IGNORED

Counting On- Part 10: Counting out in Central America!

samurai_sarah

Let me see if I have this straight......

I'm not married, so presumably ANY time I (or my incessant talk of thongs) stir up thoughts of De Sex in a man, I'm a defrauder, right? Woo hoo!!! :tw_blush:

And any time I follow through and actually give De Sex, then I'm a whore? Triple quadruple woo hoo!!! :tw_blush::tw_blush::tw_blush:

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My grandmother used to volunteer at a local history museum and started calling hoes "cultivators" because one too many middle school groups disrupted her presentation with church giggles after she said stuff like "The early settlers worked the fields with hoes just like this one, and the local Native American tribes had hoes of their own..." or "This is the oldest hoe we have in our collection".

My prof of Anglo-Saxon lit would always translate the Old-English word for treasure as "booty," and then could never figure out why a roomful of undergrads (and, I'm ashamed to admit, grad students sometimes) would snicker every time he talked about the warriors gettin' some booty. :pb_lol:

In Australia we call flip flops thongs.

Anyway as I had a social engagement last night I missed the PREMIERE of Counting On on TLC. Never fear, I caught an encore screening five minutes ago, it was the input/output comment. After that I was forced to turn it over.

Needless to say ALL my headships - animal and human - have banned this show from the house. 

Anyone have an email address for Dimboob and Moochelle? I'd love to hear the thoughts on the show being banned from a Spiritual/Atheist household :kitty-shifty::kitty-shifty::kitty-shifty:

2 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

My prof of Anglo-Saxon lit would always translate the Old-English word for treasure as "booty," and then could never figure out why a roomful of undergrads (and, I'm ashamed to admit, grad students sometimes) would snicker every time he talked about the warriors gettin' some booty. :pb_lol:

Our lil taco stand celebrates International Talk Like a Pirate Day every year (coming up September 19...mark your calendars!)

You've never heard so many grown adults saying booty in a 'piratey' voice every other sentence with the ensuing giggles afterwords...:pb_lol: and yes, I am a willing participant in said frivolity :lol:

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

My grandmother used to volunteer at a local history museum and started calling hoes "cultivators" because one too many middle school groups disrupted her presentation with church giggles after she said stuff like "The early settlers worked the fields with hoes just like this one, and the local Native American tribes had hoes of their own..." or "This is the oldest hoe we have in our collection".

OK, sorry, that made me giggle too  :)

17 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

So far the signs seem to point towards cancellation. TLC seems quiet on the Duggar front.

Things have been very quiet over there. Every other channel has done their cancel/renew/new shows list. Haven't heard a peep about this show. 

11 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Is there really a need for an annual update special on them when everyone can keep up with their news on social media? We've seen them court, marry, give birth, and take endless trips now. I don't know what the fascination would be in seeing 200 grandkids and counting.

I just don't get why any of these boring people/families thinks every time they do anything it should be blogged about and slathered all over social media. They really are legends in their own minds, I guess. It probably helps with the grifting too, I forgot about that. 

15 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Things have been very quiet over there. Every other channel has done their cancel/renew/new shows list. Haven't heard a peep about this show. 

If they don't know what to do with the new season, they can try to rework it as "scripted reality" like TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex). Might I suggest a few choice storylines:

The girls go to an actual class at University of Arkansas and see what college is actually like

Bin drops a diss track about another Christian music artist and starts a feud with them

Jill and Derick meet aid workers and community activists who are actually useful and making a difference in El Salvador

Maybe TLC was just trying to buy time with Counting On, hoping that some advertisers would appear (or calm down) and that something filmable would happen with the Duggars.  I still think the show is done...but if Jill or Jessa became pregnant, or an adoptable baby magically appeared, then TLC would have the advantage of continuity.  Meanwhile, the leghumpers are appeased and the Duggar kids get a few $$s.

18 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Is there really a need for an annual update special on them when everyone can keep up with their news on social media? We've seen them court, marry, give birth, and take endless trips now. I don't know what the fascination would be in seeing 200 grandkids and counting.

I know! If I were interested in following I could know what they were having for every meal. 

They seem to leave few thoughts unshared. And they also don't seem to have many thoughts.

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Maybe TLC was just trying to buy time with Counting On, hoping that some advertisers would appear (or calm down) and that something filmable would happen with the Duggars.  I still think the show is done...but if Jill or Jessa became pregnant, or an adoptable baby magically appeared, then TLC would have the advantage of continuity.  Meanwhile, the leghumpers are appeased and the Duggar kids get a few $$s.

I agree with this.  I think the season started out as wishful thinking by TLC that they would get advertisers back and regain the season highs from the weddings and birth of Izzy. They were reading much more into the leghumpers numbers and abilities to influence advertisers  Clearly, the advertisers that they were counting on (pun intended) didn't show up from day 1, so they fulfilled this new contract with the Duggars without putting much effort or expense into it.

A year ago, there was a great deal of discussion on this board about TLC owing the Duggars their contract.  It would have been really, really stupid if TLC hadn't included a morals clause in any contract it would have been activated with the first scandal.  Of course, if TLC was fully aware of the molestation and went ahead with the show, then they couldn't have invoked the clause, but the second scandal would have taken care of that!

I'm actually really shocked that JB hasn't managed to finagle a courtship for one of his adult children since Counting On has been on the air. History has taught us that the only thing that consistently gets ratings for the Duggars are babies and engagements/weddings. He can't control when his married children conceive, but he can marry off his adult children. They must be having a really hard time finding any takers to join the Duggar circus, especially when compared with the Bates, who have been successfully marrying off their adult children at a fairly consistent pace. It's sort of strange that out of Jana (26), JD (26), Jinger (22), Joe (21), Josiah (19), and Joy-Anna (18), there have been no interested parties.

37 minutes ago, trisprefect said:

It's sort of strange that out of Jana (26), JD (26), Jinger (22), Joe (21), Josiah (19), and Joy-Anna (18), there have been no interested parties.

I agree that it's a bit odd that none have married, but we really don't know whether it was lack of suitors or lack of interest on the part of the Duggarlings.

37 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

I know! If I were interested in following I could know what they were having for every meal. 

They seem to leave few thoughts unshared. And they also don't seem to have many thoughts.

Actually, they are very good at hiding what they don't want us to know. For example, we didn't know for sure where Josh was.  We knew he was at RU only because of the Duggar plane watch and some good FJ sleuthing.  Even then, we could not be sure, and Josh stayed sufficiently under the radar that we weren't sure he was at RU until plane trips involving JB (with the Danica legal case) and Anna (after visitation was arranged) were spotted.   And shortly after this, the Duggars made it difficult to track their plane.

We didn't know where Anna was from around Amy's wedding to shortly before the "specials." We had rumors that she had left Josh, that she was with her parents, that she was living near wherever Josh was pray-rehabbing, etc.. We didn't know if any of this was true or if she was back in the house they had sold to the family LLC or if she was in the guest house at the TTH.  It wasn't until the promos for "Counting On" that we discovered that she was at the TTC, sleeping with the unmarried Duggar girls.

Jill and Derick went off on their first misionication, collected money for it, etc. but never told anyone where they were going.  It was weeks before the turned up at the SOS place in El Salvador.  Even now, we aren't told exactly where they are.   

The Duggars hid the molestations from the public for more than 10 years.  We know Josh was semi-promised-to-court a Holt girl, but not which one.  

We aren't sure how many of the Duggar kids have GEDs or if any of them have highschool diplomas.  We didn't know that Tabitha Paine was living with them to tutor the kids until people started asking about her prsence in the background. We still don't know if she is sleeping with the girls or if the prayer closet or some other space has been made as a bedroom for her.

We suspect there may have been a possible courtship that was going to be announced at the end of this season's Counting On, but we do not know for sure. 

The Duggars don't, in fact, post everything they think and do.  It is just that much of what they post is so dull annd pointless that we assume there is nothing else going on.  We may be right, but there is still a lot they don't "share."

You are right that we wouldn't need annual specials to catch up on what they are doing.  Their social media already tells us most of what a special would tell. But that's because neither the social media nor the "reality" show really tell us much.

10 minutes ago, gustava said:

I agree that it's a bit odd that none have married, but we really don't know whether it was lack of suitors or lack of interest on the part of the Duggarlings.

With all of those virulent leghumpers they've got, I suspect there's no shortage of offers.  I can imagine JB and the older kids being wary of leghumper matches or wanting to marry "up" though.

Meanwhile, I believe that the Duggars are considered tainted by fundie royalty (at least).  Seems odd that there isn't a single Duggar match among them.

I wonder if the younger kids, like Jackson, who have grown up on camera, are asking why they're no longer being filmed. I feel for some of them who have had their private moments shown for ratings. I'm thinking vomiting in styrofoam cups, dirty diapers, falling off a stage, crashing on a bike and going for stitches, etc. No one had better have a camera on me when I'm sick or hurt. Bad Duggar parents.

Thongs vs flip flops.  I've only heard the term thong to describe underwear.  (I will admit my mom was asking me about hipsters one time, and it took me forever to get she was talking about underwear.  I was starting to describe people of Brooklyn).

As far as flip flops-- they are the only sandal I can wear thanks to my wide feet (nothing else fits right that looks like someone under 75 would wear).  Nothing fancy for me, just the $12.99 ones.

As I am of a certain age, "hey, hey, hey" makes be think of Bill Cosby as Fat Albert.

5 hours ago, gustava said:

I'm going with "JB Picking Absolute Duds" for $1000

41 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

I'm going with "JB Picking Absolute Duds" for $1000

That and maybe people just don't want two psycho's as their in-laws. 

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

As I am of a certain age, "hey, hey, hey" makes be think of Bill Cosby as Fat Albert.

How could hI have forgotten about Fat Albert? I too am of a certain age. Maybe since Bill Cosby turned out to be a tool, I just refused to think about anything to do with him.

Fat Albert would never be on TV now.

Just saw a pic on the Pickles and Hairspray FB page. It shows Jill (with her head cut off) and Israel, and Jill is reading to a group of children. She is wearing a top that is longer in the front than at the sides; a common style of maternity top.  To me she looks preggers.

9 minutes ago, yetanothermeg said:

Just saw a pic on the Pickles and Hairspray FB page. It shows Jill (with her head cut off) and Israel, and Jill is reading to a group of children. She is wearing a top that is longer in the front than at the sides; a common style of maternity top.  To me she looks preggers.

Sorry, but (with her head cut off) just automatically made me think that Derick's gone all Henry VIII on us.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Sorry, but (with her head cut off) just automatically made me think that Derick's gone all Henry VIII on us.

I thought the exact same thing and since I'm a really bad person I giggled.

On 5/22/2016 at 6:12 PM, TheDuggarnaut said:

I'm not saying there's a need for it - far from it!  It's the most I can imagine TLC offering at this point, considering the lack of sponsors for even a partial series this last year. 

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived