IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

On 2/11/2016 at 4:14 AM, Apricot said:

I wonder what they're eating over there.  I know the Duggar diet was pretty rubbish anyway and I don't think Jill is the most accomplished cook (remember she needed Jana to help her prepare a meal following a recipe for Derrick?).  I don't think any of them look particularly healthy including Izzy, he doesn't seem to have any colour to his cheeks like I'd expect.  Most children seem to have glowing skin, Izzy just seems really pale.

Please note: Im not snarking on the baby, simply making an observation.

To the bolded, I would have agreed with you until my sister had her kids.  They are two of the glow in the dark white I've ever seen.  Even in the summer they go from see through Irish white to a warm winter winter white. He very well could just be very very pale. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Well, the "lumberjack" look is in so Derrick's appearance could just be his version of fashionable. Let's keep our eyes peeled for a man bun. 

No way would Michelle travel to Central America if she were pregnant. After her miscarriage and with the Zika virus, she wouldn't take any chances. The only medical advice she's ever refused to follow for herself is the "stop getting pregnant" one. 

Better yet, a man bun with shaved sides. It's the look that says "I think I look like Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings, but really I just look like I was getting inducted into the armed forces and had second thoughts mid-buzzcut."

Jill and Derick are starting to remind me of Rebekah (Pearl) Anast and her husband Gabe. Derick has the mountain man look going on and Jill is into the whole hippie/midwidery/essential oils. Let's hope they don' go that route. I watched some of the Anast videos and they are coo coo to say the least. It's almost like new age/voo doo meet fundie. Very strange. 

On 2/13/2016 at 9:48 AM, singsingsing said:

You guys can be really awful, you know that? None of us know why Derick elected to have jaw surgery. It very well may not have been for cosmetic reasons. The man can't help what his face looks like. And can we quit with the fake hysteria about Zika? Millions of people live in those countries, not just Jill and Derick. Are they all taking precautions against every risk to your exacting standards?

This, and for all we know they could be slathered in bug spray.  As for Zika, it is a mild virus if Derrick or Izzy were to get it.  If Jill were pregnant and got it there would be great concern, if she were NOT pregnant and got it she will just be sick a few days. This isn't a fatal disease for people.  The only group that should be concerned and taking precautions are women like Jill. Sadly she doesn't have a sing brain cell so aside from a bit of bug spray she won't do anything to prevent having a microcephalic baby. And Derrick, who should know better, but seems to have had is brain sucked out during that jaw surgery, should man up and tell her NO we will NOT be having a baby while we are down here. 

5 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

If he's living off soft foods and smoothies, he's not going to be gaining much weight.

That is why it is even more important to see a medical professional, they could refer him to a nutritionist who could provide all the information required to ensure he was getting enough calories in the soft foods and smoothies to help lesson the effect of weight loss and help to keep him at a good holding weight until he could start eating normally again. Thing is he probably was provided with this information following the surgery and getting his braces on and in true Duggar style they didn't follow the instructions and thought they knew best! 

3 minutes ago, caszandra said:

That is why it is even more important to see a medical professional, they could refer him to a nutritionist who could provide all the information required to ensure he was getting enough calories in the soft foods and smoothies to help lesson the effect of weight loss and help to keep him at a good holding weight until he could start eating normally again. Thing is he probably was provided with this information following the surgery and getting his braces on and in true Duggar style they didn't follow the instructions and thought they knew best! 

I doubt they'd seek medical attention unless he ended up in the hospital. I'm not sure how they're paying for his orthodontic work, but I have a hard time believing they have adequate healthcare. I mean, he quit his job with benefits to be a missionary. Even without questioning Guatemalan healthcare (I know nothing about their healthcare system), I just can't see them as having access to specialty professionals like a dietitian (not a nutritionist -- anyone can be a nutritionist, but it takes many years of study to become a dietitian).

2 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Okay my take on the green shirt...I'm thinking of the TV show "MONK". He had a wardrobe full of identical suits. I'm thinkin' that's what Michelle has going on, because let's face it...we have seen that shirt for waaaayyy too many years. :pb_lol:

You may be onto something. In this very thread we can see photos of Michelle in both short- and long-sleeved green shirts.

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This, and for all we know they could be slathered in bug spray.  As for Zika, it is a mild virus if Derrick or Izzy were to get it.  If Jill were pregnant and got it there would be great concern, if she were NOT pregnant and got it she will just be sick a few days. This isn't a fatal disease for people.  The only group that should be concerned and taking precautions are women like Jill. Sadly she doesn't have a sing brain cell so aside from a bit of bug spray she won't do anything to prevent having a microcephalic baby. And Derrick, who should know better, but seems to have had is brain sucked out during that jaw surgery, should man up and tell her NO we will NOT be having a baby while we are down here. 

"During large outbreaks in French Polynesia and Brazil in 2013 and 2015, national health authorities reported portential neurological and auto-immune complications of Zika Virus disease. Recently in Brazil, local health authorities have observed an increase in Guillain-Barre syndrome which coincide with Zika virus infections in the general public, as well as increase of babies born with microcephaly in northeast Brazil." ~WHO

And, slathering themselves with DEET, it helps to reduce the amount of bugs that bite you, but it does not prevent all bites. Hell, I spent all summer in CT practically bathing myself in DEET and I still ended up with at least 5 mosquito bites every day.

13 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I doubt they'd seek medical attention unless he ended up in the hospital. I'm not sure how they're paying for his orthodontic work, but I have a hard time believing they have adequate healthcare. I mean, he quit his job with benefits to be a missionary. Even without questioning Guatemalan healthcare (I know nothing about their healthcare system), I just can't see them as having access to specialty professionals like a dietitian (not a nutritionist -- anyone can be a nutritionist, but it takes many years of study to become a dietitian).

My mistake with saying nutritionist instead of dietitian, I did mean seeing a dietitian, thing is I'm looking at this as what 'I' would do if I was in this situation, I do agree with you on all that you said above. 

I keep forgetting to share my thoughts--because they're important! haha--on Derick's beard. Every time I see a new pic, I think it can't get any fuller or thicker. Then we get another pic. -__-

--

I glanced at some general guidelines on preventing mosquito-borne illness, and it seems the thing to do is to apply DEET to the interior walls of a building, and to bed nets. For night-biting mosquitoes, that is; A. Aegypti bites during the day, so I suppose bed nets wouldn't do much here. Anyway, Jill doesn't seem to be leaving the house much, ;) so maybe she can get away without applying tons of DEET to her skin.

4 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I keep forgetting to share my thoughts--because they're important! haha--on Derick's beard. Every time I see a new pic, I think it can't get any fuller or thicker. Then we get another pic. -__-

--

I glanced at some general guidelines on preventing mosquito-borne illness, and it seems the thing to do is to apply DEET to the interior walls of a building, and to bed nets. For night-biting mosquitoes, that is; A. Aegypti bites during the day, so I suppose bed nets wouldn't do much here. Anyway, Jill doesn't seem to be leaving the house much, ;) so maybe she can get away without applying tons of DEET to her skin.

Haha I'm not sure how much that would protect her. My 5 a day mosquito bites came even when I was at home all day. We even got the house/yard treated a few times and it did not matter. I swear they were teleporting in through some kind of portal.

Uh, why all the dislike of facial hair? Is it because people think Dillard's looks unkempt? Or am I missing something?

I get that people may like, or dislike facial hair on their significant other. That's a personal preference. But in the grand scheme of things, of what fundies are preaching, facial hair is the least of our problems. So, I don't care about how Derrick looks, I remain concerned about the message he and Jill are preaching.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

To the bolded, I would have agreed with you until my sister had her kids.  They are two of the glow in the dark white I've ever seen.  Even in the summer they go from see through Irish white to a warm winter winter white. He very well could just be very very pale. 

Yep, he could be Jim Gaffigan-pale.

We can debate the zika virus and birth control all day, because FreeJinger seems to be populated by  educated people (and a college degree is not necessary to be educated, just a desire to learn and better yourself). We are also willing to learn from each other and entertain differing points of view. The Duggar parents don't listen to other views, unless it comes from Gothard. The children have not been taught to think for themselves or to question the status quo. They don't have any respect for science or the medical establishment. Of course, when there is a crisis like with Josie, they will take advantage of the skills of others. Jill and Derrick are just as arrogant as JimBob and Michelle and will do what they want when they  want. I think the arrogance is really starting to come through with Derrick, as evidenced by his recent blog. He gave up a regular job and life to become a Z list celebrity famewhore and it isn't going well. People like that don't see reality, they  expect others to adhere to their vision of reality.

11 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Uh, why all the dislike of facial hair? Is it because people think Dillard's looks unkempt? Or am I missing something?

I get that people may like, or dislike facial hair on their significant other. That's a personal preference. But in the grand scheme of things, of what fundies are preaching, facial hair is the least of our problems. So, I don't care about how Derrick looks, I remain concerned about the message he and Jill are preaching.

I agree. Personally, I'm impressed by his beard-growing skill talent gift from god. It just gets fuller and fuller. And fuller! And to be fair, he's let his hair go shaggy in the past. Remember this? 

xELEuJw.jpg

33 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I, typically, like facial hair. But there are extremes that aren't attractive. Those extremes are either TOO groomed or not groomed at all. Derick has fallen into the not groomed at all category. It's not attractive and it looks like a breeding ground for parasites and germs galore. Combined with his hair, which looks unwashed and unmanaged, it's overall giving the impression that he's given up on caring about his appearance/hygiene. That may not be true, he may care about both, but his not the impression either gives off.

As for the post that it's not the first time he's gone shaggy: there's a difference between shaggy and unmanaged. His hair in that picture may have been on the longer side for him, but he looked like he regularly cleaned and brushed it. Which is not the impression that the latest pictures of him give off.

13 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I, typically, like facial hair. But there are extremes that aren't attractive. Those extremes are either TOO groomed or not groomed at all. Derick has fallen into the not groomed at all category. It's not attractive and it looks like a breeding ground for parasites and germs galore. Combined with his hair, which looks unwashed and unmanaged, it's overall giving the impression that he's given up on caring about his appearance/hygiene. That may not be true, he may care about both, but his not the impression either gives off.

As for the post that it's not the first time he's gone shaggy: there's a difference between shaggy and unmanaged. His hair in that picture may have been on the longer side for him, but he looked like he regularly cleaned and brushed it. Which is not the impression that the latest pictures of him give off.

I get where you're coming from, but to me all other issues outweigh the hair. As far as I'm concerned Derrick Dillard can grow whatever he likes. It's the issues that he espouses that I have a problem with, not his facial hair.

I like beards. DH always has one. But Derick looks like he's on Survivor, the potentially unhinged missionary wannabe edition. 

Aren't beards forbidden by the cult?

15 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I get where you're coming from, but to me all other issues outweigh the hair. As far as I'm concerned Derrick Dillard can grow whatever he likes. It's the issues that he espouses that I have a problem with, not his facial hair.

I don't think anyone here said their only issue with him was his beard. It's just what we're talking about right now.

I think I might like Derrick's beard? I mean not really, but I always assumed that he would be the type that would look like a mammal with mange if he tried to grow a beard, so I'm actually impressed at how much hair he has on his face. I've said before that I've always found him unattractive, but I think a 20+lb weight gain and a decent hair cut (as well as a fully-healed jaw) would do wonders, beard or no beard. 

20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I think I might like Derrick's beard? I mean not really, but I always assumed that he would be the type that would look like a mammal with mange if he tried to grow a beard, so I'm actually impressed at how much hair he has on his face. I've said before that I've always found him unattractive, but I think a 20+lb weight gain and a decent hair cut (as well as a fully-healed jaw) would do wonders, beard or no beard. 

I think that with a little shaping and refining, the shaggy hair and beard look could really work on him. He reminds me of a lot of the tall lanky hippie dudes who worked as counselors at the very hippie summer camp I used to go to...except they weren't dicks to children (most of the time). Or...OK, this is going to sound super weird...with a bit of a trim, he'd look like Moses from The Prince of Egypt. So I'm on Team Beard, provided he shapes it and his head-hair a bit.

35 minutes ago, RootBeerFloat said:

Aren't beards forbidden by the cult?

If they were, then Josh would have been in trouble a few years ago lol

From the Duggar Family Blog:

IMG_9061.jpg

35 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I, too, am surprised that he doesn't have a mangy beard, but it is still  bit too patchy. If he properly groomed it, the patchiness wouldn't be so noticeable, since most of it is along the edges.

That said, Derick would look world better if he either went for the intentionally messy hair with a well groomed beard look, the just beyond stubble beard with well groomed hair, a somewhat bushy (not unkempt) beard with well groomed hair, or both being well groomed. But, you can't have both unkempt hair and an unkempt beard and expect to look attractive.

Also, because someone up thread asked earlier, here are some examples of good beards:

Spoiler

bd31bac0a2815aabc4d794893676efda.jpg

763ff5fcebf1b66738f4cd29e0b2d9f3.jpg

1bc2be3a9ee7e8c0af4d2be3ed9e0ded.jpg

cf710bb79997d553c642371bd1f91cf8.jpg

2214a52309278d401a6e8a603e30d29e.jpg

11 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Also, because someone up thread asked earlier, here are some examples of good beards:

Reveal hidden contents

bd31bac0a2815aabc4d794893676efda.jpg

763ff5fcebf1b66738f4cd29e0b2d9f3.jpg

1bc2be3a9ee7e8c0af4d2be3ed9e0ded.jpg

cf710bb79997d553c642371bd1f91cf8.jpg

2214a52309278d401a6e8a603e30d29e.jpg

There were beards? All I noticed were .... the eyes...

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived