IGNORED

Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

Palimpsest

1 hour ago, bionicmlle said:

Yes, I have tried deleting then adding again and still it is not updating in Feedly since after John's birthday. So strange.  

I use The Old Reader and it's all showing up there just fine.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Does she only know the one expression?  Too bad it isn't a smile. [edit] Well it's kinda a smile but it never looks like a smile.  Maybe I'm just judging too harshly.

Making a smile like :-) with the dash for a nose was common in the 90s. You know; the last time Stevehova was 'of the world'...

14 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

Making a smile like :-) with the dash for a nose was common in the 90s. You know; the last time Stevehova was 'of the world'...

That's how I make them :-)

Sarah looks sad, her mouth is smiling, but her eyes bear the look of a sad & defeated woman.

There will never be a courtship or engagement announcement for Sarah, or any of the other "children". They learned their lesson with Chris and Joe' broken engagements. Never again will Steve be humiliated. They will only post a wedding picture after the wedding has occurred.

11 minutes ago, Justme said:

There will never be a courtship or engagement announcement for Sarah, or any of the other "children". They learned their lesson with Chris and Joe' broken engagements. Never again will Steve be humiliated. They will only post a wedding picture after the wedding has occurred.

We will only learn that John or Jesse's wedding had taken place after the fact.

6 hours ago, halcionne said:

@Koala @SolomonFundy She's wearing it with yet another skirt in the 2015 post, too. It's a nice sweater; maybe it's her favorite? It looks pretty on her.

I like it too.  I was thinking that I'd like one in black or red :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

That's how I make them :-)

Same.  I didn't get the memo to start leaving out the nose.  :-)

Per the sweater comments:

I definitely agree! She looks her prettiest in deep, jewel-tones like that turquoise. She's got a dark plum coat (or maybe it's a wrap or sweater?) that shows up once in a while that looks fantastic on her. 

Per a hypothetical courtship announcement regarding Sarah Maxwell:

I think the word is "plotz". I would plotz. If there is an announcement regarding Sarah's matrimonial prospects, hell , even a failed courtship or a first-class-right-at-the-alter jilting... I make the following solemn vow- I, SolomonFundy, will make a wedding cake and post pictures here in honor of the event. 

And then I will eat some of it, because there will never be cake more delicious than the fake wedding cake I make in honor of a fundie woman's marital condition whom I will never meet. 

Sarah is one day older than me.  My life is not great, and it hasn't been for awhile. But I feel really badly for Sarah.  At least I can come and go as I please, read/watch whatever I want to, eat and drink whatever I want, talk about something other than Jesus, and a thousand other pretty basic things like that.  I hope she finds some happiness and freedom someday.  I can't imagine living like she does at our age.  

10 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

because there will never be cake more delicious than the fake wedding cake I make in honor of a fundie woman's marital condition whom I will never meet. 

:Yes::pb_lol:

Can you imagine going to the blog and seeing surprise! Sarah in a wedding dress with her new husband. She'd break the internet as the kids say. 

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Per the sweater comments:

I definitely agree! She looks her prettiest in deep, jewel-tones like that turquoise. She's got a dark plum coat (or maybe it's a wrap or sweater?) that shows up once in a while that looks fantastic on her. 

Per a hypothetical courtship announcement regarding Sarah Maxwell:

I think the word is "plotz". I would plotz. If there is an announcement regarding Sarah's matrimonial prospects, hell , even a failed courtship or a first-class-right-at-the-alter jilting... I make the following solemn vow- I, SolomonFundy, will make a wedding cake and post pictures here in honor of the event. 

And then I will eat some of it, because there will never be cake more delicious than the fake wedding cake I make in honor of a fundie woman's marital condition whom I will never meet. 

I'm totally holding you to this. You know, after I scrape myself off the floor upon reading about Sarah Maxwell's marriage/courtship.

If Sarah ever gets married I really think we would have to set a time to meet in the chat room for our own reception.

I know it would be hard to work around all the time zones but somehow we'd have to work it out.  It would just be too big an event not to do something special.

This thread is a laugh to read as a whole. 

Beginning: what a dick OfTeri is to mention her spinsterhood on her birthday

Than: what a dick OfTeri is to advertise her for courtship on her birthday 

But wait!: a winking smilie! Could it be?

Finally: Hope Springs Eternal maybe maybe maybe she'llmake it out of the compound? Maybe? 

I'd love nothing more than to see Sarah happy, but honestly, marriage? I don't see that being the best way forward.

What kind of guy could Stevie-boy find for her? What kind of mentally deranged, half-witted jackass would want to submit himself to the rules of Maxhell? And more to the point, what would her life with such a man be like? Somehow I don't think Stevus would be the kind of guy who'd stand up for a married daughter whose husband is abusive / on drugs / sleeps with men in-between bouts of religion-induced homophobic hysteria / grifts for a living and can't even feed his own kids.

I hope she breaks free of the borg, lives on her own for a while, gets a few friends she's not related to, and then gets a nice boyfriend to hold hands with / kiss / date before crossing that step and getting married.

Free Sarah! don't just transfer the headship of her to another penis.

18 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Sarah looks sad, her mouth is smiling, but her eyes bear the look of a sad & defeated woman.

Yeah, that's why it looks like her mouth is in the right kinda shape for a smile but her face in totality doesn't add up to anything resembling a smile at all :(

4 hours ago, nausicaa25 said:

I'm totally holding you to this. You know, after I scrape myself off the floor upon reading about Sarah Maxwell's marriage/courtship.

Yeah, I shudder to think of the cake that I will prepare and decorate in the state of shock I'll be in. But, so help me Stevehovah, it's going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I'd love nothing more than to see Sarah happy, but honestly, marriage? I don't see that being the best way forward.

I agree 100%.  She'd just be controlled by another man.  And I really hope she doesn't have kids anytime soon.  I don't think a child should have to grow up in that cult like family just to keep Sarah happy.

I've been reading old Maxwell threads and thinking about Sarah, in general. I really don't wonder what leaving would look like for her. I don't want her stuck on Maxhell any more than the rest of you, but how well would she live independently? Or married? Or, as previous posters mentioned, as a mother?

None of us truly know just what 34 years with the Lord Stevus has done to her. We have a pretty good idea that she has the maturity level of what, maybe a 12-14 year old? Tops. I don't really know what my point is, except that if there was an engagement announcement, I think I might be worried about her. What kind of man would be attracted to a 34 year old woman with her maturity level. What, exactly is her maturity level? How much autonomy does she have in Maxhell? It seems like very little. So overnight she would go live with essentially a stranger? The whole thing is fucking creepy. It's also really sad. 

A bit OT...but what does the term "happy" even mean in that family?  I get the impression that all emotion, aside from the littlest kids and maybe grandma, is canned.  Circumstances plus biblical training dictate emotion.  Joy because of Jesus (no matter what), love thy neighbor (even if she's going to hell and told you to), sad for all abortion (even if it saves a woman's life), grateful for whatever you're given, fear of hell, etc.  I wonder what they're actually feeling and how they can honestly react to an unfamiliar situation.  I realize that all of us are more or less conditioned, but if it's my birthday and I'm not happy then I know it and can acknowledge it.  Can they?

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Yeah, I shudder to think of the cake that I will prepare and decorate in the state of shock I'll be in. But, so help me Stevehovah, it's going to happen. 

As Steve as my witness... :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

I've been reading old Maxwell threads and thinking about Sarah, in general. I really don't wonder what leaving would look like for her. I don't want her stuck on Maxhell any more than the rest of you, but how well would she live independently? Or married? Or, as previous posters mentioned, as a mother?

None of us truly know just what 34 years with the Lord Stevus has done to her. We have a pretty good idea that she has the maturity level of what, maybe a 12-14 year old? Tops. I don't really know what my point is, except that if there was an engagement announcement, I think I might be worried about her. What kind of man would be attracted to a 34 year old woman with her maturity level. What, exactly is her maturity level? How much autonomy does she have in Maxhell? It seems like very little. So overnight she would go live with essentially a stranger? The whole thing is fucking creepy. It's also really sad. 

I agree that in Sarah's particular case, her isolation and stifling upbringing would render her woefully unprepared for many of the challenges of an average marriage. However, her possible immaturity shouldn't be much of a hindrance to her success as a fundy wife. The types of men that Steve would probably seek out for his daughters are unlikely to have extravagant expectations of their abilities beyond housekeeping and wrangling children. 

Emotional sophistication is something that comes with time and experience for everyone. Sarah may never be able to socialize like an average woman of her age and class, but she is no less capable of love than anyone else. Hopefully, if a man is presented to her for courtship, she will find a connection with him, and will attain some semblance of life away from her father.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

I agree that in Sarah's particular case, her isolation and stifling upbringing would render her woefully unprepared for many of the challenges of an average marriage. However, her possible immaturity shouldn't be much of a hindrance to her success as a fundy wife. The types of men that Steve would probably seek out for his daughters are unlikely to have extravagant expectations of their abilities beyond housekeeping and wrangling children. 

Emotional sophistication is something that comes with time and experience for everyone. Sarah may never be able to socialize like an average woman of her age and class, but she is no less capable of love than anyone else. Hopefully, if a man is presented to her for courtship, she will find a connection with him, and will attain some semblance of life away from her father.

as someone who had never been able to socialize quite like a normal person of my ilk (just don't like it - makes my emotions itchy) I agree that it doesn't prohibit her making a nice life if given the opportunity.

people are often remarkably adaptable when life changes...we don't think of them like that as they live in a stagnant holding pattern, but if she loved him and he her she could find happiness even if it wasn't how any of us would necessarily opt to live.

i would love for her to have someone who is just smitten with her.  She's spent her entire live putting everyone else first (based on what they put out there) and I think it's about time she knew what it felt like to bask in some nice guy completely taken with her.

agreed with the comments upthread about her smile.  She has such a beautiful smile but this one didn't get anywhere near her eyes.  

Archived