IGNORED

Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

Palimpsest

By Steve:  "We love you and are so grateful you choose to be apart [sic] of our family until the Lord brings along the right guy."

We also don't want to tell people how old you really are as you wither on the vine.  Nor do we want to help the Lord along by giving you any opportunity to get out there and actually meet eligible men.

I wish Sarah could be apart from her family.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old is she now, 34? 35? 

This bit really stood out:

We love you and are so grateful you choose to be apart of our family until the Lord brings along the right guy.

There needs to be a space between a and part.

She's getting old now. If she gets married in a year she may be able to have 3-5 kids max before fertility levels drop off. But I don't see a marriage happening any time soon. As we've said, she's too used to be at home. Suddenly being totally alone would be a huge change.

Poor Sarah :(

I really do feel for her. Being a wife and a mother is everything in that circle and she's been by whatever circumstance denied that.

We love you and are so grateful you choose to be apart of our family until the Lord brings along the right guy.

Holy crap, Steve. Nothing like throwing your 30-something daughter's lack of marriage prospects in her face on her birthday. And please stop with this "choice" bullshit. If she doesn't choose to be PART (not apart—whole different meaning, Steve-O) of your family, what would her alternative be? Ostracism? Sarah, the Un-Person? Yeah, not much of a choice there, since family is her entire world. Steve Maxwell, Pro-Choice? NOT!

I think she is 34. Anna is 23, Mary 19. S&T have got to realize how strange is looks to their peers to have none of their daughters married.

I hope you have a nice birthday, Sarah. Maybe you and John can sneak away for a nice dinner with a bottle of wine....

I couldn't believe what I was reading.   The right guy??  I don't believe I've read that before in a birthday post? And then to see Steve had written it!!!  Ooh sudden thought...perhaps she's got someone lined up??

Ah happy birthday Sarah.

Didn't know she was already "that" old. Wonder if it goes trough her mind sometimes why God hasn't send her a man....and to have been reminded of that on your birthday. Go steve :my_cry:

Oh yes, I bet Sarah would love this to be the year she gets to be apart of her family!

Strange that they have started advertising her as being available for marriage after claiming she was happy to be at home the last few years.  I wonder if it signals that someone in the family is close to betrothal, so Sarah needs at least a token assurance that she is free to be "apart" too, even if Steve actually has no plans to make it happen.

How long before Stevie reads here and 'apart' gets corrected- Hi Stevie!

Also remember a few years ago that 'Poor' Sarah was not being grateful and Stevie  hung her out to dry on the tits2?

Also, did he just wish her a birthday filled with chocolate and snow? :pb_confused:

Hey Steve?   She is hitting her mid 30's and still living the life of a young child. She still shares a room with her sisters.  That's kind of like no life at all.  Chocolate and snow don't make that better, so maybe wish her the ability to break out from under you and Terry, because that's what she really needs.

36 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

How long before Stevie reads here and 'apart' gets corrected- Hi Stevie!

Also remember a few years ago that 'Poor' Sarah was not being grateful and Stevie  hung her out to dry on the tits2?

could you share the link, if you have it? 

Is it too much to hope that Steve mentioning the "right guy" means that Sarah herself might be courting? Bc otherwise this is just too depressing to think about on a day where the wind chill is already well into the negative double digits. 

5 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

could you share the link, if you have it? 

Is it too much to hope that Steve mentioning the "right guy" means that Sarah herself might be courting? Bc otherwise this is just too depressing to think about on a day where the wind chill is already well into the negative double digits. 

I wondered that too.  Like someone up thread said, after several years of being content at home posts, and removing the waiting for the right guy stuff from her bio, it's being mentioned again.

Either they're advertising her, or there is something in the works.

Don't recall her age and if she is courting then good for her, if that is her wish.  If not and as others say they are just marketing her availability,  that can be cruel if daddy's not actively looking.

Either way I hope her life is hoing as she wants it.

It would be nice if she was courting.  She's been raised to see a woman's role as wife and mother and I think she really wants that. 

Possible that Daddy is "marketing" her.  Seems that the Maxwells have fallen on tighter financial times and mayhap Steveovah is realizing that he can't afford to run a Home For Perfectly Able Bodied Younger Adults.   Maybe?  He is a control freak but he seems very aware of the family finances, too.    I agree it would be cruel if Daddy wasn't serious.

Hey mods, could we merge this with the other thread? Palimpsest and I must've been making them at the same time. 

So she is 34, right? I was looking for ages and found a post from @youthfulclearly on 1/18/2015 in the unmarried fundie thread. The birth years for both Sarah Maxwell and John Arndt is 1982.

On the Arndt thread someone thinks maybe John has not been toeing the penguin line because he has lots of conversations with dad. Maybe the only way both of these mid-30 somethings could get out is by marrying. At this point Sarah and John (and the other older Arndt boys) are strange ducks because they have been so enmeshed into their own cyborg families. Could 2 people so fully enmeshed actually get married and make it on their own?

Any way, Happy Birthday Sara. I hope a light bulb goes off in your head this year.

Considered me shocked that Sarah is being advertised for marriage again.

There really needs to be a fundie matchmaker. There are too many single middle-aged adults living at home with mom and dad in the fundie world. If Dad doesn't want his daughters to move across the country then he better buy a house for daughter and son-in-law and provide son-in-law with a job aka Jim Bob with Ben.

I would not want to be sharing a room with my two other sisters after the age of 18. I would be depressed. At least the 7 Sisters, rearrange and redecorate their bedrooms yearly.

Someone in the Maxwell Family needs to get married in 2016. John is now 25. Maybe John Marie can help find him a bride.

1 minute ago, accountingstar said:

<snip>I would not want to be sharing a room with my two other sisters after the age of 18. I would be depressed.,snip.

I will say it's a pretty safe bet that with the likes of Sarah and possibly John Arndt is that they are depressed.  Here they are, in their mid 30s still living the same life as they did when they were kids.  They are treated like kids in the home.   In Sarah's case, she has seen siblings and peers get married and start families., in short move on with life.   It's the same old thing, day in and day out.   Sarah is not allowed to pursue anything outside the family home.  John Arnt is allowed, but only for limited times, then has to return to the family compound.  If that's not a recipe for depression, I don't know what is.

My sister, who was the last one left in my FOO's Maxwellian household and also in her mid 30s got seriously depressed and she had a job outside the home plus some friends.   I remember being very worried about her during that time.  I can't imagine how it has to be for Sarah and John.

30 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

There really needs to be a fundie matchmaker. There are too many single middle-aged adults living at home with mom and dad in the fundie world. 

Kelly Bates could start a matchmaking company. Getmeoutofmyfathershouse.com. 

22 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Kelly Bates could start a matchmaking company. Getmeoutofmyfathershouse.com. 

Not that I know her role in this but so far none of the Bates children seem to be in horrible marriages so if she had something to do with that, why not? 

Archived