IGNORED

Counting On- Part 10: Counting out in Central America!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/22/2016 at 2:13 PM, trisprefect said:

I'm actually really shocked that JB hasn't managed to finagle a courtship for one of his adult children since Counting On has been on the air. History has taught us that the only thing that consistently gets ratings for the Duggars are babies and engagements/weddings. He can't control when his married children conceive, but he can marry off his adult children. They must be having a really hard time finding any takers to join the Duggar circus, especially when compared with the Bates, who have been successfully marrying off their adult children at a fairly consistent pace. It's sort of strange that out of Jana (26), JD (26), Jinger (22), Joe (21), Josiah (19), and Joy-Anna (18), there have been no interested parties.

On the bolded:   Don't give him any ideas!   Remember the bed buying and putting it in the bedroom for one of the kidults?    HE was referring to his grandchildren being made RIGHT THERE.   

7 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

On the bolded:   Don't give him any ideas!   Remember the bed buying and putting it in the bedroom for one of the kidults?    HE was referring to his grandchildren being made RIGHT THERE.   

I find it strange JB gave up his dream of giving off parcels of his land to his kids and creating one gigantic compound of Duggars. Do we know why that fizzled out? I know Derick and Jill got away for the time being but he could always get Ben and Jessa over there. Would be a shorter commute for Bin.

47 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I find it strange JB gave up his dream of giving off parcels of his land to his kids and creating one gigantic compound of Duggars. Do we know why that fizzled out? I know Derick and Jill got away for the time being but he could always get Ben and Jessa over there. Would be a shorter commute for Bin.

With Boy Ben talking about having aspirations of being an "inner city preacher" even he and his headship (I do think Jessa wears the figurative pants) may leave Tiny Town.

Why would anyone who has seen the world, even in the warped bubble in which the young Duggars saw the world, ever want to live on a compound in Arkansas with their parents, in-laws and siblings?   

In 15 years, I see five Duggars in the house.   JB, Michelle, Josh, Jana and Josie, with Josie in complete control of them all like the Twilight Zone cornfield kid.  

39 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I don't think he has necessarily given up the dream.  He may just be waiting until the married children can afford/are ready to build their own houses.

On 5/24/2016 at 6:08 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Oh but if she actually has a child with that it will proove her godliness.:pb_lol:

Either way, she's convinced that god thinks she's awesome. No Zika--god intervened to give her a healthy baby despite horrible odds.  Zika affected baby--she's a perfect martyr Christ and wins the heavenly lottery because she's such a great example to us pro-choice heathens. And even better, she's guaranteed TLC/People/GMA money. 

50 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Either way, she's convinced that god thinks she's awesome. No Zika--god intervened to give her a healthy baby despite horrible odds.  Zika affected baby--she's a perfect martyr Christ and wins the heavenly lottery because she's such a great example to us pro-choice heathens. And even better, she's guaranteed TLC/People/GMA money. 

OH MY THOR... I never thought of the publicity she'd get!! Jillymuffin will be on the cover of People for WEEKS if she really has a kid like that. I mean Nastyhobbitses had a great idea but wordly attention too?!?! 

Oh crap, what if JB and Moochell have been planning this all along?!

I don't think anyone's planning or even hoping for something like that, I just think that, as with everything else in their lives, whatever happens will get spun to reflect highly on their godliness, and if possible, used to increase their income. They can't help but to assume that everything they do is god ordained. 

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Yup. If Jill does end up having a Zika affected baby the poor child would be exploited beyond belief promoting their pro-life message. 

8 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

In 15 years, I see five Duggars in the house.   JB, Michelle, Josh, Jana and Josie, with Josie in complete control of them all like the Twilight Zone cornfield kid.

Hahaha!! Oh this gives so much fodder for the imagination. Just imaging JB, Michelle and Josh quivering in fear over what Josie might do and trying to hide their feelings makes me laugh. TLC, you may feel totally free to film that!

6 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Yup. If Jill does end up having a Zika affected baby the poor child would be exploited beyond belief promoting their pro-life message. 

Pro-life? Oh no. She's going to spin this so hard as Jesus protecting her white savior ass in scary crime ridden zika affected central America... May the FSM save us all...

I personally hope that Jill remains unaffected by Zika, and hope the same thing for every pregnant woman in the Americas. That kind of heartbreak is nothing I wish upon anyone.

3 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

I personally hope that Jill remains unaffected by Zika, and hope the same thing for every pregnant woman in the Americas. That kind of heartbreak is nothing I wish upon anyone.

I absolutely agree, though I do wonder if she would slow down on baby making if she had a special needs child.

4 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

It is absolutely overwhelming to see this story on cable news. Breaks my heart. Birth control all around. If JillDer stay and get pregnant I will think they are absolutely horrible. Just my opinion. It is upsetting. There are some women in the US who are pregnant and testing positive for Zika. I think 179 or so. 

Can you imagine what a meaningful mission they could actually have, by giving out mosquito netting or hell, even citronella essential oils? I mean, I am not so delusional that they would do they more useful than this, but it would be something. 

I'd like to have unicorns to prance in my yard too.

10 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Hahaha!! Oh this gives so much fodder for the imagination. Just imaging JB, Michelle and Josh quivering in fear over what Josie might do and trying to hide their feelings makes me laugh. TLC, you may feel totally free to film that!

The Duggars have a lot of practice in that already!

1 hour ago, Chicken bones said:

Can you imagine what a meaningful mission they could actually have, by giving out mosquito netting or hell, even citronella essential oils? I mean, I am not so delusional that they would do they more useful than this, but it would be something. 

I'd like to have unicorns to prance in my yard too.

Don't be silly, Zika is a just punishment for praying to Jesus incorrectly!

18 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't think he has necessarily given up the dream.  He may just be waiting until the married children can afford/are ready to build their own houses.

Remember, they must pay cash. We don't know how the money is divided from the show. John David did work to earn a house and may be renting it out to pay for his future family  home. Maybe, unlike the Maxwells, he's decent enough to wait for the actual wife to appear and help plan the house?

What surprises me is why they haven't built a family dorm for visitors--suites for visitors of all sorts.

I do think Josh & Anna may build something there if there are too many wackos threatening Josh (very believable). It would be safer for their children.

On 5/21/2016 at 9:11 PM, EmCatlyn said:

@cathgrl1  I liked the idea of "Counting Down" instead of "Counting On". ;)

Re flip flops, fancy separated toe sandals, etc.

@choralcrusader8613, sandals can be all sorts of designs with straps, backless, with or without the toe separation, etc.. So the term "thongs" for a particular design was more descriptive.

We call then slippers in Hawai'i

On 5/24/2016 at 1:38 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Same. I'm on sabbatical teacher. I make way more now than I ever did teaching. No one throws anything at me right now either. I know kids will be kids but holy moly crap how many parents were surprised when I told them they can curb the throwing in their kids. Be a parent, not a friend. Especially to a small child just learning the rules and boundaries. 

I'm a former special needs liaison from a Head Start mostly ELA preschool program in a rural resort area and I make significantly more money waiting tables now.

7 hours ago, zee_four said:

We call then slippers in Hawai'i

I'm a former special needs liaison from a Head Start mostly ELA preschool program in a rural resort area and I make significantly more money waiting tables now.

I'm special education early intervention. I made good money for 30 minutes sessons but the cases were sparse. Plus I had to buy my own toys and gas money went quick.  There's so many of us around here we over saturated the market. I couldn't even get 10 cases a week. And the cases I did get oh man the stories.

On 5/24/2016 at 2:21 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

1. I bet it's cheaper to make the shows than payoff JB [could be wrong]

2. What this poster above said. No one is going to adopt.My $$ is still on Jill giving birth to a miracle baby unaffected by Zika because the prayed for a mighty hedge of protection around the baby. This will span Zika is a hoax rumors to be "proven" by the  Creation Museum.

3. The age so many of them are, someone WILL get married. I still say one of the girls will break a courtship to prove they "do so have a say" just like how they "proved" they wanted 1 big room.

4. There are a few other "cards" they could play to get ratings and to "prove" the kids have choice. They could show someone go off to college--or explain why Joe left (finished a minor certificate program or whatever). They will likely show them working at the taco place or with wedding woman. And, God help us, they could have JB/M talk "openly" about the way Josh's actions affected their marriage (no sex that one day etc).

5. The younger kids could be returned to the central focus. More stupid birthday parties and dentist trips. More staged one-on-one time, but this time perhaps Jackson with John David or something like that.

On the whole, I wouldn't be surprised if they come back. What I dread is the series focusing on Josh "taking it one day at a time" and "walking thru the tough stuff" and "enduring this season of life" and Anna popping out another baby while the sisters decorate a room at the house. UGH.

I don't know about breaking a courtship. Weddings have always pulled the most viewers for them, plus they have to weigh the benefits of "proving" that they have a say versus the stigma in their circles of a broken courtship. If I were in their situation I would hesitate to break a courtship on those circumstances.

Josiah and Marjorie broke their courtship, whichn was good, becuae they were so young.

What do they do all day when they're not filming?

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Josiah and Marjorie broke their courtship, whichn was good, becuae they were so young.

What do they do all day when they're not filming?

True, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it seems pretty frowned upon. Giving away the heart and whatnot. Also I specifically doubt a woman in the family will break a courtship, not just because that always seems to reflect worse on the young woman than the young man in those circles but also because I would bet they feel a bit "damaged" and they may feel immense pressure to 1) marry for family profit and 2) marry whoever will have them. I know that is common for a lot of people who belonged to purity culture who also suffered sexual abuse, I would imagine it is true to many specifically ATI young adults as well.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived