IGNORED

Zach Bates and Whitney engaged

xReems

Not only that, it seems they drove all over the freakin' place once they got there. Flew to Orlando (central), proposed at Smyrna Dunes (Atlantic coast), and then a dolphin boat ride in Clearwater (Gulf coast).

Maybe they know the joy of Groupon. You can get some crazy shit for cheap.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa could call John her "beau"

I was also amused by the full frontal hug.

So, do we think the Duggar-caravan will travel to BOTH Bates weddings? Will Josh and Anna attend both weddings? [My inlaws used to live in Knoxville, so I've done that DC area--> Knoxville area drive many times--a long (but pretty) 8 hours down the Blue Ridge mountains. Although snow/ice is unlikely before Christmas]

Alyssa could call John her "beau"

I was also amused by the full frontal hug.

So, do we think the Duggar-caravan will travel to BOTH Bates weddings? Will Josh and Anna attend both weddings? [My inlaws used to live in Knoxville, so I've done that DC area--> Knoxville area drive many times--a long (but pretty) 8 hours down the Blue Ridge mountains. Although snow/ice is unlikely before Christmas]

If TLC fronts the cost of plane tickets and wedding gifts, I'm sure they will.

We don't wanna miss Jim Bob's prime comedy show of pretending to drop one of the rings down the sink or spill coffee on the wedding gown.

Glad for Zach after the train wreck. Hope Gil can make due without Zach's share of the tree-trimming profits. The Bates truly NEED kids to marry and support themselves. Glad both of these two have gone to college. Online college is still college so I'm glad Zach got to do that. And, she's certainly seen some of the world at Sonic!

I think TLC OWES Zak a nice honeymoon at least for throwing him under the bus on his first "courtship"...... I'm sure the Duggars will be there for Erin and I imagine all the Duggar girls will be in it along with all the Bates girls--55 or so attendants or something like that! :lol:

If TLC fronts the cost of plane tickets and wedding gifts, I'm sure they will.

We don't wanna miss Jim Bob's prime comedy show of pretending to drop one of the rings down the sink or spill coffee on the wedding gown.

I really would like to see someone call Jimbob out on his cruel jokes. If he did that to them and Zach hit him in the face, I would laugh.

I think TLC OWES Zak a nice honeymoon at least for throwing him under the bus on his first "courtship"...... I'm sure the Duggars will be there for Erin and I imagine all the Duggar girls will be in it along with all the Bates girls--55 or so attendants or something like that! :lol:

There will only be five bridesmaids(Tori, Alyssa,Carlin, one of Chad 's sisters and a friend).

It strikes me how relaxed and happy Zach looks in these pictures compared to the way he looked with Sarah Reith. The difference is really night and day. I'm glad for him.

Kelly wrote this:

I like this family more and more (by fundy standards, at least) the more I hear about them. They are still fundy, yes, but they also seem open to changing how they do things to make the situation best for their kids.

Kelly's statement here means to me that Zach was really hurt. I am very happy that the Bates changed there thinking about courtship.

Well, this is very interesting..Either the Bates family reads here or someone is notifying them about stuff.

I just find it weird how the second I post this thread, regarding the engagement, this morning Kelly, miraculously posts about the engagement. Fine, I'll let that one slide..HOWEVER...

On Alyssa's supposed pinterest, she mentioned how she's crazy about her boyfriend but that has suddenly disappeared in the "about" section AND all the "wedding" boards she had too.

I think they're trying to balance their own beliefs with ATI. What they show the world is in line with ATI, and the more conservative of their peers. Alyssa may have kissed "courtship" goodbye. Zach may not have kept all the traditional rules of courtship, but they would never show that. It's all still a show, even if it's not on t.v.

It's all still a show, even if it's not on t.v.

ATI/IBLP is ALL about "appearances," but I'm glad Gil & Kelly let a little common sense into the picture.

Glad to hear the wedding will be small. Do we know any details for Erin's wedding?

Kelly wrote this:

Putting two and a few together, I was thinking about Kelly's post quoted above and her Kelly's reply under the Lawson "Heading to Nashville" post about Lawson wearing an Arkansas shirt. Kelly said, "he's definitely a UT fan...but he's got good friends in Arkansas...lol." Obviously the Duggars, but I wonder if he's developing pre-courtship 'strong friendship' there? I bet Famy would love to strong cougar friendship him and, yippee-aye-ay, move forward.

I think a bunch of random people started following Alyssa on Pinterest after the link was posted here. It probably didn't take much effort for her to put two and two together and figure out that the 'public' so to speak was now aware of her page, and she might look too 'forward' by calling John her boyfriend and posting about weddings. As for the engagement blog post, Kelly had already said in the comments that she was about to post it, so I don't think it was in reaction to anything here. All that said, it would not surprise me at all to know that there are people who read here and report things back to the Bateses.

Kelly did not mention any Duggars in the Erin's wedding party. That probably translates into no Bates girls in Jessa's wedding party. hah, so there! :nenner:

Can't speak for anyone other than myself but I am more exited about Erin and Zach than I am Jessa. I do NOT have a good feeling there and I'll be damned if I know why.

Do we know any details for Erin's wedding?

- Her wedding color is blue.

-She bought her wedding dress from David's Bridal. The dress is being altered to make it modest. The Bridemaids dresses were purchased online.

-As I mentioned before, there will only be five bridesmaids: Alyssa, Tori,Carlin, one of Chad 's sisters(my guess is Brielle) and a friend.

I get why they made her take the word boyfriend out of her bio, but why did they make her remove the wedding boards?

The Roberts are definitely more VF, still fundie though. They do church with the Mortons.

Did you noticed that the Mortons and Roberts don't follow each other on pinterest? That's surprising.

I get why they made her take the word boyfriend out of her bio, but why did they make her remove the wedding boards?

Did you noticed that the Mortons and Roberts don't follow each other on pinterest? That's surprising.

She might have been embarrassed. It's like having your date spot wedding magazines on the third date. You don't want to be "that girl."

I've speculated before, but I think there was a bit of a rift awhile back. I think the Morton's have gone more right than the rest of their group. Mrs. Morton posted a "be content with your life" post, and it seemed to be chastising her girls over a snowboarding trip everyone else went on.

She might have been embarrassed. It's like having your date spot wedding magazines on the third date. You don't want to be "that girl."

I've speculated before, but I think there was a bit of a rift awhile back. I think the Morton's have gone more right than the rest of their group. Mrs. Morton posted a "be content with your life" post, and it seemed to be chastising her girls over a snowboarding trip everyone else went on.

You could be right about Alyssa, but all fundie girls have wedding boards. They can't wait to get married.

I get the feeling that things aren't going well for the Mortons.

Can't speak for anyone other than myself but I am more exited about Erin and Zach than I am Jessa. I do NOT have a good feeling there and I'll be damned if I know why.

That pic of Jessa and Ben speaks volumes! Jessa does NOT look on board with this kid. And he is-just a "kid"! Why would princess Jessa want anything to do with an 18 year old "kid". Could it be an "FU" to Erin??? Plus, Ben has bad teeth. :D

Archived