IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

I'm concerned that Michelle was allowed to fence in her skirt. That's a serious safety hazard. I can just imagine a broken blade sticking out of her thigh. But of course modesty trumps safety in this family. It also trumps fun for the older girls. They can't do anything that would mess up their countenance or whatever they hell they're so concerned about.

Okay, I haven't read all of this thread nor seen the episode, but WHY was Michelle fencing if the "older girls" weren't allowed to? That makes no sense at all. Can't the girls see how unfairly they are treated? Ugh! :angry-banghead:

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Jordyn's buddies are Joys ltitle friends and the defrauding daughter of Michelles high school friend (the one who wears jeans and has a real medical profezsion!) But Jordyn probably doesn't see them enough.

Okay, I haven't read all of this thread nor seen the episode, but WHY was Michelle fencing if the "older girls" weren't allowed to? That makes no sense at all. Can't the girls see how unfairly they are treated? Ugh! :angry-banghead:

Whatever the restriction, Michelle's the exception. Always.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised she fenced at all. One good lunge is probably all it would take for her uterus to prolapse once and for all.

The older girls were allowed to, they just chose not to. According to J'ichelle, they didn't want to mess up their hair and they're at the age(s) where everything is embarrassing. Jinger (I think) said it was too "unique" for her.

No one said they weren't allowed to fence, this is how rumors get started. People are already talking about J'ichelle and Mary's "first fight". :D

That's what Michelle said, but I don't know if I really believe that. I am sure that Joy doesn't really care what her hair looked like and I think that Joy would really have enjoyed fencing. She is such an athletic girl even though that is not allowed in that family.

Jessa, Justin and one of the twins are Jordyn's buddy team. It's not Jessa's fault her parents don't look after their kids, but damn, without a dedicated sister buddy, I think it's going to be pretty hard for Jordyn to escape the TTH without some serious damage.

That's what Michelle said, but I don't know if I really believe that. I am sure that Joy doesn't really care what her hair looked like and I think that Joy would really have enjoyed fencing. She is such an athletic girl even though that is not allowed in that family.

I don't believe it either. There's an FJer whose son fences she said skirts are a fencing no-no, which makes sense. Thus, my theory is that Michelle and Mary's 'fight' was a special put-on for the cameras, and the girls sat out because they couldn't fence, not that they wouldn't, per se. I know we've seen them wear pants for certain activities before (like skiing, fire-fighting), but I think they might not have realized in this instance. Proper fencing garments are also fairly form-fitting, which they wouldn't go for.

Anyone else roll their eyes when ever they say that hobby lobby is a "local" craft shop?

Yes. That's a Michael's if I ever saw one.

Also the whole "oh my god girls love CRAFTS! this is so mindfuckingly thrilling we have to limit ourselves to JUST THIRTY MINUTES OF PURE EXCITEMENT!" like it's Michael's. dude.

they all have wretched taste, too.

They weren't even "crafts". They were freakin' paper goods.

But you know how silly wimmen folk get about purrdee cardboard plates.

I don't believe it either. There's an FJer whose son fences she said skirts are a fencing no-no, which makes sense. Thus, my theory is that Michelle and Mary's 'fight' was a special put-on for the cameras, and the girls sat out because they couldn't fence, not that they wouldn't, per se. I know we've seen them wear pants for certain activities before (like skiing, fire-fighting), but I think they might not have realized in this instance. Proper fencing garments are also fairly form-fitting, which they wouldn't go for.

I hate how all these companies and organizations give the Duggars a pass when it comes to safety. I was watching the episode where they went indoor rock climbing for Joy's birthday. My dad was shocked that they allowed Joy to climb in flip-flops. Every facility he's been to has loaner shoes available if a person isn't wearing proper footwear.

Also, I must have Anna's approval for my feminine love of crafts. Why, I love crafts SO much that I am in talks with my (actual) local craft shop to do a fundraiser for the family planning clinic for which I'm on the board of directors. I'm sure Anna would feel right at home at the event, knitting or crocheting a uterus.

Never mind, saw the cable. It looks like it might be there to keep him from crossing into his opponent side.

My son has fenced for years. The cable is for scoring. It is attached to the saber(sword) and knows when the saber has made contact.

My son has been lucky to train with some very accomplished fencing teachers. His current one is over 90 years old and trained many olympians. My son takes the class for fun. I think it would be great for the Howlers but I know it won't happen, let us pray JB doesnt buy some eqipment used and try to have them learn at home! My son's instructor would not allow flip flops or skirts. Safety is very important and taken seriously at every class my son has taken.

I took Hannie's issues more with having a panic attack. I have tried on the masks and they are hot and sweaty. I'm not claustrophobic but If I was I would not want that mask on.

Just saw the latest episode and it seriously confirmed to me how out of touch with anything child-developmental-related Michelle really is. To say that you daughters aged 18-22 is at "that stage when everything is embarrasing" and to keep bringing them to fun activities, then letting them sit out as baby-sitters because "they don't want to mess up their hair", I felt like screemin at the screen :evil:

And please could an American FJ'er start a child-protection case for Jordyn? That kid brakes my heart.

Jinger was interviewed and stated that she did not care to fence - I believe she stated that the sport was a little to "unique" for her! I can see where it wouldn't appeal to some - it wouldn't appeal to me. But the others seemed to have fun!

Just saw the latest episode and it seriously confirmed to me how out of touch with anything child-developmental-related Michelle really is. To say that you daughters aged 18-22 is at "that stage when everything is embarrasing" and to keep bringing them to fun activities, then letting them sit out as baby-sitters because "they don't want to mess up their hair", I felt like screemin at the screen :evil:

And please could an American FJ'er start a child-protection case for Jordyn? That kid brakes my heart.

Maybe the older girls had on their usual "uniform" of skirts and flip flops. As noted about by another poster; the instructor could have a rule that no flip flops are allowed. Michelle, of course not wanting to share the truth as to why the girls were not participating, spewed that line about a "stage" they are going through as teenagers. Grandma, on the other hand, gave me hope! Choosing to wear those gauchos gave the clear message that she was going to be dressed sensibly for the activity! WTG!

The older girls were allowed to, they just chose not to. According to J'ichelle, they didn't want to mess up their hair and they're at the age(s) where everything is embarrassing. Jinger (I think) said it was too "unique" for her.

No one said they weren't allowed to fence, this is how rumors get started. People are already talking about J'ichelle and Mary's "first fight". :D

So the woman who wants to live in a city finds fencing too "unique?" One of those statements is bullshit, probably the fencing comment. Jigger had no problem turkey hunting. I think the older daughters were not allowed to fence as it would take away from their mothering duties.

When the fencing instructor asked if they knew anything about fencing, JB volunteered that they had seen Zoro. I smell a fib. I think perhaps he and Michelle saw the old tv show from the 60s in reruns,but I'm damned sure nobody in this family saw Catherine Zeta Jones getting her clothes cut off her in the Antonio Banderas movie.

Is Joy subject to the whims of the older established girls? She is like a freshman to the "older" girls. I can see Jessa telling her that if she wants to be part of their group she can't do boy stuff like fencing. This would also explain her miserable expression. I think she is being forced (perhaps by peer pressure not just parental judgment) into a mould that doesn't fit her - at all.

I hate how all these companies and organizations give the Duggars a pass when it comes to safety. I was watching the episode where they went indoor rock climbing for Joy's birthday. My dad was shocked that they allowed Joy to climb in flip-flops. Every facility he's been to has loaner shoes available if a person isn't wearing proper footwear.

Also, I must have Anna's approval for my feminine love of crafts. Why, I love crafts SO much that I am in talks with my (actual) local craft shop to do a fundraiser for the family planning clinic for which I'm on the board of directors. I'm sure Anna would feel right at home at the event, knitting or crocheting a uterus.

Here's hoping she's better at that than knitting booties.

Saying that, "it seems to unique for me." Is just a really bizarre sentence. Otherwise I would think that maybe Jinger just isn't all that into sports. Which there's nothing wrong with saying, plus there are a lot of people who live in cities that don't like sports. I myself am not a sport person (however, I still would want to try fencing. Heh.)

But that all 5 of them didn't want to fence? And they all happened to be girls and all happened to be older? I could believe that out of 19 children not all of them would want to fence, but that all of them would be in the same demographic (is that the right word?)

Plus, the only one of those girls young enough to be going through an "everything is embarrassing" stage is Joyanna, who we all have seen from previous episodes that Joy Anna is NOT one to care about her looks.

Jesus Wept.

I've been known to be a 20 year old with a perm who refused to wear a hat in the middle of winter in Montreal for fear of getting my hair all flat.... Everyone grows up at their own pace, and they are just not immune to those cliques things. Enough for two of them to deem this too childish or bad for the hair for the other girls to follow suit...

I took Hannie's issues more with having a panic attack. I have tried on the masks and they are hot and sweaty. I'm not claustrophobic but If I was I would not want that mask on.

That's what I thought, too. She probably felt smothered.

I can relate. I can't snorkel - I hyperventilate. My head is saying, "Self, here's this nice breathing tube thingie, stay underwater as long as you want to" and my body is going, "Self can't BREATHE under the WATER!!"

I will say this--at least the kids got this experience. It's one more nail in the coffin of Gothardism for them.

Michelle is a brainless idiot. I think it is a positive sign (and another FU to us) that the girls were ALLOWED To say they didn't want to fence.

Maybe the older girls were afraid they'd lose it and kill one of their parents if they got the sword in their hands??? :dance:

Justin seems typical of kid in a big family--he FINDS a way to get attention, and thank goodness he found a way to get POSITIVE attention.

Zorro the tv show is a common memory for folks their age--it was often on reruns.

FREE JORDYN ....too a good home......

Maybe the older girls were afraid they'd lose it and kill one of their parents if they got the sword in their hands??? :dance:

Awesome visual. A veritable mutiny where they all cut and run.

New video of them singing the "Blood" song with Michelle holding and interracting some with Josie and JimBob holding Jordyn.

Truly hideous shirts and ties on a few boys.

Strange that it's okay to expose feet but knees have to be covered. I've never heard of a knee fetish but people with foot fetishes abound. It seems that if you are going to follow modesty rules, then you need to be thorough about it. God knows how many people they are defrauding on national TV by exposing their feet and hair.

Archived