IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Are you having problems with your phone?  I'm not sure what big thing they were out of town for - oh, wait - the GiGi clean-up day?  Joseph and Elissa weren't there.

It could just be NR Anna's face that makes her seem so placid.  She looks like a lovely, big eyed, smiling, happy - ruminant animal.

Yeah my phone is really stupid today. Wont let me edit.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the incredibly rude comment, which no doubt came from Steve.

A little thought wandered across my mind. Elissa's dad might not be living up to Steve's expectations. I am guessing Steve thought once he had Elissa in Wherever-they-live, that she would join the 'extended family' as her sisters-in-law before her seem to and Steve would have another member of his little cult. Turns out though that Elissa and her family have an actual relationship and enjoy each others' company. They want to see their daughter and her child and maybe even forge a bond with their new son-in-law. If Mr Elissa's dad is on the phone  ministering to  his brother in Christ (ugh) what can Steve say???  It is not like they don't  pretend that Joseph is the boss of his own little family now. It is not like Joseph has a job he needs to go to five days a week, or sports practice or even his week to collect the offering at church.  So what is to stop them going off to Elissa's family? Which actually means his (speculated) favourite child is often away thus making Steve the pissmeister he is showing himself to be. 

This is of course speculation, Steve might just need prunes for pudding!

7 minutes ago, Myfanwy said:

Re the incredibly rude comment, which no doubt came from Steve.

A little thought wandered across my mind. Elissa's dad might not be living up to Steve's expectations. I am guessing Steve thought once he had Elissa in Wherever-they-live, that she would join the 'extended family' as her sisters-in-law before her seem to and Steve would have another member of his little cult. Turns out though that Elissa and her family have an actual relationship and enjoy each others' company. They want to see their daughter and her child and maybe even forge a bond with their new son-in-law. If Mr Elissa's dad is on the phone  ministering to  his brother in Christ (ugh) what can Steve say???  It is not like they don't  pretend that Joseph is the boss of his own little family now. It is not like Joseph has a job he needs to go to five days a week, or sports practice or even his week to collect the offering at church.  So what is to stop them going off to Elissa's family? Which actually means his (speculated) favourite child is often away thus making Steve the pissmeister he is showing himself to be. 

This is of course speculation, Steve might just need prunes for pudding!

Yes, indeedy,  The man has quite the iron rod up his backside(probably needs dynamite rather than prunes).  Hooray for Joseph and Elissa, though.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:37 PM, nokidsmom said:

@Palimpsest, thanks for the link, the numbers sure don't lie.  

When they sold Uriah at the end of 2014, that told me that "Energize!" didn't do much energizing.   Though they had 13 conferences in 2014 looking at 2010 they had over 30 so things really dropped off.  I suspect they might have been taking a loss what with the cost of gas and repairs on Uriah for some time so by the end of 2014, he had to go.  

I totally think the fasts are Stevie's control thing.  Even if he personally wanted to fast for whatever reason, I absolutely don't get why it has to be imposed on the rest of the family unless you are a complete control freak.

Shoot, he's imposing it on the rest of the family's leghumpers, at least those dumb enough to participate.  Call it "working out of home," if you will.

They have mentioned Elissa, Joseph and Calia going to visit her family a few times. I don't think they've ever really mentioned Anna Marie visiting her family. 

Plus there's that picture from the wedding of Anna Marie's brother, where Christopher is holding her arm really possessively and they are slightly away from the group. 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They have mentioned Elissa, Joseph and Calia going to visit her family a few times. I don't think they've ever really mentioned Anna Marie visiting her family. 

Plus there's that picture from the wedding of Anna Marie's brother, where Christopher is holding her arm really possessively and they are slightly away from the group. 

Where is this photo? Just curious. 

15 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

Where is this photo? Just curious. 

Don't remember, but it wasn't posted on the blog. Someone found it on Facebook or Instagram. 

It was interesting because the bridesmaid dresses were relatively short (just past knee length) and they were wearing different colored cardigans. The bride's dress was relatively modern. All modest by most standards, but very un-Maxwell. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Don't remember, but it wasn't posted on the blog. Someone found it on Facebook or Instagram. 

It was interesting because the bridesmaid dresses were relatively short (just past knee length) and they were wearing different colored cardigans. The bride's dress was relatively modern. All modest by most standards, but very un-Maxwell. 

Interesting since they don't have social media. Does anyone remember her maiden name? 

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Interesting since they don't have social media. Does anyone remember her maiden name? 

It's Hamiton. The pic was posted on someone else's page. 

So I see that the Hamiltons attend a Baptist church. 

This is probably something I should already know, but do the Maxwells ever describe themselves as Baptist? I never hear them being very denominational. I suppose this could be because of their business and wanting to appeal to more customers, or do they reject labels because essentially they are of the Church'o'Steve? And would Steve be okay with a Maxwell son marrying a girl who is Church of Christ or a Congregationalist or something? (I know Catholics and their "churches" and their candles are already out...)

That picture writes it's own tagline. "Honey, I'm almost 99% sure that his diaper needs to be changed. Really. And I have no idea what to do with my hands."

Mawkward: When your inner Maxwell flies it's freak flag in a socially awkward setting.

All of that aside, Anna-Marie looks so beautiful in the wedding group photo. She is such a lovely woman. That is also the shortest skirt I've ever seen on her.

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

That is really disturbing to me...it's like Chris is saying "we are not apart of this" 

I'm not one bit surprised.  It's that old Maxwell superiority thing.

Christopher looks like he's tugging on her arm in a hurry to GTFO of there and back to the safety of ye olde family compound. Ugh.

Anna Marie though, looks beautiful and radiant.

I just realized Anna Marie is the only bridesmaid that buttoned up the cardigan. I guess the bridesmaid dress wasn't modest enough for her. 

I hate to say they (Christopher and NR-Anna) ruined that photo by posing the way they did, but they almost did.

It looks like the photographer went to a lot of trouble to place everyone just so for a formal picture, and Anna and Christopher just kind of plopped in there at the last minute.

I can't tell if Christopher was part of the wedding party or not.  It looks like he's wearing the same kind of suit and tie, so he might have been.  Why couldn't he have stood with the groomsmen (holding Joshua), while NR-Anna stood on the highest step beside her sister, NR-Sarah?

50 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I hate to say they (Christopher and NR-Anna) ruined that photo by posing the way they did, but they almost did.

It looks like the photographer went to a lot of trouble to place everyone just so for a formal picture, and Anna and Christopher just kind of plopped in there at the last minute.

I can't tell if Christopher was part of the wedding party or not.  It looks like he's wearing the same kind of suit and tie, so he might have been.  Why couldn't he have stood with the groomsmen (holding Joshua), while NR-Anna stood on the highest step beside her sister, NR-Sarah?

That photo drives me crazy for the same reason. Honestly, I think Chris put up a stink about he and his wife being in a photo without their standing next to each other. It's obvious that it would be more balanced if he were standing behind her or vice versa. But it's akin to adultery for them to be in a mixed company photo in which they are not physically touching one another. I also think he didn't like some other photographer telling him what to do. I bet there were lots of "suggestions."

I'm sure the Maxwell men are giant, insecure pains in the ass to be around. 

23 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

That photo drives me crazy for the same reason. Honestly, I think Chris put up a stink about he and his wife being in a photo without their standing next to each other. It's obvious that it would be more balanced if he were standing behind her or vice versa. But it's akin to adultery for them to be in a mixed company photo in which they are not physically touching one another. I also think he didn't like some other photographer telling him what to do. I bet there were lots of "suggestions."

I am sure they are. With all that criticism they got growing up, they have to be at this point. Steve passed on his insecurities to his sons.

They could have still been touching if Anna was about 10 inches closer to her dad and Chris was directly behind her. It's obvious that he really wanted to emphasize that they were a family unit, because of that is just so freaking important in a wedding pic for someone else's wedding. 

I really hope Anna gets a chance to see her family often, but I honestly doubt she does. 

35 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I also think he didn't like some other photographer telling him what to do. I bet there were lots of "suggestions."

To the bolded:  :Yes:

That was exactly my thought as well.  Ever read the part on Christopher's photography website (I assume it's still there) where he talks about working with amateurs?  :pb_rollseyes:

27 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

To the bolded:  :Yes:

That was exactly my thought as well.  Ever read the part on Christopher's photography website (I assume it's still there) where he talks about working with amateurs?  :pb_rollseyes:

Sweet Lord, I must have missed that. Considering Chris hasn't got a degree in photography or photojournalism, to my knowledge has never received any Professional Photographers Association certifications, had any photos published, or taken any formal courses, dude might want to reel in the "amateur" disdain a little bit. 

These kids are like the result of a lifelong Dunning-Kruger experiment. 

52 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

These kids are like the result of a lifelong Dunning-Kruger experiment. 

I had to quote because I'm only allowed to like it once, and I love it!

36 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if Chris ordered the Bridesmaids to be modest

Ugh, I can't imagine being around these people in real life. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived