IGNORED

Hilarious Patriotic Frumpers

Daenerys

From the Seven Sisters' latest post...

6206185188_d2e7e6696c_z.jpg

Also, Cassia is graduating and they went to the railroad and took 814 pictures. Eight hundred and fourteen! These girls would put Miss Raquel to shame....

(sevenfarmgirlsisters.com)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think If I asked them nicely, they could make me a Union Jack one for the Jubilee over here? :lol:

Is there a particular age those girls have to be at before they have to wear those lacy bonnet head covering things?

I think that they put them on when they 'flower' for the first time, judging by the age of the oldest not wearing one.

You know, they actually probably would. I do snark on their odd clothes but they do seem to be genuinely very nice and unjudgemental people!

They look like they had a really fun time with the train track pictures.

So many fundie blogs have pictures of people pretending to have fun, so that was nice to see.

814 pictures?? I've known people who spent a week on Easter Island and didn't take that many pictures!

Camera's.

Camera's.

CAMERA'S.

*stabbity* :angry-banghead:

And with such nice CAMERAS, (judging by the body size/style, they are expensive ones!), you'd think they would know how to hold them correctly. *sigh*

They do look like they were having fun and enjoying being together, so that is something at least.

Against my better judgment, I like the seven sisters.

That pic of their newest baby goat made me die a little. So F'ing cute.

Some of us are old enough to remember when it was not only declasse to wear the American flag on one's clothes or as part of a fabric pattern, but it was against the law in a lot of jurisdictions. Of course, in today's era of hyperpatriotism, you're going to see this craziness.

Cute photos, esp. with the sunglasses, but the mom voice in my head kept screaming "watch out for the train!".

Do you think If I asked them nicely, they could make me a Union Jack one for the Jubilee over here? :lol:

Is there a particular age those girls have to be at before they have to wear those lacy bonnet head covering things?

I have a Union Jack sweater, a belt buckle, some pillows, a teddy bear....the list goes on. :D

Fun Fact: The law against defacing or burning flags only applies to the American flag. It is perfectly legal to do so to a Jack or any other flag of the former Empire. If anyone is interested in the history of the Union Jack I would recommend The Union Jack: The Story Of the British Flag by Nick Groom.

The outfits remind of the Bateses outfits on roids.

gilbatesfamily.com/2011/07/04/july-4th/

Its not just fundies and train tracks, a whole lot of fauxtographers also seem to favor them! It drives me crazy. Besides the danger, it is illegal in most States to be on train tracks.

Those frumpers remind me a bit of the red white and blue patchwork quilts I saw once at the Nebraska state fair. Not horribly ugly, but not something I'd really want to wear as clothes.

Edited because WTF Firefox, don't just submit posts before I'm done typing!

Some of us are old enough to remember when it was not only declasse to wear the American flag on one's clothes or as part of a fabric pattern, but it was against the law in a lot of jurisdictions. Of course, in today's era of hyperpatriotism, you're going to see this craziness.

Heh. I wondered the same thing when I see the endless t-shirts with flags on them nowadays. Back in the late 1970's I remember getting lecture from some patriotic American about how those British people are happy to wear the Union Jack on everything (thinking punk style) but Americans actually revere their flag and you can't possibly make a t-shirt out of it, heavens no! (Which is not to say that such items weren't in fact sold. I'm pretty sure Spencer gifts had flag undies.)

I've seen these jumpers before though. This family did a trip to the Northeast to visit various patriotic sites (Philadelphia and Boston sites, IIRC) and they wore the same jumpers on that trip too.

Can I just say that I actually really like that they thanked the soldiers in the military?? Not something I would expect from fundies. Zsus Memorial day post says nothing about the soldiers and our freedom.

Can I just say that I actually really like that they thanked the soldiers in the military?? Not something I would expect from fundies. Zsus Memorial day post says nothing about the soldiers and our freedom.

Yeah, Zsu doesn't really like the military. Something about corruption and teh gayz.

Not to rain on these simple girls' parade, but it is against the law to trespass on railroad property, not to mention incredibly dangerous.

Heh. I wondered the same thing when I see the endless t-shirts with flags on them nowadays. Back in the late 1970's I remember getting lecture from some patriotic American about how those British people are happy to wear the Union Jack on everything (thinking punk style) but Americans actually revere their flag and you can't possibly make a t-shirt out of it, heavens no! (Which is not to say that such items weren't in fact sold. I'm pretty sure Spencer gifts had flag undies.)

I've seen these jumpers before though. This family did a trip to the Northeast to visit various patriotic sites (Philadelphia and Boston sites, IIRC) and they wore the same jumpers on that trip too.

The only person who would look good in an American flag shirt is the obscenity screaming protest leader from Forrest Gump.

hoffman400_beo22885.jpg

There's also a tacky shoe option too:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReYKLRWQ-n9RVIErhPvvKrQR_EJXte_b8n55jD34uM3gUuoVg9Qg

The sisters' fabric isn't actually the flag, though, is it? It's just red white and blue with (mostly red and blue) stars on.

Archived