toddlers for over a decade.  I have no doubt that discipline around the camera crew is different from discipline when they aren't there. 

I have no doubt that they are abusive towards these poor kids, but its interesting that they atleast know what types of abuse are viewed as "too much" for the television audience.

6 minutes ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

How Jinger envisioned her "cheese table":  American cheese slices still in plastic, canned spray cheese, and laughing cow wedges, because they're fancy.  Oh, and a big jar of grated Parmesan ... you know, the Eye-talian touch!  

I also really loved that the "caterer" brought store bought cheese with the bar codes still on it and pickles out of a can.  Why do I need a caterer if all they are doing is buying shit at aldi?  Even sierra makes chocolate covered things herself!

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I also really loved that the "caterer" brought store bought cheese with the bar codes still on it and pickles out of a can.  Why do I need a caterer if all they are doing is buying shit at aldi?  Even sierra makes chocolate covered things herself!

Yes! That was so foolish and they were turning up their noses at it. Not shocking that they don't know good cheese but I was so irritated! 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I'm guessing they mean she is a caterer in the same sense that Derrick is a missionary, Jill is a midwife & Sierra is a party planer. 

12 minutes ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

As an Italian-american, the thought of that at my wedding is physically painful. I know just because that's the way it is in our family, it may not be that way for the Vuolos.... but shitty food and no wine is a slap in the face to people attending. I wonder if they at least had Jordan almonds. 

Just double checking but if you were to have an afternoon wedding you'd just have a late lunch or early dinner if you were to have a sit down meal correct? But I guess it's a slight improvement.

Also I would be so mad making all this food for free, do we think the Duggars at least gave some money for her to buy said ingredients?

I was surprised with when the producers asked about tips for toddlers that Jana just didn't recite everything she ever used to raise all of her siblings.

So, maybe this has been answered before, but why do they only say "expecting" and not pregnant? It annoys me and reminds me of 50's TV when they couldn't say pregnant. Forgive me if this has been asked previously.

On 20 januari 2017 at 5:34 AM, feministxtian said:

I think J'shelle is heavily medicated these days. The amount of "out of it" she displays has to be drug induced. Don't know what kind of cocktail she's on, but it must be some heavy duty shit. Ordinary meds don't do that...(full disclosure, I take Lexapro and Xanax when needed). She looks like me on a double dose of Xanax...COMPLETELY out of it (only by accident once)...or maybe Trazadone.

Girlfriend is coming apart at the seams. 

She could also be depressed. When one's having depression it is hard to get the energy to socialize, to listen, to engage in anything, even to smile... I know from firsthand experience. 

My puppy wanted you all to know ...

She had SMOKED lamb for dinner last night because her stupid mom forgot to move her dish out of the kitchen.  So sorry, pup pup.

And for the record-- We both had a poor night's sleep thanks to smokiness. I'm paying for it all today with an asthma attack and a nasty headache. 

Also thanks to poor air quality, I was still awake and caught the replay of last night's episode. 'Twasn't any better the second time around.  Serious chocolate kudos to @Buzzard.

I'm a mean old lady but when Jessa said she felt out of place (out of her element? Comfort zone?) at the fair, I thought, "What? Not enough mirrors?"

@Queen, I've only watched seconds, literally, of the latest 2 episodes, but as a chronic depressive who's lived with and without meds, my personal vote would be in the "Meechelle is medicated" camp. Granted, it could be medication for depression, but my personal, limited experience* is that unmedicated depressed people don't smile constantly and use baby voice when talking to peers (Mrs. Vuolo in the minivan).

*limited to my own experience, and dealing with a parent, 2 children and a friend. The friend died of suicide. 

Can we talk about this screenshot?  Its from the "styling spurgeon" segment that originally aired online in September, shown last night when they didnt have anything else to fill dead space.

wreath.jpg

This does not appear to be in Benessa's house, maybe the "guest house" that J'derick are currently occupying?  There is a wreath hanger on the door, but the wreath is above the changing table... but its odd that there is a "d" on the wreath when Izzy is and "I."  I'm also not sure if those are stairs behind Jessa.

So, either they filmed this waste of time at someone else's house, Jill and Derrick have a weird wreath in their nursery (that we've never seen before), or the new Seeweed baby boy is a D...

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Without having watched and only seen what's been written here, I think I know what the meal snack situation will be at Joy's wedding.

When the picture of Joe was posted, I saw him in a crowd of people without seeing the accompanying text and thought maybe Joe went to the Flame concert too. Might have been a more acceptable date!

One time in college we tried to make vegan pot brownies, which came out of the oven hard as a rock and the oil not having absorbed into the brownie. We went to microwave a brownie to soften it up, and put it in for 10 minutes in stead of 10 seconds. We also forgot about it (for obvious reasons) and our microwave almost caught fire. That was my first and last vegan cooking experience. 

I love how this was your first/last *vegan* cooking experience.  ;-)

The wreath looks like something that someone would have given Jill at her baby shower for Izzy. I could see them wanting to film at J&D's house since it's bigger. That entire scene was ridiculous. 

I finally watched last night's episode. Some random thoughts...

I am glad that at least the time of Jinger's wedding wasn't dinner time. I'm ok with only appetizers/desserts at a reception if it's not during meal time. 

The phrase "training twos" makes me want to vomit. 

Poor Anna is really in the thick of it, and that's on top of everything else she's dealing with. For so many reasons, I hope it is a very long time before she has another baby. 

The look on Jessa's face while Bin rapped in car was pretty priceless. 

3 hours ago, Scribber said:

I work in the sound tech department for a megachurch. I spend 40+ hours a week surrounded by people who listen to nothing but Christian music - of all varieties. Not a single one of them has heard of Flame beyond this ridiculous show.

I am so glad we have the truth here on FJ - so Flame is TLC's bitch as well 

again it must have been a pool within humpers or random actors like on that show Witney ie Lennie 

15 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Just watched and Jessa definitely said that her mom's mom had 2 sets of twins and her mom had 2 sets of twins.  Never knew that Michelle had siblings who were twins.  That does give her daughters a higher than usual chance of having twins, not that Jessa is having twins this time around.

Ah, but Jessa says, "You never know!"  :CLINDOEIL:

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Can we talk about this screenshot?  Its from the "styling spurgeon" segment that originally aired online in September, shown last night when they didnt have anything else to fill dead space.

This does not appear to be in Benessa's house, maybe the "guest house" that J'derick are currently occupying?  There is a wreath hanger on the door, but the wreath is above the changing table... but its odd that there is a "d" on the wreath when Izzy is and "I."  I'm also not sure if those are stairs behind Jessa.

So, either they filmed this waste of time at someone else's house, Jill and Derrick have a weird wreath in their nursery (that we've never seen before), or the new Seeweed baby boy is a D...

since this was filmed months ago I think before she was pregnant - I doubt the baby had a name yet.  I could be wrong if someone wants to locate the original date it was played :D

15 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Ah, but Jessa says, "You never know!"  :CLINDOEIL:

she says that endlessly 

I'm just waiting for idiot Jill, who is always talking about twins, to say, Oh, this baby is Spurgeon's TWIN - but was born later. 

She is so freakin' twin fixated! 

If anyone is going to have twins I hope it's Jinger or Joy - just to take the stupid smirk off  Jessa's smug face. 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm guessing they mean she is a caterer in the same sense that Derrick is a missionary, Jill is a midwife & Sierra is a party planer. 

And Michelle is Mother of the Year.

Holy cow, that was the most boring episode ever! I couldn't post on here last night, because I was finishing my Facebook essay on president Trumps executive order for the Mexico city policy. The Duggers probably had a party. 

Ben is a man-child, who is excited over a water gun, because he had no other talent to offer up at the Flame concert. 

I actually felt bad for Jessa. She had that fake smile plastered on her face down to a science. 

The caterer lady wore pants! Nike! And did anyone notice her son has a camp fort rock, shirt on? Product placement for Joy's in-laws? 

I can't believe if that was actual footage of Jinger walking through the rehearsal and reception planning, and not a recreation for TLC, that her mother wasn't there helping her. Jeez! 

The high point if the show was seeing Anna at the indoor playground. She looked beautiful. Her hair and makeup eye nice, her clothes weren't awful, and she seemed happy. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived