IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

They don't do everything together? I didn't know that was allowed! :my_confused: What is going on in Maxhell indeed...

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I think it's time for them to hang up the blog and move on. Without the dog & pony show, they have nothing worthy of posting about and the harder they try, the worse they look. 

Don't give them any ideas! I need my weekly Maxwell hit of bland and boring! 

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And I think we can assume the response was form Steve.  For posterity:

Really, Steve?  You could have fooled me.  "They" as opposed to "we."  Doesn't Sarah run the blog? The responses to comments from Maxhell get terser and terser.  Not good PR.  Even the most passionate leg-humper will get turned off.

It also implies that Joe and Elissa have achieved some distance from the Borg Maxhell Collective -that would be a Very Good Thing. 

Wow, that is such a rude reply and really obviously pissy. With his love of $$$, I am surprised Steve doesn't have better customer service skills. 

26 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

:banana-drums::bananna-demon::bangheaddesk::deadhorse::martian-disgust::potstir::dramallama-nanner:]:zombie::popcorn2::wine::penguin-no::mouse-shock:'

An entertaining array of some of my favorite emoticons found while searching for the one you wanted and I still had to ask for help.:puke-front::puke-huge::puke-left::puke-right:

Search for "puke."

I want to put a whole row of this one:deadhorse: in the Bates versus Duggar thread.

Back to the Maxwells now. ;)

12 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

At least hold off the blog termination until we see:

1.  The much-anticipated blog post telling us how to use a pizza cutter to cut lettuce.

2.  More evidence that The Littles are growing up around cameras.

:kitty-wink:

As you've probably noticed we're tagging the threads.  Arete and I are slogging through Maxhell.  I'm reading the same things in 2011 and 2012 that we talk about today.  It's been kind of strange.

18 hours ago, SPHASH said:

In the newest post the girls took Annamarie out for her birthday at some coffee shop in the comments someone named Linda asked where Elissa was and boy she got a snappy response.

yet another fine example of Great Conversationalists.

(I haven't finished the thread yet; my apologies if I'm repeating someone else...)

ETA:  thank you, @Marian the Librarian, that was hysterical!!

15 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Melanie wasn't there either.

In all fairness,   Melanie's 4, Elissa's 1, and NR Anna's 3 would be quite a handful for Teri to manage by herself. Because, y'know, the menfolk were all working.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Wow, that is such a rude reply and really obviously pissy. With his love of $$$, I am surprised Steve doesn't have better customer service skills. 

You don't need customer service skills when you have Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

As you've probably noticed we're tagging the threads.  Arete and I are slogging through Maxhell.  I'm reading the same things in 2011 and 2012 that we talk about today.  It's been kind of strange.

Well, the Maxwells are still basically living the same life in 2011 and 2012 that they are today...just with a couple extra grandkids and a little more sadness for the Kidults.

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Let's see:

* Did either of you take initiative on this task?

* Have you encountered any difficulties that have slowed your progress?  If so, when/how did you realize the problem and how did you solve it?

*  Did the solution really work better?

*  Does the end result of the task look better?

*  Were you blessed?

*  Are you going to blog about it?

*  Upon completion, will you re-assess your work to make it more efficient next time?

*  Do you know where you'll go when you die?

If you can answer these questions to please Stevehovah, then you're really slogging through Maxhell!

By the way - thanks for tagging!

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It was a weird response. Do you think it is because Elissa is an in law? Anna Marie should just be happy the girls took her out right?

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

It was a weird response. Do you think it is because Elissa is an in law? Anna Marie should just be happy the girls took her out right?

Elissa always seems like she's a bit more on the periphery than Anna Marie is. Perhaps she's not as steeped in the Kool-Aid and that pisses Steve off? She always seems like she has a lot more personality and life behind her eyes than would befit a Maxwell.

Just read that pissy remark.  How rude! But then...maybe this is a indication of a separation of Elisha and joe from the others. That could only be a good thing. Go Elisha! All her background points to a far wider upbringing. I could even learn to like joe if that is true!  But don't worry johnny boy ..your still my favourite! Hot hot hot!

I just the following realiation: Steve and the conference organisers organised for Teri to speak without Teri even knowing about it &then he had the gall to organise plane tickets, accommodation,&a companion-he just presumed she'd be okay w that.(Of course,this is the woman who doesn't even remind her husband to pick up a pizza, she wouldn't NOT be okay,but that's not the point. )

It's just so fucked up.

Which brings me to my next thought: maybe it turned into a Suprise Party because she had to sign the contract and there was a deadline. Early Mother's Day is the best excuse they could come up with.

1 hour ago, uber frau said:

I just the following realiation: Steve and the conference organisers organised for Teri to speak without Teri even knowing about it &then he had the gall to organise plane tickets, accommodation,&a companion-he just presumed she'd be okay w that.(Of course,this is the woman who doesn't even remind her husband to pick up a pizza, she wouldn't NOT be okay,but that's not the point. )

Teri is speaking at that women's conference?  I just thought she was attending.

10 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I think Steve is just a socially inept twit who looks down on his customers and can barely hide his disdain. Honestly, he really needs to let Sarah do the client interactions. She has a genuine sweetness to her that is much more appealing. 

I am surprised Steve hasn't figured that out yet. He normally knows how to best pimp out his kids for a dollar. 

3 hours ago, uber frau said:

It's just so fucked up.

Which brings me to my next thought: maybe it turned into a Suprise Party because she had to sign the contract and there was a deadline. Early Mother's Day is the best excuse they could come up with.

Teri is just attending the conference.  This is the full speakers list:  http://www.truewoman16.com/speakers/

38 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I think Steve is just a socially inept twit who looks down on his customers and can barely hide his disdain. Honestly, he really needs to let Sarah do the client interactions. She has a genuine sweetness to her that is much more appealing. 

I am surprised Steve hasn't figured that out yet. He normally knows how to best pimp out his kids for a dollar. 

Except Steve isn't really socially inept. He can lay on the charm when he wants.

He's getting terser and terser on the blog as time goes by - especially with women who presume to comment.  Men seem to get longer responses from Steve.

He either thought "Linda" was @johnhugh tweaking him again, or he is finally getting some push back from genuine leghumpers about the excess sheltering.  I hope it is the latter.

As far as Elissa and Melanie go - the Maxwell men and their families are demoted to "extended family."  I think the Maxwell young women really like NR Anna and hang out with her more than they ever did with Melanie.

NR Anna always looks serene and happy in her life.  I've always wondered how she manages it!

On 4/21/2016 at 7:27 PM, SPHASH said:

In the newest post the girls took Annamarie out for her birthday at some coffee shop in the comments someone named Linda asked where Elissa was and boy she got a snappy response.

Steve is getting more and more hateful. He is losing it. 

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Except Steve isn't really socially inept. He can lay on the charm when he wants.

He's getting terser and terser on the blog as time goes by - especially with women who presume to comment.  Men seem to get longer responses from Steve.

He either thought "Linda" was @johnhugh tweaking him again, or he is finally getting some push back from genuine leghumpers about the excess sheltering.  I hope it is the latter.

As far as Elissa and Melanie go - the Maxwell men and their families are demoted to "extended family."  I think the Maxwell young women really like NR Anna and hang out with her more than they ever did with Melanie.

NR Anna always looks serene and happy in her life.  I've always wondered how she manages it!

Three intellectually and emotionally stunted girl-women handle a good portion of her child care responsibilities, she doesn't have to work, the kids she barely has to care for (though she seems like she actually loves and gives half a crap about them, unlike some other frumper-lover mothers we discuss here) are adorable, and she's got that whole Woman On The Homestead look and demeanor that makes her well-suited to a sort of quiet, isolated rural life.

As for Melanie, this might be way too much speculation or presumption, but do you think that the Maxwell ladies feel a lot of awkwardness about interacting with her because of Susannah's death/her issues giving birth? I feel like they might have had a lot of difficulty trying to relate to a woman going through the truly unimaginable pain of losing a child, and some of that awkwardness might linger on. Maybe there was a bit of "when Mom's sad, she wants us to just leave her alone, so let's do that with Melanie".

As for Elissa, she seems pretty independent-minded and a little more worldly than the Maxwell ladies. I think they might see her as the cool-but-dangerous cousin (think the Cousin Amy of the Maxwell Clan), or she might see them as fine to hang out with at all-family functions, but not all the time. Or both.

They don't think like normal people.  It may not have even occurred to them to invite Melanie and Elissa.  It was nuclear family members plus guest.  

Also I think they do relate better to Anna Marie.  She's more like them than either Melanie or Elissa.  Melanie seems to stay barely within the lines enough to not set off Steve.  Elissa has seemed to stay separate since the beginning.  She doesn't seem afraid of boundaries or declining invitations or perhaps it's Joseph who wanted the distance.

36 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Three intellectually and emotionally stunted girl-women handle a good portion of her child care responsibilities, she doesn't have to work, the kids she barely has to care for (though she seems like she actually loves and gives half a crap about them, unlike some other frumper-lover mothers we discuss here) are adorable, and she's got that whole Woman On The Homestead look and demeanor that makes her well-suited to a sort of quiet, isolated rural life.

As for Melanie, this might be way too much speculation or presumption, but do you think that the Maxwell ladies feel a lot of awkwardness about interacting with her because of Susannah's death/her issues giving birth? I feel like they might have had a lot of difficulty trying to relate to a woman going through the truly unimaginable pain of losing a child, and some of that awkwardness might linger on. Maybe there was a bit of "when Mom's sad, she wants us to just leave her alone, so let's do that with Melanie".

As for Elissa, she seems pretty independent-minded and a little more worldly than the Maxwell ladies. I think they might see her as the cool-but-dangerous cousin (think the Cousin Amy of the Maxwell Clan), or she might see them as fine to hang out with at all-family functions, but not all the time. Or both.

Melanie's got her family of origin around and doesn't need the "fellowship" as much as Anna Marie does.  I wonder how often Anna Marie gets to see her family--I'll bet not very often.

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 6:55 PM, Palimpsest said:

And cleanupwe can assume the response was form Steve.  For posterity:

Really, Steve?  You could have fooled me.  "They" as opposed to "we."  Doesn't Sarah run the blog? The responses to comments from Maxhell get terser and terser.  Not good PR.  Even the most passionate leg-humper will get turned off.

It also implies that Joe and Elissa have achieved some distance from the Borg Maxhell Collective -that would be a Very Good Thing. 

They were out of town during the big clranupp

26 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

They were out of town during the big clranupp

Are you having problems with your phone?  I'm not sure what big thing they were out of town for - oh, wait - the GiGi clean-up day?  Joseph and Elissa weren't there.

It could just be NR Anna's face that makes her seem so placid.  She looks like a lovely, big eyed, smiling, happy - ruminant animal.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Melanie's got her family of origin around and doesn't need the "fellowship" as much as Anna Marie does.  I wonder how often Anna Marie gets to see her family--I'll bet not very often.

I don't think Anna Marie sees her family much.  I'm sure Steve loves this. He probably wasn't thrilled that Nathan married a local girl.  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived