IGNORED

Michael Courage Bradrick

Want More Babies

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, I guess this means that she was pregnant a WHILE before they announced it, right? Also, I wonder what made them go with such a "normal" name all of a sudden?

Also... :banana-stoner: 4:20 :banana-stoner: Teeheee...couldn't resist.

Woah, I guess this means that she was pregnant a WHILE before they announced it, right? Also, I wonder what made them go with such a "normal" name all of a sudden?

Also... :banana-stoner: 4:20 :banana-stoner: Teeheee...couldn't resist.

O_o already??? and there we were all thinking lucky her she had more of a respite this time.... argh. is his wife still alive? Bet he would first mention his boy then later on say how his wife passed away in the effort.

O_o already??? and there we were all thinking lucky her she had more of a respite this time.... argh. is his wife still alive? Bet he would first mention his boy then later on say how his wife passed away in the effort.

Oh jeez, I totally wouldn't put it past him.

Oops, looks like we missed an existing 3 page thread on this!

Oops, looks like we missed an existing 3 page thread on this!

was just gonna say that! And apparently the mom is fine ;)

When he announced recently that she was expecting, I assumed (wrongly obviously) that she was due e.g. in the fall - that his announcement was around the three month mark (as many are).

Didn't she have the baby girl only a year ago?

Faakin 'ell.

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage

Fun fact: "Nox" is how you put out your magic light in Harry Potter. You named your baby a spell, Peter! Didn't you listen when Dougie told you that names predestine babies, or some shit?

Are the Bradricks Presbyterian? John Knox was one of the founders of Presbyterianism, ergo Knox Defender defends Presbyterianism.

I don't think the words "Loyal" and "Cromwell" go together, though, given that he overthrew the king he was meant to be loyal to (not that the king was in any way deserving of loyalty). He was a religious nutter, though; I'll give them that.

And when you name your kid "Michael Courage" why in nine hells would you decide that said kid should go by "Courage" rather than "Michael"?!

Are the Bradricks Presbyterian? John Knox was one of the founders of Presbyterianism, ergo Knox Defender defends Presbyterianism.

I don't think the words "Loyal" and "Cromwell" go together, though, given that he overthrew the king he was meant to be loyal to (not that the king was in any way deserving of loyalty). He was a religious nutter, though; I'll give them that.

And when you name your kid "Michael Courage" why in nine hells would you decide that said kid should go by "Courage" rather than "Michael"?!

The Bradricks are Reformed Baptists, like Kelly's dad Scott Brown and Peter's, um, "mentor" Doug Phillips. That means they revere many leaders of the Reformation, including Presbys.

I've thought about it many times, and often wondered if Brown and Phillips are Baptists, at least in part, because there is less oversight than there would be were they Presbys (look what happened to both RC Sproul Jr. and James McDonald). Oh, they're big on authority, all right, but only when they are the authorities.

Christ on a bike, already?

Nah, they're saving that name for their next kid! :D

Kelly should have done more research on her husband before saying, "I do". His mom, words fail. She radiates nothing but EVIL to the core. Fundies like to say, "Out of the heart a man speaketh", there is no doubt what is in Susan Bradrick's heart. She believes young babies are controlled by their "sin nature" and you must start training them as infants. Her is her article on having toddlers sit still in church.

©2008 - Family Discipleship Ministries - 25 Geissler Road, Montesano, WA 98563 - www.FamilyDiscipleshipMin.com

Teaching Toddlers–and Older Children–to Sit Still

by Susan Bradrick

“Impossible!†That’s what many are thinking. Or, “Cruel! How dare we take out the

wiggles that God put in!†Yes, I’ve heard that, too. But I think God has another perspective

on the matter. And it is His Word that matters.

“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.â€

(Prov. 22:6) This is just one of many commands from our Creator God to parents. Because

He made us and our children, doesn’t it make sense that we study His instruction manual

for “Toddlerhood?â€

That is just what I did when I became a believer as I was completing my master’s degree in

psychology. God had shown me clearly through my studies that man’s wisdom is foolish

and futile (psychologists have the highest suicide rate of any profession) and that I needed

to go to His Word for my questions about child training. His Word told me that if I wanted

my child–then 18 months, now 34 with six precious punkins of his own–to become a

mature, responsible, diligent, self-controlled, loving adult (and I did), I needed to diligently

seek and equally as diligently apply God’s wisdom (Prov. 2::1-13), not man’s. That was

huge for a young woman who had thought she was going to help people as a psychologist.

So, back to toddlers. I learned that all men were controlled by their own sin natures from

birth–even toddlers. I learned that training up a child didn’t start when he was ten or five,

but that God designed infancy and toddlerhood as the prime time to begin to train little

hearts “in the way they should go.†And I began to understand that if I took the time and

energy now to teach my child to obey, to deny self and practice self-control, in the little

things during infancy and toddlerhood that I would be building the critical foundation for

that mature, responsible, diligent, self-controlled, loving adult I hoped to have in the

future. Makes sense, doesn’t it? And you know what? God’s Word is faithful and true. It

worked–nine times over!

“But how!†you exclaim. The basic sin of man is this, “I want to do when I want to do it. ‘I

will be like God.’†(Gen. 3:5) So God gives us the blessed opportunity when our children

are tiny to help them learn that they may not do what they want to do when they want to

do it. They must learn to obey God (through His earthly representatives–their parents)

rather than being God as all children want to do.

So let’s look at sitting still. Does a tiny child need exercise, opportunities to crawl or toddle

or wiggle and play? Of course! But now comes the crucial question: Does a tiny child

(even as young as 6-12 months old) need to crawl or toddle or wiggle and play where and

whenever he wants to do so? Or does he need to learn from his very earliest days that

there are sometimes when he may crawl or toddle or wiggle and play and there are times he

may not. He may not always do what he wants to do when he wants to do it and it is

critical for him–for his own good and future blessing–to learn this crucial spiritual lesson

when he is tiny.

So let’s get realistic. How can you possibly teach an infant or toddler to be quiet and still

while you are sitting in church, at a concert, on an airplane? That’s easy. You can’t! You

must do it at home before you get to the church, concert, or airplane. Purpose before God

to use the everyday opportunities He graciously gives in your home to teach your child to

deny himself, to practice self control, and to obey someone other than himself–namely, you!

Some people use family Bible reading time for this training. And this is prime training

time. But to keep Bible time from being continually interrupted by teaching, reproof,

correction, and training in righteousness (see 2 Tim. 3:16-17), be a wise mommy and teach

the rudiments of these principles at a less disruptive time. Teach your infant to lie still

without rolling around on the changing table by showing him what you want him to do,

reproving him firmly but gently for several time when he doesn’t (and he won’t!), and then

soundly swatting his conveniently bare little bottom several times to show him that he

must obey your words. If you are consistent, he will soon get the picture and learn that

during diapering I may not do what I want when I want to do it. I must lie still and quiet.

Then apply this very same process to other situations, including daily story reading time

before naps. (This is an invaluable time for both sharing wonderful early childhood

literature–including Bible stories–with your children and teaching them to be quite and sit

still. Then, with this groundwork laid, apply this process during family Bible study. If you

have been diligent, it will be much easier now because your child has learned the basics

already. And guess what? You have been teaching your child to be quiet and still while

you are sitting in church, at a concert, on an airplane! Oh, he will test you

occasionally–some children are more persistent at this than others–to see if you really mean

“sit quite and be still†in church like you do at home. But you will be blessed to see the

“peaceful fruits of righteousness†(Heb. 12: 11) that God will be working in your child and

home if you will faithfully, from infancy, train up your child in the way he should go, rather

than allowing him to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

I almost posted that article by Susan Bradrick. No wonder Peter is so screwed up. Her training did not produce a confident man but instead, someone desperate to prove their own manliness at the expense of their wife's life.

I almost posted that article by Susan Bradrick. No wonder Peter is so screwed up. Her training did not produce a confident man but instead, someone desperate to prove their own manliness at the expense of their wife's life.

It is really sad that young mothers are being judged by how their young children sit in church. There is no way that I could sit and listen to these men pontificate without being bored to tears and wanting to move around.

I think we are seeing the results of Susan's fruit and it is not anything that I would want for my children. If my children acted anything like Peter I would wonder what I had done wrong.

It is sad to me, that someone who should know better (Master's Degree in Psychology) would write such things. It is all about breaking the child's will at a very young age (6 months or so). It is obvious that Susan was a better person before she became a Christian. Too bad she can't understand Jesus words, "Treat others the way you want to be treated".

Introducing Michael Courage Bradrick! He is named after his grandfather Michael Bradrick and will officially be Michael C. Bradrick Jr.!

To be a junior, doesn't your name have to be exactly the same as your father's? So, if little Michael Courage is named after his grandfather, wouldn't the gf have to have the middle name "Courage"? And wouldn't Peter have to be named the same? Then that would make the baby a "III"? I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

What a fucking idiot.

I'm with the others fearing a bad outcome for Kelly.

She is having them too close and has already had serious complications.

She made some very stupid marriage vows about militant fecundity.

She's married to brash Peter.

I will say it. She is going to die if she doesn't wake up and smell the coffee.

Or worse. Please, universe, don't let this be another Yates thing.

(Edit to make things a little clearer)

It is really sad that young mothers are being judged by how their young children sit in church. There is no way that I could sit and listen to these men pontificate without being bored to tears and wanting to move around.

I think we are seeing the results of Susan's fruit and it is not anything that I would want for my children. If my children acted anything like Peter I would wonder what I had done wrong.

It is sad to me, that someone who should know better (Master's Degree in Psychology) would write such things. It is all about breaking the child's will at a very young age (6 months or so). It is obvious that Susan was a better person before she became a Christian. Too bad she can't understand Jesus words, "Treat others the way you want to be treated".

Did Jesus say that? Not being snarky.

Or worse. Please don't let this be another Yates thing.

I know, right? I'm seriously wanting to know what kind of help she's getting around the house. She either has the two oldest "helping" her (which still wouldn't really be of any help at their ages), she has outside help, OR she's about to snap. No matter what, from having four other such young kids along with a newborn, there's simply no way that woman's sane.

:lol:

But, really, in QF terms 5 under 5 is just average--wait till it's 13 under 13 and then we'll talk.

I can't help but wonder if it ever occurs to these morons that in those Patriarchal glory days of the Bible (or even in the all-hallowed Austin and Victorian times), Kelly would have died a couple blessings ago and, even if she had survived, chances are good that more than 1 blessing would not have survived babyhood. I don't wish that on them ever, but they don't seem to realize when they push this on the "sturdy" wives that in their own version of "the good old days" it would have been very, very rare to be single-handedly raising 5 children under 5. Its only the evil modern science put that scenario together.

QFT.

In re: "Juniors" ... I've read it both ways: that a baby must be the son of the person with the same name to be a Junior, OTOH that a baby can be named for another ancestor and called Junior ... or given Roman numerals -- II, III, IV. (There's a famous chef in the Saint Louis area who calls himself Ivy because he's the IVth to have the family name. But I digress. But I would love to be able to go back to wherever he's cheffing, these days!)

Where Peter screws up, again, IMHO is calling the poor baby Junior if Grandpa BRADRICK's name is not MIchael Courage. And I'm kind of betting it isn't.

To the announcement of the pregnancy - I remember just having heard about it a few weeks back, and thus thinking the due date was still 7 or 8 months off. I am willing to bet a lot of money on the theory of the FJian who said non-announcement of pregnancy #5 was deliberate until the mother's body began to make it clear that a birth was going to be sooner than later. Peter BRADRICK is a tool - a weak tool, the use of which is going to cause more problems than it fixes.

AGREED!

To be a junior, doesn't your name have to be exactly the same as your father's? So, if little Michael Courage is named after his grandfather, wouldn't the gf have to have the middle name "Courage"? And wouldn't Peter have to be named the same? Then that would make the baby a "III"? I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

What a fucking idiot.

Which one of us is going to email his dad and find out what his middle name is? And yes, I believe protocol is that you're not a junior unless you carry the exact name of your father.

Did Jesus say that? Not being snarky.

Yes, He did in a round about way. Matthhew 7:12 Depending on which version you use, it does say that. New Living Translation reads: “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." For those KJV only fundies: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

Thank you Want More Babies.

:doh: Count me on the bandwagon of people who thought Kelly still had several months to go. She really needs to take a break.

I was so impressed that one of them actually got to have a nice, normal name like Michael...then they have to go and call him Courage. Ughhhh.

Archived