IGNORED

Baby dies After Rabbi/Oral suction Post-Circ {merged}

Sinister Rouge

I think that there likely will be a prosecution for this given the prior order prohibiting HIM from acting in a manner that is likely to cause harm. The state is unlikely to ban the practice but once they found that someone has a transmissible disease they can (and did) ban the PERSON from doing it. He violated that and I would expect charges to be filed.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the rabbi who killed that newborn last year (by giving him herpes after circumcising him) has been identified?

Guest Anonymous
Does anyone know if the rabbi who killed that newborn last year (by giving him herpes after circumcising him) has been identified?

Yes. See eleven page thread here:

They said they were taking action years ago after the herpes and death/illness. I read recently another boy died this year so clearly they haven't really cared. It doesn't sound like they're doing anything. What does "strongly advise" mean? Did they ever prosecute? Looks like they're too scared to trample on "freedom of religion" and don't care about simple things like "freedom of child to not be killed or grow up with an STI, for an unnecessary reason".

It's funny the way "freedom of religion" is not important when it comes to girls' genitals being cut, but when it comes to boys' genitals being cut, "freedom of religion" is sacrosanct.

Guest Anonymous
It's funny the way "freedom of religion" is not important when it comes to girls' genitals being cut, but when it comes to boys' genitals being cut, "freedom of religion" is sacrosanct.

Yeah, if you want to read all the arguments about that it went down in the previously linked thread already. It's right up there with vaccines and peanut butter, done to death.

Yeah, if you want to read all the arguments about that it went down in the previously linked thread already. It's right up there with vaccines and peanut butter, done to death.

Seriously, if you want parenting drama, forget circumcision, forget breastfeeding, forget vaccines. Bring up Santa Claus. :shock:

People who are perfectly happy accusing each other of mutilating and poisoning their children (or, alternatively, causing them to spread disease both now and when they become sexually active, because the insults can definitely go both ways) will suddenly go into tears about how mean everybody is if you dare suggest that it's not totally honest to tell your children that Santa is really, literally real.

Seriously, if you want parenting drama, forget circumcision, forget breastfeeding, forget vaccines. Bring up Santa Claus. :shock:

People who are perfectly happy accusing each other of mutilating and poisoning their children (or, alternatively, causing them to spread disease both now and when they become sexually active, because the insults can definitely go both ways) will suddenly go into tears about how mean everybody is if you dare suggest that it's not totally honest to tell your children that Santa is really, literally real.

My mother was FURIOUS with me last year, when she got in my son's face, and yelled "SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TOMORROW"

I told her "um, don't TELL him that, Jews dont' DO Santa because we dont' celebrate Christmas"

YOu would have thought I told her that I was planning on setting fire to her house or something the reaction I got.

She then started on me "what's the harm?" and i'm like "no harm WE JUST DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS"

We didn't circumcise any of our three boys when they were born. But when our oldest was 4 and our middle son was 2, they both developed a problem. The pediatric urologist said that circumcision was the only treatment. I was pregnant with my third son at the time and asked if I should have him circumcised at birth. He said no... at least give him the chance that his foreskin would be normal. Unfortunately it was not normal and he had to have a circumcision at 6 months of age under a general. I have no regrets that I at least tried to let them keep their foreskins. But the judgment I face over this!!! Everyone assumes that I am ignorant. I don't like having to explain to people that I did, in fact, choose NOT to circumcise. This was a medical decision. Wow... I realize this isn't exactly on topic. I really have wanted to say for a long time that this judgment of me upsets me. Thanks for listening :)

We didn't circumcise any of our three boys when they were born. But when our oldest was 4 and our middle son was 2, they both developed a problem. The pediatric urologist said that circumcision was the only treatment. I was pregnant with my third son at the time and asked if I should have him circumcised at birth. He said no... at least give him the chance that his foreskin would be normal. Unfortunately it was not normal and he had to have a circumcision at 6 months of age under a general. I have no regrets that I at least tried to let them keep their foreskins. But the judgment I face over this!!! Everyone assumes that I am ignorant. I don't like having to explain to people that I did, in fact, choose NOT to circumcise. This was a medical decision. Wow... I realize this isn't exactly on topic. I really have wanted to say for a long time that this judgment of me upsets me. Thanks for listening :)

Who everyone? Why are you letting people examine their penises?

With that said, I *will* say that sometimes people in the US - even doctors! - assume circumcision is the best solution to any problems with the foreskin. Circumcised is what they're used to, I guess. Some of the things I've heard about happening in doctor's offices have convinced me to always get a second opinion, unfortunately.

This is the reason I had my son circ'd. I have an uncle that had to get circ as an adult and he said it was horrible. He wished he'd been circ'd as an infant as it would have spared him the trauma he experienced as an adult. My husband has two nephews that had multiple problems which resulted in circs for both of them. When we found out I was carrying a boy, we talked it over and decided to go ahead and do it since we have a history of problems in the family.

No one is examining them. I just end up in some conversations about it with militant anti-circumcizers and I've been asked what we did. What it really comes down to is that I need to stop being so sensitive and worrying about disapproval all the time.

No one is examining them. I just end up in some conversations about it with militant anti-circumcizers and I've been asked what we did. What it really comes down to is that I need to stop being so sensitive and worrying about disapproval all the time.

Your best bet? "oh, we don't talk about that. That's between my son, his pediatrician and his future wife". And if they say "so you did?", "I'm not saying if we did or didn't. What i'm saying is its nobody's business but my son's"

90% of the time they back the hell off.

It would be wise to remember that they don't deserve any answers to such personal questions. Besides, most of them would agree that circumcision is okay if there is a medical need. That sounds like what happened. If they don't agree with circ. even when it's medically needed then they're just crazy and you should avoid talking to them anyway. 8-)

It would be wise to remember that they don't deserve any answers to such personal questions. Besides, most of them would agree that circumcision is okay if there is a medical need. That sounds like what happened. If they don't agree with circ. even when it's medically needed then they're just crazy and you should avoid talking to them anyway. 8-)

You haven't met some of them that I have. Apparently you should do everything short of DEATH to save your son's foreskin.

Friend of mine, her son was born with holes in his junk I can't remember the name of the condition, but literally his urine came out from a hole through the side of his penis near the base. They HAD to use the foreskin to rebuild his boyhood. SHE gets crap over it!!!

Archived