IGNORED

Journey to the Heart

SpeakNow

perfect heart vs whorish heart??? really???

So does that mean if you're not perfect you're a whore? That's nice to know.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was rooting on the Northwoods website yesterday, and I recall seeing something about bathing suits...one piece for gals, shorts for guys. I was quite surprised that they didn't say, bring your wholesome wear, or whatever it's called!

Ah OK! hehe that would be interesting to one of us attend though, although I dare say that I would want to stab my own ears out with a fork by the end of just two days! lol!

I totally just asked my husband if he'd pay for me to go and spy on fundies and learn about uncircumcised hearts (because, yes, I am a loser), but apparently it's waaaaasteful to spend $800 to lul@people. So, I looked for a scholarship! The site says, essentially, "if you can't pay, pray on it". Color me disappointed :(

One of the tactics they use is that at some point in the middle of the week, one of the counselors or someone in authority will go before the group of girls and say that somebody isn't being truthful. Someone is hiding their sins, and it's keeping everybody from being closer to G-d. They demand that whoever it needs to confess. Obviously, there is no specific person they are thinking of--it's like fake-psychics with cold readings. They make the girls feel so guilty that they start confessing any thought or action that isn't in line with "keeping sweet," and it gets blown up into dramatic proportions. Having a crush on a boy=committing adultery in your heart, wanting to look pretty=vanity, and so on.

Wow, that sounds awful and creepy. What an effective way to keep a sheltered Quiverfull girl in line though.

Wow, that sounds awful and creepy. What an effective way to keep a sheltered Quiverfull girl in line though.

Sorry but how is this not like a cult? It's all about control.

Its a HECK of a lot of money isn't it? Just for days of sitting around introspecting!

Even the ATI enrolled $500! I mean my whole family could probably go on a pretty decent vacation for that!

I totally just asked my husband if he'd pay for me to go and spy on fundies and learn about uncircumcised hearts (because, yes, I am a loser), but apparently it's waaaaasteful to spend $800 to lul@people. So, I looked for a scholarship! The site says, essentially, "if you can't pay, pray on it". Color me disappointed :(

Wow, so there were three J'girls at that conference. That's $2400. I guess it's worth it to keep them home raising the kids. It's cheaper than hiring 3 live-in nannies.

Wow, so there were three J'girls at that conference. That's $2400. I guess it's worth it to keep them home raising the kids. It's cheaper than hiring 3 live-in nannies.

Who besides me thinks the J girls probably get a discount in exchange for being pimped out to possible attendees as a reason to attend? Ma and Pa seem to be experts at getting all kinds of perks these days.

Are Jana and Jill working for ATI / Gothard HQ how or not? I remember it being mentioned before, but there seems to be conflicting things being said about that.

Its basically a 10 day self reflection. Basically a weed out all of your sins!

Very much an aspect of, if you think something is wrong with the picture your parents are painting of God, and dare to question anything, thats a sin and you're being hindered from knowing God!

Here's a list of their topics and activities.

Thanx! But now I have to ask: WTF is a circumcised heart? That doesn't sound healthy! Neither do the large heart and the broken heart... My dad has an enlarged heart and that's a bad thing!

Who besides me thinks the J girls probably get a discount in exchange for being pimped out to possible attendees as a reason to attend? Ma and Pa seem to be experts at getting all kinds of perks these days.

To be fair, it's $500 for members, so it's $900 less than that $2400 total--but it'd still be a hell of a lot of money for most families! I agree that they probably get some sort of deal for being "celebrities", or at least for being such a huge family.

how could a lady have an Uncircumcised Heart?!

Completely intact. They believe in not "giving away pieces of your heart."

Its basically a 10 day self reflection. Basically a weed out all of your sins!

Very much an aspect of, if you think something is wrong with the picture your parents are painting of God, and dare to question anything, thats a sin and you're being hindered from knowing God!

A Circumcised Heart vs. A Deceitful Heart

WTF?

According to this formulation, a circumcised heart is what you want. What on goddess's green earth does it mean for a heart to be circumcised? And how is that the opposite of being deceitful?

Aw, I'm disappointed! I was just so sure that it had something to do with making it more difficult to masturbate your heart :lol:

:laughing-rolling:

No, that squicks me, too.

Me too...but he is a creepy old man with a bunch of young girls who never married yet makes a lot of rules concerning sexuality. Very scary

Me too...but he is a creepy old man with a bunch of young girls who never married yet makes a lot of rules concerning sexuality. Very scary

Hasn't Gothard been accused of sexual misconduct by former interns? I seem to recall an article on that -- I think it was on recovering grace.

Very skeevy. Poor women.

Archived