IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

Has anyone ever noticed that the Duggars use a heart symbol to write the word "and." For example, "Josh <3 Anna Duggar Family" is stenciled above a doorway in Josh and Anna's house. I also remember Michelle writing "Josh <3 Anna" when packing them a sandwich. I like hearts as much as the next gal but are they not aware that desn't even read correctly? I guess cute is what matters? Also, why do their doors need to be labelled? "Kidz room" "mom and dad" Like really? That's a little too precious. Ok, rant over.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New video of them singing the "Blood" song with Michelle holding and interracting some with Josie and JimBob holding Jordyn.

Truly hideous shirts and ties on a few boys.

...and JimBob holding and not interracting with Jordyn...

That's what I thought, too. She probably felt smothered.

I can relate. I can't snorkel - I hyperventilate. My head is saying, "Self, here's this nice breathing tube thingie, stay underwater as long as you want to" and my body is going, "Self can't BREATHE under the WATER!!"

I'm the same way, too. Anything within a few inches of my face makes me feel smothered. And if you're little like Hannie, that can be a scary feeling.

Poor Hannie :(

Grandma Mary and the boy who fenced looked as if the had received some instruction....and paid attention to what they were told! This type of fencing is not grandiose sword fights with big sweeping motions. Rather it requires small motions of the tip of the sword and a back/forth of the feet and body. It is very, very strenuous, requires practice, and quite some skill.

I'm guessing the older girls didn't want to muss their hair in the helmets.

If the girls didn't plan on fencing, why go in the first place? Oh, that's right, because they have to cater to the younger ones since precious Michelle wouldn't know what to do with them if they ran to her.

It's like that time when Jordyn wanted cheese and went to Michelle but instead of Michelle getting it for her, she called Jana over and said "I think little Jordyn wants cheese." Nice, parenting skills, mother of the year.

I

f the girls didn't plan on fencing, why go in the first place? Oh, that's right, because they have to cater to the younger ones since precious Michelle wouldn't know what to do with them if they ran to her.

Of course they went, Silly!!! They LOVE spending time together!!!!!! :whistle:

DSCN3064.JPG

It looks like Michelle actually did get a haircut, but same old ugly style though....

Thank God. I wish she would cut it shorter though - If she was to cut it all to the usual length of her side bangs I think she'd have much healthier looking hair. It's not like she ever does particularly elaborate hairstyles (the main thing I missed when I cut my Duggar length hair).

Someone should drop her a note that says Dear Michelle the 80's called and they want their hairstyle back, seriously though I can remember having that same hairstyle back when I was in middle school in the late 80's and spiral perms with teased bangs were all the rage.

oh my God, Michelle is holding one of her own children?

It's Josie, the precious addition. Call me when she's holding Jordyn.

oh my God, Michelle is holding one of her own children?

Judging from the backs of people's heads in the picture, I think they're looking directly at J'ichelle. She only holds her children for an audience.

I didn't see the episode yet, but every time I've seen fencing on television or in movies or wherever, if it's training/practice, the fencers are always wearing fitted outfits. That makes sense to me - billowing shirts and swords just don't sound like they'd mix well - but could it be that the older girls weren't allowed to wear that kind of thing, and had to come up with some excuse? Grandma seems to be excused from the tighter restrictions, probably because she no longer owns an operable reproductive system, and Hannie is still small, but one of the adult/older teen daughters might acutally look... dare I say... sexy while fencing. I could see JB giving a big HELL NO! to that idea for that reason.

I didn't see the episode yet, but every time I've seen fencing on television or in movies or wherever, if it's training/practice, the fencers are always wearing fitted outfits. That makes sense to me - billowing shirts and swords just don't sound like they'd mix well - but could it be that the older girls weren't allowed to wear that kind of thing, and had to come up with some excuse? Grandma seems to be excused from the tighter restrictions, probably because she no longer owns an operable reproductive system, and Hannie is still small, but one of the adult/older teen daughters might acutally look... dare I say... sexy while fencing. I could see JB giving a big HELL NO! to that idea for that reason.

It's a protective thing. The material needs to be quite thick, and you're supposed to wear something underneath to blunt any blow that makes it through the fabric. It's why fencing kit is so expensive! Mate of mine did it in uni and I know it cost him a fortune to buy new gear when he slept around on his gf and she destroyed a bunch of stuff he had left at her (well, her parents!) place. I suppose the girls could have worn the top only, but I have a feeling that it's meant to connect with the tights.

If the girls didn't plan on fencing, why go in the first place? Oh, that's right, because they have to cater to the younger ones since precious Michelle wouldn't know what to do with them if they ran to her.

It's like that time when Jordyn wanted cheese and went to Michelle but instead of Michelle getting it for her, she called Jana over and said "I think little Jordyn wants cheese." Nice, parenting skills, mother of the year.

god she is such a moron. that's such a passive-aggressive way of demanding someone to do something too. coupled with the "keeping sweet" crap and the constant fake, forced smile and ~happy attitude, it's easy to appear at first glance that everyone is happy and doing things out of the joy of their hearts, but when you watch the interactions closely it's quite clear Michelle IS ordering them around.

i remember the episode about schooling where Michelle was snapping in her kid's face like, "come here", "over here now", *snap snap*, like he was a dog. she's just ridiculous.

And there's no one there but Grandma to soften the abuse. If the kids were in school, they might have kindly teachers and friends to lean on. These kids can't even trust their siblings who might rat on them. This situation sucks and it's on national TV for all to see. Instead of being called out on her abuse, J-Chelle is lionized as a great mom. I'm grateful that there are websites like FreeJinger where we can speak the truth and fight this insidious narcissism.

Also, J'Chelle makes me want to believe in karma. I cannot wait for the truth to be exposed and for these parents to get what's coming to them.

Grandma Mary and the boy who fenced looked as if the had received some instruction....and paid attention to what they were told! This type of fencing is not grandiose sword fights with big sweeping motions. Rather it requires small motions of the tip of the sword and a back/forth of the feet and body. It is very, very strenuous, requires practice, and quite some skill.

I'm guessing the older girls didn't want to muss their hair in the helmets.

I think Joy would have loved to fence but was not allowed to do it because she was a "bigger girl". Joy has always been athletic. I think its fair to say that she is a square peg being forced into a round hole

It's a protective thing. The material needs to be quite thick, and you're supposed to wear something underneath to blunt any blow that makes it through the fabric. It's why fencing kit is so expensive! Mate of mine did it in uni and I know it cost him a fortune to buy new gear when he slept around on his gf and she destroyed a bunch of stuff he had left at her (well, her parents!) place. I suppose the girls could have worn the top only, but I have a feeling that it's meant to connect with the tights.

You can wear just the jacket for a basic lesson and practice. The bottom of it has a strap that's meant to go between your legs, but you can wear it loose around your hip if you're not fencing seriously. I took fencing as a PE class in college, and we only had the most basic stuff-the jacket and helmet. Half the time the jacket didn't even fit, but as long as it closed around your shoulders and chest it was ok for what we were doing. Skirts would get in the way because the most important thing about fencing is moving your legs and feet, but it's not like they would be fighting for their lives in a beginner lesson.

And there's no one there but Grandma to soften the abuse. If the kids were in school, they might have kindly teachers and friends to lean on. These kids can't even trust their siblings who might rat on them. This situation sucks and it's on national TV for all to see. Instead of being called out on her abuse, J-Chelle is lionized as a great mom. I'm grateful that there are websites like FreeJinger where we can speak the truth and fight this insidious narcissism.

Also, J'Chelle makes me want to believe in karma. I cannot wait for the truth to be exposed and for these parents to get what's coming to them.

It bugs me how blind people are to the darker nature of the Duggars and their lifestyle. It's one thing to write them off as silly and ignore them, but to actively defend them?

Why do people feel the need to defend the Duggars, and so adamantly? If they're such a great family, they shouldn't need defense. If what they're doing is so wonderful for their children, why do they have so many criticizers? Why so many uncomfortable people? Furthermore, why are people so ANNOYED with criticizing parenting? :think:

When I've argued against the Duggars, a defender will likely jump in and say "You don't know them! You don't know what it's really like in there!", as if that makes my criticism based on the evidence I have invalid. :?

You can wear just the jacket for a basic lesson and practice. The bottom of it has a strap that's meant to go between your legs, but you can wear it loose around your hip if you're not fencing seriously. I took fencing as a PE class in college, and we only had the most basic stuff-the jacket and helmet. Half the time the jacket didn't even fit, but as long as it closed around your shoulders and chest it was ok for what we were doing. Skirts would get in the way because the most important thing about fencing is moving your legs and feet, but it's not like they would be fighting for their lives in a beginner lesson.

Oh, that's awesome! I've been thinking I'd like to give fencing a try (I am quite slothful and need to find a real sport... yoga while napping just isn't cutting it anymore) but was put off by memories of my friend's big expensive bag of uncomfortable looking kit. I should look into it over the holidays.

I wonder why they gave them épées instead of foils—at least in my experience, beginners are usually given foils to start because they're the lightest blade. Plus if they'd been given foils, I could've given them a pass on only wearing the jackets, since they technically would've been as covered as they needed to be. (In foil, only the torso is considered a valid target; hits on the heads, arms, and legs are considered misses. Whereas in épée, everything counts as a hit, so Michelle wearing a skirt on the strip was just that much dumber.) That said, it's kind of too bad they didn't just go all the way and hand them sabres; those bouts are faster and nastier than the other two, so I would've loved to see Grandma go nuts on Michelle with one of those.

Oh, that's awesome! I've been thinking I'd like to give fencing a try (I am quite slothful and need to find a real sport... yoga while napping just isn't cutting it anymore) but was put off by memories of my friend's big expensive bag of uncomfortable looking kit. I should look into it over the holidays.

DO IT. :handgestures-thumbupleft: Especially if you happen to be left-handed—southpaws have a bit of an advantage against everyone else.

Ok, now I'm really curious! The place I was looking at for lessons only does sabre. Does this mean I get to be vicious from the get go? I'm a righty, but what I lack in lefthandedness I make up for in underhandedness. Also, is it much of a physical workout? The vids I've watched on Youtube don't strike me as too taxing, but then I'm guessing my general lack of cardiovascular fitness would make a more engaging yoga class a challenge.

Do you still fence, EC? Or is it just something you did for fun at uni?

Ok, now I'm really curious! The place I was looking at for lessons only does sabre. Does this mean I get to be vicious from the get go? I'm a righty, but what I lack in lefthandedness I make up for in underhandedness. Also, is it much of a physical workout? The vids I've watched on Youtube don't strike me as too taxing, but then I'm guessing my general lack of cardiovascular fitness would make a more engaging yoga class a challenge.

Do you still fence, EC? Or is it just something you did for fun at uni?

More like the latter—I was well out of college, but it was still [cough] an unspecified number of years ago.

I only did foil and épée, so I can't really speak too much about the specifics of sabre. But yes, it's a great workout, because pretty much everything gets exercised (give or take the non-sword arm) with a relatively low risk of injury. Plus it doesn't take much to work up a sweat, since it's hot as hell in the gear—the practice jacket alone is like wearing a thick quilt, so you'll wanna stay hydrated and make sure the facility has proper AC. And while a lot of the strip action looks slow and repetitive to the novice eye, like a lot of sports, with regular lessons you'll quickly learn to see the frantic microdynamics of it.

Anyway, PM me if you like; I know there are quite a few fencers (or friends/family of fencers) on FJ, so you should have plenty of brains to pick.

Strange that it's okay to expose feet but knees have to be covered. I've never heard of a knee fetish but people with foot fetishes abound. It seems that if you are going to follow modesty rules, then you need to be thorough about it. God knows how many people they are defrauding on national TV by exposing their feet and hair.

I have always thought ths was strange too! I wonder if it based on being barefoot and pregnant or lack of proper footwear equals lack of opportunity to explore and experience life. (including fencing and fleeing.).

Archived