IGNORED

Hilarious Patriotic Frumpers

Daenerys

Took 814 pictures and proceeded to post 70+ of them.

I wonder when Rebekah (I think she's #6) will start covering her head. I wonder if there is a specific age when they start, or how that gets decided. One thing about the 7 sisters, they're pretty subtle with actually discussing religion, as far as I've noticed.

And yes, they would make you a Union Jack frumper, just get in touch with them on Etsy and flash your cash :D

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm going to say it; those be some homely girls. Acne. Discolored teeth. Dirty feet. Frizzy hair. Eyebrows in desperate need of a tweezer. Eyebags. :shock:

You would think they would either make themselves look a little better pre-photo, or choose the more flattering ones (at a distance, not full-on face) to post online.

The only person who would look good in an American flag shirt is the obscenity screaming protest leader from Forrest Gump.

hoffman400_beo22885.jpg

That's supposed to be Abbie Hoffman from the Yippies and the Chicago Seven Trial.

OK, I'm going to say it; those be some homely girls. Acne. Discolored teeth. Dirty feet. Frizzy hair. Eyebrows in desperate need of a tweezer. Eyebags. :shock:

You would think they would either make themselves look a little better pre-photo, or choose the more flattering ones (at a distance, not full-on face) to post online.

It does seem like they miss out on some self-care. Not caring about your appearance doesn't account for not caring about your health. They look like they need more sleep, conditioner or oil for their hair, and more frequent use of less harsh soap. Not to mention toothbrushes.

Feet are supposed to be dirty, though. They're for walking on dirt, duh. :lol:

Oh, those outfits ... my eyes, they've blinded my eyes.

Also, those poor girls - they don't look like they are being taught to take care of themselves at all, beyond soap and a braid.

Despite the way they look, they seem like they are having such a good time together. They just look more "real" than the Duggars, for example.

Oh, those outfits ... my eyes, they've blinded my eyes.

Also, those poor girls - they don't look like they are being taught to take care of themselves at all, beyond soap and a braid.

Mom of course cares for herself rather well, what with her Ttap business and all.

I know it is shallow and negative to focus on looks but really the acne/teeth/dirtiness/frizzy hair and wild eyebrows are something. The worst part is that all of these features could be improved upon with very little cost. Good acne creams, teeth whiteners, soap, hair care products and tweezers are readily and cheaply available. With a little effort (and maybe a touch of makeup) those girls could all look 100% better.

I don't think any of them wear bras. It looks like they wear undershirts under their blouses. Either that or they are all incredibly flat chested.

I have walked/played on more railroad tracks in my life than I can count. Out here in the country where we live, they are mostly abandoned except for the occasional dinner train up to the mountain. It was the quickest way to the library and the local store.

On the other hand, because my great-grandfather worked for the railroad for 60 years, he taught me a healthy respect for trains (lots of stories of squished cars and people getting their limbs ripped off trying to jump the train), so I am very cautious when driving and approaching unmarked train tracks in the car and I stand at least a 200 yards away from any train that is moving.

I do like the Seven Sisters, they seem genuinely happy.

I wonder where they live in Indiana? I was in Shipshewana this last weekend, which is like fundie central with all the Amish/Mennonites in the area. We saw fundies of all flavors. I wonder if these girls are Anabaptists of some kind?

I know it is shallow and negative to focus on looks but really the acne/teeth/dirtiness/frizzy hair and wild eyebrows are something. The worst part is that all of these features could be improved upon with very little cost. Good acne creams, teeth whiteners, soap, hair care products and tweezers are readily and cheaply available. With a little effort (and maybe a touch of makeup) those girls could all look 100% better.

I don't know where you live, but here, whitening kits are not cheap (when you live on a tight budget, spending even $20 on one item can be a large expense), and some of the best acne washes are costly as well (the only thing that's ever worked on my skin is Proactiv). I think they look average, which isn't a bad thing at all, but it squicks some people out because of our image-obsessed culture.

FYI - it's only a Union Jack at sea, on land or in the air (or on a frumper!) it is a Union Flag.

FYI - it's only a Union Jack at sea, on land or in the air (or on a frumper!) it is a Union Flag.

Slightly OT but have you seen David Mitchell's flag burning rant? It's on youtube. Fricking hillarious.

I don't know where you live, but here, whitening kits are not cheap (when you live on a tight budget, spending even $20 on one item can be a large expense), and some of the best acne washes are costly as well (the only thing that's ever worked on my skin is Proactiv). I think they look average, which isn't a bad thing at all, but it squicks some people out because of our image-obsessed culture.

The only thing that ever worked for my acne was "steam cleaning" which is basically laying a very hot washcloth over your face until it cools. Soap breaks me out. A lot of these things are more about technique than they are about products. The condition of their skin, hair and teeth tells me that they aren't taking care of themselves properly, probably because they haven't been taught how to or why it's important.

Unless these girls are smoking or drinking coffee, soda and wine, there's no reason for their teeth to be yellowed if they take good care of them.

This is absolutely not a snark. I just think that sometimes some very religious people get so caught up in anything relating to their appearance being vain that they neglect the health of visible body parts. I've noticed this with Amish women, too, whom I have had many conversations with on the subject.

I do think things like bras, tooth whitening and eyebrow plucking are unnecessary vanities.

I wonder where they live in Indiana? I was in Shipshewana this last weekend, which is like fundie central with all the Amish/Mennonites in the area. We saw fundies of all flavors. I wonder if these girls are Anabaptists of some kind?

They are indeed Anabaptists.

How old is the oldest sister? It doesn't seem like the parents have encouraged them to become adults in even the smallest ways.

The only thing that ever worked for my acne was "steam cleaning" which is basically laying a very hot washcloth over your face until it cools. Soap breaks me out. A lot of these things are more about technique than they are about products. The condition of their skin, hair and teeth tells me that they aren't taking care of themselves properly, probably because they haven't been taught how to or why it's important.

Unless these girls are smoking or drinking coffee, soda and wine, there's no reason for their teeth to be yellowed if they take good care of them.

This is absolutely not a snark. I just think that sometimes some very religious people get so caught up in anything relating to their appearance being vain that they neglect the health of visible body parts. I've noticed this with Amish women, too, whom I have had many conversations with on the subject.

I do think things like bras, tooth whitening and eyebrow plucking are unnecessary vanities.

Persistent acne is often hormonal, and no skincare treatment will make it go away. Hormonal birth control will, however, but obviously the seven sisters won't have that.

Also, some people just have yellowish teeth naturally - I do, and my teeth are perfectly healthy. Yellow teeth can still be healthy teeth.

How old is the oldest sister? It doesn't seem like the parents have encouraged them to become adults in even the smallest ways.

She had a recent birthday. I think it was 25? Maybe 23. From what I read they like being infantilised and seem quite happy acting like 8 year olds.

As for their religion, has it been confirmed they are Anabaptists? They don't often state on their site about their religious affiliations.

She had a recent birthday. I think it was 25? Maybe 23. From what I read they like being infantilised and seem quite happy acting like 8 year olds.

As for their religion, has it been confirmed they are Anabaptists? They don't often state on their site about their religious affiliations.

I remember them reviewing books about early Anabaptists.

Those frumpers are hideous.

It doesn't seem to matter how thin or shapely a person is - a loose fitting bodice with a gathered skirt is so unflattering.

Personally, I'm glad there are girls somewhere in the world who don't feel obligated to do any of this stuff.

Archived