IGNORED

Journey to the Heart

SpeakNow

The girl on the bottom row, 2nd from the right in the pink, she'll make someone a fine helpmeet one day. She looks very ummm neat and tidy!

Maybe SHE was sent to lighten up a little???

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always worry about seeing Joy Anna at one of these Journey things...has she been sent yet? They seem to be great tools of spirit crushing, and I don't want her spirit to be crushed too since she seems to have it. Also I started to wonder what it's like for those non white girls.

About the pastel shirts...can it be a separation by age? Though many fundies think that's sinful. Maybe it's a separation by level of sin? So let's say the girls in the pink are determined most sinful and therefor need the most spirit crushing. That seems like something fundies would do. Teams do seem too competitive and more like fun than the brainwashing it's supposed to be.

I always worry about seeing Joy Anna at one of these Journey things...has she been sent yet? They seem to be great tools of spirit crushing, and I don't want her spirit to be crushed too since she seems to have it. Also I started to wonder what it's like for those non white girls.

About the pastel shirts...can it be a separation by age? Though many fundies think that's sinful. Maybe it's a separation by level of sin? So let's say the girls in the pink are determined most sinful and therefor need the most spirit crushing. That seems like something fundies would do. Teams do seem too competitive and more like fun than the brainwashing it's supposed to be.

I think they're probably designations, like 'counselor,' 'kitchen staff,' what have you.

Pink = once saw her self naked

Blue = climbed a tree when she was 7, now deemed not feminine enough

Purple = lesbian tendancies

Green = once asked, "what's global warming?"

seems like they went to the journey again

Jana&Jill

anyone recognize any other girls?

livingthejourney.com

So Jana DIDN'T go alone as the show description makes us believe, unless they dropped Jana off and Jill went home for 2 days before coming back to Chitown? That makes no sense, but these ARE the Duggars we're talking about.

eta: Joy went to Indoctrination Camp last fall. With Jana (again), IIRC.

What exactly happens on a JTTH? I remember listening to a podcast following the Duggar girls' trip last year, and it seemed like they got really, really guilt tripped. Do any of you know what they do there? The ATI website makes it look really benign, but that doesn't exactly strike me as a reliable source.

Looks like Jinger went too:

P1040476.JPG

No sign of Jessa or Joy though.

So the foreign exchange student (was that legit, btw?), Jennifer was sent too. :roll:

Is this the thing they are sent to for being too sinful or whatever? The picture with all the matching shirts is creepy for some reason. And the pickles picture...oh my! You can't make this stuff up!!

Maybe the different colored shirts indicate your family's level on the ATI ladder? Maybe they represent your eligibility to marry some eligible fundie and become his helpmeet? Maybe the different colors represent the number of times you've had to attend the program before you submit to the Kool-Aid?

So the foreign exchange student (was that legit, btw?), Jennifer was sent too. :roll:

Why does one girl have pants under her skirt? She's evil!!!! An evil pants wearing female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that a Duggar wearing...gasp! SHOES?!?

And not for nothing but that's one damned expensive lens she's got there. About $2500. How long does it take a Duggar slave to save up 3 cents per jurisdiction for a Big Boy like that? Hmmmm...

These are From the Journey in August, so just last month, being the latest pics:

Are Jana and Jill both employed by Gothard HQ now or what?

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

DSCN8344.JPG

RSCN8198.JPG

DSCN8236.JPG

:roll: I don't think any of those girls are Jennifer Hartono...

Can someone descripe to me what girls are doing on this journey's? Is it like a bad biblical summercamp? And is there a simular boy-thing? Do they go as often?

:roll: I don't think any of those girls are Jennifer Hartono...

3rd from the left isn't? I was thinking that it was her, but I haven't seen a picute since the Semi-Automatic gun pictures were leaked. Ooops.

Can someone descripe to me what girls are doing on this journey's? Is it like a bad biblical summercamp? And is there a simular boy-thing? Do they go as often?

Its basically a 10 day self reflection. Basically a weed out all of your sins!

For ten days, you have a chance to get rid of anything that hinders you from knowing God's love and the victory He desires you to have. This time away gives you an opportunity to continue, or even begin the Journey of loving Him with all your heart soul mind and strength.

Very much an aspect of, if you think something is wrong with the picture your parents are painting of God, and dare to question anything, thats a sin and you're being hindered from knowing God!

Here's a list of their topics and activities.

Journey Overview:

The Journey begins on Saturday,with each attendee having a personal interview with Mr. Gothard at some point during the day. The first official session will start at 6:00p.m. Saturday evening.

Sunday will be a time of completing personal interviews, getting to know team members, and various teaching sessions.

Monday all Journey attendees will travel up to the Northwoods of Michigan where the real Journey begins. For the next five days, (Monday through Saturday) there will be much individual time to seek the Lord, interspersed with group prayer and discussion as the teams work through the Journey to the Heart binder. In the evenings there may be speaking sessions or various DVD messages or testimonies.

Thursday will be a day of delighting in the Lord through fasting and seeking Him.

Sunday morning the teams will leave the Northwoods and return to Headquarters in time for an evening meeting.

Monday will be follow up training and practical counsel for returning home.

Tuesday everyone will return to their homes and families.

Topics & Activities

Fellowship

Get Acquainted With Your Journey Companions

Seeking God

Search Our Six Wrong Heart Conditions

Do I Have a Murmuring Heart?

Do I Have a Fearful Heart?

Do I Have an Adulterous Heart?

Do I Have a Deceitful Heart?

Do I Have an Uncircumcised Heart?

Do I Have a Prideful Heart?

Twelve Attitudes of a Good Heart

A Clean Heart vs. A Wicked Heart

A Pure Heart vs. A Double Heart

A Wise and Understanding Heart vs. A Foolish Heart

A Broken Heart vs. A Hard Heart

A Tender Heart vs. A Bitter Heart

A Meek Heart vs. A Proud Heart

A Circumcised Heart vs. A Deceitful Heart

A Large Heart vs. A Lean Heart

A Faithful Heart vs. An Unbelieving Heart

A Perfect Heart vs. A Whorish Heart

A Sound and Upright Heart vs. A Deceived Heart

A Merry Heart vs. A Discouraged Heart

Delighting in the Lord

Ask God to Open Spiritual Eyes.

Enjoy a Jewel From God’s Word.

A Search for Wisdom in Proverbs.

Turn Scripture into your Prayer.

Identify Your Most Pressing Issue.

Outline History’s Greatest Sermon.

Share exhortations.

Get Alone for a Personal Study.

Learn How to Delight in God’s Word.

Delight in Scripture More Than in Food.

Learn the Rewards of Waiting on God.

Enjoy the Sweetness of Silence.

An Hour of Prayer

Knowing God By His Names

Good gosh it must be soooo boring over there! The girls in the pic look as amused as one would be in a dentist's waiting room before a root canal. Urgh.

One of the tactics they use is that at some point in the middle of the week, one of the counselors or someone in authority will go before the group of girls and say that somebody isn't being truthful. Someone is hiding their sins, and it's keeping everybody from being closer to G-d. They demand that whoever it needs to confess. Obviously, there is no specific person they are thinking of--it's like fake-psychics with cold readings. They make the girls feel so guilty that they start confessing any thought or action that isn't in line with "keeping sweet," and it gets blown up into dramatic proportions. Having a crush on a boy=committing adultery in your heart, wanting to look pretty=vanity, and so on.

whoa serious GeoBQn? Thats some messed up shit!!!

Talk about manipulation!

Did you attend one? Got anymore insider goss? ;-)

Oh no, I didn't go on one. Among other things, I don't think they'd take kindly to a Jew attending. It came up either here or at TWOP, when the J'slaves went on their first JTTH and they were on a podcast talking about sins they were combating.

Ah OK! hehe that would be interesting to one of us attend though, although I dare say that I would want to stab my own ears out with a fork by the end of just two days! lol!

Archived