IGNORED

Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

Palimpsest

Now I'm wondering if Steve has heard of Harry Potter. He probably has, at least to know it's about sorcery so a complete no-no. He likely won't get the analogy.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if he doesn't know (and based on the fact that he mentions Star Wars being a fad, I seriously doubt he does), then I'll spell it out for him.

Steve, you are Lord Voldemort, which is an evil wizard (aka male witch) from a series of books that have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus and are all about witches and wizards.

So, in a world of witches and wizards, which I know you already think are evil, you are the most evil one. 

12 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Now I'm wondering if Steve has heard of Harry Potter. He probably has, at least to know it's about sorcery so a complete no-no. He likely won't get the analogy.

I think that Steve has heard of a heck of a lot more than he lets on. In his mind, it'll be for "research" to know how to "protect" his family..... He may not watch "the beast", but I'm damn sure he gives YouTube a workout.......

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 10:05 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I'm going to hold onto hope that Sarah may court this year. 

Hide contents

I have a friend who is a good friend of Sarah's. Apparently, Sarah and "some of her siblings" came for a visit here last year and some of them are coming again this year. No mention of the parents.  We're a good ways from KS, I can't imagine those visits not having a "purpose". This was a quick chat on Facebook, I didn't get more details. I won't share if/when I do get more information in the future, I already feel a bit scummy sharing this much. I just know some of you share my soft spot for Sarah.

Delayed reaction - but was this visit the one to visit to the Frost family in Kentucky last month? I understand if you don't want to share.

As much as I am fascinated by this family,  I feel really uncomfortable hearing private news that has been shared in confidence to supposed friends on Facebook. 

Free Jinger is a broad church but, when self-identified fundies come here to dish out gossip on other, much more naive and sheltered fundies, I feel alarmed.

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Delayed reaction - but was this visit the one to visit to the Frost family in Kentucky last month? I understand if you don't want to share.

No. 

4 hours ago, blessalessi said:

As much as I am fascinated by this family,  I feel really uncomfortable hearing private news that has been shared in confidence to supposed friends on Facebook. 

Free Jinger is a broad church but, when self-identified fundies come here to dish out gossip on other, much more naive and sheltered fundies, I feel alarmed.

It's an actual friend, not just a Facebook friend. I haven't shared anything super personal or what I would consider gossip, but I do see your point. 

4 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

No. 

It's an actual friend, not just a Facebook friend. I haven't shared anything super personal or what I would consider gossip, but I do see your point. 

Sharing confidential news of a potential courtship of a well-known fundie woman sounds pretty much like gossip to me.  The fact that you learned it privately from an "actual friend" and decided to publish it on a very public snark site, says a lot to me about your idea of friendship. The fact that you referred to it as having been learned in a private facebook convo means you are skating on thin ice in relation to the rules here.

You have dropped all sorts of hints about your connection to the Maxwells. May I just ask that, if your information is coming from any member of the

B-H family who are the only friends Sarah has in your area, please could you think especially hard about the trust issue that you yourself raised in the FJ Community discussion on the same day you posted this rumour here.  I can't link to it because this is a public part of the board, but I think you will recall what you said.

Half of the B-H family were violated in the most terrible way by their own Dad.  The other half live an extremely sheltered life and clearly have difficulty in making good judgement calls about whom they can trust to call their friends. They (and your actual friends) don't deserve this.

Archived