IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

19 Kids and Counting (Season 6)

Michelle's Birthday Makeover

Michelle Duggar is getting a birthday of a lifetime as the older Duggar girls and Anna prepare a day of surprises for her birthday. But perhaps the biggest surprise may be from Jim Bob himself. And Michelle has a little surprise for the family of her own.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 Kids and Counting (Season 6)

Michelle's Birthday Makeover

Michelle Duggar is getting a birthday of a lifetime as the older Duggar girls and Anna prepare a day of surprises for her birthday. But perhaps the biggest surprise may be from Jim Bob himself. And Michelle has a little surprise for the family of her own.

Well we know they aren't changing her hair. :(

I hope this episode is available soon on youtube. I'd actually like to see the fencing clip. Of course fencing will mess up your hair but it's definitely worth it. It's too bad the J'slaves were taught that it's a sin to not appear perfect at all times. I bet they would have enjoyed the fencing and it's especially sad to see Joy shoved into the mold of the older girls where she obviously doesn't fit. Not all girls want to sit around and work on arts and crafts all day. Oh well, it's not like they'd be allowed to continue to take lessons even if they wanted to. This was a one time deal to fill airspace in their dying series. Too bad for the boys. Fencing is a great way to get out excess energy. (Or any other sport that they'll never be allowed to play).

I forgot to pay really close attention to this episode. I heard them say several times that they always buy fireworks "around" the Fourth of July, but I never heard anyone explicitly say they set them off on the fourth. They just strongly implied it. I guess (essentially) lying for Jesus is ok. It was weird how they cut the episode off but I think they were trying to build suspense or something. Will the purchased decorations turn out well?!?!?! I'm on the edge of my seat over here waiting to see how they pull that one off!!!!!1 It was a little odd that they wanted to crunch their shopping into half an hour, way to let Michelle know you care. It's not like any of these people are incredibly pressed for time or anything.

So evidently, according to those who have seen the previews, the Japan/China trip is next week? They went halfway across the world and there is only one episode? The European trip was 3 one hour episodes, IIRC.

We know there has been no filming except the Asian trip since the fake Fourth of July. I think they used up all of the canned footage. Could this really be the end?

Is Michelle really getting a make-over next week?

I guess they're celebrating her TLC b-day at home, then Boob will spring the Asian trip on the family. Voila! Special time a month or two down the road. I don't think they'll air it during Sweeps, since they don't draw big numbers (TLC has been airing the Duggars in-between Sweeps for a few cycles now).

Is Michelle really getting a make-over next week?

It's her birthday, and JB's idea was give her something every hour, sort of. Grandma Duggar's gift is a visit to an actual salon/spa (not the Spa of the Kitchen Table).

Watching now. I'm going to keep a running commentary of the episode in this post for your snarking pleasure:

Spoilers for those who are waiting to watch it on their own.

Time to go buy fireworks! Yes, hopefully y'all wont catch anything on fire, JBoob. Each kid gets 7 dollars to spend and if they want to spend more it has to come out of their own money. Annd they're picking up pizza. Big surprise. Boob is talking a lot about how safe they are, and to their credit they are standing by with a fire extinguisher.

They will be doing actual fencing, it turns out. JBoobs friend is in a fencing club. Jackson/Justin said it was buying stolen goods, which after googling what in the world he was talking about, he was right! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fence_(criminal)

Grandma Duggar is wearing pants in this ep! The J'Slaves didnt want to to do the fencing because it would mess up their hair and it was too "unique" ( as quoted by Jinger) for them.

JBoob feels like a knight in shining armor as he looks off into the distance with a regal look in his eyes.

This is the first fight Michelle has had with her Grandma Duggar in 28 years. That says so much about their lives right there.

Hannie was losing her breath easily and couldn't fence. I wonder if she has asthma?

Justin won twice!

Next up: The girls shopping at a craft store and cooing over more womanly subjects such as decor.

But first: Jinger plays two pianos at once! What a blessing she is.

Joy Anna sure is loving these womanly activities! Look at that JOYful face.

It ended with them oohing and awing at some zebra plates.

Episode 2:

Mack casually uses her baby potty as a living room chair. Lovely.

They got a kitten, its cute, and the kids are cute with it. Their first cat evidently ran away. I'd run too, lol.

Josh playing with a toy helicopter "again" at work. The employee does not look pleased with this sinful tomfoolery. Smuggar sets down his toy and tries to negotiate with two men to buy a car. Fairly ominous music going on here. Smuggar didn't get the sale, but the guy "might consider" it later. Dougie goes to play with his kids in his office. Wow, they did a flashback to when Mack was learning how to walk and Smuggar has aged a decade since then.

Yes James, Smuggar would make a wonderful wife to some Godly man, but only if he waits for the one true man God has in mind for him.

The Kellers are visiting! That's odd. Jichelle and JBoob didn't really tell the kids what they were doing. Maybe they were worried that the kids woud want to have fun in the adult only world of bowling. One of the girls asked JBoob if she could go and he didnt respond. Mind you, Smuggar brought their kids.

JBoob and Smuggar are grazing on fried foods from the bowling alley. Anna says she doesn't like competition and J'Chelle explain that women prefer to have the fellowship. Probably because if they tried they would do better than their husbands, especially Anna. Anyone could out-bowl that slug.

J'Chelle got two strikes and accounted it to the rails she was using.

Dude, Mama Keller is really...oddly shaped. Maybe its the loose clothing.

Who was that young boy with the dark hair and red shirt bowling? Was that a Keller boy?

JBoob got to beat his wife. He is proud. And tied with Mama Keller. JBoob wont give up there. He actually paid for another frame just so he could win by by one pin.

The J'slaves don't want to fence. When asked why the older girls aren't fencing, J'ichelle said "they're older girls, that pretty well answers it. It's all about not messing up your hair, and it would be embarrassing." Sports aren't womanly. :roll:

I'm an "older girl" ( 19 ) and I want to do fencing. I don't care if I mess my hair. Everyone's hair will be messed up anyways. :P

Anyways, I think the older girls wanted to fence, but couldn't because they were "older girls" and "older girls" can't do sports. Fencing unusual? Well I don't think it's too unusual. Not as much unusual as the other stuff they have done.

So evidently, according to those who have seen the previews, the Japan/China trip is next week? They went halfway across the world and there is only one episode? The European trip was 3 one hour episodes, IIRC.

We know there has been no filming except the Asian trip since the fake Fourth of July. I think they used up all of the canned footage. Could this really be the end?

If it's next week, the Asian trip is going to share space with Michelle's Marvelous Makeover and the puking kids. Not much time left over for such a long, expensive trip (and that was an awesome hotel room Josh and Anna had in Tokyo.) Maybe TLC couldn’t do much with footage of Josh wandering around Japan desperate to find a Sbarro.

So yeah, if I had to bet, it's the end. This has been by far the most boring set of shows I've seen and I agree that they looked like they were cobbled together with scraps of left over footage.

I don't like all this talk about surprises. Surprises are never good when it comes to the Duggars. :?

I don't like all this talk about surprises. Surprises are never good when it comes to the Duggars. :?

This. The Duggars are like toddlers... When they won't shut up, you know what's going on. When they're quiet... God help us all...

Guest Anonymous

This. The Duggars are like toddlers... When they won't shut up, you know what's going on. When they're quiet... God help us all...

Please, please don't be pregnant

Please, please don't be pregnant

pregnant = another season!! :shock:

Man, why couldn't the presidential debate have happened on Tuesday instead of Monday. The debates have more conflict and yelling than we'll ever see on 19KaC.

Oh gawd no, please don't let J'Chelle be up the duff again. I want to wish for a courtship for one of the girls or maybe JD, but if it is a courtship there will no doubt be another season leading up to the VSE of the wedding.

Guest LilaFowler

So what happened to the courting episode that was supposed to happen? That was the only thing that kept me watching the whole season.

Or maybe it was just a big lie and they're not even trying to pretend any more.

I guess I could see a courtship for JD seeing as they made a big deal about him having a house. But he didn't seem very keen on the idea. Jana maybe because she did the internship, but again, they implied not long ago nothing happened and I also suspect she's not too keen either as she's already raised enough children.

I think a few things we were told we'd see were axed.

Josiah's "Sweet Sixteen" party? Haven't heard about that either.

I'm concerned that Michelle was allowed to fence in her skirt. That's a serious safety hazard. I can just imagine a broken blade sticking out of her thigh. But of course modesty trumps safety in this family. It also trumps fun for the older girls. They can't do anything that would mess up their countenance or whatever they hell they're so concerned about.

Archived