IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translation from fundie speak:

"We do respect your right to make different choices!"

We will fight tooth and nail to strip everyone who isn't like us from their rights and freedoms. And we will doing it all while claiming that taking rights from others is actually freedom.

Trump is not a perfect person and has made many wrong choices in the past

We do not care about anything he does or did because as long as he says he will strip women, gay people and other religions of equality. Plus, our own teachings blame a four year old for being molested, so it isn't like we actually care about innocent people getting hurt. 

We are praying that he will begin to show kindness to those who feel mistreated

Key point her, noticed she didn't say those who ARE mistreated, just those who FEEL mistreated. She isn't going to admit that there are lots of people who will be mistreated during a Trumpence presidency. Pence is already bragging about how he will oppress gay people.  And fundies view taking rights from gay people or Muslim people as being kind, so her definition of kindness and the definition that most people have are totally different. 

and we pray for God to intervene and heal our land from the prejudices, the crime, the hatred, the violence, the injustice, the sins and other things that have turned us from a nation that was known around the world as God fearing and kind. 

We want to go back to the days when white Christians ran everything.

Kelly is good at saying things in such a way that is distracts from her actual beliefs. 

Thanks for the fantastic breakdown there,@formergothardite!

That's a really good point about how she turned people's grievances back on them by saying they "feel" mistreated, like they can fix it by changing their perspective. Smh.

i feel bad for these fundies, thinking that by getting trump in they're going to make the world better. they're just going to be as screwed as the rest of us. he doesn't give a shit about the conservatives, just $$$$

If Kelly really wanted all of those things, she wouldn't have voted for Trump, seeing as he advocates the exact opposite of all of those things. Notice she didn't mention the top reason they voted for him- saving all those fetuses. 

15 minutes ago, mstee said:

Notice she didn't mention the top reason they voted for him- saving all those fetuses. 

Which oddly Trump apparently really cares nothing about.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

i feel bad for these fundies, thinking that by getting trump in they're going to make the world better. they're just going to be as screwed as the rest of us. he doesn't give a shit about the conservatives, just $$$$

Trump isn't conservative, but Pence sure as hell is. Pence is who they voted for and who will most likely be running things. No way Trump is going to do all the tedious president work. So if Pence is able to get his way the fundies will be happy because he is all about taking away rights from women and minority groups. 

Pence is a YEC fundie and one of the ways Trump was able to lure in fundamental Christians. So we are going to get a fundie pushing fundie legislation while Trump throws tantrums and paints everything gold. 

I don't feel a tiny bit bad for them if they also get hurt in all this because their goal was to hurt others as much as possible. 

Mike Pence will NOT be running things for multiple reasons. The Vice President doesn't do anything! They are really only there in case the president can not be. Secondly, Trump is the type who likes to run things and be in charge. No way he will give his power to the VP. The only reason the VP pick is a "big deal" is because they try to find an opposite candidate in the same party to draw in the others that are pissed about the nominee. 

1 hour ago, crazysnark said:

Mike Pence will NOT be running things for multiple reasons. The Vice President doesn't do anything! They are really only there in case the president can not be. Secondly, Trump is the type who likes to run things and be in charge. No way he will give his power to the VP. The only reason the VP pick is a "big deal" is because they try to find an opposite candidate in the same party to draw in the others that are pissed about the nominee. 

That's not a very convincing argument after we all lived through 8 years of the Dick Cheney presidency. . . oops, I mean the Bush presidency. 

Please keep the political discussions in "A Quiverfull of Politics". This is not a rule, this is a request! Curious, aka the site-owner, asked that we keep political discussions in the relevant sub-forums. So, let's...eff it, I have a head-cold, so please just do what she says, okay?

8 hours ago, Munichnark said:

Whatever happened to the bit in the Bible that clearly states "do not be like the hypocrites, who pray in public"??

Hypocrite is a synonym for fundies. You can find pictures of all major fundie families in the dictionary under hypocrites as well as crazy. :P  

On 11/11/2016 at 4:27 AM, season of life said:

I do think it ties into education. If Whitney took a single political science course in college or exposed herself to actual facts, she would quickly learn that things he promised are not truly realistic or remotely possible, like Mexico paying for a wall. She saw pro-life and decided it was good enough for her.

Plenty of people with a college education voted for Trump, for whatever reason. For Whitney and the Bates, I think abortion would have come out on top regardless.

I don't know why, but I keep forgetting about Tori and her boyfriend and Alyssa's pregnancy. I think Jinger's wedding overshadowed them. Kind of like her courtship/engagement news. I predict a pregnancy announcement from Jinger or Jill will overshadow Webster #2's birth in January.

59 minutes ago, season of life said:

I don't know why, but I keep forgetting about Tori and her boyfriend and Alyssa's pregnancy. I think Jinger's wedding overshadowed them. Kind of like her courtship/engagement news. I predict a pregnancy announcement from Jinger or Jill will overshadow Webster #2's birth in January.

Or Anna. That would be shocking wouldn't it? I keep forgetting about Tori's boyfriend and Alyssa being pregnant as well. Although, Alyssa wont have an never ending pregnancy ala Jill Dillard so that's a good thing. 

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

The irony of depriving your kids of that very same experience you seem to treasure so much, it burns.

This, x 100000!!!!  It feels like it's just rubbing it in, esp as the sistermums will be 100% in charge while she's away.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

The irony of depriving your kids of that very same experience you seem to treasure so much, it burns.

I treasure these experiences but you will never have them because of our decision to go into a cult. How very fair of Kelly. 

This doesn't actually have anything to do with the Bates other than Kelly's past promotion of Ezzo... but I am HORRIFIED. I was just scrolling my normal, non-fundie instagram and an acquaintance who just had a baby posts a photo of her coffee and a copy of BabyWise with the caption "Rainy day reading. So great." It's followed by 50-ish comments of all her mommy friends like "YASSS," "SO. GOOD." "Go girl!" 

GUYS WHEN DID BABY ABUSE BECOME NORMAL?! AND WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE SEE IT'S ABUSE?! Babies died from that shit. I am tempted to post links to all the associated baby deaths but I don't know her well enough and I'm already crazy enough. 

I'm convinced some people commenting have no clue as to what the Bateses are referencing half the time. I can't bring myself to believe there are that many idiots.

22 hours ago, Casserole said:

This doesn't actually have anything to do with the Bates other than Kelly's past promotion of Ezzo... but I am HORRIFIED. I was just scrolling my normal, non-fundie instagram and an acquaintance who just had a baby posts a photo of her coffee and a copy of BabyWise with the caption "Rainy day reading. So great." It's followed by 50-ish comments of all her mommy friends like "YASSS," "SO. GOOD." "Go girl!" 

GUYS WHEN DID BABY ABUSE BECOME NORMAL?! AND WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE SEE IT'S ABUSE?! Babies died from that shit. I am tempted to post links to all the associated baby deaths but I don't know her well enough and I'm already crazy enough. 

I feel sick now. This is f* horrible.

On 11/14/2016 at 11:43 AM, Carm_88 said:

Or Anna. That would be shocking wouldn't it? I keep forgetting about Tori's boyfriend and Alyssa being pregnant as well. Although, Alyssa wont have an never ending pregnancy ala Jill Dillard so that's a good thing. 

There's some speculation that Anna is already pregnant. 

On 11/15/2016 at 10:07 AM, Casserole said:

Reading a book doesn't mean you have to follow every single piece of advice in it to the point of killing your baby. I know the history of Baby Wise, and I know people who've used it, none abused or nearly killed their kids with it. Everyone I know that used it, used it for the basic sleep, eat, play cycle that is pretty common advice everywhere.

On 14.11.2016 at 6:43 PM, Carm_88 said:

Anna would be really schocking, but it wouldn't be such a big suprise IMHO. And it would probably keep the gravy train coming, since there isn't bad PR. And people magazine probably would be all over it.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but maybe a quick BEC rant.

Nathan bothers me so much! Everyone hates on Lawson, and dude has an ego...but Nathan! We saw in the flashback Thanksgiving episode kind of playing dirty in the family football game. We also saw him trying to play dirty at the basketball camp they went to. Maybe these are minor things, and kind of silly to pick on in the grand scheme of the cult, but I just feel like he's an entitled prick. /rant

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived