IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

That is exactly what I thought when I saw this on Instagram. Bc wasn't that why Derrick had to paint her nails in jessas wedding episode, bc she was pregnant and couldn't reach?

Not only that, but she WASN'T EVEN THAT PREGNANT. She was, what, 4 months at the time? It was clearly a "look at me and my sweet husband, being pregnant and painting toenails and being godly."

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

da6822bf9bbe374a370c6df74fecf8d6.jpg

Welp, I think we all know this is foreshadowing an official announcement pretty soon...

My husband is no super macho guy by any means but I am laughing my ass off trying to picture him painting my toe nails.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Aren't you supposed to wait 2 years after a c section before trying to get pregnant? If she is, it will be less than 2 years before giving birth, let alone getting pregnant. Still, Jesus will make everything OK.

Yep, you have a much safer pregnancy and birth if you wait at least two years before getting pregnant after a c-section.  Waiting is associated with better outcomes for both mother and baby.

I just had to laugh as she has her last name on the zipper case of polish. Just in case anyone forgot she got married and is now a Dillard!

Why can't they spend those 5 minutes with Izzy? I feel Jill is just so insecure of anyone that takes any time of Derrick's tends to make her green streak show. She would never admit it might be her own child but she is sooooooo clingy and possessive of Derrick. I never understood why he had to paint her nails for Jessa's wedding. She couldn't reach? She wasn't even showing unless she held her breath and pushed her belly out.

I do not think the problems of Izzy's birth will have any affect on Jill going forward. She has already stated several times that she had the doctor sew her up tight so she could have home deliveries for the next ones. She also stated the doctor told it would be fine and I find that one very hard to believe. I can not see a doctor telling her to run off and have a home birth after the delivery of Izzy. I really think she is so sure of her medical skills that her decisions are poor at best. She was very lucky with Izzy. I fear going forward that luck may not hold.

Derricks bro has a girlfriend. Not a court mate, or whatever. Wonder what Jill has to say about this. 

image.png

On 2/4/2016 at 6:22 PM, RabbitKM said:

Personally, I think they should stay.  I mean, they chose to be missionaries, they should stick to their commitment.  If that means they need to take necessary precautions against getting pregnant, then that's what they should do.  But imagine if every missionary ran for the hills every time something potentially threatening happened? There would be no missionaries.  If this scares them off, then they really shouldn't call themselves missionaries to begin with and they should think of a new career path.

(While I am being semi-serious, I don't actually think what they are doing counts as missionary work to begin with, so it's kind of a moot point anyway. I think that it would be better for the people they work with if they left, because I am sure that the Central Americans are tired of their constant badgering, but then they can hardly be missionaries if they did that. So my point is that if they want to pretend to be missionaries, than they should stay the course.)

I might think differently if the Dullard were actually doing anything useful for the people they claimed to be serving, like providing real medical care or teaching people useful skills. Were that the case, I'd say they should probably stay, since they are doing work that is really indispensable for the community. I think the medical missionaries who caught and recovered from Ebola a couple of years ago did return to their fields, because doctors were in such short supply. However, handing out tracts and doing shoddy plays does nothing but stroke their egos and make them feel like their presence alone is enough to convert people.

I just had the thought that the Zika problem may reduce the number of Christians going on Praycations through SOS in the next year or so.

If, as some of us speculated earlier, Derrick's job is less as a missionary than as a sort of Praycation Travel  Guide, maybe there will be a good reason for the Dillards to come back.

Just a thought...

Regarding the nail painting thing: I really think this is yet another example of Jill's overexposed TV childhood giving her a warped sense of what's personal versus what should be shared with the world. Plenty of couples are into things like that, and if they're getting mutual enjoyment from it, it's no one's business what they do in the privacy of their own home. The problem is that when they take it out of the privacy of their home and make it everyone else's business, it just gets weird. I really hope that someday Jill will learn that some things about their relationship should just be private and don't need to be shared with strangers on social media.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I might think differently if the Dullard were actually doing anything useful for the people they claimed to be serving, like providing real medical care or teaching people useful skills. Were that the case, I'd say they should probably stay, since they are doing work that is really indispensable for the community. I think the medical missionaries who caught and recovered from Ebola a couple of years ago did return to their fields, because doctors were in such short supply. However, handing out tracts and doing shoddy plays does nothing but stroke their egos and make them feel like their presence alone is enough to convert people.

I agree with you, which is why I said it is basically a moot point.  But IF they wanted to go on saying they were missionaries, and IF they were doing something useful, then hypothetically they should stay.  Even if that means abstinence or ebil contraception methods.

3 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Derricks bro has a girlfriend. Not a court mate, or whatever. Wonder what Jill has to say about this. 

image.png

I think they've been together for a while. I remember looking back through his Instagram and noticing a girl who looked like this pop up every now and then. I think maybe they are long distance? For some reason I think she's in DC or they visited together.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Regarding the nail painting thing: I really think this is yet another example of Jill's overexposed TV childhood giving her a warped sense of what's personal versus what should be shared with the world. Plenty of couples are into things like that, and if they're getting mutual enjoyment from it, it's no one's business what they do in the privacy of their own home. The problem is that when they take it out of the privacy of their home and make it everyone else's business, it just gets weird. I really hope that someday Jill will learn that some things about their relationship should just be private and don't need to be shared with strangers on social media.

Good point.  And remember that this is the daughter of the dry-humping in public parents. ;) 

The Duggars really have strange boundary issues.  The TV show may be as much a symptom as a cause, don't you think?

With the toe nail painting I don't really find it to strange. Every couple has their own little strange things and painting her toenails may be theirs. I know I have my husband cut my toenails or at least help me with it since I have crazy strong toe nails & finger nails that take a bit of leverage to cut them. But then again I usually need my parents help while growing up as well. And any one ask I have to use a toenail choppers for my fingernails. 

As for Jill being pregnant I hope not. But I don't feel like her or maybe anyone in their circle learned any lessons*. I hate myself for saying this let alone wishing this on someone but I think something more dramatic like a death is going have to happen before anyone in that social group to learn that they shouldn't risk their lives or that of their unborn child. Cases like Jill's & Jessa's  could have anyone with common sense knowing that they should stop or at least be beyond cautious with having kids. Scary birth issues is why I was an only child. My parents knew to stop at 1 and not push their luck.

* I'm debating about rather if Erin & Chad Paine might've learn a lesson about not pushing their with pregnancy outcomes. I really up those two don't take to many chances.

7 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

image.png

I recall her being on a 19Kids episode.  Dan brought her to the TTH, in shorts no less!  

5 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I recall her being on a 19Kids episode.  Dan brought her to the TTH, in shorts no less!  

:pb_surprised: how did such evil even cross the threshold?!

I remember him bringing a very large girl to their mother's day celebration. he looks great. She's cute.

In all my years in nursing, a lot of it in OB, could not even imagine a doctor telling a post C-section patient that it was ok & try a home birth. Only a few of them will venture to ok a vaginal delivery after C-section in the hospital.

That "This American Life" episode with the two teenaged girls, one fundie and one not, who had to take care of robot babies for two days, reminded me of poor Jill. The fundie girl had spent her entire life preparing for being a mother, and she thought she would be great at it. She wasn't. She didn't have the coping skills or resilience to deal with the frustration and fatigue. The other, non-fundie, girl, who had never even considered having a baby, did much better.

16 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I remember him bringing a very large girl to their mother's day celebration. he looks great. She's cute.

In all my years in nursing, a lot of it in OB, could not even imagine a doctor telling a post C-section patient that it was ok & try a home birth. Only a few of them will venture to ok a vaginal delivery after C-section in the hospital.

I had a fairly non-interventionist VBAC in the hospital almost 25 years ago. That was after 3 previous c-sections and one VBAC though.  It had been 3 years since my last pregnancy and birth and 5 1/2 years since my last c-section.  There has been lots of change in the attitudes towards VBAC in the past 25 years, and while a few OBs did support home VBACs 25 years ago, I don't know of any who would now.  There have been maternal deaths reported after HBACs.  Not good!

41 minutes ago, realist51 said:

That "This American Life" episode with the two teenaged girls, one fundie and one not, had to take care of robot babies for two days reminded me of poor Jill. The fundie girl had spent her entire life preparing for being a mother, and she thought she would be great at it. She wasn't. She didn't have the coping skills or resilience to deal with the frustration and fatigue. The other, non-fundie, girl, who had never even considered having a baby, did much better.

I just heard that on NPR today too. I could hardly stand that teenagers voice. I thought it was very interesting how the fundie girl had troubles with "parenting" the robot baby. This seems to be so true for a lot of fundie women. I wonder why that is? They are conditioned and trained from 3-4 years old to be a mom and then they struggle so bad at it! This isn't true for all fundie moms of course but a lot. 

17 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

image.png

Is her name Lake Harrison or are they strolling around a lake called Lake Harrison? lol

5 minutes ago, fannomore said:

I just heard that on NPR today too. I could hardly stand that teenagers voice. I thought it was very interesting how the fundie girl had troubles with "parenting" the robot baby. This seems to be so true for a lot of fundie women. I wonder why that is? They are conditioned and trained from 3-4 years old to be a mom and then they struggle so bad at it! This isn't true for all fundie moms of course but a lot. 

It seemed to me that the non-fundie girl had other interests. She didn't live her life for only one thing--taking care of babies. So, when the going got tough, she was able to sing songs or tell jokes and not take the baby's upset too seriously. It seemed that the fundie girl had SO MUCH invested in being successful that she stressed out about everything.

12 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Derrick  and his brother  have very different  lives. Wonder how Dan feels about the Duggars 

Dan (and Cathy) probably envy Derick. They both seem very starved for the spotlight. 

14 hours ago, withaj said:

I think they've been together for a while. I remember looking back through his Instagram and noticing a girl who looked like this pop up every now and then. I think maybe they are long distance? For some reason I think she's in DC or they visited together.

This is actually a new GF. I thought she looked different so I peeked at her IG. His old GF that was on 19 kids was named Chelsea. I don't know this one's name but it's not Chelsea 

1 hour ago, realist51 said:

That "This American Life" episode with the two teenaged girls, one fundie and one not, who had to take care of robot babies for two days, reminded me of poor Jill. The fundie girl had spent her entire life preparing for being a mother, and she thought she would be great at it. She wasn't. She didn't have the coping skills or resilience to deal with the frustration and fatigue. The other, non-fundie, girl, who had never even considered having a baby, did much better.

The non-fundie girl is probably used to having to multi-task with school/sports/cheerleading, used to stress, used to having to not being able do everything she wants so she may have to forgo the party or movies because she has a term paper. The non-fundie girl is likely used to having to change gears at a moment's notice because the situation has change. Otherwise known as having lived a real life. The fundie girl only knows how to do things in one way and was not raised with the critical thinking skills to assess the situation, determine changes that need to be made and move forward. It becomes stressful when the square peg doesn't go into the round hole. 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived