IGNORED

Michael Courage Bradrick

Want More Babies

So this is #5, with older siblings including Geneva Constance and Knox Defender? Does that mean Kelly wins all the quivers, having the coveted "5 under 5"?

It's true. WIth the babies coming so close together, they might not have time to pick out proper names for the next four or five.

Not to worry Peter! I've come up with some ideas for you.

For baby girls:

Dutiful Servant Bradrick

Faithful Astonished Bradrick

Obliging Helpmeet Bradrick

And for the boys:

Forceful Invader Bradrick

Diligent Confessor Bradrick

Fierce Lieutenant Bradrick

I'm way too into this. I'm going to bed.

*Edited because I DO know the difference between to and too.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:teasing-whipyellow::laughing-rolling:

:greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:

Shyza! BEtween this and fondling Uriah's differential, I'm laughing so hard I've forgotten why I was mad at my husband earlier tonight!!!!

Oh, gosh........ hey, Pete? Can Courage(the Cowardly Dog)(oops, wrong Courage)* at least shed his umbilical stump before he has to go off and fight feminists? Thanks for considering it ... I mean, the kid *is* here 5 weeks early, and all.

*thisolegirl beat me to it! Kudos! :D

Faakin 'ell.

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage

Fun fact: "Nox" is how you put out your magic light in Harry Potter. You named your baby a spell, Peter! Didn't you listen when Dougie told you that names predestine babies, or some shit?

I don't see her having as many kids as Michelle. I know this one was "only" 5 weeks early, but that's not good. I'm thinking her body's utterly begging for her to STOP!!111!!!! already! I don't think this bodes well for her long-term fertility.

Faakin 'ell.

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage

Fun fact: "Nox" is how you put out your magic light in Harry Potter. You named your baby a spell, Peter! Didn't you listen when Dougie told you that names predestine babies, or some shit?

LOL! Spell name!

You know ... those names (with the exceptions of Geneva and Michael) are another rope around those children, tying them to the lifestyle of the scrabbling and hyperfertile.

Let's see, how many does this make in diapers at Chez Bradrick? I'm thinking: 3. Would give $5 to know who helps Kelly on a day-to-day basis. Do they live anywhere near Scott and Deborah? Possibly Claudia - the last Brown child remaining unmarried - is the designated au pair and diaper-changer.

Or maybe Scott has an internette program that's not publicized, in which goggle-eyed daughters o'the patriarchs attend to StrongMom Kelly's needs.

I wanna see a photo of Kelly, post-Michael. Another $5 says there won't be one for several days, while she gets some semblance of her color back.

My money's on her as a natural blonde. She's kept the color through all the pregnancies.

It'll be at least four years before Kelly has any help around the house. Once G-Con (that makes me think of a brand of rat poison) is of kindergarten age, she'll be ready to do a bit of housework. I'm sure Kelly hopes that her next few children will be daughters and not sons.

2. Hehe at his birth time. I hope Courage grows up to be the biggest pothead ever. Don't judge. I know I'm not the only one who caught that birth time.

Heck no. I was relieved to see that *I* am not the only one snickering here!

On the one hand, maybe it's good that they're being homeschooled, because I'm sure no kid has ever been teased for having the initials TP.

SRSLY. Here I am already laughing at the name talk in this thread (yeah what's up with "Michael," they're off their game or what?) and thinking that well, most kids with horrible names can at least tell the parents to shove it and go by their initials in school, but... nope! Initials are bad too!

And of course they won't let him go by "Michael," no, it's gotta be Courage. :roll:

And G-Con - LOL. That plus of course "Geneva Convention" from the last thread on this.

I don't see her having as many kids as Michelle. I know this one was "only" 5 weeks early, but that's not good. I'm thinking her body's utterly begging for her to STOP!!111!!!! already! I don't think this bodes well for her long-term fertility.

I thought this too. Doesn't this kind of stuff lead to major problems w/one's lady parts that in turn would require a hysterectomy to "cure"?

She must have gotten pregnant almost immediately after being discharged from the hospital she was airlifted to when she began hemorrhaging after the last birth. Even though this one was 5 weeks early that means the babies would originally have been roughly 13 to 14 (at most) months apart. Didn't she hemorrhage about a month after the daughter's birth? She's had cesarean section as well hasn't she?

Honestly, it makes me wonder if she's breastfeeding any of her children they're spaced so close together and that's unusual in nursing mothers.

Honestly, I think she's at a much higher risk for issues than Michelle Duggar ever was. It took Michelle years to have emergent problems and issues.

I hope she has adequate help and that her body is allowed to recover.

If she drops dead from a sixth or seventh pregnancy, Peter will re-marry as soon as he can find another "sturdy" young lady who rolls through the dirt in order to keep the menfolk from getting hard.

I got pregnant while demand breastfeeding and co sleeping with my then 3 month old. It does happen.

Did they even announce Kelly's pregnancy this time? It was very very quick, especially considering all the problems she had with Geneva (whose name I can never read without seeing it as Geneva Convention).

That poor woman, five under five and expected to do ALL the childcare and housework because her godly headship is too busy being a manly man with his friends. And soon the homeschooling will start and she'll be pregnant again.

I get the impression that Kelly feels even more pressed than most fundie women to present the image of perfection. Her and Peter's wedding was the showpiece for that generation of Vision Forum, the big vindication that showed courtship and SAHDhood worked. Everything about their relationship until this pregnancy has been publicised. Being a perfectionist and a houseful of toddlers and babies do not go well together. I wish her all the best.

If she drops dead from a sixth or seventh pregnancy, Peter will re-marry as soon as he can find another "sturdy" young lady who rolls through the dirt in order to keep the menfolk from getting hard.

Did you intend to say hard? Cause I've got an image of a VF princess with childbearing hips rolling in mud so as not to look defrauding......

So as not to look defrauding = in order to keep the menfolk from getting hard. Peter claimed that it would have been scandalously immodest for Kelly to have climbed the fence as the men had.

So as not to look defrauding = in order to keep the menfolk from getting hard. Peter claimed that it would have been scandalously immodest for Kelly to have climbed the fence as the men had.

I understand, wasn't sure if it was a Freudian slip

I got pregnant while demand breastfeeding and co sleeping with my then 3 month old. It does happen.

I've seen her babies appear in a fair few fundie blogs. They're usually sporting a pacifier or a bottle. I don't think she's the ecological bfing type.

Looking from a distance, it seems to me that the family is a trainwreck waiting to happen. Peter is a prize douche, Kelly only looks like the fundie princess in photos intended for propaganda purposes now days. In most of the others she just looks exhausted and about the colour of reheated oatmeal and she hasn't had a low-risk birth since her second. I don't know how she's going to manage to birth a baby every year, homeschool and keep up the fundie princess image. Something's got to give and it'll be a long fall from the fundie pedestal when it does.

Time for a game show. Fundy blog or Stephanie Meyer?

I laughed. Hard. Stephanie Meyer is such a horrible author that I'm still baffled about how she got published and why her stupid books have such a following. I'm surprised fundies haven't fallen head over heals for her tale about a girl who thinks she's less than nothing without a man to lead her and who sees abusive behavior as signs of him loving her.

I wonder if there is a way to set up some kind of trust fund for these poorly-named babies. This way, when they turn 18, they can just take the ebil money, run down to the nearest courthouse to change their names to something...less...weird. I just hate to think of them being stuck with names like Triumph Perseverance and Knox Defender forever... because their SODRT diploma won't get them jobs that pay enough to afford such luxuries as court fees.

I think everyone should get one free no-questions-asked name-change when they turn 18.

Did they even announce Kelly's pregnancy this time? It was very very quick, especially considering all the problems she had with Geneva (whose name I can never read without seeing it as Geneva Convention).

Peter kinda-sorta announced Kelly's pregnancy in some video he made... there was a reference to their four kids and then he mentioned she was pregnant with their fifth. However, I though that meant it was a new pregnancy, not that she was ready to pop. :shock:

I actually wrote quite a bit about Kelly in a paper for a course that covered women and Christianity. Her story made for an interesting class discussion. Not the intellectually stimulating kind of interesting, the shocked and disgusted kind.

Christ on a bike, already?

They only announced the pregnancy a few weeks ago. If she has had pre-term labour for a few weeks they probably thought they had better announce quickly in case of an appearance of unexpected baby is unexpected.

That poor girl; 5 kids in 5 years. I'd say that she is already showing strain of that. A haemorrhage after Geneva (Convention) and now a pre-term labour. She needs to give her body a break of at least 2 years, though we know that wont happen and she'll be barefoot and pregnant again by the end of the year.

During my pregnancy with my fourth, I had trouble with extreme exhaustion, back problems, my sciatic nerve and nausea. Although there was nothing wrong with me, my husband took the initiative in getting a vasectomy. He did not want me to suffer through the discomfort of another pregnancy.

After reading about Kelly, who almost died giving birth to their last child, I am so grateful for my husband who put my welfare first.

How can Peter love Kelly when he endangers her life again and again

The Archangel Michael is traditionally viewed as the general of God's heavenly army, so it fits in with Courage and all the warlike imagery.

I'm with the others fearing a bad outcome for Kelly.

She is having them too close and has already had serious complications.

She made some very stupid marriage vows about militant fecundity.

She's married to brash Peter.

I will say it. She is going to die if she doesn't wake up and smell the coffee.

Does that mean Kelly wins all the quivers, having the coveted "5 under 5"?

Pffft, that's nothing. My poor parents had 4 under 3 for 9 1/2 months! Admittedly that was because their second child turned out to be triplets, but still...

Does that mean Kelly wins all the quivers, having the coveted "5 under 5"?

:lol:

But, really, in QF terms 5 under 5 is just average--wait till it's 13 under 13 and then we'll talk.

I can't help but wonder if it ever occurs to these morons that in those Patriarchal glory days of the Bible (or even in the all-hallowed Austin and Victorian times), Kelly would have died a couple blessings ago and, even if she had survived, chances are good that more than 1 blessing would not have survived babyhood. I don't wish that on them ever, but they don't seem to realize when they push this on the "sturdy" wives that in their own version of "the good old days" it would have been very, very rare to be single-handedly raising 5 children under 5. Its only the evil modern science put that scenario together.

Archived