IGNORED

Counting On Part 11

Destiny

1 hour ago, Kira said:

I predict that they'll be another courtship announced before the season premiere.

:doh:

I wouldn't be surprised if JD, Joseph and Josiah are courting. I find the omission of Jana suspicious. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2016 at 3:54 PM, Larry said:

Maybe Siah is back with Marjorie...im not judging her timing but... well she did seem to like the cameras. If it is true about John and Joe as well  then what the hell are they going to do with Jana? Even if it is her choice to be single, her situation is getting really depressing.

Well, TLC did add the qualifer COULD BE when referring to relationships of the three male kidults. I think it's nothing more than a teaser, and that they're just going to be background noise upgrading the treehouse. 

37 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Well, TLC did add the qualifer COULD BE when referring to relationships of the three male kidults. I think it's nothing more than a teaser, and that they're just going to be background noise upgrading the treehouse. 

Yeah your right, it most likely is just a teaser, I wonder why they didn't just add Jana to that list. Although of course Jana can't seek a relationship she has to wait for God to send her someone Boob approved.

Hopefully though they are just going to leave her alone this season and let her fade into the background like they used to do in 19 kids.

7 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah your right, it most likely is just a teaser, I wonder why they didn't just add Jana to that list. Although of course Jana can't seek a relationship she has to wait for God to send her someone Boob approved.

Hopefully though they are just going to leave her alone this season and let her fade into the background like they used to do in 19 kids.

Or maybe Jana IS in a relationship so she couldn't be described as "could be"... :boom:

15 hours ago, beepy13 said:

Tinder for fundies...now what would that look like??

The opposite of bumble, where only the men get to start a conversation

18 hours ago, beepy13 said:

Tinder for fundies...now what would that look like??

No picture of the girl. Just young men and fathers swiping left or right based on favorite bible verses and the young man's answers to a standard 5 page questionnaire.

23 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

No picture of the girl. Just young men and fathers swiping left or right based on favorite bible verses and the young man's answers to a standard 5 page questionnaire.

Ha, and they'd get each answer one at a time, and only get the next one if they swiped right!

Disagree re no pictures of the girl, though - the cattle market element requires photos of her, especially to check her modesty standards!

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

Ha, and they'd get each answer one at a time, and only get the next one if they swiped right!

Disagree re no pictures of the girl, though - the cattle market element requires photos of her, especially to check her modesty standards!

So true. We all know God would never lay it on their hearts to pick one that wasn't conventionally pretty. I mean one that doesn't have a Godly countenance.

From the photos I've seen I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy have actually chosen their contact rules for courting and engagement as opposed to toeing the party line.

I can see why completely virginal dudes in this cult are scared of front hugs. Their entire life they've been told they are just sexual monsters waiting to be unleashed against their will by the slightest hint of cleavage or sexual touch. They don't know that a hug and hand-holding can be non-sexual and are probably scared of going too far with something that they don't know. Hence the no contact rules.

Because Jeremy has some experience, he knows that he can freaking control himself if Jinger front hugs him in a way that the dudes who have never touched a girl don't. So hopefully he sees through all that bullshit.

I think they will probably still wait to kiss on their wedding day so that Jinger can be as holy as her sisters. 

4 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I can see why completely virginal dudes in this cult are scared of front hugs. Their entire life they've been told they are just sexual monsters waiting to be unleashed against their will by the slightest hint of cleavage or sexual touch. They don't know that a hug and hand-holding can be non-sexual and are probably scared of going too far with something that they don't know. Hence the no contact rules.

Because Jeremy has some experience, he knows that he can freaking control himself if Jinger front hugs him in a way that the dudes who have never touched a girl don't. So hopefully he sees through all that bullshit.

I think they will probably still wait to kiss on their wedding day so that Jinger can be as holy as her sisters. 

Agreed. The amount of self-loathing put on these kids is crazy. You're a man? Well, sorry, buddy, but you're just a horny sex-monster who has to be restrained until marriage. You're a woman? Well, if the aforementioned horny sex-monster slips up, it's 100% your fault for not being modest enough. I'd be terrified, too. Not wanting to pry, here, but I wonder how many fundie couples experience vaginismus or other similar conditions on their wedding nights. That amount of negativity surrounding sexuality has to have some effect. I'd be interested to see the statistics.

1 minute ago, MargaretElliott said:

Agreed. The amount of self-loathing put on these kids is crazy. You're a man? Well, sorry, buddy, but you're just a horny sex-monster who has to be restrained until marriage. You're a woman? Well, if the aforementioned horny sex-monster slips up, it's 100% your fault for not being modest enough. I'd be terrified, too. Not wanting to pry, here, but I wonder how many fundie couples experience vaginismus or other similar conditions on their wedding nights. That amount of negativity surrounding sexuality has to have some effect. I'd be interested to see the statistics.

I went to fundie lite youth group from 7th grade into high school and went to an EXTREMELY liberal small college. And I waited to have sex until I was married because I was worried that I would still feel guilty. And that was just from a few years of youth group. My family is Catholic. But more the eating and drinking kind, not the church-going kind. I wasn't getting any weird sex things from them (other than just no one speaking about it)

I can't even imagine what these poor people go through with their parents and relatives and brothers and sisters all spouting the same awful shit at you from the moment you are born until the day you are married.

Can someone help me follow the bouncing ball of logic because my brain just cant do it.

Jeremy has sinned.  He has touched skin, kissed, seen the prohibited parts of a woman... probably had sex... and because he is now a "good boy" and preaches he's all clean and good enough for a Duggarette.

Holding hands is only for engaged people.  Kissing leads to sin.  They cannot be alone because they may jump eachother. They cannot have private conversations because... I dont know... phone sex?

If this man, who has done the dirty, can profess his faith in jebus and be "clean" how can he not be trusted to kiss?  I can totally understand the "no sex" thing, but the other prohibitions, when youre dealing with someone who's already done it, just make no sense to me.

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

The promo says brand new courtships (just like the Bates' promo), but you could be right. 

12 hours ago, Purrl said:

Or maybe Jana IS in a relationship so she couldn't be described as "could be"... :boom:

I was thinking the same thing. Jana did that banana bread video for TLC, so I think she will be on the show. Jana in a courtship or engaged would be a big surprise before the season starts .

22 minutes ago, Kira said:

The promo says brand new courtships (just like the Bates' promo), but you could be right.

I was thinking the same thing. Jana did that banana bread video for TLC, so I think she will be on the show. Jana in a courtship or engaged would be a big surprise before the season starts .

Particularly since TLC could probably stretch that storyline out over 2 seasons alone!

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

He's certainly less likely to find brief hugs and moments of affection instantly arousing. That seems like a plus. As well, on honeymoon night, a less swift catch-and-release program is at least physically likely.

I will confess to wondering if boys like the Duggars fear arousal. I mean, if they are made to feel bad for even having erections, or if, because they're males and women are just a big ol' continual temptation, they're taught that every erection is some female's fault, even the spontaneous middle of the night ones.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

We still don't know what Jana didn't see coming in the last promo.

I think it was going to be the courtship of Jinger and Jeremy but that they decided not to show it/announce it for one or more of the following reasons:

• Jeremy had not officially proposed and so there was fear the courtship would fizzle.
  • There was some contract/clearance/remuneration connected to Jeremy that was not worked out by the time of the final show (where he would otherwise have appeared for the first time).
  • Jinger and Jeremy wanted privacy for a little longer.
  • Jeremy didn't want things announced until he had clearance from the church that was ordaining him.
  • It was decided to save the announcement to promote the new season instead of ending the last one.

But I could be wrong.  Maybe what she didn't see coming was that they would have yet another season or that JD has found a girl in Alaska and is moving out there in spite of JB's objections. (The delay is because they are still fighting it out.). ;) 

When Anna and Jessa kept going on and on AND ON(because TLC told them to) about the girls courting when they went to Branson, they did say a few times that there could be 1 or even 2 married girls before next year. They hid Jinger extemely well so who knows. If it ends up being Joy im done with everything lol.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Can someone help me follow the bouncing ball of logic because my brain just cant do it.

Jeremy has sinned.  He has touched skin, kissed, seen the prohibited parts of a woman... probably had sex... and because he is now a "good boy" and preaches he's all clean and good enough for a Duggarette.

Holding hands is only for engaged people.  Kissing leads to sin.  They cannot be alone because they may jump eachother. They cannot have private conversations because... I dont know... phone sex?

If this man, who has done the dirty, can profess his faith in jebus and be "clean" how can he not be trusted to kiss?  I can totally understand the "no sex" thing, but the other prohibitions, when youre dealing with someone who's already done it, just make no sense to me.

The whole "committing adultery in the heart thing" (or in this case, fornication). Kissing, in their minds, might lead them to THINK about sex, which is basically as bad as committing it to them.

On 7/29/2016 at 4:09 PM, backyard sylph said:

He's certainly less likely to find brief hugs and moments of affection instantly arousing. That seems like a plus. As well, on honeymoon night, a less swift catch-and-release program is at least physically likely.

I will confess to wondering if boys like the Duggars fear arousal. I mean, if they are made to feel bad for even having erections, or if, because they're males and women are just a big ol' continual temptation, they're taught that every erection is some female's fault, even the spontaneous middle of the night ones.

I had an Embassy Media subscription for a while and Jim Bob on his last video with Michelle talks about the boys needing to constantly fast to help control their unrighteous desires and that he does it with them for support. It's their accountability thing. They come for help, and then they start fasting. 

18 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I had an Embassy Media subscription for a while and Jim Bob on his last video with Michelle talks about the boys needing to constantly fast to help control their unrighteous desires and that he does it with them for support. It's their accountability thing. They come for help, and then they start fasting. 

Eww. Poor boys.

Friendly reminder: This is just a pre-emptive reminder. Please do not speculate on the sex lives and/or sexuality of children or adults still living at home. If you're unsure, please refer to the rules. Thank you for understanding!

• Curious locked this topic

Archived