IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

Is her name Lake Harrison or are they strolling around a lake called Lake Harrison? lol

None of those people know the purpose of hashtags or how to use them properly. I run social media for my department and hashtags are actually a pretty powerful tool, but then you have people who just hashtag whatever word pops into their head at that moment. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, twinmama said:

Is her name Lake Harrison or are they strolling around a lake called Lake Harrison? lol

Google shows there is a lake in the town of Harrison (In northwest AR) called Lake Harrison. But yeah, hashtags are weird (at least to me, but I will admit I rather dislike social media).

5 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I remember him bringing a very large girl to their mother's day celebration. he looks great. She's cute.

In all my years in nursing, a lot of it in OB, could not even imagine a doctor telling a post C-section patient that it was ok & try a home birth. Only a few of them will venture to ok a vaginal delivery after C-section in the hospital.

Those are my thoughts. I don't think the doctor said any such thing. I don't think Jill asked. She already "knows" so why involve a doctor? What could he tell her that she doesn't already know? I do not think she has given a second thought to the problems of Izzy's arrival and thinks/knows it was a one time thing.

I hope Jill and Jessa don't go on to have 10.5 and 11 pound babies next round.  They could easily go from disaster to disaster.

59 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Those are my thoughts. I don't think the doctor said any such thing. I don't think Jill asked. She already "knows" so why involve a doctor? What could he tell her that she doesn't already know? I do not think she has given a second thought to the problems of Izzy's arrival and thinks/knows it was a one time thing.

Yeah, I can't believe that a doctor would tell her to go ahead and tell her to try a home VBAC.  I work with an OB/GYN who WILL do vaginal breach deliveries and VBACs in a hospital setting though. Considered rather controversial in these parts, he has quite a following.  His devotees will travel 8+ hours and re-locate for the duration of their pregnancies to deliver with him.  Hey, maybe Jill wants to give him a try.

We have a wonderful (fully licensed with Master's degrees) midwife practice here.  They have two birthing centers and appropriately transfer patients to a hospital when necessary.  they stay with the patients after the transfer to try to make the delivery still as peaceful as possible (and in some cases to act as an advocate, so that the patients will know everything happening).   They encourage VBACs, BUT, they won't oversee them at their birthing center.  Instead they work with a large group of OBs that see the patient and again, the NMW acts as the doula/advocate for the delivery. Not too far from Jill, she could actually have a safer delivery with a licensed midwife in attendance (at least partially).

VBACs are considered a safe practice:

http://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-Room/News-Releases/2010/Ob-Gyns-Issue-Less-Restrictive-VBAC-Guidelines

I had a VBAC 25 years ago (third baby c-section breech delivery) with my fourth.  He was born before we even had a chance to sign the paperwork saying that we consented to the risks of the VBAC!  

If the birth canal has already been navigated by a baby and safely delivered via the vaginia, and a c-section follows in a subsequent pregnancy, the likelihood (and MD willingness to attempt those future deliveries) of future deliveries being successful vaginal births increases dramatically.

Jill's issue is she does not have a proven birth canal- {plus she had a huge first baby}

Not seeing many vaginal deliveries in her future. The odds are just against her.

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

Regarding the nail painting thing: I really think this is yet another example of Jill's overexposed TV childhood giving her a warped sense of what's personal versus what should be shared with the world. Plenty of couples are into things like that, and if they're getting mutual enjoyment from it, it's no one's business what they do in the privacy of their own home. The problem is that when they take it out of the privacy of their home and make it everyone else's business, it just gets weird. I really hope that someday Jill will learn that some things about their relationship should just be private and don't need to be shared with strangers on social media.

For Pete's sake, it's toenails. Do you flash your toes and feet in public? Or do you keep your feet all covered in public because they are such alluring bits? Are we sexualizing feet now? I suppose for some people, painting toenails is a kind of foreplay, but then so is loading the dishwasher.  I think your statement is a bit tight.

4 minutes ago, OperaRocks said:

For Pete's sake, it's toenails. Do you flash your toes and feet in public? Or do you keep your feet all covered in public because they are such alluring bits? Are we sexualizing feet now? I suppose for some people, painting toenails is a kind of foreplay, but then so is loading the dishwasher.  I think your statement is a bit tight.

Um... I didn't say it was sexual. I said it was personal. That's not the same thing.

It's a quirky little couple habit that other people would find weird. Anything about "sexualizing" or "foreplay" are your words, not mine. Couples can have private bonding activities or little rituals that have nothing to do with sex, trust me. :)

22 hours ago, Mercer said:
1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Um... I didn't say it was sexual. I said it was personal. That's not the same thing.

It's a quirky little couple habit that other people would find weird. Anything about "sexualizing" or "foreplay" are your words, not mine. 

Yes! I did choose those words. I did not stuff them in your mouth. You are saying, if I read correctly, that toe painting is personal (because it's intimate? Private?). So, yes, you are sexualizing something perhaps more innocent. Foreplay? Of course. I think your initial statement is judgemental just a wee bit, and something of an over-reaction. Maybe a pedicure will soothe you. Peace.

5 hours ago, jacduggar said:

None of those people know the purpose of hashtags or how to use them properly. I run social media for my department and hashtags are actually a pretty powerful tool, but then you have people who just hashtag whatever word pops into their head at that moment. 

I find that using hashtags is a thing on FB, not to link to the tweety, but as a way of adding tone and irony to one's writing. It's all in fun. :-)

1 minute ago, OperaRocks said:

Yes! I did choose those words. I did not stuff them in your mouth. You are saying, if I read correctly, that toe painting is personal (because it's intimate? Private?). So, yes, you are sexualizing something perhaps more innocent. Foreplay? Of course. I think your initial statement is judgemental just a wee bit, and something of an over-reaction. Maybe a pedicure will soothe you. Peace.

No, actually. I said the same thing about Jill's open letter to Jessa, and about the posts about the babies face timing, for the same reason - it's an interaction between connected people that doesn't need to be curated through social media.

It's about not needing to share your every interaction with strangers. The privacy of the home is not just for sexual matters, but for time within the family that doesn't need to be broadcast to the whole world. If Jill shares those things, that's her choice, but it may come off as awkward or weird to people not in the inner circle.

On February 6, 2016 at 8:26 PM, picklepizzas said:

Derricks bro has a girlfriend. Not a court mate, or whatever. Wonder what Jill has to say about this. 

image.png

Is her name L*****? She's from Harrison AR too, I assume?

6 hours ago, jacduggar said:

It's a glorified pond in Harrison Arkansas 

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, actually. I said the same thing about Jill's open letter to Jessa, and about the posts about the babies face timing, for the same reason - it's an interaction between connected people that doesn't need to be curated through social media.

It's about not needing to share your every interaction with strangers. The privacy of the home is not just for sexual matters, but for time within the family that doesn't need to be broadcast to the whole world. If Jill shares those things, that's her choice, but it may come off as awkward or weird to people not in the inner circle.

Then why do you care? We all know the Duggars are exhibitionists. Now just because I said "exhibitionist," don't assume that is a sexual reference. They put themselves on display. We have fun snarking. Think about this: It is because of this family's romance with the camera that this website exists. C'mon. Don't tell me you don't have eine kleine Schadenfreudelich like the rest of us? 

Personally, I think feet are just the grossest body part ever. I'd never show pics of mine, and I wear socks on all but the hottest days, when I run around barefoot.

It's nothing to do with sex, I just don't like feet pictures.

Derricks bro has a girlfriend. Not a court mate, or whatever. Wonder what Jill has to say about this. 

image.thumb.png.a8623f0f51603add01223fae3648286d.png

Is her name L*****? She's from Harrison AR too, I assume?

It's a glorified pond in Harrison Arkansas 

Wasn't her name Kelsey, or is this a different one?

7 hours ago, jacduggar said:

@actuallyjessica my mistake, I lived in the same town for about 3 years, made my head spin, she looks just like a set of sisters from there I worked with. 

The world seemed a bit smaller, but I was wrong, and tired, very tired.

@actuallyjessica my mistake, I lived in the same town for about 3 years, made my head spin, she looks just like a set of sisters from there I worked with. 

The world seemed a bit smaller, but I was wrong, and tired, very tired.

If she's the one that was on 19k&c then I'm pretty sure her name is Kelsey or something but I thought they broke up. So, they either got back together or this girl is another one and Dan is #GoingToHell with @CousinAmy.

13 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@SunnyAndrsn, I'll bet, though, he wouldn't do a home VBAC.  In fact, he'd probably not touch that one with a 10-foot pole.

Nope, that's why I said he'd never recommend anyone try it.   He would be amazing though, once she showed up at the hospital so Jesus   he could save her and the baby.  

10 hours ago, Trynn said:

Personally, I think feet are just the grossest body part ever. I'd never show pics of mine, and I wear socks on all but the hottest days, when I run around barefoot.

It's nothing to do with sex, I just don't like feet pictures.

As an RN, I'd rather clean up poop on a patient than touch their feet.  If I have a patient with feet problems, my co-workers know I'll do just about anything to trade and/or switch assignments.  

A woman in Virginia contracted the Zika virus after a November mission trip to Guatemala:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3432301/Virginia-mother-battling-Zika-virus-mission-trip-Guatemala.html

More than 3,000 pregnant women in Brazil are known to be infected.  And, new information proves that the virus can be transmitted by blood transfusion, sex and saliva.  Babies born to infected mothers have misshapen heads, deformed brains, and may develop blindness and paralysis.

Rather than discuss this emergency affecting people in Central America, Jill and Derick are painting toenails.  

17 minutes ago, SunnyAndrsn said:

Nope, that's why I said he'd never recommend anyone try it.   He would be amazing though, once she showed up at the hospital so Jesus   he could save her and the baby.  

As an RN, I'd rather clean up poop on a patient than touch their feet.  If I have a patient with feet problems, my co-workers know I'll do just about anything to trade and/or switch assignments.  

The day after my C-section, a nurses' assistant was "giving me  a bath." When she got to my feet, she handed me the washcloth & said to wash my feet. It's not like I'd been walking in cow pies or anything. I had an 8" vertical incision in my belly. How was I going to wash my feet?? I got up, took my iv pole & got in the shower.

Who hires these ppl?!

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

"Rather than discuss this emergency affecting people in Central America, Jill and Derick are painting toenails. "

That right there. Nail on the head.

Jill and Derrick are painting toenails because they are completely self-absorbed. The zika virus is happening to people who don't worship God(really Gothard), in the way they do. Therefore, anything bad that happens is a result of this. It will never happen to super special people like them. And anyway, how else will we know that Jill and Derrick have the best marriage in the whole wide world if they don't shove it in our faces every minute of the day. And by the way, Jill does not have the prettiest feet in the world and as usual, they look dirty.        

Because Jill and Derick can't possibly be painting toenails and doing anything of a serious nature at the same time. Based on that one instagram picture, their entire existence is clearly consumed with frivolous cosmetic pursuits. Everyone in this thread is omniscient. 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived