IGNORED

Michael Courage Bradrick

Want More Babies

I'm not sure she really did, or that she felt that she had any choice. She drank the kool aid as a teen, her dad sold her off. She came from a family that was much smaller, due to being by adoption, not by fertility, and had a decent amount of money through property ownership. I suspect that now she thinks that she has no choice and no way out.

Yeah, the recently-learned (by me, at least) fact that her family became dominionist in her teens explains a lot about Kelly, IMO. She didn't have to take care of a passel of young siblings or see her mother suffering with endless pregnancies and struggling to homeschool a large brood. I'm guessing that she probably also didn't endure the harsh "training" of children that she is probably now expected to carry out. Coming into the culture in her teens, it's quite possible that she bought into the fairytale image of courtship and dominionist marriage and militant fecundity even more intensely than girls who grew up in it and experienced the reality, and from what I've read of her pre-marriage writing, it seems that she was a smart young woman who intellectualized the whole thing, buying into the pseudo-intellectualism of VF. Add to this the fact that she is stunning and probably quite charming, it's not surprising that she eagerly took to the VF princess pedestal that was all ready for her. The fact that she married the most hardcore dude that came across her path just demonstrates how seriously she took the whole thing - and if we are to believe the guy who came here and dished on VF inside gossip, Kelly had many suitors and could have had anyone.

All this to say that no matter how intently she went into it and how hard she still bangs her drum, I doubt there is any way she could have know what she was REALLY getting herself into. Nor could she have known just how amazingly fertile she would be. The SAHD side of the QF princess pedestal is mostly talk - the wife side is non-stop work until you drop dead, and it looks like she's close to it.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, there was no way for her to know how incredibly fertile she turned out to be. She probably imagined she would have a baby every 2 or 3 years and would maybe end up with 8 total. She's well on her way to having 15 kids.

Yeah, the recently-learned (by me, at least) fact that her family became dominionist in her teens explains a lot about Kelly, IMO. She didn't have to take care of a passel of young siblings or see her mother suffering with endless pregnancies and struggling to homeschool a large brood. I'm guessing that she probably also didn't endure the harsh "training" of children that she is probably now expected to carry out. Coming into the culture in her teens, it's quite possible that she bought into the fairytale image of courtship and dominionist marriage and militant fecundity even more intensely than girls who grew up in it and experienced the reality, and from what I've read of her pre-marriage writing, it seems that she was a smart young woman who intellectualized the whole thing, buying into the pseudo-intellectualism of VF. Add to this the fact that she is stunning and probably quite charming, it's not surprising that she eagerly took to the VF princess pedestal that was all ready for her. The fact that she married the most hardcore dude that came across her path just demonstrates how seriously she took the whole thing - and if we are to believe the guy who came here and dished on VF inside gossip, Kelly had many suitors and could have had anyone.

All this to say that no matter how intently she went into it and how hard she still bangs her drum, I doubt there is any way she could have know what she was REALLY getting herself into. Nor could she have known just how amazingly fertile she would be. The SAHD side of the QF princess pedestal is mostly talk - the wife side is non-stop work until you drop dead, and it looks like she's close to it.

I believe KISA confirmed that Kelly is just as hardcore as Sippy Cup. She had it easy, and I'm sure being a VF brood are has been a rude awakening.

Also, there was no way for her to know how incredibly fertile she turned out to be. She probably imagined she would have a baby every 2 or 3 years and would maybe end up with 8 total. She's well on her way to having 15 kids.

This, except I don't think her body's going to be making it to double digits with all surviving.

Ok. You guys make a lot of sense. Those vows though? GAG!

At the time they were bragging all over about how the vows are all taken from Scripture - they found various Bible quotes and stitched them all together.

At the time they were bragging all over about how the vows are all taken from Scripture - they found various Bible quotes and stitched them all together.

The irony of this is that part of it is Ruth's pledge to Naomi. Something my partner and I plan on using in our own wedding ceremony. :lol:

Gardenvarietycitizen, thanks for explaining!

I was confused by the practical aspect, which is how I think of warfare. For example there's a very simple technique for IEDs using ruts in the road. There are also multiple techniques in modern warfare which do not involve any of that crap yet aren't highly technical either.

Had I a child and bizarrely felt the pressing need to train her in any of this, it would be counterterrorism not WW1/2 battle tactics.

From the announcement on Peter's FB page:

Steven Rebecca Loomis: Rejoicing with you all in the birth of you newest arrow!!

Seriously? That sounds like a parody by an FJer.

On an iPad so I can't look up stuff as easily, but didn't Kelly's dad, Scott, actually get undergraduate & graduate degrees from fairly reputable places?

And he "consents" to let his smart, talented (not to mention pretty) daughter marry this jug-eared, pompous nincompoop of a high school graduate? That is, if a SODRT = HS, even GET?

From the announcement on Peter's FB page:

Seriously? That sounds like a parody by an FJer.

Is that supposed to be "Steven AND Rebecca Loomis," or does Rebecca lose all her individual identity once she's married?

I hate that "Mrs. John Smith." I took my husband's last name because I wanted to, but that doesn't mean I'm no longer me. Besides, I identify myself with my first name. Kinda like Madonna and Cher, but not famous, or daring in the fashion department.

Is that supposed to be "Steven AND Rebecca Loomis," or does Rebecca lose all her individual identity once she's married?

Nope, their FB account is "Steven Rebecca Loomis". It's also creepy that they have a joint account -- can't trust each other being alone on a social network?!

I hate that "Mrs. John Smith." I took my husband's last name because I wanted to, but that doesn't mean I'm no longer me. Besides, I identify myself with my first name. Kinda like Madonna and Cher, but not famous, or daring in the fashion department.

My last name was ugly so I took my husband's. I did NOT take his first name too. It used to drive me crazy that I couldn't break my grandmother of addressing letters to me as Mrs. husband's first and last name. She was just following the rules of etiquette that she had been taught but I did not loose me when I married.

I know a religious Catholic couple that share one FB account, but it's under his name. It's really weird whenever I get messages from her because I keep wondering why her husband is messaging me, lol.

BTW, this friend once told me that she was so glad she was marrying a good Catholic guy because it meant she would never have to worry about him cheating since he answered to a "higher authority." This is a 29 y/o educated woman who wasn't always super-religious. Blew my mind.

The irony of this is that part of it is Ruth's pledge to Naomi. Something my partner and I plan on using in our own wedding ceremony. :lol:

Yeah that was ironic to me as well. It was a pledge to Naomi, not her spouse. I always interpreted it as more about family and almost conversion to Judaism than about patriarchy.

On an iPad so I can't look up stuff as easily, but didn't Kelly's dad, Scott, actually get undergraduate & graduate degrees from fairly reputable places?

And he "consents" to let his smart, talented (not to mention pretty) daughter marry this jug-eared, pompous nincompoop of a high school graduate? That is, if a SODRT = HS, even GET?

From his site:

Scott graduated from California State University in Fullerton with a degree in History and received a Master of Divinity degree from Talbot School of Theology.

Did we see this? I just came across it.

Courage's 1st video

vimeo.com/43216736

I am not a native speaker or live in the US, but I always had the impression that everyone is on a first name basis. So, isn't it odd as someone who has worked so close with DP to call him Mr.? And saying "I/we love you" in the same sentence which I consider to be quite intimate? Plus, anybody else notices how many times they repeat the ILY?

Oh, I nearly forgot: Happy belated birthday to MR. Phillips who is a tool!

Courage's 1st video

vimeo.com/43216736

I am not a native speaker or live in the US, but I always had the impression that everyone is on a first name basis. So, isn't it odd as someone who has worked so close with DP to call him Mr.? And saying "I/we love you" in the same sentence which I consider to be quite intimate? Plus, anybody else notices how many times they repeat the ILY?

Awwww -- baby's first tool-ass-kissing. :roll:

Good thing Kelly is so "sturdy," since she had to get all prettied up for this boot-licking, instead of resting with her baby.

Courage's 1st video

vimeo.com/43216736

On the Mr. thing, it may be formal, or it may just be what they used, it doesn't strike me as odd.

But Kelly looks very uncomfortable.

Awwww -- baby's first tool-ass-kissing. :roll:

Good thing Kelly is so "sturdy," since she had to get all prettied up for this boot-licking, instead of resting with her baby.

You have to to be shitting me. I know that Petey is Dougie's bosom friend, but for fucks sake your wife just had a kid. I guess we should be thankful that all he is making the new mom do this time is pose for a video and not hauling her across the ocean to follow Doug around.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Peter Bradrick is a dipshit.

Kelly looks like she would rather be doing anything but making a video. I don't think the kid is even 24 hours old and they are already pimping the kid out to Doug.

Oh, and I would also like to add Doug Philips is a tool.

Kelly looks flat-out exhausted. Leave. the. poor. woman. alone!!!

Doug Phillips is a tool. So is Peter.

Courage's 1st video

vimeo.com/43216736

It's a thing in some circles (definitely in fundie circles) to continue to use "Mr. Lastname" and "Mrs. Lastname" to address or refer to people who are of your parents' generation or older. Lots of fundies take pride in doing this, finding it old-fashioned and therefore good.

To me, "Mr. Lastname" addresses sound normal if I first met the person when I was an actual child (usually that would mean the person was a friend of my parents) and I've not really been close to the person or seen them often since then, and I'm still considering the person in reference to my parents and it feels strange to change their "name" after all this time.

However, if I meet an older person (even a much older person) when I am already an adult I will use their first name. Most adults address themselves to other adults this way, and so the first name sticks.

Additionally, every place I've ever worked in the US has had everyone using first names. Even people so far above me that I will likely never have the chance to mix with them casually, people whom I would be very deferential to if we did meet, still are talked about with first names (or sometimes a last name, depending) but not "Mr." or "Mrs." Very often we will talk about "what did Jane say at that meeting?" when Jane is a vice president of the company and the meeting is something I'd never be invited to.

Edit to add: Now I've watched the video, and I remember reading about their wedding. In the beginning of the video Kelly talks about how Doug had a relationship with her family and with "Papa." He mentored them and did the whole "our family is friends with your family" "fellowshipping" thing, so it probably IS normal for them to call Doug "Mr. Phillips" since they first knew him as a friend of their parents.

That said though, if they're working closely with him now as interns or whatever (are they? I don't follow Petey too much) then eventually a secular person would probably switch to "Doug" at some point, though I see they live in North Carolina so maybe things are different too (I live in the Midwest).

The baby is still in the hospital, probably the NICU, and Peter is all over making a happy birthday video? Such a stressful time for most and he looks happy as a clam while she looks like she's stressed out.

Archived