IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

19 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

That picture writes it's own tagline. "Honey, I'm almost 99% sure that his diaper needs to be changed. Really. And I have no idea what to do with my hands."

Mawkward: When your inner Maxwell flies it's freak flag in a socially awkward setting.

All of that aside, Anna-Marie looks so beautiful in the wedding group photo. She is such a lovely woman. That is also the shortest skirt I've ever seen on her.

I'll give you the photo is awkward, but I don't see it as anything beyond that. Probably got there just as they were shooting the pic and baby squirmed or he lost his balance. I don't see evil.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'll give you the photo is awkward, but I don't see it as anything beyond that. Probably got there just as they were shooting the pic and baby squirmed or he lost his balance. I don't see evil.

I don't think anyone is saying anything is evil about it, but it is a professionally posed wedding photograph, not something taken off the cuff. I don't think there's any way the Maxwells had just gotten there as they were shooting and snuck into the photo casually. Those people were most definitely directed to stand in certain places for the wedding party photos and had probably been standing there for a while listening to directions from the photogs. And I highly doubt the photog didn't see how Chris threw off the pyramid  shape. 

31 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I don't think anyone is saying anything is evil about it, but it is a professionally posed wedding photograph, not something taken off the cuff. I don't think there's any way the Maxwells had just gotten there as they were shooting and snuck into the photo casually. Those people were most definitely directed to stand in certain places for the wedding party photos and had probably been standing there for a while listening to directions from the photogs. And I highly doubt the photog didn't see how Chris threw off the pyramid  shape. 

Yup, ITA. If it weren't for the Chris and Anna, that picture would be extremely well organized. It's very obvious from the positions of everyone else that the photography has a good idea for posing people symmetrically. Chris and Anna throw the whole thing off. 

Well, at least it would be easy to cut Chris and Anna out of the picture, although I am sure they still want her in it. 

As to the earlier discussion about the comment made about Elissa maybe being at home but they don't do everything together, it makes me think Joseph and Elissa may be pulling away ever so slightly. Maybe Joseph sees himself as head of his own family and not Steve. I have noticed that it seems that they are rarely in any of the family photos or at any of the events. It is possible that there was some type of falling out. Who knows, Joseph may have gotten married and actually grown a pair. 

I also think Elissa and Joseph living a little ways away, not much but not right next door or across the street, is part of the reason they are not on the blog as much.

In looking at the resource page on the Titus2 site, I noticed neither the cookbook board link nor the Moth board link are working (error message).

They hadn't updated the cookbook board for awhile, but the Moth board is supposed to be a perk of buying the Moth book.  Are they not keeping that board up any longer?

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

In looking at the resource page on the Titus2 site, I noticed neither the cookbook board link nor the Moth board link are working (error message).

They hadn't updated the cookbook board for awhile, but the Moth board is supposed to be a perk of buying the Moth book.  Are they not keeping that board up any longer?

Why update the cookbook when all they eat are mushy burritos and smoothies.

Have the Maxwells published a cookbook? I could see recipes for burritos without exact measurements given, just things like "there's this Tupperware bowl we have that's big and we use that to measure..." and then a bible verse at the bottom of each page. 

"Use two milks and enough flour to fill the blue cup dad got at the trade show in 1985. Add the rest of the ingredients in any order, so long as you still put Jesus first."

20 hours ago, kpmom said:

Oooh!  Is the cookbook board the place where we can find the coveted secret to using a pizza cutter to slice lettuce????

2 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Oooh!  Is the cookbook board the place where we can find the coveted secret to using a pizza cutter to slice lettuce????

I'm pretty sure Steve would let Sarah's virtue out of his grasp before surrendering his arcane knowledge of the Lettuce Cutter.

Well darn, I just got back from ranch sitting for a relative and had to slice up iceberg lettuce to feed the chickens.  Next time I'm there (end of June) I'll be sure I have a pizza cutter handy.  I can absolutely see how that would work.  I'll not be channeling Stevehovah whilst I cut lettuce, though. 

3 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

They still haven't posted that, have they!?!? What the hell?! What else have they promised a post on but never followed through? Besides To They Naysayers Part 2?

Right now, they are offering a special Mother's Day bundle. You get something some workshop sesssion (probably a powerpoint) that they only sell for $4 for free when you buy another book. Gee, what a bargain, Maxwells. 

50 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Right now, they are offering a special Mother's Day bundle. You get something some workshop sesssion (probably a powerpoint) that they only sell for $4 for free when you buy another book. Gee, what a bargain, Maxwells. 

Raise your hand if you think the "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit" workshop session is just a Cliff's Notes version of the book by the same title.  :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

Anyone?

It's probably not even Cliff's notes. If their 'conferences' are anything to go by, it's probably just an infomercial.

Going to ask a stupid question - why do some posts have stars and others circles? lol. Been wanting to ask for some time now.

5 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Going to ask a stupid question - why do some posts have stars and others circles? lol. Been wanting to ask for some time now.

Maybe they hope people will think they're Computer Experts and pay for their Godly Computer Course instead of spending a few minutes going on the internet (created by a Unitarian Universalist) using Google (created by two atheists) to find the HTML code (created by the same UU guy along with an atheist)

Here?  Circles are threads you haven't posted in and stars are threads you have posted in.

No, it's OK.  We get asked much worse questions.

Haha, I opened the Maxhell forum and got TWO banner ads for Vascectomy Experts.  Looks like context-sensitive advertising is functioning as expected.

(I mean the FJ topic listing page)

I understood her. I thought it was a sweet video, but odd they were doing this as an affiliate link.

BTW, Christina's hair has gotten so dark!

***HELPMEET HAT ON***

Just want to remind everyone that we don't play Internet Doctor with minors on FJ.

***HELPMEET HAT OFF***

4 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Is it just me? I don't believe I understood more than 3 words that Christina was saying on the newest post.

I didn't really understand anything either. I'm not a parent and aren't around really young kids a lot, and kids do learn at different paces so *shrug*

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived