IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

6 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Your feet can definitely get bigger from pregnancy.  They don't get smaller after the baby either, unlike your breasts or your tummy.  In my case, I don't mind too much because it's a bit easier to shop for shoes as my feet aren't so tiny.  

I wore a size 7 1/2 pre-pregnancy.  Afterwards, I'd gone up a full size.  What's more, my feet continued to grow (or spread?), and now I wear a size 9.  No biggie, but I was sad to have to give away all my shoes, some of which I truly loved.  And my breasts have not gone down in size either.  In fact, I've lost over 30 pounds in the past two years and everything about me has gotten smaller except the ladies.  Really bugs me!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing less sexy or supportive than those flip flops they are always wearing.  My back hurts looking at those.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Your feet can definitely get bigger from pregnancy.  They don't get smaller after the baby either, unlike your breasts or your tummy.  In my case, I don't mind too much because it's a bit easier to shop for shoes as my feet aren't so tiny.  

I hate that I cannot wear any of my pre-baby shoes. My breasts didn't get smaller :( My belly did, but grew after as well haha. 

On 2/8/2016 at 4:21 PM, socalrules said:

Wow @Coy Koi, I am sorry you had to go through that. I went to Catholic school and my experience was so wonderful I will send my kids there, should I have any, in a heartbeat. I just assumed it was the norm when I started reading FJ. FJ has taught me that the experience of pretty much anything really varies based on school, location, time frame, people, etc. 

i also had a stellar and well-rounded education in Catholic school, although mine wasn't run by nuns. From my mother's and my aunt's stories, from when our local schools were run by nuns....I really got off easy!

13 minutes ago, just...sare said:

i also had a stellar and well-rounded education in Catholic school, although mine wasn't run by nuns. From my mother's and my aunt's stories, from when our local schools were run by nuns....I really got off easy!

Mine was run by nuns, and they were amazing - for the most part! We were taken to the National Gallery in London - close by - when we studied the Renaissance,  The London Museum and the British Museum when we were looking at the Greeks, Romans, Saxons and Vikings. I know we were lucky that my school was in London, but they had reproductions of many paintings and sculptures around the school. I heard both Martin Luther King and Ian Paisley on recorded sermons from St Paul's (Anglican) Cathedral, and we  - I now realize - studied the Trivium. This was a school in a very working class part of London in the 1960s, which had a stellar record of getting their students into colleges when it was academically very competitive in the UK. In other words, when education was still free, and you received an annual grant (no pay back) if you attended University.  At that time, approximately 8% of UK students went to University - you had to qualify at a high academic standard. Thank you, Notre Dame de Namur!

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

That's one of the many reasons I'm glad I'll probably never get pregnant - I already wear a size 11. It may be attributed to my fluctuating girly hormones. By the time I hit 20, I figured my feet had stopped growing. After years of being a 10, I gained another size. Now I have to get rid of so many shoes I intended on wearing for a long time. It was hard enough finding cute shoes in a 10, an 11 it's near impossible. 

18 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Not saying this is the case for Michelle, but I have trouble with my feet (most likely from years of wearing heels and/or wedge sandals every single day).  It's not just that I can't wear even the slightest heel or wedge.  My shoe choices have narrowed down to a good pair of Avia walking shoes or Sketchers Go Walk slip ons, with cushion insoles.  If it's a dressier occasion, I have a navy skirt that hits halfway between the knee and the ankle and my navy Sketchers and I just hope people don't pay too close attention to me :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle has foot problems and maybe those unattractive shoes are the only ones that she can wear all day and still be comfortable.

This may indeed be the reason Michelle wears the shoes she does. However, it does not explain the green shirt.  So, yes, I'm sure her shoes are comfortable, which is practical when mothering :shifty: many young offspring, but, it could also just be that they go really well with the green shirt!!

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

This may indeed be the reason Michelle wears the shoes she does. However, it does not explain the green shirt.  So, yes, I'm sure her shoes are comfortable, which is practical when mothering producing :shifty: many young offspring, but, it could also just be that they go really well with the green shirt!!

fixed it for you.

10 hours ago, typo brahe said:

That's one of the many reasons I'm glad I'll probably never get pregnant - I already wear a size 11. It may be attributed to my fluctuating girly hormones. By the time I hit 20, I figured my feet had stopped growing. After years of being a 10, I gained another size. Now I have to get rid of so many shoes I intended on wearing for a long time. It was hard enough finding cute shoes in a 10, an 11 it's near impossible. 

and the shoe thing doesn't happen for everyone, mine are the same!!! (two kids later)

Derrick is starting to look like he is unwell. I thought he was super skinny before, but now he just looks so gaunt. Maybe the food there doesn't agree with his stomach, and give him, what my MIL calls "the trots".

Jill and Derrick both seem to have aged a lot since their marriage. Maybe it's  because of all the secrets being brought into the open, maybe they know there are more to come. They just don't look like a happy young couple. With a new marriage and very young child this should be a happy time. Maybe the fact that they really did not know each other when they married. I think Jill is floundering without her family's support and Derrick is seeing that she is not as competent and capable as advertised. Anyway, although Jill is not my favorite, I feel for her as well as Derrick.

Before the marriage Jill and Derick looked young and fresh faced, but now they both look older than their years, plus Derick lost a lot of weight. What happened? I have rarely seen a couple in their mid twenties looking that depleted and ...just older than they are, sorry. They need to get back home, fatten up a little and be with their family.

Reminds me of Josh, who looked about 10 years older after the second child, he still does, because of all the scandals, not because he is too skinny, obviously. We'll what he will look like after rehab.

Derick's thinness really points up his asymmetrical facial features. He's kind of scary looking now. Jill, too, looks as if she's forcing the "sweet countenance" a lot more.

23 hours ago, twinmama said:

Dear god, was he really?? One of my twins was transverse for a long time and my ribs hurt so badly from it. And he was 2lb when he was born. Izzy was like 5 times that! That must have been uncomfortable, to say the least!!!

2lbs! That's so tiny, barely bigger than Miracle Josie (I think she was 1lb, 6oz?). Were yours also preemie?

On 2/7/2016 at 4:31 PM, EmCatlyn said:

What is it with feet?  I find them kind of boring myself, but they do seem to stir up strong emotions in some people....

:happy-smileyinthebox:.           

I hate feet, can't stand them. But, one theory for why people tend toward eroticizing them more than other body parts comes from the large portion of the sensory cortex devoted to feet as well as its proximity to the area devoted to genitalia.. There's a representation called a homunculus which shows the relative allocations of brain surface to different body parts, and it's got some clonkers, that's for sure!

Two versions (probably NSFW because there are some penis drawings):

Spoiler

image295.jpg

penfieldhomunculus.jpg

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Thanks girls, now i don't want kids :pb_rollseyes: 

LOL - sorry to share the less than glorious aspects of pregnancy ;)  Of course, the trade off is I have this amazing person in my life who means the world to me, so it's all good.

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Derrick's so thin. Look at his cheeks in both pictures.

Is that picture recent, or is it one taken closer to the time of his mouth surgery?  If it's recent, then I'm worried for him.  What in the world could be going on that he would be so gaunt?  Does he have some sort of stomach parasite?  Is he anorexic?  He looks like a Survivor contestant on day 28.

I wonder if they are cutting back on food because they can't afford it? Or it could be stress. I can only imagine.

25 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

LOL - sorry to share the less than glorious aspects of pregnancy ;)  Of course, the trade off is I have this amazing person in my life who means the world to me, so it's all good.

Is that picture recent, or is it one taken closer to the time of his mouth surgery?  If it's recent, then I'm worried for him.  What in the world could be going on that he would be so gaunt?  Does he have some sort of stomach parasite?  Is he anorexic?  He looks like a Survivor contestant on day 28.

That is an older picture, I've seen it before, it was taken quite a while ago.

29 minutes ago, karen77 said:

That is an older picture, I've seen it before, it was taken quite a while ago.

Thank you.  Then I take back my worry and concern for him.  I've seen more recent pictures and he does appear to have put back on some weight and no longer looks like death warmed over. 

6 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Thank you.  Then I take back my worry and concern for him.  I've seen more recent pictures and he does appear to have put back on some weight and no longer looks like death warmed over. 

Ok, I kind of take it back, it was a christmas day picture, so only 6 weeks ago.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived