IGNORED

Zach Bates and Whitney engaged

xReems

But she is adopted, which may or may not be formally, I don't recall. Her adopted family are fundie because the dad is a baptist minister, but she came to them later on, I think early teens? Because there was some article about the dad that didnt mention her when they listed his children. And she can't be too fundie if she is going to a real college, working at Sonic, and wearing pants, makeup, and a decent hairstyle.

There are plenty of people who are super fundie out and about in the real world. The Gothardites are pretty damn strict but there's a whole ton of Independent Fundamentalist Baptists who work real jobs and who go to real colleges and who are really crazy conservative and really fucked up in the head. I was raised IFB. They have a whole insular network of protection and some of them actually even encourage taking jobs "in the world" so they can witness and save their co-workers. These people are not fundie lite, unless you base being lite just on appearances. Their belief system is just as male dominated and horrifying and fundamentalist as the Duggars. They try to blend in though. All for the glory of God. :cracking-up:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's where it was on the show:

7 131 "38 Kids & Counting!" October 18, 2011

The Duggars once again visit their friends, the Bates, for some fellowship and fun. In addition, the oldest Bates son, Zach, makes a very special request to his girlfriend Sarah, to begin a courtship.

TLC's cameras were there, but the original aired August 24, 2011 on an ABC news show http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/c ... e-14376119

There are plenty of people who are super fundie out and about in the real world. The Gothardites are pretty damn strict but there's a whole ton of Independent Fundamentalist Baptists who work real jobs and who go to real colleges and who are really crazy conservative and really fucked up in the head. I was raised IFB. They have a whole insular network of protection and some of them actually even encourage taking jobs "in the world" so they can witness and save their co-workers. These people are not fundie lite, unless you base being lite just on appearances. Their belief system is just as male dominated and horrifying and fundamentalist as the Duggars. They try to blend in though. All for the glory of God. :cracking-up:

Tell me about it. I'm surrounded by them. A guy I went to school with served in the military, worked for NASA, and is an IFB preacher. His wife and daughters wear pants. I don't think they are quiverfull (only 3 kids). They don't homeschool, but they are fundie to the core. His son took an interest in my youngest niece and tried to "witness" her. Yeah, that didn't happen. My niece is a cheerleader, outgoing, not interested in him, and was not raised fundie at all. She actually told him where to he could stick his Bible.

Yes...my coworker is also IFB. Very sweet woman with very dangerous beliefs who has also tried to witness in the form of inviting me to prayer circle at school. She has also sang " He's got the whole world in his hands" to her classes ( she's a music teacher) and mostly is skirts only. Her children attend a KJV, no music school based on the Abeka curriculum.

Archived