IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

I agree with you @nokidsmom because the way I think about it is that this type of behavior could have come out if he actually went to college or even high school. Like if you don't really do anything everyday besides the few concerts and sometimes helping your dad out with the trees you gotta entertain yourself somehow.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I agree with you @nokidsmom because the way I think about it is that this type of behavior could have come out if he actually went to college or even high school. Like if you don't really do anything everyday besides the few concerts and sometimes helping your dad out with the trees you gotta entertain yourself somehow.

Yeah, I agree. In many ways this could be just standard behaviour from college-age young men. Slightly eye-roll worthy, maybe, but who among us wasn't at that age.

@candygirl200413, @seraaa, if he went to high school / college, he might be past this stage at 24.  I remember guys in college who acted like this but in Lawson's case it might be a bit delayed.  And a good point made that he might need to entertain himself somehow because frankly I don't see the Bateseses kids as leading a particularly fun life even if the show (as well as Kelly) portrays it as being not so bad.  Honestly, I think when the cameras are not rolling, it's got to be a bit of a drag.

I totally agree that Lawson comes across as annoying and wayyy cocky, but I also see the potential and the sad way that his good traits won't ever be fully utilized. Cocky or not, Lawson did start a business and partly support his family from a young age, and he does seem to work hard at his music career. He clearly wants more for himself and a different life and that comes out sometimes in negative or self absorbed ways. In a different family, he'd be teased for being full of himself but he'd have gone to college and sought out a life he could ambitiously build for himself and earn his cockiness or get knocked down a few pegs.  He'd date around and get some of his sexual energy out through flirting and/or sex. There's just no good outlet in these families for any kinds of personalities except totally cookie cutter and bland. 

Lawson is young and getting more attention than he ever got from his parents, he may not become a big star but he's having fun trying, in a couple of years he will probably be back working his ass off supporting his parents and siblings. Gil and Kelly should be ashamed of themselves for ever letting him support them. They both went to college and could have got proper jobs to support their kids.

Lawson goes to Nashville alone to record, goes to the hospital for the kids, and is surround by regular people a good bit. I hope maybe someone at least at the hospital has spoken to him about going to school for music therapy. Maybe he will do something he loves and makes money off of it to support himself. 

22 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Lawson goes to Nashville alone to record, goes to the hospital for the kids, and is surround by regular people a good bit. I hope maybe someone at least at the hospital has spoken to him about going to school for music therapy. Maybe he will do something he loves and makes money off of it to support himself. 

That sounds like a good career choice for him, he would be good at that. 

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

That sounds like a good career choice for him, he would be good at that. 

He'd have to do a program which involved college-level Anatomy and Physiology, plus piano, guitar, and voice (and other instruments), and he'd have to go far away (for a Bates anyway) if he didn't get into the one school with that program in TN. Plus he'd have to learn music that I'm not even sure the Bateses would be okay with. I'm thinking Michael Jackson, hard rock, the works.

If he were willing to do the work, then great, but I don't think a SOTDRT education would be able to mentally prep him for the work involved.

I just had a strange thought. Maybe Lawson and Jackie Dee from MBFAGW should team up. She's trying to launch a country music career. That would be hysterical to watch.

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I just had a strange thought. Maybe Lawson and Jackie Dee from MBFAGW should team up. She's trying to launch a country music career. That would be hysterical to watch.

That would be the biggest trainwreck! I would love that! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I dub this "Asininity in an awkwardly sexy package." Bless his heart.

I had to look up asininity but yes, describes Lawson perfectly! 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't even know what to say about this...I really don't.

I'm in a childish mood, but I was just laughing, thinking that I wish the dog had peed on Lawson's leg.

On 22.1.2017 at 0:48 AM, Carm_88 said:

I don't even know what to say about this...I really don't.

I would really like the picture if somebody removed Lawson. Then it would be a cute dog and a nice view.

Althoug I have to say I like his muscles. Damn - I'm no better than any fundiemaiden.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I would really like the picture if somebody removed Lawson. Then it would be a cute dog and a nice view.

Althoug I have to say I like his muscles. Damn - I'm no better than any fundiemaiden.

That was my first thought too! Beautiful shot if you remove the moron

13 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Thanks. I didn't see that picture or didn't remember. What is the badge for? Is he a volunteer officer or something? 

Pretend cowboy

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/26/bringing-up-bates-star-lawson-bates-paves-his-own-way-in-country-music.html

Has anyone seen this? I found it on the keepingupwithfundies tumblr this morning.

Also, just a side note to praise FJ, but someone commented on a recent post from Pickles' fb page, about Tabitha Paine's creepy fiance's past, that someone at FJ had already figured it out several weeks ago. Pickles seemed surprised, it made me happy, so shoutout to all the great sleuthers on here!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived