IGNORED

Zach Bates and Whitney engaged

xReems

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, this is very interesting..Either the Bates family reads here or someone is notifying them about stuff.

I just find it weird how the second I post this thread, regarding the engagement, this morning Kelly, miraculously posts about the engagement. Fine, I'll let that one slide..HOWEVER...

On Alyssa's supposed pinterest, she mentioned how she's crazy about her boyfriend but that has suddenly disappeared in the "about" section AND all the "wedding" boards she had too.

Accountability partner at work. :clap:

While I tend to like the Bates family more than the Duggars, the whole thing is so strange. I wonder how many of the Bates family went to the proposal? And why is it only their family gets to go gawk. Atleast I don't remember a mention of either Chad or Whitney's family present at either proposal. How romantic, having a dinner on the beach with your parents/soon to be in laws standing over your shoulder and taking pics of every move you make. Ugh!

While I tend to like the Bates family more than the Duggars, the whole thing is so strange. I wonder how many of the Bates family went to the proposal? And why is it only their family gets to go gawk. Atleast I don't remember a mention of either Chad or Whitney's family present at either proposal. How romantic, having a dinner on the beach with your parents/soon to be in laws standing over your shoulder and taking pics of every move you make. Ugh!

Chad's brother was there to take pictures.

I just read Kelly's blog post. Soon I will be accepting donations for a charitable organization I'm founding to get Zach his testicles back.

Her body-language is .... interesting: She always has one hand at Zach´s arm / front as if to say "No buddy, don´t come closer!" Anybody else noticed this or am I a little bit... paranoid? :evil-eye:

I would'nt like this engagement for me, but at least Bates are trying to make their best. For them, mariage is the most important at life, so they're doing nice courtships/engagements and I suppose they will do the best weddings they can afford.

Bates courtships are more romantic than other fundies.

The look cute together, but 2 questions popped up:

- Do we know how old Whit is?

- How do they manage the sleeping arrangement. Zach with Mommy and Daddy and Whit in a single room? Or 2 single rooms and a douple? Quite expensive...

Beach wedding proposals are romantic, regardless of who the couple are.

Just not with a bloody audience, photographer and 'accountability' partners. Sucks the romance out.

Her body-language is .... interesting: She always has one hand at Zach´s arm / front as if to say "No buddy, don´t come closer!" Anybody else noticed this or am I a little bit... paranoid? :evil-eye:

I think it's deliberate to show off the ring for the pictures.

I thought the opposite: that she really wants to touch him

Thank you, ThatSnark. i had the same concerns as Aurora but the thing with the ring makes total sense. I looked at older pictures of the and no...no weird body language there. So you're right. Either the ring, or Zack had morning breath. :mrgreen:

There will only be five bridesmaids(Tori, Alyssa,Carlin, one of Chad 's sisters and a friend).

I've never been one to think "poor older, unmarried sister" (poor Michael) when anymone gets married, much less when a fundie gets married young, but Erin not having Michael in her wedding makes me sad. She is the only older Bates girl not a bridesmaid. Did Kelly mention why she was excluded? Can I hope that she's being quite literal with "bridesmaid" and Michael is the maid of honor?

Thank you, ThatSnark. i had the same concerns as Aurora but the thing with the ring makes total sense. I looked at older pictures of the and no...no weird body language there. So you're right. Either the ring, or Zack had morning breath. :mrgreen:

Hahaha! I definitely think it's a "look at my new ring" pose-- and at least she's allowed to touch him while showing it off. The ultra-fundie engagement pics where the new fiancée is standing off to the side look much more awkward than these.

Just not with a bloody audience, photographer and 'accountability' partners. Sucks the romance out.

It sure does. I can't imagine it being at all romantic when it becomes a family project and the engaged couple is being viewed as if on a stage.

Hahaha! I definitely think it's a "look at my new ring" pose-- and at least she's allowed to touch him while showing it off. The ultra-fundie engagement pics where the new fiancée is standing off to the side look much more awkward than these.

So it´s clear now: I am paranoid..... :think: :lol:

Am I reading this correctly? Zach took Whitney to get her nails done while mom & dad scouted for engagement spots? So, does that mean Z & W were UNCHAPERONED while they went to the salon?! If that was allowed, I am truly impressed with how much freedom the Bates are allowing their courting kids to have.

Am I reading this correctly? Zach took Whitney to get her nails done while mom & dad scouted for engagement spots? So, does that mean Z & W were UNCHAPERONED while they went to the salon?! If that was allowed, I am truly impressed with how much freedom the Bates are allowing their courting kids to have.

He is the one who actually met her, found her without his parents. I have a feeling they spent alone time (just talking of course) before they even entered a courtship. By the time they were courting they already knew they wanted to get married.

He is the one who actually met her, found her without his parents. I have a feeling they spent alone time (just talking of course) before they even entered a courtship. By the time they were courting they already knew they wanted to get married.

Agreed. I wonder if his previous courtship didn't work out because he had his eye (and mind) on another girl.

Kelly said that Michael backed out of being a bridesmaid because she doesn't like being in the limelight. Fair enough, I guess.

Totally relate, I was a bridesmaid this summer in my sister's wedding and it was a lot more time consuming and drama than I envisioned. Lots of fluffing and pictures and primping... I love my sister to death but would have much rather been with my kids and hubby hanging out before and after the big event.

Archived