IGNORED

Zach Bates and Whitney engaged

xReems

I am kind of psyched to see that Alyssa Bates is calling John her boyfriend. Mark my words, she will turn fundie lite.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 8 place settings? That's practically an admission of child-free thinking! ;)

Nah, they'll register at Sam's Club for a few cases of styrofoam plates and plastic forks. The real dishes are just for show.

Wow, Alyssa is really crowing about her "boyfriend." I didn't think fundies used that terminology. I also didn't think that ATI kids were allowed onto social media sites, even ones as tame as Pinterest. Gateways to HELL and all that garbage...

I am amazed that she knows who Selena Gomez and Kate Middleton are. Especially Kate (she has an entire section devoted to her).

THIS one is going fundie-lite, if not all the way off the reservation, for sure.

All the Roberts girls are following her, and they seem really mainstream compared to the average fundie. Check out their humour sections, they watch or at least have a knowledge of contemporary movies and TV shows. Maybe they will influence the Bates girls to become a little more liberal (comparatively speaking of course).

All the Roberts girls are following her, and they seem really mainstream compared to the average fundie. Check out their humour sections, they watch or at least have a knowledge of contemporary movies and TV shows. Maybe they will influence the Bates girls to become a little more liberal (comparatively speaking of course).

The Roberts are definitely more VF, still fundie though. They do church with the Mortons.

So I was scrolling through Zach and Whitney's registry at Target, and I came across a piece of decorative art they selected with this written on it: "Be bold enough to use your voice, brave enough to listen to your heart, and strong enough to live the life you have always imagined."

Interesting choice for them in my opinion.

Seems fake to me. I know Whitney had a Pinterest page, but didn't she delete it? And all these smileys and <3 s, just like on Alyssa's page.

EDIT: The Pinterest ones, not the registry.

I saw Whitney's orange and purple page. It was all smileys and <3s and, in general, overly bubbly stuff that a teenage girl dreaming of marriage would put up. Alyssa's is basically SSDD.

So I was scrolling through Zach and Whitney's registry at Target, and I came across a piece of decorative art they selected with this written on it: "Be bold enough to use your voice, brave enough to listen to your heart, and strong enough to live the life you have always imagined."

Interesting choice for them in my opinion.

I noticed this as well and the same thought ran through my head. It appears that first courtship caused young Zach to change some things in his life. Good on him if it did.

I noticed this as well and the same thought ran through my head. It appears that first courtship caused young Zach to change some things in his life. Good on him if it did.

I don't know, I really don't get anything from that quote.

What exactly has Zach changed?

Seems fake to me. I know Whitney had a Pinterest page, but didn't she delete it? And all these smileys and <3 s, just like on Alyssa's page.

EDIT: The Pinterest ones, not the registry.

If it is a fake, it is pretty good because I can't find a pic similar to the account.

I don't know, I really don't get anything from that quote.

What exactly has Zach changed?

Well, they aren't doing the "hands off" thing prior to engagement and Kelly stated that while they hold the option of reading his and Whit's texts, he is a 24 year old. Small progress maybe, but progress nonetheless.

I'm not surprised if they're already jumping on the registries and last names and engagements. All these fundie girls strike me as very... teenagerish when it comes to marriage. Can't wait to have his last name and pick out china, etc. I feel like they all have diaries with WO + ZB and MRS BATES!!! scribbled all over them.

Granted, I'm getting married next June and every now and then I like to practice my signature with my new last name.

I'm not surprised if they're already jumping on the registries and last names and engagements. All these fundie girls strike me as very... teenagerish when it comes to marriage. Can't wait to have his last name and pick out china, etc. I feel like they all have diaries with WO + ZB and MRS BATES!!! scribbled all over them.

Granted, I'm getting married next June and every now and then I like to practice my signature with my new last name.

So, it is a woman thing. :think:

So, it is a woman thing. :think:

Not really. I know a guy who switched to his wife's name and he practiced his. If you are going to switch names you are probably going to practice writing it.

I've been married for a long time and the other day I unthinkingly signed my name with my maiden name. :lol:

I was looking through Alyssa's Pinterest page, and I don't know if it's a real or fake site, but this picture under her wedding hair category doesn't really scream "modest" to me:

pinterest.com/pin/483362972477043437/

Archived